It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

exactly mr "im so intelligent" you have nothing of use to contribute to anything that matters, your just a guy who stays at home hating the younger generation

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by Realms

According to the Professional Engineers I deal with, the young people coming out of University can't even do their own research, need hand holding, and have atrocious report writing skills.

You can even see it like places such as this and elsewhere on the Net, the lack of comprehension and writing skills.

We are certainly seeing enough evidence of that this night,
throughout this very thread. It's almost surreal the shrill
clinging nature of the emotionally needy. I'm reminded
of my time as a councelor at an Autistic summer camp.

When ever one of the camp goers wanted attention they would get right up in your face.
It must be frustrating to be incapable to express oneself in a more creative way.
I learned a lot of patience and empathy there, and always look for
the person trapped within the frustration.

But to hear of such decay in the engineering world itself,
... well, that's disturbing.

David Grouchy

And vice versa. Have one side talk about the old, have one side talk about the young. It works both ways people. See the propaganda? Its there right in front of your eyes. You read it for yourself. It manifested into reality. The old [color=lightpink]ostracizing the young, and the young [color=lightpink]ostracizing the old in the name of deception.

I think this is confusing concern with ostracizing.
To be concerned about new engineers, who
have been let into the egineering world,
in no way shows ostracism.
But I think we all
know that.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
The old ostracizing the young, and the young ostracizing the old in the name of deception.
edit on 13-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: wording

Well, being in my 30's, I can see both sides...

actually naa, I can't see the 20 somethings point of view actually, but, I do remember it..
Funny how the older you get, the less you realize you know.
When I was in my teens, I knew it all
When I was in my 20's, I knew more than most
now that I am in my 30s, I am realizing I don't know as much as I think I knew.

I fear how dumb I will realize I am once I hit my 40's.

By the time I hit my 50's, I am going to purchase a ferrari and not give a crap what I know anymore.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by minkmouse

no, it wont, that doesnt change the fact that your old and will NEVER change, you can never change, you see the world in one way...that is all...your hopeless

Dude...You are so well fortified in your beliefs that any further discourse between us would yield very little for either party. You're at my throat like a starving dingo because I had a little spelling rant? The dividing line between young and old is simply that! Another freaking dividing line and just between you and me, I think we've had our fill of division!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

from what i see, evil and destruction is already happening...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
I can't believe people are still ranting on this thread.

Ah, it's just the two suicide trollers.
The one's who don't read what they have already posted,
and fail to realize that a lot of what they have said is already being removed
for violations of the Terms & Conditions, like personal attacks, and horrendous language.

Let em keep burning up all their fuel.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

What is wrong?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

your right, AND TO ALL I APOLOGIZE...IT TAKES A MAN TO KNOW WHEN HE IS WRONG...thats more than i can say for most people..i am done with this thread, and i am not really an asshole, i really do want to see change, but i think the older generation is bigoted and will never know how to see change...take canadian native studies for example and what the people in power did to the native people of canada and america, and you will see....bye now...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse
The dividing line between young and old is simply that! Another freaking dividing line and just between you and me, I think we've had our fill of division!

I was more of a multiplication type myself.

You know...in about 20 years, the outward appearance of age will be nullified, and suddenly that 20 year old looking person may very well be 90 years old...then it will simply matter about mindset.

I wonder how then people will remain divided...will come down to mindset...imagine people judging others based on who they are, and not random attributes...wild.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
34 pages and where is Partygirl?? She hasn't posted since page one. That girl knew how to start a raging fire and did not need to be present to keep it going.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadBLACK

You realize generalizing and speaking negatively about an entire class of people (elders) is actually bigotry, right?

Isn't it ironic...dontcha think

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BanMePlz

Oh, and I guess we made you all think you are totally not responsible for your own actions also????

Please! Get your heads out of the TV, Turn off Jersey Shore, And get a clue!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by OLD HIPPY DUDE
I can't believe people are still ranting on this thread.

Ah, it's just the two suicide trollers.
The one's who don't read what they have already posted,
and fail to realize that a lot of what they have said is already being removed
for violations of the Terms & Conditions, like personal attacks, and horrendous language.

Let em keep burning up all their fuel.

David Grouchy

Actually...if you think about it

Its friday night
They are young
They are spending their friday night bickering with people on the internet verses being social.

That to me is the most worrying thing.

