It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress Will Vote To Declare World War 3

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
if you read the full op's link it is the rep's that are for this the dem's are against it, i will post link and try for a snippet form the op's link

House Dems protest GOP’s plans for permanent war against terror

Nearly three dozen House Democrats are calling on Republicans to withdraw a section of the 2012 defense authorization bill that they say would effectively declare a state of permanent war against unnamed Taliban and al Qaeda operatives.

A Tuesday letter from House Judiciary Committee Chairman John Conyers Jr. (D-Mich.) and 32 other Democrats argues that affirming continued war against terrorist forces goes too far, giving too much authority to the president without debate in Congress.

Their letter cites language in the authorization bill that incorporates the Detainee Security Act, which affirms continued armed conflict against terrorists overseas.

“By declaring a global war against nameless individuals, organizations and nations ‘associated’ with the Taliban and al Qaeda, as well as those playing a supporting role in their efforts, the Detainee Security Act would appear to grant the president near unfettered authority to initiate military action around the world without further congressional approval,” Democrats wrote. “Such authority must not be ceded to the president without careful deliberation from Congress.”

The specific language in the bill is found in section 1034 of H.R. 1540, which affirms that the U.S. is “engaged in an armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban and associated forces.” It also affirms that the president has the authority to detain “certain belligerents” until the armed conflict is over.

“Al Qaeda, the Taliban and associated forces still pose a grave threat to U.S. national security,” the bill says. “The Authorization for Use of Military Force necessarily includes the authority to address the continuing and evolving threat posed by these groups.”
so is this a ploy for us to vote fro dem's or is it to late???
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: editting
and how hard is it to find this ????? for here it is read it and get ready to be deemed a terrorist if your not for this
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

www.govtrack.us... the full text www.govtrack.us... and just for you that can not to see for your self

HR 1540 IH

112th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1540

To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2012 for military activities of the Department of Defense and for military construction, to prescribe military personnel strengths for fiscal year 2012, and for other purposes.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

April 14, 2011

Mr. MCKEON (for himself and Mr. SMITH of Washington) (both by request): introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Armed Services
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link
and then where is section 1034??????

Subtitle B--Space Activities

Sec. 911. Revisions to policy on development and procurement of unmanned systems.

TITLE X--GENERAL PROVISIONS

Sec. 1001. Repeal of requirement for annual joint report from Office of Management and Budget and Congressional Budget Office on scoring of outlays in defense budget function.

Sec. 1002. Revision to conditions on status of retired aircraft carrier ex-John F. Kennedy.

Sec. 1003. Authority to provide information for maritime safety of forces and hydrographic support.

Sec. 1004. Deposit of reimbursed funds under reciprocal fire protection agreements.

Sec. 1005. Change in name of the Industrial College of the Armed Forces to the Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy at the National Defense University.

Sec. 1006. Establishment of the joint urgent operational needs fund to rapidly meet urgent operational needs.

Sec. 1007. Ratemaking procedures for civil reserve air fleet contracts.

Sec. 1008. Three-year extension of authority to support Unified Counter-Drug and Counterterrorism Campaign in Colombia and of numerical limitation on assignment of United States personnel in Colombia.

Sec. 1009. Two-year extension of authority for joint task forces to provide support to law enforcement agencies conducting counter-terrorism activities.

TITLE XI--CIVILIAN PERSONNEL MATTERS

Sec. 1101. Placement of national guard non-dual status technicians in the excepted service with all dual status National Guard technicians.

TITLE XII--MATTERS RELATING TO FOREIGN NATIONS

Sec. 1201. Extension of authority for support of special operations to combat terrorism.

Sec. 1202. One-year extension of commanders’ emergency response program and extension of due date for quarterly reports to Congress.

Sec. 1203. Five-year extension of authorization for non-conventional assisted recovery capabilities.

Sec. 1204. One-year extension of authority for reimbursement of certain coalition nations for support provided to United States military operations.

TITLE XIII--OTHER AUTHORIZATIONS

Subtitle A--Military Programs

Sec. 1301. Working Capital Funds.

Sec. 1302. National Defense Sealift Fund.

Sec. 1303. Joint urgent operational needs fund.

Sec. 1304. Chemical agents and munitions destruction, defense.

Sec. 1305. Drug interdiction and counter-drug activities, defense-wide.

Sec. 1306. Defense Inspector General.

Sec. 1307. Defense health program.

Subtitle B--Armed Forces Retirement Home

Sec. 1311. Authorization of appropriations for Armed Forces Retirement Home.

TITLE XIV--AUTHORIZATION OF ADDITIONAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR OVERSEAS CONTINGENCY OPERATIONS FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012

Sec. 1401. Purpose.

