It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: ‘We Need The People Of America To Rise Up’ in Favor of Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
harry you want another black eye and broken arm?

be careful what you wish for.

amnesty for illegals is fighting words for many people including myself.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Did your ancestors have to pay thousands of dollars and file five years of paperwork to work in a system strongly designed to exclude them? or did they just get off a boat?

Hmmm. Someone here isnt very well informed.

Many Europeans actually had to sell themselves into indentured servitude for several years time to get here. Even if they didnt necessarily want to leave home in the first place, but were instead forced to.

Frankly if you're even faintly related to someone in Europe, you have absolutely no room to whine about "illegal immigration."

And not everyone who stepped off a boat was allowed in, either.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
He wants Americans to rise up in favor of illegal immgrants coming to America and costing those same Americans more tax dollars they don't have?

This guy is from a state with one of the worst illegal immigration problems in the country.

He's completely delusional.

If anything, the people of America will rise up and throw tossers like him from office.

Of course, the Reagan amnesty for the illegals at the time worked out SOOO well, right? lol.
edit on 13-5-2011 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I would rather pay for moats and alligators!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Hmmm. Someone here isnt very well informed.

Pretty much everyone on this thread can fall under this criteria.

Many Europeans actually had to sell themselves into indentured servitude for several years time to get here. Even if they didnt necessarily want to leave home in the first place, but were instead forced to.

Okay. So their ancestors did exactly what the "illegal aliens" are doing today, for the same reasons.

Frankly if you're even faintly related to someone in Europe, you have absolutely no room to whine about "illegal immigration."

And not everyone who stepped off a boat was allowed in, either.

Well, no, if you were obviously ill, you got quarantined until you either got better or died. Of course, that's if you came in through one of the official "processing ports" like Ellis Island. You could get off any boat anywhere it landed, if you wanted, and nobody was going to tear your door off the hinges, throw grandma into a headlock, and force all of you at gun point back onto a boat bound for Greece (even though you're Polish)
edit on 13/5/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Okay. So their ancestors did exactly what the "illegal aliens" are doing today, for the same reasons.

SOME illegal aliens have to indenture themselves to pay for their passage. But no, its not the same. In the case of the Europeans, most of them still abided by the law. They were not selling themselves to smugglers to help them bypass the entrance requirements, they were following procedure and just couldnt afford it, and so sold themselves.

Well, no, if you were obviously ill, you got quarantined until you either got better or died. Of course, that's if you came in through one of the official "processing ports" like Ellis Island. You could get off any boat anywhere it landed, if you wanted, and nobody was going to tear your door off the hinges, throw grandma into a headlock, and force all of you at gun point back onto a boat bound for Greece (even though you're Polish

Ive got an idea. How about you just stop being a racist whiner, and acknowledge that immigration has sucked for many people including Europeans, and that this isnt a "bash the white devil" issue you want to make it?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
no, no and no.

no amnesty for lawbreakers, and no more tax payer funded services for invaders.

why cant these people band together and fix their own country instead of storming in here making ours even worse?

back in the day, immigrants had something to offer this country. they wanted to BE american. now these immigrants try to make this country just like the filthy barrio where they came from.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Harry, you and that master divider you call a president are both pathetic!
Within hours of of the community organizer's speech in Texas, a beautiful 10 year old boy was hit and killed by an illegal alien who had no drivers license a few towns over from where I live.
You need to watch out Mr. Reid! The people of America ARE rising up! I can't wait to hear you whimper and see that tail tucked between your old legs! That goes double for Nancy and the great divider!

Child Killed at Bus Stop

I feel for the Immigrants who are trying to become legal by the book. I give them my best wishes and hope they also rise up.

edit on 13-5-2011 by sweetliberty because: Harry SHUT UP

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

>>>Of course, the Reagan amnesty for the illegals at the time worked out SOOO well, right? lol.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I'm very pro immigration yet I'm very against granting amnesty for current undocumented immigrants. Not because I don't want them here but because there are tons of potential legal aliens that are on wait lists and currently going through the proper channels to gain legal status. This would be a slap in their faces and send a very mixed message.

Cuervo you are dead on. I would bet in an honest cross-section opinion poll that most American's believe exactly this. But, from my experience, it gets twisted and turned to make it seem we want to encase ourselves in 45 foot walls and build "moats with alligators" in them.

