It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Qaida Warns Americans Of Revenge

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
For starters, to those who have made claim that the term Al Qaida is a "term" that was created by way of propaganda by any government, to give to organized Muslim extremists, you need to do some serious reading. Bin Laden himself created the "term" back in the 70's as a focal point for their anti-soviet freedom fighting operations.

The Power of Nightmares (BBC Documentary)

The reality was that bin Laden and Ayman al-Zawahiri had become the focus of a loose association of disillusioned Islamist militants who were attracted by the new strategy. But there was no organization. These were militants who mostly planned their own operations and looked to bin Laden for funding and assistance. He was not their commander. There is also no evidence that bin Laden used the term "al-Qaeda" to refer to the name of a group until after September the 11th, when he realized that this was the term the Americans had given it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

To the OP, I am one of the staunch anti-religious fellows who see religion as nothing more than a thinly veiled call to arms. More atrocities indeed, have been committed in the name of organized religion (hmmmm organized religion, organized terror group, organized crime) than any other factor. Remove the element of organized religion and what would, in fact, be the fight....think about that.

The fight would be economic.

You are confusing, apparently, the way the fight is sold to the masses with the underlying motive. Power and greed. So one leader motivates his people with "Catholicism" one with "Islam" another with "The Homeland" and still another with "Freedom and Democracy."

Eliminating ONE form of packaging with which war is sold to the masses does nothing to eliminate demand for the product, or other packaging.

The reason war exists is because we believe in "growth" and "more" as an economic strategy. As long as one group seeks "more" for themselves than is available in their own nation state, there will be war. Whether it is because they need more land to feed and house a growing population, or more resources of other kinds for the production of goods and services so that a stable population can have more stuff, as long as we pursue growth, we will have war.

Because even in the animal kingdom this is what you see when one groups growth outstrips its resources and they begin to infringe on new territory to maintain their growth strategy. You see in intra and inter species.

Fixating on religion is short sighted and superficial thinking. We in America are not pushing war in the packaging of religion, we are pushing it in the packaging of "democracy," or "capitalism." Its still the same old product with a new label slapped on it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

You are confusing, apparently, the way the fight is sold to the masses with the underlying motive. Power and greed. So one leader motivates his people with "Catholicism" one with "Islam" another with "The Homeland" and still another with "Freedom and Democracy."

I'm not confusing anything. This is the case as it exists NOW, not what would happen if it were changed.

Eliminating ONE form of packaging with which war is sold to the masses does nothing to eliminate demand for the product, or other packaging.

Of course not, I agree. But right now the packaging is religion, Islamic radicals versus everyone else. What would Islamic radicals fight be without religion as their instrument of war to begin with?

The reason war exists is because we believe in "growth" and "more" as an economic strategy. As long as one group seeks "more" for themselves than is available in their own nation state, there will be war. Whether it is because they need more land to feed and house a growing population, or more resources of other kinds for the production of goods and services so that a stable population can have more stuff, as long as we pursue growth, we will have war.

That may be true in REALITY, but it is not how it is being addressed by these radicals.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by DerbyCityLights

I completely agree with you...I will never turn to a terrorist for help. My country may be run by liars and cheaters and thieves, but it's still America, and to the American people, this country still stands for freedom. We will stand united against anyone who tries to take us down!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There will not be an attack. There will be ATTACKS. They will be soft targets as terrorists do not take on an armed foe. Look for major holidays and sporting events as their next targets. These are nasty folk and could care less about who they kill, just as long as they kill and continue to erode our way of life. The world is a changing. And not for the better.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Of course not, I agree. But right now the packaging is religion, Islamic radicals versus everyone else. What would Islamic radicals fight be without religion as their instrument of war to begin with?

Really? And Americans are going to war to serve Allah? Or to spread "democracy" and "freedom" and against "Islam?" It is the fact that right now we are pursuing war being labeled and sold with a new label. America is too ethnically and religiously diverse to use the God ploy successfully, so we have our own version. Nationalim, "USA, USA!" and our desire to spread "democracy" at the end of a gun. Such as in Libya.

That may be true in REALITY, but it is not how it is being addressed by these radicals.

You dont cure a disease by focusing on the symptoms. You look for the cause and treat that. Reality matters. And if we claim we want to end war and violence, we need to consider seriously if spreading an aggressive growth economy around the world will or can ever achieve those ends.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

Well, it makes sense that bin Laden and the Al Qaeda organization would have a
contingency plan. If Osama gets assassinated, then wait 1 month and attack the
USA again.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Really? And Americans are going to war to serve Allah?

Hmmmm did I make mention of Americans here? I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm thinking my words were along the line of Islamic radicals in this case. That could be Americans, or Iranians, or Syrians, take your pick.

