It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin and Celestial Bodies Alignment Is Causing Earthquakes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
What do people think of this Dr's findings?

sites.google.com...

I really have no clues about the reasoning and calculations for his theory, so I went straight to his data and found that they supported his conclusion:

arxiv.org...

At first, I thought maybe he didn't list all of the quakes which include ones where the celestial bodies do not align, but then I looked at the biggest ones, and he listed them all(from 1900 to now).

Here's the link to the biggest quakes in history(note that some of them are before 1900):
en.wikipedia.org...

The next alignment which includes Elenin is on Sep 27th, so we'll have to wait and see I guess.

I'd appreciate if any scientist here can explain his theory in layman terms.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Oh god people still believe in this elinen crap?

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CoolStoryMan

Yes. Deal with it.

OP, thanks for the links.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It's very hard to establish an opinion on this, unless you really research his theory thorough. but going off your biggest earthquake link, I'd say that maybe we are looking to far into this simply because, these massive earthquakes have not just only been happening in the past 10-15 years, they are happening all the time through history.

If the scientist is basing his theory around alignments in general and not just Elenin, then yes, I would agree that it is possible that alignments etc, could cause earthquakes and other natural disasters. But because he is basing his findings just around Elenin, alot more about other cosmic bodies needs to be researched and more facts need to be proven, if they have not been already.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by np6888
What do people think of this Dr's findings?

GURER NER NYERNQL ZHYGCYR GUERNQF EHAAVAT BA NGF NOBHG PBZRG RYRAVA NAQ GUR FHCCBFRQ NYVTAZRAG PNHFVAT RNEGUDHNXRF.
OHG LBH QVQAG XABJ GUNG,ORPNHFR LBH QVQAG OBGURE GB QB N FRNEPU ORSBER CBFGVAT, QVQ LBH?

NAQ LRNU, EBG13'Q SBE N OVG BS INEVRGL.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Great post! Definitely a lot to consider. I am no rocket surgeon, but in layman terms I would say Comets+Earth=Bad News. Thanks again for the post and links.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Watch from 0:35

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

I made a thread a while back discussing planetary allignments and earthquakes. Here is the link if you are interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Thanks, when i get a chance Ill have a look

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Planetary alignment has such a minuscule effect on the Earth that there is no way that it would cause earthquakes.

The sun holds more than 98% of our solar systems mass that is why it has an effect on us. The sun is about 390 times bigger than our moon, but, our moon is about 390 times closer than the sun creating tides. Those are the only two things in our solar system that can have an affect on us. Jupiter is so far away and so small compared to the sun that the gravitational pull on us is minuscule.

Not trying to be rude, just bringing in some real science in this conversation.

Pred...

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
i can no longer be bothered to address each thread on this nonsence - so hear is a general rebutall

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

So how do you explain his data?

top topics

join