Sec. 1402. Army procurement.

Sec. 1403. Joint improvised explosive device defeat fund.

Sec. 1404. Navy and Marine Corps procurement.

Sec. 1405. Air force procurement.

Sec. 1406. Joint Urgent Operational Needs Fund.

Sec. 1407. Mine resistant ambush protected vehicle fund.

Sec. 1408. Defense-wide activities procurement.

Sec. 1409. Research, development, test, and evaluation.

Sec. 1410. Operation and maintenance.

Sec. 1411. Military personnel.

Sec. 1412. Working capital funds.

Sec. 1413. Defense health program.

Sec. 1414. Drug interdiction and counter-drug activities, defense-wide.

Sec. 1415. Defense Inspector General.

TITLE XV--ARMED FORCES RETIREMENT HOME

Sec. 1501. Amendment of Armed Forces Retirement Home Act of 1991.

Sec. 1502. Annual validation of multiyear accreditation.

Sec. 1503. Clarification of responsibilities and duties of senior medical advisor.

Sec. 1504. Replacement of local boards of trustees for each facility with single Advisory Council.

Sec. 1505. Administrators, Ombudsmen, and staff of facilities.

Sec. 1506. Revision to inspection requirements.

Sec. 1507. Repeal of obsolete provisions.

Sec. 1508. Technical, conforming, and clerical amendments.

DIVISION B--MILITARY CONSTRUCTION AUTHORIZATIONS

Sec. 2001. Short title.

Sec. 2002. Expiration of authorizations and amounts required to be specified by law.

TITLE XXI--ARMY MILITARY CONSTRUCTION

Sec. 2101. Authorized Army construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2102. Family housing.

Sec. 2103. Improvements to military family housing units.

Sec. 2104. Authorization of appropriations, Army.

Sec. 2105. Modification of authority to carry out certain fiscal year 2009 project.

Sec. 2106. Modification of authority to carry out certain fiscal year 2011 projects.

Sec. 2107. Additional authority to carry out certain fiscal year 2012 project using prior-year unobligated Army military construction funds.

Sec. 2108. Extension of authorizations of certain fiscal year 2008 projects.

Sec. 2109. Extension of authorizations of certain fiscal year 2009 projects.

Sec. 2110. Technical amendments to correct certain project specifications.

TITLE XXII--NAVY MILITARY CONSTRUCTION

Sec. 2201. Authorized Navy construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2202. Family housing.

Sec. 2203. Improvements to military family housing units.

Sec. 2204. Authorization of appropriations, Navy.

Sec. 2205. Extension of authorization of certain fiscal year 2008 project.

Sec. 2206. Extension of authorizations of certain fiscal year 2009 projects.

TITLE XXIII--AIR FORCE MILITARY CONSTRUCTION

Sec. 2301. Authorized Air Force construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2302. Family housing.

Sec. 2303. Improvements to military family housing units.

Sec. 2304. Authorization of appropriations, Air Force.

Sec. 2305. Modification of authorization to carry out certain fiscal year 2010 project.

Sec. 2306. Extension of authorization of certain fiscal year 2009 project.

TITLE XXIV--DEFENSE AGENCIES MILITARY CONSTRUCTION

Subtitle A--Defense Agency Authorizations

Sec. 2401. Authorized defense agencies construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2402. Energy conservation projects.

Sec. 2403. Authorization of appropriations, defense agencies.

Subtitle B--Chemical Demilitarization Authorizations

Sec. 2411. Authorization of appropriations, chemical demilitarization construction, defense-wide.

TITLE XXV--NORTH ATLANTIC TREATY ORGANIZATION SECURITY INVESTMENT PROGRAM

Sec. 2501. Authorized NATO construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2502. Authorization of appropriations, NATO.

TITLE XXVI--GUARD RESERVE FORCES FACILITIES

Sec. 2601. Authorized Army National Guard construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2602. Authorized Army Reserve construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2603. Authorized Navy Reserve and Marine Corps Reserve construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2604. Authorized Air National Guard construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2605. Authorized Air Force Reserve construction and land acquisition projects.

Sec. 2606. Authorization of appropriations, National Guard and Reserve.

Sec. 2607. Extension of authorization of certain fiscal year 2008 project.

Sec. 2608. Extension of authorizations of certain fiscal year 2009 projects.

TITLE XXVII--BASE REALIGNMENT AND CLOSURE ACTIVITIES

Sec. 2701. Authorization of appropriations for base realignment and closure activities funded through Department of Defense Base Closure Account 1990.

Sec. 2702. Authorized base realignment and closure activities funded through Department of Defense Base Closure Account 2005.

