It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's time for the young to take over !

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadBLACK
reply to post by Kingalbrect79

and indeed that is what i've come to expect from people like you..your just as useless, live your lie ya sheep

HAHA BWAAHHHAHAA, whats funny is you think sheep hang out on this website.

Bah, Bah DeadBLACK sheep,
Have you any Wool?
Yes merry have I,
Three Bags full,
One for my master,
One for my Dame,
One for the little Boy
That lives down the lane.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

reply to post by hapablab

if there was a place that i could pay for people like you to get slapped because you think in only one frame of mind, than id gladly pay that two cents, but there isnt, and in this day in age, ill save my money thanx

You would pay for a woman to be slapped?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadBLACK

I never called you lazy or any other name. I try to use other ways to articulate my feelings, something I learned through life experience...

edit on 13-5-2011 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

well, some peoples comments do point to sheep.....especially this website, and i came here because i thought most people hated the way things are going, seems to me that we have no choice but to just accept it the way it is...pretty frightning

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
reply to post by Doublemint

I think the reason you are not seeing anyone attempting to offer any help to the younger generation relative to this thread is because, the thread itself is dividing the generations and pitting them against each other.

Stating the younger generation is so much better than the older generation and claiming to be able to run the world unequivocally better than the people who are now, in large part, running the country.

No one asked for help to show the way, they claimed not to need it. No one asked for the wisdom to be passed to them, they claimed to not desire it. No one asked for the knowledge be taught to them, they claimed to know it.

edit on 13-5-2011 by esteay812 because: (no reason given)

I understand they were attatcked and not asked for help. but how they reacted puts them in the same thinking of the younger people who attatck them to begin with. its just sad.

both sided have things to work on and we are going to have to meet somewhere in the middle if anything is really to happen.

but i have now asked so don't be afaird to help anymore.

Edit: this is why asked for people to calmly think about it because thats the only way to have clear thoughts in my experince.
edit on 13-5-2011 by Doublemint because: (no reason given)

link   

see, now your just seeing what you wanna see and your gonna see me for only that, of course not...get real, you know what i mean, open your mind and stop labeling people tree hugging liberals or whatever it is you hate about "tree huggers"

link   
reply to post by esteay812

than your ways are inadeuate because you fit in with the people who just wont see it any other way...

EDIT:meant to say inadequate.
edit on 13-5-2011 by DeadBLACK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Doublemint

I understand what you are saying, but I am not sure you will get any advice in this thread in particular, simply because the conversation seems to be a bit... inflamed at the moment. You might consider starting a new thread, as a sort of response/alternative to this thread.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doublemint
Can everyone stop and thinking calmly about what has been said in this thread just for a moument. You would then realize there are some major problems on both sides. So people understand were I'm coming from I'm in the 20-30 range.

I am getting tiered of being told what to do by you, by the governments, by our parents. I want to break free but not just of phisical chains, but emotional, and mentally I want to soar out into the world and grab it by the horns. And I do think I deserve so much of this and that but that is the feeling that will actually allow us to go out do something and not stay "in a basement" as some have called it. We have to do something while we are fearless because if we were to wait till we have the wisdom we will be complacent and satisfied with life as it is. We just have this feeling you know what its like you have been there help us mold it into a path and not just some scattered ideas.

As for the older range group I am deeply confused by you. You claim to be wise, and I'm not doubting you, but so many of you would make yourself apear very foolish in this thread, also why look at us and laugh at us because that will only turn are hearts more to stone be ever much more on breaking you down. How come you aren't adressing ways to help us or even just to calm us you must know something you say you have been were we are? Maybe the OP doesn't seem to be a person that would licsen but there are other young members you are also adressing when you talk about us and even more non-members. So I'm asking you to show us teach us or me if the others don't want to learn, but please don't make other turn away from unity. and this is what confuses me.

So, please everyone just stop and calmly think about what has been said in this read and lets see what magic mankind can make as a whole.

Dude(or Dudette) your talking about the baby boomers and older Gen X'ers. Woodstock and disco, woodstock and disco... + a million get rich quick pyramid schemes from the 80's to now...(really gullible and idiotic generations)

They already broke the social compact twice. Once when they rebelled themselves against their parents and again when they sold out their children. Granted some in the generation aren't bad folks, but the vast majority are scum. If your looking at a barrel of apples and all the ones you can see are rotten to the core is it even worth acknowledging the one apple that isnt? No, you throw the whole lot out.

They aren't even wise. There a generation of town idiots, with God knows how many diseases from their hedonism. I find it funny that now that their hair is greying and they are nearing retirement they demand respect(P.S respect is earned! and you louts didn't earn it).

All the old guy's who sold us out so they could use their economic power from being older and the last vestiges of "male" power to score a young chick.

All the old women that called for the annihilation/mass enslavement of men + pushed for the current female dominated society now all of a sudden are trying to either want to be treated respectful as the "little old lady" or spending thousands on cosmetic surgeries so they can try and land a younger guy(that they helped to dis empower and make life miserable for).

