It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings. I bear a important message for you all.

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wdkirk
This is an invalid argument because the poster is not speaking to anyone who does not have the internet.

The mind is always at war - the mind is conflict. It is always against some thing. The mind does not see what is - it imagines some thing other. If there was just seeing without imagining something other - there would be harmony.
What is gets divided by the mind. This is what is but the mind can do nothing with this so splits this into before and after. The mind can do so much with before and after but before and after does not actually ever exist.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
This is an invalid argument because the poster is not speaking to anyone who does not have the internet.

The mind is always at war - the mind is conflict. It is always against some thing. The mind does not see what is - it imagines some thing other. If there was just seeing without imagining something other - there would be harmony.
What is gets divided by the mind. This is what is but the mind can do nothing with this so splits this into before and after. The mind can do so much with before and after but before and after does not actually ever exist.

What about blind people? what does their mind "see" and process? how does their mind war on itself? what frame of reference is it using to conduct past and present evaluations?

The unconscious mind controls you. It calls on the conscious mind to process data to give responses. The unconscious mind controls and maintains all perception of which most was formulated in the first few years of your life. It maintains instincts and habits.....and the list goes on and on.

The mind is not at war. It very much lives and absorbs the present...second by second. It is a computer. It makes decisions. It constantly seeks more and more. It does create routines based on past experience to automate decision making in the present. As the future comes at you second by second the mind does interpret and react based on past experience but you have to be in the present travelling forward in time (as you cannot go backwards in time) in order to make decisions that decide future events. That's not a split or and imagined existence. that is your mind working with what it knows to interpret the future based on what is happening now. That is the definition of a harmonized process....and it happens with the precision of a mega-computer....second by second.

Metaphysics of the mind is at best a 2 hour college credit course.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I'm sorry that's just what i believe.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Are you blind? Is there anyone who does not have internet access reading this? See how the mind brings in things that are not here - can you see how the mind confuses matters by imagining stuff that is not present?

Sitting quietly in peace and a voice says 'what if I lose my job?' - see how the peace is disturbed by 'what is not happening' - the mind imagines all sorts of things.
There is only ever what is happening and it does not seem enough - see how 'it is not enough' (the sense of lack) will never leave until 'what is happening' is found to be all there is.
The future is not happening, the past is not happening - only this is ever happening - but it will never be enough for the seeking mind. There can be no peace for that which believes in more.

edit on 30-1-2016 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

Well I want to pay my bills.

I remember distinctly what it was like to be poor. I remember going to this fast food place with friends. I didn't have 1 cent to my name. And for some reason I didn't want to ask them for help. So I didn't order anything, and watched them eat. I wanted to eat, I was very hungry too. But I couldn't afford it. That's just one of a million situations in which life was hard or humiliating. Even where I'm living now is far from ideal. Why? Because at the moment I don't have the money to move to a more idea place.

Ya I too went through that whole hippy phase of saving the planet and stuff. I realized one key thing doing that. Please are evil, they're not worth helping, this is a dog eat dog world. If you help someone you buy them lunch that's it. And I realized that money is critically important. It's right up there with oxygen. Run out of it and you're in big trouble.

But ya being poor is hard. Its not impossible, but it's not great either. Its uncomfortable in so many ways.

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

kinda interesting video.
edit on 30-1-2016 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well said, I have been pondering this myself lately. I am one of those who have spent untold hours researching, and reading articles etc. Recently, after many years of this I have began to ask myself "what good is this really doing"? What good is all of this supposed knowledge I have, if the time required to learn it takes me away from doing things in the present? When the people I encounter daily don't give two plucks about any of it? I think spending too much time on sites like ats is a trap of sorts. Yes, learning about what's going on is good, but arguing about it online and doing nothing in the real world gets us where exactly? i think we should start like a modern agora type deal
or was the agora a market place? Can't remember at the moment.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
It is good to hear of thinking of people as empty light bulbs rather than sheep. i agree that studying everything leads to an even more and more awake state until suddenly so many pieces of the puzzle are revealed, a bigger picture is suddenly revealed.

But an unlit lightbulb implies a need to be lit. Also, the war on our minds implies a need for peace. Is nature at war with itself? The animals compete and eat each other, but is this harmful to the planet and nature as a whole? Or is it the prerequisite for intelligence to emerge?

Born with a mask we cannot take off, on a stage we never made, but we are convinced if we don't alter the script the ending wont be good.

Even among awakened individuals there is conflict on which one of these ideas is the most right, be it sparking the lightbulbs into something great, or seeing that all is as it should be, or other common awakened ideals i see emerging.

Take a step back and look at them all existing in this world together, connected like physical matter, influencing one another like fields. They are all of profound importance as they shape the pattern of our awareness for the next stage of life.

Keep on researching and challenging others to do the same! Most of all keep up the good dialogue!!

posted on Apr, 28 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: b3l13v3

Nice thread!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join