It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth is a lot older than 6000-10,000 years, get over it!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Earth is 4.5 billion years old? Obvious conspiracy. Who believes it and also believes Elenin is a brown star/plenty X/Nibiru? Because if thousands of astronomers can cover up Elenin then surely thousands of scientists can cover up the true age of the Earth? And Chemtrails, and HAARP. I mean if you believe anything then surely you should believe the true age of the Earth is being covered up in a conspiracy.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
The 1st post of these threads always warms my heart, then I start reading some of the replies and want to go kill myself with fire.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

i believe the universe as always been and always will be thats no begining and no end

edit on 16-5-2011 by philware because: my spelling is xxxx sorry

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by russ1969

You are correct. Christians believe that mankind is only about 5000 years old or 6000 years.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jim Scott
The Earth is 4.5 billion years old, scientifically proven fact. It was made that way about 6,000 years ago by an all-powerful God who can do whatever He wants. I don't see a conflict here, do you? Don't you believe God is all-powerful? Don't you believe in God?

A large segment of our society in the US believes in a young Earth. en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 5/16/2011 by Jim Scott because: Facts.

6,000 years ago, God created a 4.5 billion year old earth? So he planted the dinosaur bones there as well? What about the other species of man before homo sapiens? I guess he just threw those around to test your blind faith? I see a huge conflict here. Ugh, you spend your whole -very short- life here on this magnificent planet wasting it away trying to prepare for when you're gone.....You're missing the whole experience....I hope you're not disappointed in the end....

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
As Terrance Mckenna one said, "Culture is your Operating system"

People that believe god created earth is running creationism 5.0

People that believe he did not and the age of the universe is whatever science tells us run Science 3.1

In creationism thinks like ghosts, spirits, god can leak through into your reality.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
believing that the Earth is only a few thousand years old has nothing to do with faith. The Earth is far older. How old does not really matter, but it obviously older than a several thousand.

What started out as interesting thread is now a troll thread. STOP feeding the troll. Id ignore any and all comments made from the troll.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by russ1969

I live in Malta. We have buildings here that are older than humanity if that is the case. Numerous museums around the world have artifacts that are far older.

And I know that there are many varieties of creationist dating. There are old Earth, young Earth, old Earth/young Humanity, day-age, etc. I'm really just addressing the people who buy into the 6-10,000 year old Earth thing.

Really? Well the same can be said about you...about buying into the whole earth is billions of years old BS.
Your no different than the peeps who think and still think they can prove the earth is no old than 8,000 years old.

Its all based on faith and will never change.
Oh and it wasn't an insult...it was a statement. If you would have paid attention in English class you wouldn't be having this problem.

edit on 15-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

You are confusing faith with fact. Science is provable, and is not 'faith'.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Fact. Carbon dating is flawed, and scientist have manipulated test results to get the answers they desire. So in my opinion, its more of a leap in faith to believe that the world just happened, then opposed to it just being created.

www.angelfire.com...

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

This is a moot point since C14 dating methods aren't used to determine the age of the Earth. The radiometric dating methods used to give the age of the Earth are accurate to ~1%.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Agreed!

[Quran 50.38] We [Allah] created the heavens and the Earth and all what's between them in six days, and We were not touched by fatigue.
[Quran 41.9] Say: "Is it that you deny Him [Allah] who created the Earth in two days? And you claim others to be equal to Him? He is the Lord of (all) the Worlds."

2 days divided by 6 days = 2/6 = 1/3 = 0,33.

So, according to the Qur'an, the time God spent on creating the Earth subject to the time God spent to create the Universe is 0,33 = 33 %.

What does MODERN science tell us? Something that was discovered just yet?

Age of the Earth: 4,54 ± 1 % billion years.
Age of the Universe: 13,75 ± 0,11 billion years.

Let me do the math for you:

4,54 billion years divided by 13,75 billion years = 0,33 = 1/3 = 33 %.

Source

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Wow.. is this really an argument on ATS?

Oh you know.. now that I think about it.. there was this one guy would who made a thread talking about the trees aren't even 10'000 years old so Earth can't be or something crazy like that..

Anyone who questions the age of Earth should Google "Superposition" It's very informative on this topic.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The Earth is approximately 4.57 billion years old (1% margin of error there).
Citation 1
Citation 2
Citation 3

To say that the Earth is 6000 years old is just plain wrong. It's not even close. It's 0.000131291028% of the Earth's actual age. The scale of wrongness is just so staggering that I can't think of an appropriate way to construct an analogy. I mean, the margin of error on the measurement of the Earth's age is actually larger than the age proposed by some people.

Now, there is actual science out there that proves that the Earth is 4.57 billion years old (1% margin of error), where is the science that proves that the Earth is 6000-10,000 years old/

You can thank the 17th century Irish bishop James Ussher for the 6000 year time frame.

