It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So is there a consensus yet on what they are? Seems to be trending that they're water containers...part of some larger UAE expansion...that area has been the epicenter for large, advanced engineering projects as of late...the burj khalifa, artificial archipelago, dozens of other skyscrapers, and--the last time I checked--an amusement park twice the size of Disneyworld (that alone would need huge amounts of fresh water, right?)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Underground fallout shelters seems plausible....

Or maybe an entrance to Hollow Earth.

edit on 11-5-2011 by Mercurio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Has anybody figured this out yet? Also, I'm guessing that road goes upwards... The shadow's on the slant's look like they're slanted 50-60 degrees maybe?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Everytime I try to go to the google maps coordinates people have posted, I just get a road

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Looks like some kind of container to me. That road goes up. In the event of an emergency I'd hate to go up just to go down. Looks like some kind of huge containers. Maybe holds water or gas.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Bunkers for the chosen ones (billionaires that hate the lower class/old money that hates everyone). You know, the 'best' of humanity.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

In addition to the annotations that I supplied in the image posted above, there are also a couple of things I am trying to consider:

1. The structure looks metallic - meaning it is not concrete, or perhaps a structure clad in metal. Considering that the structure is located in a very hot and dry desert, why use metal? There must be a reason for this. Good heat conduction properties perhaps? do they need it to be heavily armored? One thing is for sure - aesthetics is definitely not a factor to consider.

2. The structure has very few openings - if you want to consider light and air as a factor. Why so few then? I can only see two potential sources of ventilation. Is this for security purposes? Or perhaps they need to contain something from inside?

3. What possible purpose can it serve in context to its immediate surroundings? Is it near a village, town, or city? If so, why the proximity? If it is military in nature, will it make sense to locate it near a populated area? If it is industrial in nature, how will it affect or benefit a nearby populated area?

4. The ramp heading up the so-called dome looks like a two-way access. It was designed to accommodate a significant amount of vehicles at a time. Why?

5. The spiraling ramp/road circulation doesn't make sense in terms of entry and exit. It looks fairly easy to enter, but can you imagine a 10-wheeler truck turning back to make a U-turn and exit the ramp on its way down? Looks like it was designed to accommodate small to medium sized vehicles.

6. There doesn't seem to be a tower or a fairly high structure on top of it. The octagonal-shaped structure seems to be one or two storeys high. So the structure as a whole looks very tight and compact.

7. Is the area off-limits to civilians, or are people free to explore the place? Looks like it has the potential to attract tourists or curious heads.
edit on 12-5-2011 by smirnoffsky because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
These Disk are underground bunkers for the Elites....If Bill Gates can build them the so can the rest of the world Elites....are you getting ready for October, 2011?

www.sott.net...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Gee.. Kinda looks like giant horizontal covers for sewer pipes. Need a huge crescent wrench to unscrew the tops. Maybe this is the "Land of the Giants"!

-cwm

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
These are just desert storage vaults for crops and seeds. Like this one...

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

Download Google Earth and put in the coordinates. Then you will see it.

I had the same problem using Google maps.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
HEY EVERYBODY!

Is this a wartime area? if so
I would say surveillance towers. Hasn't anyone thought that yet. I would also say the beveled edge of the building would be to deflect incoming projectiles. the angle of the sides suggests that any bullet or projectile not precisely fired would be deflected above where the guards are stationed. the oddity of the sides might also suggest that they thinly covered by some sort of material to aid in either the deflection of projectiles or the strengthening of the sides to prevent penetration by some of the kinetic projectiles available.

My vote goes to linked surveillance towers.

That is a place that i would want to be if I was in a firefight on that terrain. They have a very military look to them.

surveillance is key and i wouldn't be surprised at all if those domes weren't self contained Surveillance MI's closely networked and linked under the sand.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Blazer

zoom out a little and youll see silver circles, then zoom back in to those silver circular objects. those, my friend, is what has captivated ATS for the day.

but here is GE Coords directly on top of one of them, so there should be no mistaking. (Copy/Paste into Google Eart/Map)

24 41'49.88"N 55 00'53.82"E

(If you are inputting those coords into Google Maps it WILL take you to a road marked A, however if you zoom all the way out youll see a green arrow, theres the location, it must just show you the closest landmark if its in the middle of a field? idk hope this helps!)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by reedbananaboat
HEY EVERYBODY!

Is this a wartime area? if so
I would say surveillance towers. Hasn't anyone thought that yet. I would also say the beveled edge of the building would be to deflect incoming projectiles. the angle of the sides suggests that any bullet or projectile not precisely fired would be deflected above where the guards are stationed. the oddity of the sides might also suggest that they thinly covered by some sort of material to aid in either the deflection of projectiles or the strengthening of the sides to prevent penetration by some of the kinetic projectiles available.

