It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Greetings. I bear a important message for you all.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have had a few deja vu experiences lately and they amused me.
I took them as confirmation that my efforts to dispel my negative thinking episodes were working.
I am empathic and haven't learnt to cope with the negativity and physical pain I receive from the people who are themselves experiencing such.
I am reclusive. That's how I cope. I need isolation whilst I work on myself.

I hope eventually that I can rejoin society, but meanwhile I don't consider that I am missing out on living.
I have had 68 years of living and need time to consider the 'why' my life has been as it has.

I am enjoying this thread immensely.

Just noticed that every sentance begins with 'I' - need to try to get rid of ego - I nearly added 'don't I', but then I don't need affirmation from any of you.

PS just realised that each deja vu experience I had ,corresponded with disappearance of some person/situation that was annoying me - perhaps it was a shift into a better parallel existance
edit on 16-5-2011 by margaretr because: to insert PS

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CelestialSon
What I have never understood with these ideas (not that I don't believe it) is if we are all sculptors of our own reality, is our reality not the same as everyone else's therefore we change theirs as well. Or do all of you subscribe to the infinite realities theory (that every possible outcome of every situation in the world happens in separate realities)?

I think its a matter of Purpose and Random - we can define our purpose with the knowledge that other people also have purpose and thats what creates our random - Stephen King explained it better in "Insomnia" - but it disproves "the secret" - visualizing something will work but only to some degree because although we can influence others, we can't control them completely - there still has to be balance - Just my opinion

and I did have something to say to Terry but that was 4 pages ago and now I forget

it was agreement I think

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Refeshing post. Nice break from the distraction called conspiracy. I like to "think" I'm awakened but at some level I'm sure that "thinking" I am proves I am not.

We all look for a break from this reality, its only natural. We build up a world/reality that frustrates us and dont take resposibility for it. Instead we look to blame the PTB, the devil and whoevere else we can conjur up to take the blame. Naturally we want to seperate from it and go somewhere that it is "nicer".

I hear about and know of people that reach that Eckhart Tolle point where they conquer fear/death. They contend that the "nicer" place is right here. To escape we only have to look inside. Thats where I get lost. I have difficulty clearing my thoughts/ego and experiencing the bliss they describe. I like to think I understand what they describe but when I think about it I hit a wall. My understanding is that it is beyond words so I guess I'm not supposed to think about it. Just experience it.

Seriously, if there was a training course or retreat that could teach this stuff I'd go in a heartbeat.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

I shuddered when you said 'Stephen King'. I was once a fan and have read most of his books,
I have realised that their purpose is to invoke fear in you, and condition you to enjoy it.
Getting rid of fear in your life is a major hurdle to overcome.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by margaretr
reply to post by Forevever

I shuddered when you said 'Stephen King'. I was once a fan and have read most of his books,
I have realised that their purpose is to invoke fear in you, and condition you to enjoy it.
Getting rid of fear in your life is a major hurdle to overcome.

If its any consolation to you, that was the last book I read, when it was first released - so we're looking at what? 15 years or so?

:::insert your favorite elevator music here while I google that:::

1994 it was released and I bought it in hard cover so it wasn't long after - then I got internet... couldn't read a book now if my life depended on it - I suffer from technologically induced ADD

in other words, pretty much everything I've read since then has been on the internet

can't say SK ever scared me though - but I started reading his books when I was real young so I think I'm just jaded - very rarely do books or movies scare me - and usually only something really psychological that COULD happen - I think the scariest movie I ever saw was "The Curse" 1987 (www.imdb.com...) which at the time all I saw was something got into the water and started rotting crops and people from the inside out - to me thats freakin scary (it got even scarier as I got older and started understanding some of the religious undertones)

we're talking entirely fiction here - reality scares me on a daily basis - thats the kind of fear we need to overcome