The aboriginals of many lands around the world have histories spanning tens of thousands of years. Why follow the time frame based on a bunch of people who got lost in a desert for 40 years?
Geez we're in the year 2011.. get with the programme kids, you don't need to follow in the footsteps a bunch of desert nomads or wear the blinkers of our parents hand me down religious ideas. Develop some ideas of your own, throw the nappies away and train yourself out of the crap.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

History is so full of lies it would make your head spin. Especially the time loops the reptilian technology put us in every 8 years. We would go threw an 8 year cycle like in the movie groundhog day. Its my understanding that life itself is only a couple thousand years old and its very very new as well as creation. The time loops were stopped when the master alpha reptilians were taken out in 2009, by who you might ask? Our Creator Atom.
Nomore time loops is why we are seeing events happen so fast, nomore rewinds as we sleep. Another thing when you look up into the sky at night, vast distances of stars galaxies and light, well its all a freaking show. Its like this: Imagine your out for an evening and you go to the omni theater to sit in bean bags and gaze at the ceiling to see a laser show. Its exactly what your seeing when you look up into the night sky a show, an illusion. Space is teaming with life and when the nets (matrix) breakdown, we will see our true universe.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

The Earth is approximately 4.57 billion years old (1% margin of error there).
Citation 1
Citation 2
Citation 3

To say that the Earth is 6000 years old is just plain wrong. It's not even close. It's 0.000131291028% of the Earth's actual age. The scale of wrongness is just so staggering that I can't think of an appropriate way to construct an analogy. I mean, the margin of error on the measurement of the Earth's age is actually larger than the age proposed by some people.

Now, there is actual science out there that proves that the Earth is 4.57 billion years old (1% margin of error), where is the science that proves that the Earth is 6000-10,000 years old/

I am sorry to inform you that when you or I start with a presupposition and look for evidence to fit or need we will find only what we are looking for and turn a blind eye to what is truth.

This is what happens when ever men try to discern the age of the earth through their so called wisdom.

Yet the biggest evidence for creation is fossils; which are formed by rapid burial, like a world wide flood. In which this evidence fits much better into a flood then any geological column.

For if the flood happened which it did they the earth can not be billions of years old.

The oldest tree happens to be around 4500 years putting it at the flood.

The world war II bombed the great coral reef, after the war tax payers funded people to study it and they were able to determine the growth rate. They determined it to be around 4500 years old.

The Sahara grows at a rate that puts it around 4500 years.

The water from the Colorado had to flow up hill for millions of years to cut the canyon.

Though you believe you can not prove with faulty science and if you do not do the experiments yourself you are speaking from faith in a belief that God does not exist.

Your religion as is mine is based upon the words of others Mine is man Inspired by God,

Yours is man inspired by his own desire to be a god.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
christians never went to the museums.
one christian told me this before "dinosaurs' fossils are man-made"
i questioned her "so humans made them and put them there just to be re-dug?"
her answer "yes"

this just shows how stupid she is

@madnessinmysoul,

i know you want to keep saying people aren't stupid, but they are wrong

the stupid part about it is that they don't want to learn which is why we call them stupid
they have been given education and this advanced time yet they dismiss it.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
Agreed.

Even trying to figure out the thoughts of the religious zealots, 6000 years doesn't make sense.

We measure our time by Earth sciences, and space orbits, and isn't the Almighty (**choose appropriate God**) supposed to be all encompassing, outside and inside of time and space? Omnipresent...

His/her/its time concepts would be outside of our realms.

Who knows, a day of the creator (if any) might aswell represent the time it takes for our solar system to go full circle around our galactic centre, then it might actually fit

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by johngrissom

Originally posted by iksose7
I 100% agree with you. Try telling main-stream scientists that though. They will chase you into the hills...

Are you sure about that? Most scientist believe that it is older than 8,000 years old BECAUSE most scientist believe in the evolution THEORY or the big bang THEORY.
edit on 15-5-2011 by johngrissom because: (no reason given)

And where do you have anything other then THEORY to prove otherwise?

Science and religion is both just theory until proven fact or false. But to believe the earth is just around for a few thousand years because of a book that's been re-written and translated over and over...

please get a grip.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
You are correct. Christians believe that mankind is only about 5000 years old or 6000 years.

No, that's incorrect. SOME Christians believe that, but there are many, many other Christian viewpoints as well.

I don't subscribe to the "young earth" concept and have actually never spoken to a Christian who did (or admitted to it anyway). Unbelievers try to dismiss all of Christianity by applying certain beliefs to all Christians that they think are incompatible with science, but a lot of those broad-brush statements are actually misconceptions about Christianity. Unbelievers also like to make statements like "the Bible says the earth is 5000 years old, clearly that's not true" when in fact the Bible says no such thing, it's people's INTERPRETATIONS that make claims like that, and interpretations can be wrong.
edit on 16-5-2011 by SavedOne because: Formatting

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ACTS 2:38

rapid burial? are you saying that the fossils are somehow perfectly form to make a bunch of these dinosaurs?

the oldest tree 4500 years? nope

One of the world's oldest clonal trees is the Old Tjikko, a Norway Spruce, found on Fulu Mountain in Dalarna, Sweden. According to scientists at Umeå University, the tree is 9550 years old and took root at the end of the last ice age

and remember trees don't last forever, they plant other seeds and grow new ones
just like humans, people die but they have kids

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join