It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange 400 ft wide Metallic Domes buried in the desert (pics)

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzy
I had a look on Google Earth and used Street View, the "Dome" is pretty flat.
I also had elevation at the max of 3 and it was still flat.
I went all around it from every direction up and down and sideways and it was still flat.

My opinion is that its just a house in the desert. The central hexagonal part is the house, it is only 41 metres across from side to side, so about 160m2 about the size of a 4 b4droom home.
The reason it looks like a dome is because of the spiral shape of the driveway.
And its only a driveway, not a road, has trees each side.

And the "metallic" part? its water

Those "grid lines" are bulldozed " roads", some have sand spilling over onto them. You also get those in the outback of Australia too.

To the NW near the edge of the grid, you can see other houses on elevated sand platforms, braqnching off from the fields of .... date palms??? olive trees????

Brilliant Architects, to make the spiral shape look 3D from the air

Exposed water features for a residence does not make too much sense to me though. You yourself mentioned the surrounding grid of roads covered with sand. Why would anybody want to place water features there, in terms of maintenance and upkeep? If you take a closer look at the shadows cast by the structure, it is definitely not flat in general - especially the spiraling part. Some contradictions in your statements, but just my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
its an irrigation plant

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
This is a great find OP and i still think it isn't 100% as to what these actually are just yet!

My guess is that it has something to do with the Venus Project www.thevenusproject.com...

The style of the architecture is very reminiscent of the types of designs laid down by TVP and imho it fits into the whole philosophy.

Here is a video compilation of some of the architecture involed in TVP

The project is spear headed by a guy called Jacque Fresco the ideologist or visionary behind the concept of a free energy society.. very interesting stuff really.

Heres a quick video of some clips of Jacque Fresco discussing his ideas about a cashless society or resource based economy

This was also featured in the Zeitgiest Movie but they gave it a very new age negative spin.

Personally i think its all pretty cool!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Man i love this site
I told you all what they are on about page 9 and went to bed got up this morning and we are on page 20. I only realy found this site yesterday and was lurking untill i saw this post and then when i saw what people are putting i decided to join as i live here in Dubai and have past this area many times

Do you really think with Camp Mirage not far away it would be anything sinister ........erm nope

Im loving this site and so glad i found it

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Capping this dome structure is an octagonal building that appears to serve as an entrance. The octagon has long been the symbol for rebirth and regeneration. This may help support the belief that this is some sort of doomsday building that will assure those who seek shelter in this ark will survive any cataclysm to be the forebears of a reborn post-apocalyptic civilization.

Also take note of the numerologically significant highway numbers surrounding the domes: To the west '11', to the south '33', to the north '311' and '77', and to the east '66'. It is as though there is a worldwide network of the same secret society that puts a high degree of significance to numbers and shapes, that decides on how the civilized world is ordered. Could it be that the same organization that designed and built the United States war department headquarters (the Pentagon), also designed and built these octagon topped domed structures?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by civpop

ha haa this really is a good site. I'm satisfied with what they are but really want more details on the desert farm and forest area because I think it is neat.

If anyone can find more info I'd appreciate it. I can only find descriptions about all the water infrastructure (which is amazing!)

Finally... Has the ATS IQ on this post just dropped to nothing?

Missile silos? Particle colliders? Hidden Dooms Day bunkers? It doesn't take even a moderate IQ to understand how easy it is to hide something in all that sand, and it is clearly visible for years, since at least 2005. Not to mention its proximity to a huge tourist area...

As far as the convex / concave thing... good lord I can't even comment on that without getting banned.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Its similar in some way!!!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
This one you can see a few vehicles on top of the facility.

Looks like it is a high dome and they use a spiral type road so trucks will not have to go up such a steep incline/decline.

Also if you think of it in Architectural terms this is a perfect design for a facility out in the desert, with frequent sandstorms (as you can see from the roads being covered with sand) the dome provides an elevated surface and also lets the sand that hits the facility roll off below. This eliminates probably millions in operating cost from having to hire someone to clean the sand off your facility.

Sandstorms Happen

This is from 2005:

-Kdial1
edit on 11-5-2011 by kdial1 because: (no reason given)

Yes I know, I already posted this picture which I uploaded a few pages ago.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Could I just point out something quite simple.

Assuming that they are "secret" structures the first thing you do to evade detection is to camouflage your position, why are they not at least painted in a sandy colour so they are unobservable from the air, at least thats what we did when we set up an harbor area in the Army with the signals c.p.

I think the track that leads from / to and into the sand looks like a single rail track.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by excelents

They appear to be air vents and entrances - re the ramps - and must be huge, so the real structure is underground and must be masive - can only be an underground military research structure.

I suspect an underground tunnel network and therefore probably biological weapons units - each cell can be sealed in the event of a breach.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Hidden missile silo's is what you are seeing plus The Middle East's version of Area 51.
edit on 12-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I work for a semiconductor company that is being sponsored by an investor from Abu Dhabi. We are building a new facility in NY. After it is up and running they plan to build another one in Abu Dhabi. Those investors and the government there are wanting to branch out into other industries besides petoleum. So, until we find out what company built these structures, it's any body's guess what they are for. Could be for any number of industries or buisnesses. Heck, look at the weirdness of the airport, and check out some of their buildings in the cities. The oil rich areas over there are very inventive with their achitecture!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

They are not very well hidden then are they !

It has to be government run otherwise the private company that built them would be known around the world.

I still suspect a biological weapons unit.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Sorry I have not read all 20 pages. But has anyone considered that this may be some kind of mine or oil pumping station? Cool pictures, they look like the spacecraft in the newer Star Wars.
edit on 12/5/11 by goatman because: page number change

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

They are not very well hidden then are they !

It has to be government run otherwise the private company that built them would be known around the world.

I still suspect a biological weapons unit.

Look at Area51, the overall property stretches into 3 states yet the top is no bigger then the parcel of land your average NFL stadium sits on minus runway.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

True, but is Area 51 a hidden missile compound ?

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Its funny that I have been away from this thread for one day, 15 pages later and people are still asking the same questions...."what are the co-ordinates?", "is it up or down?"....if people actually read through the whole thread before posting a reply they could probably answer their own question, pretty easily. There also wouldnt be 15 freakin pages and would make my life easier when I looked at the thread again. I would probably be a bit more productive at work as its taken me an hour so far to get through to page 15...not that this is much of an issue =P....=/ EUURGH!

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by leejohnbarnes

True, but is Area 51 a hidden missile compound ?

Missile silo's, research and development facility, a military base, a communications mecca, housing for like 50,000, a shopping mecca, movie theatres, sports venues, a rail system that makes the NYC MTA look small, supermarkets, possibly a race track, and anything say a city like NYC or LA has but underground.
edit on 12-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
It amazes me at the number of assumptions that's been given at what these structures might be.

I've been studying the images and the location of these domes and my conclusion are they are in fact, as been mentioned more times than I'd like to count in this thread, water tanks for the irrigation of a massive agricultural project.

Why the spiral drive to the top? The UAE has the funding to undertake such a construction project to allow maintenance personnel to DRIVE up to the top instead of CLIMBING up to the top as in the less costly and traditional way of doing things.

Good grief! I'm going to bed. Carry on.

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Picking up the thread again, still can't understand why a water or irrigation tank would have vehicle access through the roof? Pipes in and out yeah, but I've never seen a storage tank that needs vehicles access at the top, think of the weight loading on the roof, it's just unnecessary for liquid storage.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join