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I've had a recent experience that I'm trying to figure out. This far my suspicion is that what we percieve as our mind as a single entity is infact shared by our being in parallell existences, but we have the goggles on and can only percive any one existence at a time. So, our minds might exist on parallell planes of existences, but our consioussness in every respective existence may only percieve any given existence. Ya follow?
The experience I had was connecting to a very likely but different place and situation than I currently reside in. I'm toying with the idea that I actually managed to open some kind of portal between parallell worlds. When I entered this other consiousness within my mind and experienced what was going on in the parallell world, every time, it made surrounding people ask things like "what's wrong with him", "hey, are you ok?" etc. The harder I clinged on and really worked towards penetrating into this other realm, the stronger I sensed confusion in my "host" and people around the "host". This made me think, suppose this other consioussness suddenly experienced a weird flash of being somewhere else, seeing my existence through the portal I'd opened. Probably rather confusing, perhaps something along the lines of a strong deja vu.
What I'm figuring is maybe it's not about bending rules or creating reality, maybe it's about being able merge consciousnesses in parallell existences into one and then being able to freely shift which of the paths to put focus on, and/or gather knowledge from one and implement into another and so on until our being in every parallell world becomes complete with all knowledge and experience one could've ever had regardless of the happenings in THIS particular universe.
It's massively difficult and my techniques used for theese explorations are dependant of things that render experimentation possible on occassional basis only... which I won't go into detail on here.
edit on 16-5-2011 by Deranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Just remember that as long as you can steer clear of grandiose feelings you will be able to center in and define, create and employ yourself into the work of individuality. Help as many as you can but first you must hack into your own brain, and search through and continue learning more about yourself.

Wow, OP. For a brand-spanking-new user, you seem to know a lot about how to use this site, and how to stir things up. Your post, at first, caught my attention.
I got to page 11 before I started having second thoughts.

First of all, you claim to have this esoteric lid-blowing thing ready to patent, but.....you can't explain it?

What are you waiting for? Why you, why now? What have you been smoking?

Not to be disrespectful, but back in my college days 100 years ago, I once wrote a "deep life profound revelation" thesis while I was inebriated and had an altered state of mind. I got an F. When I wrote it I felt brilliant, articulate, enlightened (and yes, I have enjoyed the Tao state of enlightment from time to time in my life),

and as I got older I became aware that I was only just beginning to learn about mysticism, gnosticism, Zen, and world philosophies in general.
Where you initally come off as having a wonderful gift to offer, then you dance around with random "i can't explain it"s, and "don't know how"s, but yet you are The One, Neo??

What, have you just now discovered the Matrix, and read Alan Watts and then Quantum Jumping?

Sorry, I have never on this site challenged anyone before, but....it seems to me that you are WAYYyyyy too savvy to the expectations of the readers of this site, and also how it works mechanically, to be brand new. I suspect, and certainly never expect you to admit, that you are a veteran member who left for some reason or is now incognito and back to reach the more recent "enrollees".

Your words seem inspirational on the surface, but I got to page 11 of your thread and finally said,

Wait. What? Who are you? Why are you suddenly here with the philosophical truth that you seem to have distilled from pop culture, sci-fi, paranormal, mystical, ancient occult not-very-new stuff? And how do you know so suddenly how to put multiple reply-to lines in one thread? And what sort of pompous introduction was that?

Sorry, but you'll need to be a bit more succinct and not sound so "fractured" before you have my vote. And a little more humble, there are people on this site who really do study and think and aren't going to buy into some random new guy's spiritual evangelism without him first building some credibility and a history of intelligent, open-minded discussion of these very subjective things.

Wow. No offense intended, just, wow. You seem excessively impressed with yourself and your exquisite knowledge. Must be nice to feel so advanced and so powerful that you have the big answer. Nice to meet you.

Cheers!!
edit on 16-5-2011 by wildtimes because: change "to" to the correct "too"

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

There are workshops and trainings. It's Zen. The Tao. Buddhism.