My vote goes to linked surveillance towers.

That is a place that i would want to be if I was in a firefight on that terrain. They have a very military look to them.

surveillance is key and i wouldn't be surprised at all if those domes weren't self contained Surveillance MI's closely networked and linked under the sand.

It is located inside a proposed national forest park in the United Arab Eremites. There is no combat, there is no conflict and there is no border to surveil.

Read between pages 12-14 in this thread. They are water distribution systems for a rather complex irrigation and re-forestation plan to slow the expansion of the desert and increase the value of properties.
It's actually very simple.

But you are right that they are networked. They will all be remotely controlled through software and redundancy software.
edit on 12-5-2011 by Butterbone because: addition

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I had a look on Google Earth and used Street View, the "Dome" is pretty flat.
I also had elevation at the max of 3 and it was still flat.
I went all around it from every direction up and down and sideways and it was still flat.

My opinion is that its just a house in the desert. The central hexagonal part is the house, it is only 41 metres across from side to side, so about 160m2 about the size of a 4 b4droom home.
The reason it looks like a dome is because of the spiral shape of the driveway.
And its only a driveway, not a road, has trees each side.

And the "metallic" part? its water

Those "grid lines" are bulldozed " roads", some have sand spilling over onto them. You also get those in the outback of Australia too.

To the NW near the edge of the grid, you can see other houses on elevated sand platforms, braqnching off from the fields of .... date palms??? olive trees????

Brilliant Architects, to make the spiral shape look 3D from the air

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Thanks butterbone

I looked a little deeper and is seems there are orchards or something nearby my original speculation is not very plausible.

But you must admit that would make one hell of a guard tower, no?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I'm not sure what these craters contain....
, oh wait I mean these domes could be used for anything, hang on... I mean craters, erm....

Seriously, is the concept of light and shadow lost on so many?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
I went all around it from every direction up and down and sideways and it was still flat.

Not positive if you are being serious or not, but if you are then-

No. It is not flat. The Street View of Google Earth is not available on every image of Google Earth. It is only available, if it is an area where they have actually been, and have taken photos from that view.

If they have not been there, with one of the specially modified vehicles with multiple attached cameras, then they cannot show the area from the street view.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
2012 bunkers built by the Elite perhaps?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy

My opinion is that its just a house in the desert. The central hexagonal part is the house, it is only 41 metres across from side to side, so about 160m2 about the size of a 4 b4droom home.
The reason it looks like a dome is because of the spiral shape of the driveway.
And its only a driveway, not a road, has trees each side.

And the "metallic" part? its water

Those "grid lines" are bulldozed " roads", some have sand spilling over onto them. You also get those in the outback of Australia too.

To the NW near the edge of the grid, you can see other houses on elevated sand platforms, braqnching off from the fields of .... date palms??? olive trees????

Brilliant Architects, to make the spiral shape look 3D from the air

There are several things wrong with your interpretation.

#1. There is no height data on these images in google earth. I build virtual worlds and simulations for a living. Trust me, the data you are implying is there, isn't. I would have to do a significant amount of image work to extrapolate an approximate height for those buildings to make 3D models of them. And I work with google earth data constantly grabbing runway and airfield data.
They look flat, because there is no vertical data to pull on the building itself. Topographical data shows minor elevation but nothing significant.

#2. Your assumption that is is a house. There are 6 other identical structures surrounding it, and 1 under construction, inside of a lattice that is more than likely buried pipelines and the root structure of an irrigation distribution system, alluded to by the multiple contracting firms that have long term projects in that location, for water distribution and irrigation.

#3. The mettalic sides are most definitely not water. I ...well I can't imagine how you cam to that conclusion. More than likely they are preformed concrete or metal slabs that fit into a framework that was built similarly to the one you can see under construction near the road.

#4. The reason the spiral shape looks 3D is because it's 3D. Is is a driveway to allow a vehicle to get to the top where the smaller building is sitting on top of what is most conceivably a water turbine housing in the ground and the smaller building is the control center. They are all supposed to be networked together and run from Abu Dahbi so that someone doesn't have to be on site. Can you imagine having to drive to that, park 60 meters away and walk to it constantly? The spiral drive is for service vehicles most probably.

At this point more and more people are going to look at the first image, then hit the Reply button, give their crazy off the cuff assumption, and walk away convinced they know the truth now about this underground missile silo alien comet bunker that leads to the secrets of hollow earth and the remains of atlantis.

So frustrating.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join