It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Could be irrigation, could also not be
I think the location is more important than studying the structure from aerial view

It's in the desert and is underground
A desert is the most unlikely place to get flooded if a massive global flood ever occurs

Stay underground during the flood, and if this is for a flood then it's the fear of a massive global one since it's in the desert

Also the fact that they are not hidden means they are perhaps still under construction

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I actually think they are used for evaporation and condensation of ground water...
...and the cone shape is so the condensed water can flow.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

They certainly are doing a good job irrigating the lands around them aren't they. With a few hundred of those puppies we could convert the Arizona desert into the Arizona Desert.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
reply to post by Threadfall

wow had to say that 9 times to get your point across ?

sorry you had lag there for that almost a record

------------------------------

It was stated buy someone in this thread who drives buy
them everyday to and from work that they are for water , irrigation
nothing odd about it.

What are the chances that someone from the area happens to be reading tis thread on this board? I do not beleive this. A longer post will follow later today when I ahev more time.

link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well MODS definitely can delete my extra posts. I would if I knew how and you could. Sorry for the multiple posts.

link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well MODS defitnitely can delete my extra posts. I would if I knew how and you could. Sorry for the multiple posts.

link   
After looking to day, I did some research and made a phone call - to a graphic design friend that's near by in the UAE. They are very deep water wells, with water storage, and irrigation all in one. If you lower-minded people look to the left in Google Maps you see clearly the older versions of the "DOMES". THE GRID IS CROP FIELDS - The dome is like a giant water pump - Ocean right down the road folks, also as they just built the largest man made structure right down the road too! Added about 1.7 to 2 million people.....

The pics are almost 4-6 years old in Google Maps, he said there is nothing more but vegetables and plant fields.

Mods Close this please, CASE CLOSED!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by troubleshooter
I actually think they are used for evaporation and condensation of ground water...
...and the cone shape is so the condensed water can flow.

it wouldn't be so sealed as it looks then though

think of a pressure cooker, steam comes out
there's no opening in that structure though in these pics

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I take it you have not read the whole thread then ?

not just some one who drives by it every day but also
others who were in that area

not everything is a conspiracy on a conspiracy site.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
Abu Dhabi is famous for it's massive irrigation projects and the greening of the desert.

Given the layout, surrounding features and what is known about the Country, I would say these have somethign to do with irrigation.

That said, I'm not the first to point that out.

Great theory! Everyone always associates terraforming with Mars and outer space. But maybe these domes are facilities that are being utilized on a much smaller scale terraforming. Anyone ever read Frank Herbert's Dune?...that's done to the desert planet Arrakis...turning it from a desolate desert to a planet with seas and green foliage. It's takes many generations to terraform Dune, but that was just a Sci Fi novel. Terraforming the UAE might be easier than we ever imagined, if you cared at all to ever imagine...which I did not.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
These are intriguing photos and I know this is a bit off topic but wanted to know if anyone else noticed this as well.
It is located about 3.5mi ESE off the bottom right corner of these fields. 24°38'51.58"N 55° 7'45.85"E
The more intriguing part is that it's pointing at what looks like an airport
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6fb6a9151c49.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

Well I've seen google cars before, this must be the new google blimp! lol

edit on 11-5-2011 by Alchemst7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

It's in the desert and is underground
A desert is the most unlikely place to get flooded if a massive global flood ever occurs

Elevation above sea level is what you'd want to be concerned about in a global flood scenario, not prevailing weather patterns or climate. I would not want to be in the UAE if that were to occur.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Are you kidding me? 124 flags, 17 pages of post and it's a water well for irrigation? Talk about a complete waste of time..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
looks to me as if they are missile silos

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I joined because of this thread, finally, been reading here for a long time. I cant really add to the theories of what or what purpose these are for but, when I worked in Afghanistan in '02 and '03 I heard a lot of off duty chatter from some of the c130 pilots who arrived from mid-east talking about the runways out in the desert that you couldn't see from the air. Something about having to completely trust their instruments on approach and at the last second runways becoming visible, in clear daylight. Whatever the methods or technology it's probably been deployed since the cold war when satellite surveillance grew by quantum leaps. I wonder if thats what were seeing where the roads appear to go right into the sand with no shadows from a tunnel opening.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by IncognitoGhostman

Yep I noticed that and was going to post it before you beat me to it. I really have no idea what it is but doesnt appear to be part of the ground terrain but more like a shadow of some sort ??.

Here are the coordinates for it

24°38'51.35"N 55° 7'45.60"E
edit on 11-5-2011 by fishwhisperer because: add coordinates

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I put my vote in for the eco city idea.. Sounds like something that would happen there. Meaning, more money floating around than brains..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
These structures aren't just water storage. They are a very ambitious "part" of a very large project that will service, orchards, a planned forest, a poultry farm, other farms and "growing" a barrier that is theorized to slow the growth of the desert.

POULTRY FARM
AL MAHA FOREST, SAIH AL SIDIRA
PRIVATE Dept. of HH.SHEIK ZAYED
M/S. RAS AL KALEEJ CONTRACTING & GEN. MAINT.

Abu Dhabi Water & Electricity Authority (ADWEA) - Water Supply to Bahya and Sadar

Water Transmission from Shuweihat pump station to Mirfa, Mussafah, and Unit IV pump stations. Through a 250KM of 1600mm dia twin pipeline .

Scope of work:

* Complete SCADA & Control package for the remote areas.
* Instrument installation
* Supply of 500m fiber optic cable

System included:

* 13 RTUs based on SIEMENS SIMATIC S7-300 system with software redundancy
* 13 Redundant OTNs (Open Transport Network). The OTNs run at a speed of 600Mbit/sec and are connected through fiber optic network

Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA). Shuweihat Water Transmission Scheme.

600 Km of fiber optic cable connecting four pumping stations for communicating data between the same stations.

- Abu Dhabi Water and Electricity Authority (ADWEA). Shuweihat Water Transmission Scheme.

Complete control package including design, supply, installation, commissioning and training for the complete scope. The control system involved using S7-300 with software redundant software. The SCADA parts cover 10 RTU’s connected to four pump stations using redundant fiber optic cable and OTN devices. The complete system runs at 600 Mbit/s speed.

Think of those buildings as control centers for a water super highway that will pass around through and in to multiple regions. These structures are pumping stations, control centers, communications centers, and switching stations all in one.

It is a very ambitious project. But seriously, you guys are marveling over some rather simple structures used for an irrigation project, and to you they are symbols, they are signs that there is too much technology at play in these water stations, when literally a couple hundred miles away this same government is paying to do stuff like THIS!!!

Seriously!! It's a giant palm tree harbor that is larger than most towns!!!

Priorities! Just because you want it to be something crazy, doesn't mean it is. Especially when something really crazy is just up the coast from it.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Butterbone because: picture worked.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In that part of the Arab desert near the sea they grow food in green houses.

One trick is to flood the floor of the green houses with sea water then as the salt water evaporates its run through a air chiller, Some the fresh water water trapped by the air chiller is then used to water plants.
and some is trapped and stored for use outside the green houses to drink or water orchards.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join