"Enlightenment" is the name of the nothing-ness/reality thing that you are looking for. It's really hard for Western thinkers to understand, but if you start to study it, you'll find lots of sources.

If you like, start with Allan Watts (who was my intro). But be ready to stretch way outside your usual way of thinking. It's a process, and quite stimulating.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I am sorry to say this OP but I think you need to stop watching so many movies. I understand that you are merely using The Matrix as an analogy of what you are trying to say but it just reads like a carbon copy of the theories / ideas expressed by the movies. Even your later posts appear to be taken from The Matrix - I would like to point out that while the ideas are certainly intriguing they are not based on any facts and remain fiction.

I understand that these ideas are your own feelings and I do not mean to mock, belittle or criticize them as a direct attack on you however, while your thoughts are "nice" and I suppose "comforting" to some I think they are nothing more than idealistic dreams.

Of course there are real conspiracies, these things do exist (to make use of the movie you used "There IS a spoon"), to deny these things is to give them more power. As an example: I currently work in a corporate where certain decisions are made to achieve a desired end result - this greater picture is not make "public" and a different picture is conceived and provided which the majority believe. However there always remains a small few who do not buy into the false picture and through a lack of facts these few conceive of many conspiracy theories to try and explain the reasons - in some cases they are pretty darn close to the truth. The reason why the original picture is not always disclosed in full is in most part due to there being gains for the "elite" and losses for Joe Soap. This is reality and the same exists on a larger scale throughout the world.

Of course TPB want to control your mind, as through controlling your mind they can tell you what products you want and then sell these to you. They do not want your soul for any magical or make believe reasons, they simply want to make more money for themselves - and let me tell you, we want that too. If the human race did not want what they, TPB, want then their system would fail, they simply understand human nature and understand how to exploit this.

In fact you are playing a very similar game here - you are essentially telling people that they possess some kind of supernatural ability to understand and see things clearly, that they are somehow more special than what they currently think or believe. This is precisely the type of thing people love to hear, so they give credence to what you are saying because more than actually believing, they want to believe it. Why? Because it makes them feel special

This is the great psychology of the human race - our perceptions create our realities, if you know how to alter anothers perceptions to understand your reality then you can effectively control them (for a time) as they now exist in your reality where you are ruler.

Perhaps this is what you are wanting people to wake up from? To create their own realities rather than exist in someone else's?

You mentioned somewhere that you believe the EGO to be a negative thing but I say to you, this is not so - in fact my personal beliefs are that EGO is essential to a healthy self and to a healthy world. Everything in life is done for the self, the EGO - dispute it if you like but the very fact that we do "good" things for people is because these good things make the self feel good - this is the motivation. If we all loved ourselves completely then we would not have any negative perceptions of ourselves and there would be only love. It starts within and this would be projected outwards into our actions. We would achieve a state of nirvana or heaven or whatever other term you choose to use.

I must just say that I do not believe this can ever and should ever be achieved - why you might ask?
Well how boring this life would be though? How utterly dull and empty? Can you imagine how dreary life would be where you knew no pain? If there were no lessons to be learned? If there was no make up sex (so to speak)? We have heroes because we have villain's! Progress is made overcoming obstacles, remove these completely and progress ceases - evolution ends and everything we know grinds to a halt and is forgotten.

If we, the human race, wanted the end of all wars and suffering we would simply end it. It is really that simple but we choose not to. Life is perfect in my opinion, and is exactly how it should be.

Life = Experiences - this is the greater meaning.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

PS just realised that each deja vu experience I had ,corresponded with disappearance of some person/situation that was annoying me - perhaps it was a shift into a better parallel existance
edit on 16-5-2011 by margaretr because: to insert PS

Just read this after posting, feel free to express thoughts on my speculations.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

You Don't Know, What You Don't Know

Why do you think that they are called the Illuminati or Illuminated Ones ?

Because they keep the rest of humanity in the Dark.

Read Proofs of a Conspiracy, By Robeson....first published in 1798.

