It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Finally, 13th Crystal Skull FOUND in Germany!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Quick note skull not scull.. Other then that s&f.. Though I could have sworn I heard that all the skulls were found last year at some point..

edit on 14-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: Gramma

Edit to add: found a link to a thread from 2009 claiming they have all been found..www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-5-2011 by TechVampyre because: (no reason given)

Thanks for that, thought it looked fishy. It seems there are quite a few skulls being found then. Also to be considered is that a lot of copies were made, dating back many years, though not as far is the orignal 13 skulls. Dont ya just love history?

As long as it's the real version

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
Maybe this is art work left behind by an alien race from another planet.....a message of some sort...but...what is the message?

To be...
or not to be...

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
okay so, uhh... everyone is okay of OP typing his own off-site quotes?

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Could this be the 'real' reason the 13th skull showed up in Germany this past
few days?!

Give us Our Skulls Back Humans!!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by realeyesrealiserealLies

I wouldn't be so quick to write off any of "these sort of atifacts" as plane "possible mythical items" the fact that they are based around myth is just that the understanding of said items is inconclusive or shady at best.
There is much ancient technology that hasn't been understood by modern/western science. Considering that the blueprints for those very "mini computers" may have their origin in Egypt!? Look up the temple of Horus. The word chemistry itself comes from Egypt which was orginally known by it's people as Kemet meaning black... So chemistry could be translated to black mystery/history.

My post was about Hewlett Packard not researching the Crystal Skull. I stated my view on the Crystal Skull stories and I enjoy reading about them, but the point of ATS is to examine truths and debunk things where realistically possible.

Not sure why you're referring me to the origin of the word chemistry either, that has nothing to do with this thread
Besides, the origin of the word 'chemistry' is still debatable, there's nothing solid that backs up that it originated in Egypt. Anyway, let's just stay on topic eh

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

Just sayin that rather than writing it off as just another "mythical artifact" consider that it may have scientific applications. And a company like HP could have had some interest in getting to the bottom of it. In any case given the opportunity to work with or study such a controvercial artifact, if only for sheer PR sake surely would have been welcomed by HP. With my referrence to the origin of the word 'chemistry' I was just making a point.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I say we put them together for the winter solstice 2012...if something happens, cool and can it be worse than whats going on in world currently? If nothing happens then it doesn't matter and everyone had a good day out
I know i won't be around for the next Mayan calendar cycle to finish in 3000 years.
The number 13 in ancient times was only because theres 13 lunar cycles in a year, the moon goes from full, to full in 28 days...and theres 13 of these 28 day cycles in 364 days, nearly a year, hence why ancient calanders had 'odd' extra days to correct the calender to the modern 365 day year.
Summary...put them together and don't forget to party

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

It's been well known that the skull is the beautiful symbol of the end of all humanity. The death of all humanity, the end of humanity. These skulls would never save the world, only end it.
edit on 15-5-2011 by Ksorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

Originally posted by Monkeygod333

Quick note skull not scull.. Other then that s&f.. Though I could have sworn I heard that all the skulls were found last year at some point..

Edit to add: found a link to a thread from 2009 claiming they have all been found..www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for that, thought it looked fishy. It seems there are quite a few skulls being found then. Also to be considered is that a lot of copies were made, dating back many years, though not as far is the orignal 13 skulls. Dont ya just love history?

As long as it's the real version

Good luck with that one. History has been so contorted by so many people that, in truth, there we are not actually as smart as we would lead ourselves to believe.

History is always written by the victor! Remember that.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by realeyesrealiserealLies

I can't help but think that if the skulls did hold something of such importance that TPTB would have them in possession of their grubby mits. I genuinely do wish for them to be something life changing for us all before this planet and all the craziness on it finally does go *pop*! Unfortunately a lot of what I read about them does seem to be speculation.

I definitely agree though that there's so much we still don't understand (or even know) about ancient technologies.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ADEzor

Yes, it is true, lynch me please. The website said in one part that they studied several skulls and in another part that they studied the crystal. Just clearing it up.

Check out the site www.mendhak.com, you'll see its all there.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Play on words, Crystal starts with a c, Skull, spelled with a C, Scull -- would signify you were talking about a crystal skull without having to write, crystal skull....

edit on 15-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
One week before said Judgment Day.
WOOOOOAAAAAAAAA

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
have there ever been studies to show any unnatural qualities to these skulls?

the only thing I find a little strange about them is the cutting against the grain

perhaps a technique lost a long time ago

or proof of past technology perhaps

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Play on words, Crystal starts with a c, Skull, spelled with a C, Scull -- would signify you were talking about a crystal skull without having to write, crystal skull....

edit on 15-5-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

Wow, thanks for that!
I didnt even know that was common practice in writing.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I watched a documentary that said the skulls were not really that old
but they also said even if it was REALLY old the way they made it was from generations of rubbing- which is why it was as smooth as it was.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I don't understand why so many people are saying ALL the skulls are fake, SOME have been found to be modern, HOWEVER, some are rather old.
World Mysteries . com

These skulls, found near the ancient ruins of Mayan and Aztec civilizations (with some evidence linking the skulls with past civilization in Peru) are a mystery as profound as the Pyramids of Egypt, the Nazca Lines of Peru, or Stonehenge. Some of the skulls are believed to be between 5,000 and 36,000 years old.