This is far from the truth. Every country, modern that is, needs to have a healthy rate of immigration and migration. Since the overall economy (at least at the smaller business levels) still holds onto strong supply and demand principles, it would be wise to connect that to the macro-economic policies as well in terms of immigration control and quotas. Economics is after all manpower, capital and natural resources.

At a time where we have 9% unemployment, immigration should be dwindled down to a trickle. The job market cannot maintain an even larger influx of manpower that will come about once 'amnesty' is granted and those that chose the illegal path can now obtain a job that isn't under the table.

But it has been the view that we shouldn't connect the two. Economics and immigration that is. Which is ridiculous in the largest sense. This of course doesn't mean the quota system should be based on discriminating factors, but rather a few basic things. Willing to work and support yourself, willing to attempt to assimilate into the whole of American culture and willing to become a naturalized American citizen.

Regarding those few things I just mentioned, assimilation doesn't mean giving up ones heritage or even language. But it does mean that the majority of business is conducted in English and it would be wise, if you want to make it higher than a dishwasher or cleaning rooms at the Holiday Inn to gain some basic skills in the language that is spoken in majority. I would though never advocate forced learning, but education on the matter is key.

The hardest is weeding out people that really want to work and support for themselves. Kind of hard when citizen's born here won't even do that very thing. That just leads to a deeper topic on the massive entitlements that are offered with no consequence or accountability.

But I don't think Congress nor the Executive really want to tackle this seriously. Just like everything else that the Federal government has been kicking down the street for the past 10-20 years. They are too attached to their political power and careers to actually do something that would help the country and jepordize their seats of power.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

very good points you made there.

the only thing i would disagree with would be that a country "needs" a healthy immigration rate. as long as the inhabitants can keep their birth rates up, no immigration would be "needed" at all.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Do It The Right Way Or Stay Home and Fix Your Own Broken Country!
Hello every one, as most of you know, my husband was born in America and he worked for the Government and we meet in the Peoples Republic of China and married and we have a daughter.
If some of you actually took the time to read the profile my husband wrote, you'd see and understand that even with a Government job and a very high security clearance it still took over 15 months for us to come to America and get our 3 yr. G/Card.

I Love America

I don't like illegals and I live in Arizona and have witnessed them living with 4 families to a 3 bedroom home and parking their car and trucks on the street and in their yard ( that was once grass and treed ) I also have noticed many of the street billboards are no longer in English but in Spanish and the accident rate has climbed by the proof of the change in our car insurance premiums.
My car has been hit twice in the Fry's Super Market lot and once it was over $2,200. in damage.

Anyway, here is the state of Georgia's answer I read about and their opponents are calling the Law Unconstitutional

I was always under the impression that being here illegally was against our Laws so it is illegal, Yes?
www.ajc.com...
Governor signs Arizona-style immigration bill into law

Deal and other supporters of HB 87 have hailed it as a victory for taxpayers who have borne the cost of illegal immigration in Georgia. A recent estimate by the Pew Hispanic Center puts the number of illegal immigrants in Georgia at 425,000, the seventh-highest among the states. Those illegal immigrants, supporters of HB 87 say, are taking jobs from state residents and burdening Georgia’s public schools, hospitals and jails.

It's good to see they understand the strain illegals put on the average Tax Payer, California could learn a thing or two, if they'd just open their Liberal Eyes. We won't go to California for vacation, neither of us speck Spanish
and have no desire to learn. This is America.

Who are these opponents and who are these national organizations that are trying to get this into court?
Here is an exert:

“We look forward to stopping this unconstitutional law from ever taking effect,” Charles Kuck, an Atlanta-area immigration attorney and past president of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, said Friday before Deal signed the bill.

I'm Very Proud to be and American and I Love My New Home Land and Yes, We Live The Dream, But We Did it The Right Way

edit on 13-5-2011 by guohua because: Spelling

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BlesUTP

I would go even further than that and ask people to examine the supply/demand relationship between the price of labor and ask why we are pushing for population growth all over the planet and whether or not end game that is sustainable.

The only people who need "more people" are those who exploit them as labor and consumers for their own gain.

Its unsustainable in the long run, and the only reason politicians stump for increased immigration here is to satisfy the business interests who realize that exporting jobs manufacturing has a limit in its cost reduction. As shipping costs go up, cheap overseas labor is less attractive.