Which describes the formation of the Illuminati movement which lead to the French Revolution and more importantly the Rothschild takeover of the Central Bank of France.....
And as to why our Federal Reserve Bank is privately owned today.

First Published in 1798 !

You will never hear or see this book, or let alone it's contents on the main stream media, because it isn't supporting what we are being told in which to believe and which subsequently defines our reality.

This entire concept of dissent ion towards "Conspiracy Theorists" is in itself a conspiracy.
Perpetuated by those responsible for the crimes of which the conspiracies are based upon, themselves.

For What is a conspiracy theorist, but in essence, a free thinker.

So now Free Thinking is a crime, and frowned upon ?

Where does it say in the 10 Commandments or in the Bill of Rights that ....

Thou Shalt Not Think ?

That in itself is the true conspiracy .... the demonization of thinking outside the box.

For we are to believe only what we are told in which to believe.

Here's an example of being told in what to believe.

We are told to believe that these are merely transformers exploding....now carry on and don't ask questions.

But as for myself, I ask , Where are the resulting power outages in the surrounding areas ?

Coincidentally This also happens to be at Dallas Ft. Worth airport in which a top secret Nasa Propulsion System Research Facility Laboratory exists. Propulsion systems using extraterrestrial technology used on the TR3B the black triangle craft seen world wide.

Remember: Don't Think, but only do as you are Told to !

edit on 16-5-2011 by nh_ee because: typos and edits

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

The Celestine Prophecy was an eye opener for sure. I tried getting into some of Echart Tolle's books, but I find he's a bit of a bore.. NO OFFENSE intended to anyone. That The Bleep Do We Know is a good one as well as Zeitgeist and The Secret. H.P. Blavatsky's The Secret Doctrine is also very interesting.

The material is great, it helps understanding... but I'm at a loss of how to apply it. I think my light-bulb came with a dimmer switch.

Friend added
Thanks

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

There once was a brand-new light bulb. This light bulb was amazed at all the things he could see and how clearly he could see them. He spent his time revelling in the delights of brilliance. He especially enjoyed the way dark corners would be illuminated anytime he was close by.

Soon, however, a shadow loomed over his perfect little universe: from time to time, he would notice a forlorn fellow light bulb, silent and benighted. As time went on, the number of lost and befuddled little bulbs seemed to increase exponentially until he became convinced he was the only one who was truly "on".

Neon, as he called himself, could not rest easy anymore knowing that all the others were trapped in the illusion of darkness. He made it his mission to enlighten them, to inform them of their potential to shine and brighten the whole world.

Then, little Timmy tripped over the power cord.

Horrified, Neon braced himself for complete darkness all over the known world. But, to his amazement, the light did not die down. Everywhere he looked he saw lights of differing intensities going on and off at random intervals.

When Timmy's mum plugged him back in, Neon understood everything.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crymouth
I am sorry to say this OP but I think you need to stop watching so many movies. I understand that you are merely using The Matrix as an analogy of what you are trying to say but it just reads like a carbon copy of the theories / ideas expressed by the movies. Even your later posts appear to be taken from The Matrix - I would like to point out that while the ideas are certainly intriguing they are not based on any facts and remain fiction.

I understand that these ideas are your own feelings and I do not mean to mock, belittle or criticize them as a direct attack on you however, while your thoughts are "nice" and I suppose "comforting" to some I think they are nothing more than idealistic dreams.

Of course there are real conspiracies, these things do exist (to make use of the movie you used "There IS a spoon"), to deny these things is to give them more power. As an example: I currently work in a corporate where certain decisions are made to achieve a desired end result - this greater picture is not make "public" and a different picture is conceived and provided which the majority believe. However there always remains a small few who do not buy into the false picture and through a lack of facts these few conceive of many conspiracy theories to try and explain the reasons - in some cases they are pretty darn close to the truth. The reason why the original picture is not always disclosed in full is in most part due to there being gains for the "elite" and losses for Joe Soap. This is reality and the same exists on a larger scale throughout the world.