Sec. 2703. Authorization of appropriations for base realignment and closure activities funded through Department of Defense Base Closure Account 2005.

DIVISION A--DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE AUTHORIZATION

TITLE I--PROCUREMENT

Subtitle A--Authorization of Appropriations

so i ask where is 1034?????
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: added link

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
It's the beginning of hte end. OUr country will continue to bleed money and we will continue to pump up our military as we're projecting our failures onto enemies abroad. Soon the rest of the world will lose trust in us. Russia will react by by becoming more aggressive. Either way, with climate change and population issues, the future is looking very messy from where I'm standing. I don't think it'll be near as bad as I fear, but it won't be too far off from the truth.

The world is moving towards a world government but it will require some time to form. There need to be more wars and cultural revolutions first. Borders need to come down. More equality is desired so that poor nations can stand on their own. So much. No telling 50 years or 500.
edit on 16-5-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
so this is what 1034 says

The specific language in the bill is found in section 1034 of H.R. 1540, which affirms that the U.S. is “engaged in an armed conflict with al Qaeda, the Taliban and associated forces.” It also affirms that the president has the authority to detain “certain belligerents” until the armed conflict is over.
so again i ask where is it????? did 1034 just get tossed?? is it with 1035-1390??
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
To me we are already in WW3 and we have been in this war for nearly 10 years....Nostradamus in one of his quatrains said this war would last 27 years.......many of his predictions have come true.....

The quatrain is No. 77, Century No. 8. the quatrain says:

"The antichrist very soon annihilates the three,
twenty-seven years his war will last,
the unbelievers are dead, captive, exiled;
with blood, human bodies, water and red hail covering the earth."

edit on 16-5-2011 by caladonea because: correct sentence add more information

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

the war we are in began in 1993 with the fist bombing of WTC, but if you read the full text of it Century VIII quatrain77, it could be the start date of may 2 2011 when OBL was killed line 4 tells how he is to be buried, at sea and he was, so then the war has begun a new war that will last 27 years 2038 is when it comes to a head, did not mean to get off topic,
but then again where is section 1034???? did they just pull it from the bill??? did they not include it in the first place???? if so should this not be in the you know what bin???

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Apparently section 1034 is no longer, or never was, in the bill currently going through Congress.

H.R. 1540

I think we've just been punked.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
so this is what 1034 says

so again i ask where is it????? did 1034 just get tossed?? is it with 1035-1390??
edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: text correction

edit on 16-5-2011 by bekod because: word corection

You know what makes it so hard for me to believe anyways? The words "certain belligerents." The term belligerents is used by a neutral nation when other nations are at war.
edit on 16-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LaTouffe
- Few days ago, we learned that police would enter in you home and you cannot resist.
- Now we cannot oppose to the government because president can wage war on his own citizens.

AND WE ARE LIVING IN DEMOCRACY ???

YES! Last time I checked we can still vote the belligerents out of office right? Then we can repeal and replace this non existent section 1034. I wonder if CIA-16 (code name Oahu) had anything to do with this?
edit on 16-5-2011 by LosLobos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by alexhiggins732

This isnt breaking news. The Patriot Act circumvents the Constitution. Perpetual wars? We are in three unconstitutional wars as we speak,and we havnt declared war on ANYONE since WW2,but have been in countless wars. I goggled "Congress Will Vote To Declare World War 3",and you are spreading this on countless sites. "A" for effort,but none of this is breaking news,IMHO. When you talk WW3,your talking the WHOLE "world" involved. I havnt heard of ANY other nation, backing this,or getting involved in this.

Well China, Russia, Libya, Syria, Cuba, North Korea, Venezuela are all pretty much unhappy with us and im sure there are others too. Here we have our government saying we can declare war on terrorists and anyone who helps them ( a profile for which there is zero legislation stating their rights, as opposed to POW's and the geneva convention) while it is pretty public knowledge (at least ATS wide) that China had heavy ties to Libya and Russia in Syria likewise. So, these other countries are opposing us to a certain degree. Shoot, even Russia's prime minister called out Nato asking who gave them the right to kill Gaddafi. Now weather or not they did is another discussion, point is he publicly made a statement on Russian news that will alter the perceptions of the russian people against the ideologies of America. Not to mention Russia and china both warned the west to stay out of the libya no fly zone issue.

Its not far of a stretch, considering these events, to spectate on the idea that sides are already being picked for a huge multi nation war. The "WHOLE world" doesnt need to get involved, in previous W.W.'s there were a handful of neutral countries, we were one of them for a period of time.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

The source seems unreliable to me so therefor I will not be taking this seriously until I have REAL proof. alexhiggins.net or whatever is just a guy in his 20's where's he get the info. sounds like some hoakum to me and no one should take this seriously

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Shouldn't the title be something like, Congress votes or proposes to grant full war declaration powers to the President? The title is a bit mis-leading and speculative on your part Op.

