It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harry Reid: ‘We Need The People Of America To Rise Up’ in Favor of Amnesty for Illegal Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You know Harrry, if the people of America are going to rise up for anything it will be for you and your cronies to lose your jobs and pensions and for America to return to the greatness that was once ENTRUSTED to us.

This is pathetic. Rise up for this... Not a chance.

Sen. Harry Reid (D-Nev.) is calling on Americans to ‘rise up’ and express how important the DREAM Act is to them.

Reid made the comments at a conference on Wednesday in support of the measure that would allow qualifying illegal aliens obtain legal residence status.

“As was said yesterday in El Paso by the president, we need the people of America to rise up and indicate to each of us how important this legislation is,” Reid said.

Gimme a break...I guess they are just looking to expand their weakening support base by pushing for this garbage. Now is not the time for this legislation. We don't have the money to support all of these new additional expenses...

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I will NOT do this.

No way!

Sorry you want the "dream" come here legally and get it or be born here. Not my problem these people were born in the countries they were in. Heck I'd love to have been born in France
but i wasn't I was born in the USA so if I want to live in France I have to go about it the LEGAL way! No "dream" act for me.

You want the American Dream move here the legal way! There are many avenues to go about getting here legally most are just plain old lazy and want it handed to them. I get NOTHING handed to me but if Im an illegal wow the stuff I get because everyone feels sorry for me..Well this American doesn't!

Yes this may be harsh but where I live illegals are a huge problem and I am sick of it.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

He probably owns an interest in several sweat shop type businesses that cater to the use of illegal immigrants for work.

It's a great way to get rich paying people less then minimum wage with no benefits for a job that could employ a legal citizen of the USA at twice the cost!
edit on 5/13/2011 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Ummm, so we need to rise up and encourage illegal immigration.

Why not rise up and in favor of tax cheats?

S&F

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Sounds good to me.

Current Illegal immigration policies are awfully ridiculous in this country...

as long as they get work cards/social security and pay taxes I don't care.

They seem to be taking jobs that I would never want, however If I wanted to be a career strawberry picker I might be a little peeved.

I certainly don't support the democratic party, but this appears to be good policy so far. Granted, I ought to take more time to look at the legislation.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Marulo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Could this politician (AND ANYONE WHO VOTES FOR HIM) be any more out of touch with the population of the U.S.?

People are about ready to rise up for closing the border down completely.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Im not doing it.

Im all for immigration. Im not for people taking it upon themselves to jump to the front of the line and enter ahead of people who are patiently going through the process.

Im also not for rewarding people for breaking the law.

We gave amnesty once, and I disagreed with it then too. Dont offer people incentives to break the law. It causes more people to break the law.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Harry Reid... isn't that the guy who was losing the election and then boom... an power outage happens... and when electricity comes back up, he's winning by several percentage points? And his son owns the company that owns the voting machines in Nevada?

That guy?

link   
I'm very pro immigration yet I'm very against granting amnesty for current undocumented immigrants. Not because I don't want them here but because there are tons of potential legal aliens that are on wait lists and currently going through the proper channels to gain legal status. This would be a slap in their faces and send a very mixed message.

link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

Yeah... clearly you know little about the American population...

There are a lot of people who support your ideas, and there are a lot of people wouldn't...

How many Americans have you even met? I live here and I don't even know that many... (Relative to the actual population size)

link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Could this politician (AND ANYONE WHO VOTES FOR HIM) be any more out of touch with the population of the U.S.?

People are about ready to rise up for closing the border down completely.

And recall that during the last election, Reid's whole campaign push was that his opponent - Sharon Angle - was "too extreme" ...

Right, Harry ...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Hypothetical question for US ATS users. Would you support an amnesty for current illegal aliens in return for complete militarisation of the border?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I don't want them here but because there are tons of potential legal aliens that are on wait lists and currently going through the proper channels to gain legal status. This would be a slap in their faces and send a very mixed message.

My sentiments exactly. It is a slap in the face to anyone and everyone doing things the legal way.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Reid needs to rise up out of his seat and retire.

What a piece of work, truly a misguided soul and utterly disconnected from the real America that we all live in.

I would imagine that this completely backfires in his face because I have not seen any evidence whatsoever that the average American wants any kind of amnesty for illegals. Asking people to rise up on this after our fearless leader made fun of the issue by suggesting we build moats with alligators to protect our borders is only going to inflame the situation, which is what their real intention is starting to look like.

What do other countries do if you cross their borders illegally?

Hmmm... most either put you immediately in prison or just kill you, the rest send you back from wherever you came from. We need to get serious about our borders because Americans are dying as a result of the arrogance of our government.

Tell you what Mr. Obama... if you want to build a moat and put gators in it, I'm all for it as long as you cross it to get back to your "home country".