Martin Luther King had a dream, and he had an entire country against him. I'm sorry you feel this way about your situation, maybe a life change is in store?

Of course TPB want to control your mind, as through controlling your mind they can tell you what products you want and then sell these to you. They do not want your soul for any magical or make believe reasons, they simply want to make more money for themselves - and let me tell you, we want that too. If the human race did not want what they, TPB, want then their system would fail, they simply understand human nature and understand how to exploit this.

They want to control your mind on a much deeper level than commerce and their financial gain, their military interest, or any thing else for that matter. They don't want you unlocking your brain and seeing the world for what it really is.

You're reverting back to my previous point, all of that crap is an illusion. Takes one to know one.

In fact you are playing a very similar game here - you are essentially telling people that they possess some kind of supernatural ability to understand and see things clearly, that they are somehow more special than what they currently think or believe. This is precisely the type of thing people love to hear, so they give credence to what you are saying because more than actually believing, they want to believe it. Why? Because it makes them feel special

This is the great psychology of the human race - our perceptions create our realities, if you know how to alter anothers perceptions to understand your reality then you can effectively control them (for a time) as they now exist in your reality where you are ruler.

A sad reality it is.

Perhaps this is what you are wanting people to wake up from? To create their own realities rather than exist in someone else's?

Bingo.

You mentioned somewhere that you believe the EGO to be a negative thing but I say to you, this is not so - in fact my personal beliefs are that EGO is essential to a healthy self and to a healthy world. Everything in life is done for the self, the EGO - dispute it if you like but the very fact that we do "good" things for people is because these good things make the self feel good - this is the motivation. If we all loved ourselves completely then we would not have any negative perceptions of ourselves and there would be only love. It starts within and this would be projected outwards into our actions. We would achieve a state of nirvana or heaven or whatever other term you choose to use.

There's a difference between imaged entitlement and self entitlement, as far as the ego is concerned. I implore that you to watch the movie Revolver.

I must just say that I do not believe this can ever and should ever be achieved - why you might ask?
Well how boring this life would be though? How utterly dull and empty? Can you imagine how dreary life would be where you knew no pain? If there were no lessons to be learned? If there was no make up sex (so to speak)? We have heroes because we have villain's! Progress is made overcoming obstacles, remove these completely and progress ceases - evolution ends and everything we know grinds to a halt and is forgotten.

Brings up a good point, I will be specifically talking about the negative element(no make up sex, no lessons to be learned etc.) that exists which entertains us, and feeds us as a race.

If we, the human race, wanted the end of all wars and suffering we would simply end it. It is really that simple but we choose not to. Life is perfect in my opinion, and is exactly how it should be.

Life = Experiences - this is the greater meaning.

Maybe another reality then friend, but I believe the general consensus would enjoy a bit more peace and love in their future, a world where they don't fear their children being raised in a nuclear holocaust, or have to worry about poverty.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

Sounds a lot like what Alex Jones is saying. Thanks for the heads up!

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Wow, OP. For a brand-spanking-new user, you seem to know a lot about how to use this site, and how to stir things up. Your post, at first, caught my attention.
I got to page 11 before I started having second thoughts.

First of all, you claim to have this esoteric lid-blowing thing ready to patent, but.....you can't explain it?

I did.

What are you waiting for? Why you, why now? What have you been smoking?

Hoping to get some help from someone. Also I tend to steer away from psychoactive substances as my maturity evolves.

Not to be disrespectful, but back in my college days 100 years ago, I once wrote a "deep life profound revelation" thesis while I was inebriated and had an altered state of mind. I got an F. When I wrote it I felt brilliant, articulate, enlightened (and yes, I have enjoyed the Tao state of enlightment from time to time in my life),

and as I got older I became aware that I was only just beginning to learn about mysticism, gnosticism, Zen, and world philosophies in general.