You dont cure a disease by focusing on the symptoms. You look for the cause and treat that. Reality matters. And if we claim we want to end war and violence, we need to consider seriously if spreading an aggressive growth economy around the world will or can ever achieve those ends.

I'm not making any claims that anyone wants to end violence at all. In fact, I doubt that VERY highly.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Hmmmm did I make mention of Americans here? I'm pretty sure I didn't. I'm thinking my words were along the line of Islamic radicals in this case. That could be Americans, or Iranians, or Syrians, take your pick.

You have to overlook WHY "Islam" is waging war on the west to do what you are doing. We have been intervening in the Mid East for much longer than they have been waging war on us in the name of Allah. The targets chosen for 9-11 are an example of their motives. Economic, military, and political targets. Not churches. We go there and wage economic war, and you actually believe they should do nothing to stop it? Why? Would we do that if someone came here and began spreading their brand of growth? Like Communism?

Im not saying you need to agree with them and their methods. Im saying understand that this did not come out of nowhere. The "west" was not minding its own business and Allah declared war. The west was waging economic and political war there, and those being warred on are fighting back under the banner of Allah as a way to unite a historically very divided people.

I'm not making any claims that anyone wants to end violence at all. In fact, I doubt that VERY highly.

The why get upset if violence is promoted under the auspices of religion? If you like the product, or at least accept the product, why get upset about the marketing for the product? What does it really matter if war is promoted by religion or some political banner? Its still war. It still has the same human cost.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Wasn't the world made a 'Safer Place' after Osama was reportedly "Killed"...

Wasn't that rubbish being 'Sold' to America... 'Safer Now'..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
oh so Obama will destroy the Statue of Liberty now? or the empire state?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just came from santas workshop, Do you have any idea how hard it is to outfit a missle to santa's sleigh?

The Al Qaida imaginary terrorists were not working as hard as us elves would like them to... They apparently dont like christmas for some reason..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I believe you are woefully wrong on the point of the “West” waging war on the Islamic world. Truth be told, if you knew your history, you might see differently.

Islam has always held that their way is the best way…in the name of Allah. Just like Jim Jones, a cult. If you don’t get with our program, we’ll weed you out is their way of thinking. Is Christianity, Judaism, Hindu or Buddhism any better? Yes, because they have learned the lessons of the past and toned it down. Less war like.

But I see that you are a selective student of history. The Barbary war was against Islamic pirates. Islam has, and do not deny, that still, to this day use slaves. The spoils of war, so to speak. You do however recognize the basic tenets for conducting war. Economic, military, and political targets are all valid and viable targets when conducting combat operations. This has all been written down by various Military strategists from Sun Tzu to Gen. Petraeus.

However, not churches? Have you looked at recent developments in Iraq, Nigeria, Pakistan…well, just about any Islamic majority country? They are constantly burning down churches and killing/maiming the congregation. Please, quit apologizing for terrorists. They are not freedom fighters in any sense. They are power hungry dogs.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I hereby officially call them out, I am calling their bluff.

Bring it on, cowards!!!
edit on 11-5-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Im a very good student of history. Which is why I know that "our way of life is the best" is not limited in any way to religion. Religion is very useful in certain times and certain places. Its not universally the best marketing plan. Communism spread without it, capitalism has gone back and forth, and now our "religion" is democracy. Which is just a label, there is no underlying desire for governments that really reflect the will of the majority of the people, either here or abroad.

Im not sympathizing with terrorists, and you are displaying your ignorance for even suggesting it. Nothing in any of my arguments in this thread suggest that I have a preference for one side over the other. And there is a reason for that. I dont. Which is why the core of my argument is, we are all playing the same game. We just market it differently to different audiences.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I agree with you. I don't believe you were suggesting that you sympathize with terrorists.

But you absolutely misinterpret everything I've said, that is a certainty. I said that the more atrocities and war has been waged in the NAME of religion, not BECAUSE of religion. In the name of it.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

But you absolutely misinterpret everything I've said, that is a certainty. I said that the more atrocities and war has been waged in the NAME of religion, not BECAUSE of religion. In the name of it.

I apologize if that is the case.

I may have misinterpreted your intent with this line.

Remove the element of organized religion and what would, in fact, be the fight....think about that.

I interpreted that to mean you felt there would be no fight without the religion, and I can see how you could have meant to point instead to the underlying driver, which in broken down, is always about resources. Land, people, oil, water, food, money, etc.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Ok -- So bring it already.
I am tired of the waiting

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Chipkin9

There is no such thing as al-Qaeda, This is nothing but pure propaganda to lock down the police-state we already live in a little tighter. Chuck Schumer is leading the way here in NY.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by Chipkin9

Al Qaida warns Americans of revenge

It feels good to know the CIA is threatening us.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join