~Namaste

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Did your ancestors have to pay thousands of dollars and file five years of paperwork to work in a system strongly designed to exclude them? or did they just get off a boat?

Frankly if you're even faintly related to someone in Europe, you have absolutely no room to whine about "illegal immigration."

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I never considered that, on the other hand I am no immigration expert.

However, I bet that problem could be solved by expediting the process which current legal immigrants are going through to attain legal access to the country.

That part is a must, after that there seems to be two plausible things to do.

Either put a hold on all legal entry applications while going through the process of giving amnesty to all/most illegal immigrants.

Or maintain both process' at the same time while giving precedence to the legal entry application system, whatever it may be called...

And just for clarification, this is my naive speculation on a subject I wouldn't be qualified to pontificate on

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Yes we need to rise up and address the DREAM Act. Throw it and Harry Reid into the bonfire.

This is just as bad as O(s / b, same thing)ama's little speech this week about getting dependable labor for the farmers and giving the laborers a legitimate path to citizenship. While our unemployment 'fabricated' numbers hover around 9%, and the real rate closer to 17%.

I say we need to remove all of the illegal laborers that are depressing the wages and taking the farm jobs, and use laborers that already have citizenship. This will reduce our dependence on illegal labor, get our unemployment rate down, and reduce the expenses to our local and federal government.

There is already an established path to citizenship. The illegals have already subverted this path. Send them home and let them get in line behind the ones that are trying the legal way to get here - they don't get to cut in front of the line, and if they do, they get sent to the BACK of the line.

That's the way justice works for citizens, it should be no different for illegals - if anything, the illegals (as they are NOT citizens and therefore have no constitutional protection) are not entitled to justice, only entitled to a bus ride back home.

Do like the Mexican government does - they take their illegals and deport them to the furthest border of their home country. Then they have an even longer travel just to get back to the border. We should drop our Mexican illegals at the Guatemaulan border, the Guatemaulans at the Honduras border, The Hondurans at the El Salvador border, and so on...

FYI, I agree with the policies of Mexico in dealing with their illegals. We should adopt the IDENTICAL policy. it is VERY strict and grants NO rights to anyone that is not a citizen. Then the Mexican government will have no reason to complain about our policies.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Immigration is fine and dandy of it is done in a controlled and legal manner. You don't want the path to citizenship? OK just apply for your green card. Simple.... no need for more amnesty "favors" to drive votes and to stir more conflict in this nation.

My word, Obama is even citing bible passages to stump for this effort.

President Barack Obama, when speaking at the National Hispanic Prayer Breakfast and Conference Thursday, quoted the Bible to make a case that passing immigration reform is a “moral imperative.”

Moral imperative?? I can think of plenty of other imperatives in this nation that need more attention

“It’s a moral imperative when millions of people live in the shadows and are made vulnerable to unscrupulous businesses or with nowhere to turn if they are wronged. It’s a moral imperative when simply enforcing the law may mean inflicting pain on families who are just trying to do the right thing by their children,” Obama added.

Boo Hooo. Just look at how he cunningly identifies an enemy of the illegal aliens in this country. How about enforcing the the existing laws and how about cracking down on these "unscrupulous businesses" who are breaking the law to begin with. Word of note to all of the DC crowd who are supporting this Please check the residency status of your house keepers, porters and gardeners to whom you pay in cash.

www.cnsnews.com...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Boo Hooo. Just look at how he cunningly identifies an enemy of the illegal aliens in this country. How about enforcing the the existing laws and how about cracking down on these "unscrupulous businesses" who are breaking the law to begin with. Word of note to all of the DC crowd who are supporting this Please check the residency status of your house keepers, porters and gardeners to whom you pay in cash.

www.cnsnews.com...

It'd be great if the laws were enforced when businesses break them. It'd also be great if businesses couldn't spend millions of your tax dollars to fight said enforcement, seeking years' worth of appeals every time a court ruled against them. it'd be great too, if people like yourself would stop just blindly ticking every name on a ballot that has an "R" next to it, since those are the people who have set the system up this way.

Republicans; tough on all immigrants, soft on businesses that use immigrant slave labor.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Did your ancestors have to pay thousands of dollars and file five years of paperwork to work in a system strongly designed to exclude them? or did they just get off a boat?

Frankly if you're even faintly related to someone in Europe, you have absolutely no room to whine about "illegal immigration."

foreigners that legally migrated to the USA from Europe 30, 40, 50 (etcetera) years ago followed the laws that were in place at the time. people that come to the USA today should do so also. illegal is the key part of the subject. how you connect those of European ancestry that arrived legally in the USA in the past with aliens that illegally enter the country today is beyond reasonable logic.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join