Sounds like your teacher had some problems coping with psychedelic thought!

Where you initally come off as having a wonderful gift to offer, then you dance around with random "i can't explain it"s, and "don't know how"s, but yet you are The One, Neo??

This thread was meant to be a introductory "plea" if you will, hopefully if you stick around some of my later threads might be able to clear some stuff up for you.

What, have you just now discovered the Matrix, and read Alan Watts and then Quantum Jumping?

While I have not read Alan Watts or Quantum Leaping, I will not lie, I've read many articles, documentations and theories that have inspired thought within me. Although I feel something in the consciousness "grid" if you will and I think that my purpose is about to come to light, and my own theories and philosophy are not regurgitated information, even though you believe so.

Sorry, I have never on this site challenged anyone before, but....it seems to me that you are WAYYyyyy too savvy to the expectations of the readers of this site, and also how it works mechanically, to be brand new. I suspect, and certainly never expect you to admit, that you are a veteran member who left for some reason or is now incognito and back to reach the more recent "enrollees".

I won't make any statements on this because I am not liable to make any, but I will say regardless if I'm a veteran or not(which I've clearly stated that I've read many threads here before), I didn't have any damn "strategy" when I wrote the original post. It was from the heart, every last word of it - and I honestly did not expect it to hit 10+ pages with 100+ stars.

Also, if it gives any credence, I program computer software and have been extremely tech savvy(as a profession) for the past 10 years, so navigating a forum is second nature to me.

Your words seem inspirational on the surface, but I got to page 11 of your thread and finally said,

Wait. What? Who are you? Why are you suddenly here with the philosophical truth that you seem to have distilled from pop culture, sci-fi, paranormal, mystical, ancient occult not-very-new stuff? And how do you know so suddenly how to put multiple reply-to lines in one thread? And what sort of pompous introduction was that?

Sorry, but you'll need to be a bit more succinct and not sound so "fractured" before you have my vote. And a little more humble, there are people on this site who really do study and think and aren't going to buy into some random new guy's spiritual evangelism without him first building some credibility and a history of intelligent, open-minded discussion of these very subjective things.

Wow. No offense intended, just, wow. You seem excessively impressed with yourself and your exquisite knowledge. Must be nice to feel so advanced and so powerful that you have the big answer. Nice to meet you.

It was merely a plea.

Nice to meet you, to.
edit on 16-5-2011 by b3l13v3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Wow...

I can't really explain how that resonates within me, but something about that short story really hit home with me.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This whole thing can be condensed down to our reaction to the world in which we live. Period. It does't take a 1000 pg. psych book or some guy rambling on a forum. If you can control your reaction to the events in your life, then non of it matters. NONE OF IT. The absolute worst thing that can happen to me is death. Guess what? I don't care! Our happiness and contentment comes from within. It doesn't come from a trip to Disney World or a new 50" TV or a new guitar. Happiness manifests within us by our reaction to external events.

Don't need any links to anybody validating my statement and no fancy quotes. Our reaction to the world around us is our reality. Period.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Just noticed that every sentance begins with 'I' - need to try to get rid of ego - I nearly added 'don't I', but then I don't need affirmation from any of you.

Not quite. Determining key factors within yourself is much different that portraying yourself in a fashion you don't feel is right! I think you're on the right path

What you believe and think is what matters most. With that, the rest will follow.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by b3l13v3

I can't tell you how many first day or first time posters come on to ATS or web sites like ATS with this sort of double speak"There is no limit to what your mind is capable of,you can bend the rules of reality".The first part is true,the second part is why you are here.

There your beliefs and that is it.To tell us all how inept we are because we are not as enlightened as you say you are is "just like everyone else" .

We are a spicies of genetic make up and for someone to come along and say OK all you empty light bulbs think like me has become so commen place and eliminates anything good you might have to offer.Ridacule is not a means of persuasion when you have so many other good ideas.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join