Point made however, they should not change that part of the constitution imo. That particular part was written in specifically so that the people of each state would have a say in whether our country goes to war or not. IE Your say wont matter.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401

The source seems unreliable to me so therefor I will not be taking this seriously until I have REAL proof. alexhiggins.net or whatever is just a guy in his 20's where's he get the info. sounds like some hoakum to me and no one should take this seriously

Yeah, i thought that at first too, but I read the blog and he links directly from the legislation and provides opinions from credible sources that have also been linked in this thread.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by derst1988

Either way it's not going to happen. Fighting with no end against people who fund us will not last long because we need china and many other countries just to keep us on our feet, which we barely are as it is.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephalim

Agreed. This is for future actions, not current. Plus, will never pass. Lame Duck congress will almost insure that this is shot down.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeremiah8401
reply to post by derst1988

Either way it's not going to happen. Fighting with no end against people who fund us will not last long because we need china and many other countries just to keep us on our feet, which we barely are as it is.

I am glad you are so sure, I however am not. I know people who have bit the hand that feeds whilst finding a new hand to beg at. This happens in society because of people, I dont find it too impossible for the people running our governments to do the same. If it doesn't happen, id be glad to be wrong.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Is this real or some freaking psy op?

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The majority of people walk around in a mindless daze, worrying about the newest 'celeb' gossip. We become divided as a race and subject ourselves to influence by a corrupt and immoral society so we may 'fit in'. Divisions in humanity, divisions in the social structure, division even in a childhood playground. The powers that be have very clear motives, and they clearly are motivated to end you. The more and more the illusion becomes transparent, the harder some begin to turn the other cheek. Life is so good in that fake bubble, everything is just peachy. Why bother facing the reality of the world?

The days go by, whatever freedom each of us have is corroded away by pens and paper. Freedoms that are taken from us by our 'elected' officials, that so dearly hate us. The days go by, but everyone is idle. The days go by, and the seven-headed beast opens its mouth to devour us all, while we willingly become enslaved. The powers that be were waiting for this. They were waiting for the day you were too stupid, too lazy, too ignorant to defend yourself.

Perpetual war leads to perpetual death. Death leads to hatred, resentment, which turns to revenge. Revenge turns to war, war turns to death. Will you just watch it happen, without resistance?

The days are still going by, but they are numbered now. Once the countdown is reached, you'll have to make the inevitable choice. Will you become the fuel the war-machine needs to perpetuate itself, or will you stand against it?

SPREAD THE NEWS EVERYONE! Alert your family, your friends, your neighbors, that person that's working at the grocery store, whoever you can tell!

It's not too late. It's never too late. As horrible as this is, as horrible as the lie of this 'Democracy' is, we can still do it. We can still build a world of peace, we can still fill the air with love instead of radioactive poisons.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

Best of luck to you all getting the word out, this should be the headline thread on ATS. This should be the headline on every website.
edit on 16-5-2011 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-5-2011 by TheDarkestHour because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

THe world, for awhile now, has been marginalizing the United States. Not only do we revere uneducated fools (Palin, Bachman, etc)., we are dangerous. The world can not permit the United States to survive. Our end was written by them right after we elected W. Bush.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

THe world, for awhile now, has been marginalizing the United States. Not only do we revere uneducated fools (Palin, Bachman, etc)., we are dangerous. The world can not permit the United States to survive. Our end was written by them right after we elected W. Bush.

The way i see it, we have a lot of enemies. Or at least countries who seem to oppose our propaganda, or public media. You are correct we are very dangerous, and we idolize people whose ideas are not worth idolization, I mean our society has made Mike "The Situation" richer than many educated people of importance.

So we are now collateral and controllable for use as threats towards another country. "My people will back me in invading your country, so take my advise and give me what I want." - Some Future President, speaking to some other world leader, hypothetically. lol.Greaaaatttt

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
For those that just can't seem to find it it is at

Page 134. Section 1034

armedservices.house.gov...

and it is worded so that it allows a sitting president to have full control of the military to do as the president wishes in accordance to this ( without having to seek consent from congress ).

www.gpo.gov...

BTW there is a whole lot of goodies in that bill. A hint towards where we are going to end up in regards to China so gear up for that. Also, moving from Afghanistan to Libya so get ready for that too.

And for those that say it wont pass, I'm laughing at you, it is the Defense Bill it is passed every year. Blindly at that. And yes read carefully there's lots of good verbiage to allow any and anyone to be detained indefinitely without due process. Hate to say I read it all but, I did.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join