The sheer hypocrisy of it all would be laughable if it didn't make me want to puke. The older generations are intentionally trying to hold us down with this engineered depression, like some messed Stephen King novel.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
OP, how can you expect respect from any older member here? Everyone in their youth thinks they have the world by the tail until they have lived in it long enough. Sooner or later, they realize that the world around them is far more complex and difficult than they originally thought. When you are older, you will feel pretty foolish for the things you are thinking and feeling today. Never exclude your elders, you will be one some day and then what?

link   

see, now your just seeing what you wanna see and your gonna see me for only that, of course not...get real, you know what i mean, open your mind and stop labeling people tree hugging liberals or whatever it is you hate about "tree huggers"

You know it was funny, and any hoo I don't like when people think they know something and then try to make you listen to them by stopping you, asking you to sign something and then try to tell you why your car, or "Carbon footprint" is polluting the earth, hence why I made the young feminine boy tear up in front of his college, friends and the entire 2nd floor of the Willis Tower when I took him on with that "carbon footprint" schmeal, That my dear in my eye is a tree hugging dirty little liberal who has a dirty liberal tree hugging hippie as his teacher, so hopefully I managed to spare us from another Al Gore Man Bear Pig from spewing more garbage into our ears.
edit on 13-5-2011 by hapablab because: edit the for reason your what?

link   

If I had the answer, I would probably be a rich consultant. I'm kind of surprised since kids are so much into games, that the computer industry hasn't created a library of fun interactive educational games that incorporate math, science, social studies, English and other academic studies at the high school level. But than again, kids like that fast pace shoot up type of game, and when they have to stop and think to go onto another level, it may not hold their interests.

Until they can put on some electronic helmet and all the education they need could be downloaded into their brains, they will still need to have that self motivated spark to learn. The spark in my generation was fear of being paddled, grounded, or having the teacher or principal call my parents.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The young what a joke, is not that why the educational institutions now make money out of selling certifications for about everything, the real world that the young live in, was built by people who did not have or need bits of paper to state that they could clean a toilet, they just did it.

Don't get me wrong many of the old people are narrow minded and were bought up on the wrong beliefs, however they were at least capable and hardy. The young wouldn't stand a chance if it comes to intelligence, survival and ability compared to an older person. Most people I have met under 35 are quiet inept and rather thick when it comes to the real things, and no I am not talking about technologies, your play station or computer will not get a car or cow out of the bog.

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I am afraid you are wrong. I constantly look at different ways of thinking and ideas I have never studied before. Thankfully I have the good common sense to know when to not take a step backward, when I can take a step forward - unless I am standing on a cliff. Just another thing that life experience can teach people, except those who are born with that knowledge... possibly the indigos?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

alright, than im wrong, i am always learning and try to see it diff ways to, but that all sounds good doesnt it? who really has the balls to take a stand though? and how would you come about doing so?

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
.It's time for the old to endorse the young

[[color=gold] WARNING: this thread contains several toxic materials. A plot twist twards the end. A surprise ending. And massive massive ego. Please wear appropriate protective gear and goggles before reading . Thank you.]

Instead of letting another round of generation wars prevent us from making the future we want, perhaps the people over thirty should start endorsing the young who are doing things that we do want.

60's kids rebelled against their parents, and it didn't work.
70's kids rebelled against their institutions, and it didn't...
80's kids rebelled against their country, and it...
90's kids rebelled against the world, and...
The millenials rebelled ...

ecetera,
ad nauseum.

How about this.
Instead of allowing the media to play us against each other and frighten us into our respective little marketing categories with simplistic us vs. them thinking; why don't we endorse the new generation. Inexperience and all. It has the merit of never having been tried before, and it could very well foster a trust that has never existed before.

For instance, back in the day I ran a rather popular guild on a world of warcraft server called Silver Hand. The Guild was called Dust. I played an undead warlock called Deq. It was the first guild by that name in the history of the game. There have been many made on other servers since then. But I did an interesting thing.

One of the younger, more ambitious, members had rerolled horde to join us and was asking me over ventrillo if he could redesign the guild logo. I said sure, and I'll do you one better. Here take guild leadership so you can tweek the logo as much as you want. He was excstatic! Really went to town on the logo. Started braggin about the guild log on the forums. Guild membership started climbing.

Then he booted the player who was providing our ventrillo server for free, over an agument. And the same week Blizzard announced that free server transfers off the server were being offered to over-populated servers like ours. He took the entire guild to The Scryers server. Three other guilds that I had spent two years building close relationships with, followed suit, cause after all Dust was going.

So there I was alone on the old Silver Hand server and only one person I knew still remained. By the time I told people, it was too late. Hundreds had transfered over. On top of this another, more agressive younger guild member, had beaten the kid over there and had control of the Dust guild name already.

I smiled. I empowered the worlds first guild ninja. He ninja'd an entire guild. That I could add to my resume of guild firsts. And I got a real clear look at what empowering the young will do. It showed me who they really are.

They are a vain, greedy, cruel generation.
I went over to the new server, took their power from them, and I cast them out.

A late returnee proclaimed later on the guild forums "out of all the guilds I was ever in, you guys were the best. I've never seen any other guild do things together like Dust" Another member replied "Dust died." The young think they know where the power is, they think that badges and titles and digital control is real. They have no idea what it takes for the soul of one human being to trust another. And when given the chance to rule, the young will show everyone how little they really understand.

After that I brought the soul of the world to ATS, in 2008.
World of warcraft is slowly decaying, and ATS is growing.
It is no surprise to me that the young are starting to show up here and demand control again.

Well too bad for you.
Skeptecism rules here.
And that is something that you cannot ninja.

David Grouchy

Let the hatred of ego begin!
Muah, muah
haha!

edit on 13-5-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So you know what the young man told me later? He said that he was teaching me a lesson about being in control. I told him, social groups come and go. Who you are will remain. Ask any younger person who has played WoW about ninjas. They speak of them with reverence and awe. Hasn't anyone noticed that the bad riots here, and in the UK feature youngsters with dark hoods, or cloth hiding their faces.

The young don't want to rule. They just want to teach someone a lesson.

David Grouchy

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

dang it all to Origimar my card expired today and now I want to play,

thanks,
sincerely loyal WoW player since Jan of 05 and lvl 85 mage

posted on May, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

"why don't we endorse the new generation. Inexperience and all. It has the merit of never having been tried before, and it could very well foster a trust that has never existed before."

exactly

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join