Partygirl at least has the youthful sense to not be in on a friday night...she is out partying right now!!! DAMN YOU PARTYGIRL!!!!

lulz

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I am waiting in eager anticipation to see the little red warning flags pop up on Mr. Black's avatar as he's become very popular for having his bigoted, ironic, hypocritical and aggressive trolling comments removed.

If we are lucky, soon after this thread will be locked or at least less one troll. Please can we discuss more important things on ATS than giving 35 pages and counting to one person feeding fuel to the ignorance fire?

By the way, TPTB left you a note:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by righteousxcore
As a species is challenged it adapts and evolves. I believe we will see the time when our species is challenged, I also believe we have all the tools necessary to continue on and flourish. Now if we can just [color=lightpink]get some extra-terrestrial input.

And if the aliens land in their magnificent craft,
they disembark and they are all really really old.
What then? It takes a long long while to travel between the stars.
Even at the speed of light.

I would be impressed if the entire alien movement began to realize
that the older wiser aliens they are looking for, but
don't quite understand are already here.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

"Whats that one saying about a pot and a kettle, one calls one of them black or something? Someone over 40 help me out?" quote from above.

Originally posted by Brown Bear

Sorry Mate, but the "help me out" part really [color=salmon]throws me. Haven't you realized yet that the [color=salmon]Oldsters already aren't helping you out? Further, do you have any reason to expect that the [color=salmon]Oldsters will "help" you in the future? Not likely.

We're not talking 20's and 30's, but four generations which have [color=salmon]failed to take advantage of what was offered; and surely their children aren't going to do any [color=salmon]batter either, and probably do much worse. It's a [color=salmon]downward spiral so that even if todays children [color=salmon]aspired to be more, there's no one to [color=salmon]bring them up to higher standards even if they [color=salmon]knew how to ask. Which they clearly don't.

The sheer number of buzzwords in this quote is staggering.
They used to call this mixing metaphores and it is
a signature of poor thinking.

I'm getting a clearer picture of what is going on here.
This isn't about rule by youth, it's about rule by emotions.
Emotions have no buisness ruling us. They are here to serve us. Not for us to serve them.
If an emotion rises above one's heart, it is out of control. Emotional thinking is dangerous.

In the east this is well known.
Why do you think so many Anime characters are shown unleashing their power
through the expression of angry emotions. These are viewed as cautionary tales over there.
The fact that western kids aspire to be like that is just hillarous to the east.
I mean in Naruto they even admit he has a demon.

David Grouchy
edit on 14-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well, the problem is painting things in generalities. Someone sees a few examples and then postulates that everything is the same way.

It's like saying everyone from the American heartland is an ignorant, fearful and pissed-off racist... which while true in the broader statistical sense, is nevertheless wrong on an individual basis.

The problem with people is that they aren't relative, or general enough. They probably should try to deal with individuals or situations as they are, not as past examples have shown, because there are always exceptions.

Especially when you consider that your opinions and even thoughts originate from others and where the hell did they get theirs?

Opinions are easy to obtain and facts are pretty hard to come by, but we should strive to find them... probably.
Human consciousness is like a long game of "telephone" (which was an ancient game where people whisper a phrase from one to the next until it is usually mangled) with very little first hand information... but I could be wrong.

One thing I do know for sure is that most every human I've met is mostly an idiot, regardless of age. I know I am.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by SaturnFX

respect is earned.

No, respect is lost. Do you start initially disrespectful of a person and let them try to earn it off of you? no...of course not. you initially respect someone and visa versa and depending on the circumstances after that, it may be lost.

The "respect is earned" line is absolutely false...its monkey thinking.

I never fail to like your posts SaturnFX,
and this one is just amazing.
Quite a valuable come back.
I'm going to use it myself.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
The solution would be for nobody in major power to be over 30. Maybe you could make a few exeptions, but basically after 30, that's it. You retire or become a "consultant" or "advisor" maybe. (I'm only talking about positions of real power here --

Heaven help us.

Im 30 and am just recently waking up to the fact that we need those who are seasoned in life to guide us.

Only twenty-somethings in power?? Are you kidding? Thats like letting all the toddlers in a daycare center run the place. Can you imagine it? All the adults sitting back unable to prevent the inevitable chaos..."No little Jimmy, you shouldnt put that fork in the light socket, but the decision is yours sweetie."

Most twenty-somethings care more about American-Idol or equally stupid television programming more than they even care about voting, much less anything else about politics, finance, foreign relations, etc.

Thank God the framers of our society saw the need for the wisdom of age and created stipulations to ensure it would always be there.

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join