Mmm, that's not exactly 19th century, huh?

The most widely celebrated and mysterious crystal skull is the Mitchell-Hedges Skull, for at least two good reasons. First, it is very similar in form to an actual human skull, even featuring a fitted removable jawbone. Most known crystal skulls are of a more stylized structure, often with unrealistic features and teeth that are simply etched onto a single skull piece. Second, it is impossible to say how the Mitchell-Hedges skull was constructed. From a technical standpoint, it appears to be an impossible object which today's most talented sculptors and engineers would be unable to duplicate.

Curiouser and curiouser said Alice. I like the second point in the quote above.

The British and the Paris skulls are so similar, experts believe one was used to "copy" for the other.

“OLD” – a crystal skull that was fashioned from over 100 years ago to about 1000 years ago. Most of these types of skulls have been discovered within or near ancient ruins in Mexico or Central America and many of them are guarded by descendants of various indigenous people throughout the world. Usually with the “Old” crystal skulls we can have find some type of tool mark left by the carver, as is the case with the “New” crystal skulls.
“ANCIENT” -- a crystal skull that was created from 1500-2000 years ago to whenever (they could be hundreds of thousands of years old). There are a few crystal skulls that exist today which are considered “ANCIENT” crystal skulls.

Just a little note to make sure we can keep out terms straight, seeing as how these skulls have been examined by every possible scientist that would be likely to figure anything out about them and seeing as how these skulls are ON DISPLAY at museums... but if out coffee table experts here at ATS are so convinced that they're fakes, I guess the scientists and museums are dead wrong and should be sued for misrepresentation.

Whatever side of the fence you're on, I find it ironic that only now with all our advancements in science are they "debunking" the skulls that have been sitting in museums. They were examined and found to be amazing for all of this time and only now they're finding flaws in the idea? Sounds hinky, don't you think?

~My personal opinion~ they are ancient, because before the last cataclysm, we had the technology we have now. Don't get me started on the fossilized spark-plug!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by realeyesrealiserealLies

Ok wow they did test it but it would seem all those sites lied because they were only allowed to test to see if the skull and the jaw bone was of the same composition. this is all they have to say on the matter.

Tests run in the division's cr.Crystal lab help establish its composition. It was found to be a single quartz crystal. It was also determined that the detached jaw came from the same crystal

nothing about how

"The damned thing simply shouldn't be."

instead they said

"One of our guys kidded that he might be able to duplicate it if you gave him a year and $100,000;' said Jim Pruett.

edit on 15-5-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
I don't understand why so many people are saying ALL the skulls are fake, SOME have been found to be modern, HOWEVER, some are rather old.
World Mysteries . com

ok look at the content of this site. those skulls are proven fakes except the Mitchell-Hedges skull which she wouldn't let experts examine.

The British Museum catalogues the skull's provenance as "probably European, 19th century AD"[41] and describes it as "not an authentic pre-Columbian artefact".[42] It has been established that this skull was made with modern tools, and that it is not authentic.

In 2009 the C2RMF researchers published results of further investigations to establish when the Paris skull had been carved. Scanning electron microscopy (SEM) analysis indicated the use of lapidary machine tools in its carving. The results of a new dating technique known as quartz hydration dating (QHD) demonstrated that the Paris skull had been carved later than a reference quartz specimen artifact, known to have been cut in 1740. The researchers conclude that the SEM and QHD results combined with the skull's known provenance indicate it was carved in the 18th or 19th century.[47]

The "Smithsonian Skull" was mailed to the Smithsonian Institution anonymously in 1992, and was claimed to be an Aztec object by its donor and was purportedly from the collection of Porfirio Diaz. It is the largest of the skulls, weighing 31 pounds and is 15 inches high. It was carved using carborundum, a modern abrasive. It has been displayed as a fake at the National Museum of Natural History.[48]

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
oh and this is off topic but i had to post somthing funny i found out about that spark plug

The last known individual to possess the Coso Artifact was one of the original discoverers, Wallace Lane. According to the Spring 1969 issue of INFO Journal, Lane was the last known person to possess the object. It was on display in his home, but he adamantly refused to allow anyone to examine it. However, he had a standing offer to sell it for $25,000. In September 1999, a national search to locate any of the original discoverers proved fruitless, The authors of this article suspect that Lane had died. Virginia Maxey is alive, but is avoiding any public comment and the whereabouts of Mikesell remain unknown. The location and disposition of the artifact are also unknown.

no one can look to see if its real but you can have it for 25,000

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join