It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Originally posted by korathin
Look at the music most Gen Y guy's listen to, does it have more in common with Kiss/ACDC/Areosmith/Metallica or Alanis Morissette?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
EDIT:i was labeled a prick waaay before you came on here so i might as well act like one, seeing as i am in way to deep now

edit on 13-5-2011 by DeadBLACK because: (no reason given)

Well, by all means, if someone else labeled you, then you should be just that...after all, free will and individuality is overrated.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
ugg ew, I hated the music of the 90's, the clothing and styles too, but again I grew up on the south side of Chicago where the new in thing was gang banger fashion and I listened to Frank Sinatra and wore preppy clothes, in other words I didnt fit in, and I hate everything about the 90's from when they thugged out bugs bunny to when grunge was cool and it was ok to look like you never bathed, OMG thanks for the memories.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

lol..o..k..?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I am basically talking about the feel of the music. Not so much the actuality of it, but the underlining message of it. Like is Gen Y male music uplifting or a kind of consoling(almost grieving) depressive type music.

Yes
to both...you have both types in general..
going with just male artistry then...any specific genre? Rock? Rap? Pop? Country?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab

Originally posted by minkmouse
Whatever the heck happens I don't ever want my world run by people who don't know the difference between THEN and THAN! Nor do I want it run by anyone who doesn't know the difference between THERE, THEIR or THEY'RE....End rant

Tomato tomato, potato potato..wait that doesn't work on the internet since you cant hear me say it, yet you know what I mean, same thing goes for the stupid misspellings of words that shouldn't bother you that much

Sadly I find for me it disrupts the flow of communication. Sure, I may know what you mean but if English wasn't my first language I could drop the ball. How much decay can we deal with? Anyway, it was my little rant, could have happened in any thread I was viewing at the time. Think of it as a digital sneeze

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by minkmouse

than god bless you, now move on
EDIT: the world doesnt need people putting down other people on such things as spelling

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

I am basically talking about the feel of the music. Not so much the actuality of it, but the underlining message of it. Like is Gen Y male music uplifting or a kind of consoling(almost grieving) depressive type music.

Yes
going with just male artistry then...any specific genre? Rock? Rap? Pop? Country?

Rock(rap is a whole different destructive type) generally speaking.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

rap in general i guess hey? i hate rap,but immortal technique and jedi mind tricks etc, rap about some pretty interesting things...

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by hapablab
ugg ew, I hated the music of the 90's, the clothing and styles too, but again I grew up on the south side of Chicago where the new in thing was gang banger fashion and I listened to Frank Sinatra and wore preppy clothes, in other words I didnt fit in, and I hate everything about the 90's from when they thugged out bugs bunny to when grunge was cool and it was ok to look like you never bathed, OMG thanks for the memories.

Wait...what?!?!

OMG, Blasphemy!
90's is when music went from trash 80s to actually decent music!

I could post more...NIN, Coldplay (granted, late 90s/2k, but still)

90s music scene was brilliant...too many people think 90s=nirvana only, nope...there was some absolutely fantastic and meaningful music coming from the scene.

Still is mind you, but now its sort of becoming a bit commercial again like the 80s sadly.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius
reply to post by Partygirl

I agree!!!!

.[color=yellowgreen]I am pushing 70 and my generation has ruined this Nation. I would love to see no one over 55 be permitted to vote again. My generation is a scared group of bigoted buffoons. Without us, there would be no radical conservatism or Tea Party (such as it is). We are owed nothing. PLEASE let my generation die off fast.

I suspect deception here.
The linquistics of this quote
do not read in the language patterns of the 60+
For instance "bigoted buffoons" is a more modern term.

David Grouchy

link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

couldnt put it any better

link   

than god bless you, now move on
EDIT: the world doesnt need people putting down other people on such things as spelling

Please forgive me your nobleness, Had I known you represented the world, I would have brought a gift!

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yes

Rock(rap is a whole different destructive type) generally speaking.

Got a massive variety in there also.
What do -you- listen to? I donno...generation y..hmm...do you listen to VNV nation? Good Charlotte? Sick Puppy? Papa Roach? its a pretty extensive list and rock is a very very broad catagory to begin with.

Also, the comparison list is very narrow...your asking to identify a massive field with a select few comparison bands, most of which are basically metal except for Alanis, whom is more like erm...pop rock with some surburbia appeal

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

quit looking for something that isnt there, your just trying to be difficult, its "closes-minded" people like you that stand in the way with your wanting of evidence and what not,all your "intelligent quips and jibes" trying to make people look dumb, your old therefor your of no more use to anyone, go away

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

now your acting like a child

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

quit looking for something that isnt there, your just trying to be difficult, its "closes-minded" people like you that stand in the way with your wanting of evidence and what not,all your "intelligent quips and jibes" [color=lightpink]trying to make people look dumb, your old therefor your of no more use to anyone, go away

"You have done that yourself! " ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by davidgrouchy

quit looking for something that isnt there, your just trying to be difficult, its "closes-minded" people like you that stand in the way with your wanting of evidence and what not,all your "intelligent quips and jibes" trying to make people look dumb, your old therefor your of no more use to anyone, go away

lol walk around don't try to go through them.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

i dont speak in cryptics or riddles, i just come out and say it, you too, shaddap or say something worthwhile

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join