It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Content Forum(s)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I'm sure that I'm not the only one that would appreciate a Canadian Content and perhaps even a separate Canadian Politics Forum.

Canadians weren't the only ones following the recent Canadian elections and I am finding that a lot of Americans are truly interested in what the Northerners are doing and how it may or not have an impact on the US. We are all concerned about the Border Issues, Dollar Exchange, Military, Gas and Food Prices etc.

I think it would benefit US members as well. It would be an opportunity to learn more about what Canadians are thinking and doing regarding the content on ATS.

One more point is that it seems the NAU is going to be a done deal with Harper giving the go-ahead. A Canadian Forum would allow Canadians to weigh in on the topic and allow Americans a direct link to our views on other topics that effect us both.

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
While I get the point for your idea, there are more than just Americans and Candadians here. We would have to have a forum for every country respresented by our membership and that would become too huge, IMO. We would need a UK, German, Austrailian, New Zeland and the list goes on of large nationalities represented here

edit on May 11th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I agree with green. There would be a need for all the other countries.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
(waives hand)
picl me pick me .i say we up the anti. i live new england where is our fourm?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
While I get the point for your idea, there are more than just Americans and Candadians here. We would have to have a forum for every country respresented by our membership and that would become too huge, IMO. We would need a UK, German, Austrailian, New Zeland and the list goes on of large nationalities represented here

It might not be a bad idea to have some of those forums but I see your point.

The reason I suggest the Canadian Forum is that we are so connected. Not just geographically. But we are also very different.

Everyday there is something that is effecting both of us. Whether it be the border issues, NAU, Oil and even weather. EQ's won't be separated by the border either.

Anyway, I just thought it could be easier for Americans to search out Canadian content as we can with the US.

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
We should. Along with a UK, Aussie/New Zealand maybe a few others that are represented here in force.

Yes, there would have to be a line, but there is already US forums. I get that's because the site is based here in the states, but lets not leave out our brothers and sisters.

Also, it would allow for members to more easily concentrate on the subject matters that interest them most.

Why not use that fancy schmancy new poll thing that clutters up our web pages to find if members want it or not? Seems like a better use than the current topic.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2
We should. Along with a UK, Aussie/New Zealand maybe a few others that are represented here in force.

Yes, there would have to be a line, but there is already US forums. I get that's because the site is based here in the states, but lets not leave out our brothers and sisters.

Also, it would allow for members to more easily concentrate on the subject matters that interest them most.

Why not use that fancy schmancy new poll thing that clutters up our web pages to find if members want it or not? Seems like a better use than the current topic.

A poll would be a great way to get a reading on what the members want.

A Forum for other Countries with a significant number of members represented could be an asset. Maybe set a certain number of members from a Country as a marker for that Country to get their own forum.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I would love to see a Canadian Forum dedicated to Canada politics and Issues so like everything else the people from the United States can take it over, dominate it, and start making the rules for it!

Practice makes perfect!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Its not a bad idea...but the issue is indeed, we have several nations involved. It would be quite unfair to only have the US and Canada represented in the political realm...and that would also create a wee bit more segregation, which, if we are indeed looking for greater understanding, perhaps only focusing on the ongoings of your own nation as a primary focus would congeal into tunnel vision IMO.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
Its not a bad idea...but the issue is indeed, we have several nations involved. It would be quite unfair to only have the US and Canada represented in the political realm...and that would also create a wee bit more segregation, which, if we are indeed looking for greater understanding, perhaps only focusing on the ongoings of your own nation as a primary focus would congeal into tunnel vision IMO.

Agreed,

On the other hand, if it were a member count goal, for example 10,000 members from your Country gets a new forum it could be a positive thing.

Not only that but I think it would be an asset to be able to view a forum from say, Ireland. See what their take on a certain current event is without having to scour the net.

It could bring in more people as well if they see a forum dedicated to their Country.

But I do see your point.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

So just the US gets it's own political forum??
Figures...

How about a Commonwealth Political Forum ??

That would cover Canada the UK , Australia and New Zealand..
And obviously a few others..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I would suggest that perhaps there be regional forums, depending on the number of members from that region. Maybe there are enough users just for the US Political Forum, but there might only be an "Asian Political Forum", or a "Europe Political Forum" etc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Figures...

I agree with this point as the US and Canadian Politics are so intertwined and getting more so everyday.

It would be nice to have at least a Canadian Political Forum as many Americans don't know much about Canadian Politics. They should tho, it's getting to a point that will affect us all.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by LS650
I would suggest that perhaps there be regional forums, depending on the number of members from that region. Maybe there are enough users just for the US Political Forum, but there might only be an "Asian Political Forum", or a "Europe Political Forum" etc.

Nice approach.

I think the US Political could be fused with a North American Political Forum. Split in 2 maybe?

It's easy to tune into the US Politics Forum as it is, but a Canadian Thread gets buried and there are a lot of Canadians here.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Figures...

There are political forums for all countries to post in:

Regional Politics

Above Politics

Political Ideology

Politicians & People

Political Issues

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Ahh yeah..Me bad...

I was looking at US Political Madness...
That seems to get a lot of the attention..

And isn't there a forum for the 2012 elections ?
That's just the US also...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Ahh yeah..Me bad...

I was looking at US Political Madness...
That seems to get a lot of the attention..

And isn't there a forum for the 2012 elections ?
That's just the US also...

2012 US Elections
US Political Madness

There is a dead thread on Canada placed in Regional Politics as proving my point on other Nation's Politics getting buried. There's one for UK Politics in the Regional Politics Forum as well but it's also dead. If people can't find it, it dies.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

why canada ? apart from thier shared border with USA ?? there are 10 nations with greater population and ecconomy

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

If there were to be specific political forums for countries other than the US, then it should be tied to user demographics as per Quantcast.

That would be the UK first and then Canada

edit on 11/5/11 by masqua because: bb code fix

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by jude11

why canada ? apart from thier shared border with USA ?? there are 10 nations with greater population and ecconomy

I don't believe the population and economy should be the reason here. The reason for my suggestion is quite simple. We are so much the same, yet still so different and we are being forced to look at North America as a Union that is happening whether we like it or not.

Also,

1. Without knowing for sure, I will guess that Canadians make up significant number of ATS members. Correct me if I'm wrong on this one MODS.

2. We have issues that we both share such as the NAU, Border Militarization, Shared Water, Fishing, Forests, Farming, Minerals, Pharma etc.

3. Our Govts. are closely tied, our Police Forces, Military, Coast Guard etc.

4. A huge topic of discussion on the annexation of Canada is ongoing and picking up steam. For this one reason it would be an asset to both sides to have an area in order to get a read on what Canadians and Americans are thinking. A Canadian post gets lost in these Threads.

Thanks

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join