Much better strategy long run to recreate third world labor in the Americas.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlesUTP
reply to post by ownbestenemy

very good points you made there.

the only thing i would disagree with would be that a country "needs" a healthy immigration rate. as long as the inhabitants can keep their birth rates up, no immigration would be "needed" at all.

Yes, the word need is too black and white. Currently our birth rate is holding strong, but that may not always be the case. The ideals pushed with the American Dream are dwindling. No longer is it thought to grow up, get married and have 2.5 children with a white picket fence. The policy is needed and should be in place but I also am not one to deny any human being their right to pursue happiness.

It is admittedly hard to balance the sovereignty of the nation with the sovereignty of the individual in this matter. Of course, the Declaration of Independence was narrow to the colonies of American at the time and the United States Constitution applies to the citizen's of the numerous states. But the ideals are much broader and greater than that.

Valuing freedom and the opportunity to obtain it and prosper is a huge beacon to those that want to seek it. That is a key factor to why many come to the United States. Ask an average immigrant that is either in the process or has become naturalized and the typical response is "You can be anything here."

This may seem as a bit of a tangent, but that is what sets us apart from the typical politician. They will break this down into "You hate Mexicans because you don't want amnesty" or "You hate America because you want to allow immigrants to run amok". Where as a critical thinker will delve deeply into the subject and bring together all the aspect to determine the best solution.

Again, Congress isn't serious and neither is the president. Its more political games and they have no desire to actually address the issue. As is evident with blanket amnesty. That was the problem with the Reagan Era amnesty. It was supposed to cure it, but Congress failed to implement long standing immigration policy to help curb and effectively deal with the issue. Fool us once, shame on you (Congress).....Fool us twice, shame on us (The People).....yet we are beyond twice...we just like being the fools I guess.

edit on 13-5-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-5-2011 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Blanket amnesty? No way. However, can we take a brief moment and look at what he's referring to rather than knee-jerk over the illegal alien issue?

DREAM Act Summary.

Different response, or no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Blanket amnesty? No way. However, can we take a brief moment and look at what he's referring to rather than knee-jerk over the illegal alien issue?

DREAM Act Summary.

Different response, or no?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

NO! You want to know WHY?
It does not address the crimes of the Parents.
From what I just read, it is addressing the child of said parents under the age of 15 years old.
Let me ask you, can they be absolutely sure this child has no criminal contacts? That Would Have To Be A Must, Gang Bangers I Say NO TO!
What about the 15 year old daughter that already has a new born baby on her hip,,,, and don't tell me that isn't so
my next door neighbors second 14 year old just had a baby, their oldest daughter, now 16 years old, had a baby at 15 year of age and they all thinks it's Just Great!
So,,,,, Who is paying for their continued Education while they are here in America, Their Parents?
I don't think so, The Dream Act, From What I've Read, Doesn't Mention That,,, Is it Still The American Tax Payer
being hung out to DRY?

If the parents go back who pays? I understand both the daughters of my neighbors are getting welfare C/C's and free baby food and diapers,,,,, who's paying for those services
GUESS WHO

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

And I say no because you are still offering an incentive to people to break the law.

Live here 5 years, arriving at 15 or younger? And thats it? I have a lot of sympathy for kids whose parents move them here illegally, and who do grow up here, and for whom this is the only home they remember. But the parents did that to their children. Not the US. I could understand if the immigration process took into account the time spent as a child here, record while here, school accomplishments while here, etc. I think it should. But Im not for anything mandating it, or for imposing two years of higher education or military service.

I dont want a flood of adolescent illegals into the country to try and qualify for the dream act, who for the most part will be educated on the dime of citizens, (as property taxes tend to pay for education) Those dollars should be spent making American children more competitive.

Figure out a way to streamline the immigration process for everyone, make it fair for everyone. Not just border nations who can easily hop in and take advantage of things like the Dream Act. Why should it be easier for those crafty Canadians to pawn their kids off on us?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He can kiss my ass. I want a better life too but I can't go get it illegally.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Yeah, and I was just reading about it here: Basic Information DREAM Act and it doesn't sound too bad. Under this legislation:

The process takes 6 years to become a citizen.
You must enroll in college or the military.
This is for young people with good moral character.

I think this is the path to citizenship that I could live with.

What is the process now and is this all that different?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

And that we will!

By voting this sack of crap out of office, along with his boss Obama. We can't afford our own citizens, why are we bending over backwards to appease Mexicans?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join