It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italians evacuate Rome over 1915 quake prediction

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Italians evacuate Rome over 1915 quake prediction

www.telegraph.co.uk

Italians will on Wednesday flee Rome over fears a giant earthquake is coming following a seismologist's 1915 prediction that "the big one" will strike on May 11, 2011.

Businesses have reported requests from one in five people to have time off work and many are also keeping children away from school and heading to the beach or country for the day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I don’t normally give much credence to prophecy and predictions. Its like Yogi Berra used to say ”It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future”. Still, enough Italian’s are taking this seriously enough to alter their day to day activities.

So what is this, just a run of the mill overreaction or something else?

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

They are definitely overreacting. How could he know the exact date almost a hundred years ago that the next "big one" would strike?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I can't say as I blame them. I've caught myself looking at seismic zones for my area (New Madrid) and the flood zones Edgar Cayce described and comparing them to the ones released by the gov't. I already have an evacuation plan if something happens and my family have a place to meet so we don't scatter out trying to find each other.

The Italians are afraid. I would be to considering everything that's going on. I hope everyone is safe if something does happen. If I recall, there are prophecies about the "City of Seven Hills" being destroyed. That's Rome.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow while everyone holds their breath.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well...who was this guy...did he accurately predict other earthquakes?

Going to the countryside, or beach for one day isn't such a bad idea. If nothing happens, well, then they had a nice day at the beach, if something happens they sidestepped disaster...win/win
edit on 10-5-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I lived in Naples, Italy while I served in the USN. The Italians are very superstitious (I hate to call it that) and for good reason, they live in an active area. Some literally live in a house on a volcano
The lesson they teach that we all can learn from is to slow down and take life one day at time. Italians are very laid back people compared to Americans. How many countries have a siesta (quite a few)? God speed Italy!

This new doesn't surprise me one bit. And we all can agree on strange "natural" & possibly "unnatural" have been going on world wide very recently

edit on 10-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2011 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

the old country italians are VERY super sticious. im left handed and my great aunts thought i was the spawn of satan. my cousin was born on x-mass day and they think she is the devil too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well a friend of mine came home for the week.

He has been living in Rome since he married his italian missus in 2003. He isn't the most superstitious person in the World but did admit to me via email that peoples reactions there concerned him.

All I can say is Que Sera Sera.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Well we should all know within a matter of hours if this will be the 'real' thing or hopefully just another Y2K doom and gloom prediction that never came to pass. One thing I predict is that after May 11, 2011, there will be more doom and gloom and end of times predictions to come...

link   
Nature has a strange way of surprising mankind, don't be surprised if "the big one" hits moments after all of the evacuees have returned.

link   
i guess we will find out tomorrow

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
wow they're really taking this pretty seriously...I wonder how silly they'll feel if nothing happens...what if it he was a day off and it happens the next day instead...sneaky sneaky earthquakes

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

The rational part of me sais nothing will happen yet a lot of Italians think there will be. I hope for them it's nothing.
On the other hand if something does happen tomorrow ATS will explode!
I find it intreguing that so many prophecies are related to may 2011.

We can only wait.
OnlyLove.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I predict nothing will happen im 100% sure I

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I haven't been on ATS that long, but long enough to be a bit jaded about prophecies. With that said, I just found this in a blog from 2008, about Colusseum destroyed by an earthquake: nostradamusnewpredictions.blogspot.com...
(The blog is by some dude, John Le Saint, who thinks he is the true heir of Nostradamus and can make new predictions in his name)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Nah .. most of those Italians want a day off from work

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
There are actually some concerns among the population in Rome and authorities are telling people that it's just impossible to predict earthquakes and that every year there are more than 10.000 earthquakes in Italy, so some tremors could possibly happen tomorrow but it doesn't mean anything.
Corriere della Sera - Roma - only in Italian

Few friends of mine living in the ethernal city are not even thinking about it but few are nervous. The guy who allegedly predicted the earthquake, Bendandi, ha been never accredited by the scientific community because he never published a scientific paper about his theory (mostly based on the gravitational forces of other celestial bodies such as the Moon, Sun and the other planets who are able in specific moment and alignments to deform Earth crust and thus creating earthquakes). There is an ATS thread on Bendandi here: ATS

Well in these days there is a magnificent alignment of Venus, Jupiter, Mars and Mercury:

"It was an awesome morning with an unforgettable view: four planets packed in just a 7º piece of sky," says Ribas. "The very compact Venus-Mercury-Jupiter triangle was simply hypnotic. And Mars, below them, was faint but still clearly visible to naked eye. Marvelous planetary gathering, but the best is yet to come." Indeed, on May 11th, Venus and Jupiter, the two brightest planets in the Solar System, will converge to form a pair less than 1/2 degree apart. Set your alarm for Wednesday morning and begin the day with an eye-opener--no caffeine required.

www.spaceweather.com...

Well we'll see in few hours. I am Italian so I am partly concerned since many friends live there and my family lives not really far from Rome, just few kilometers away from the deadly Vesuvius!

Peace,

Hundroid

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
This is major...

ROME – Italian officials are going to extraordinary lengths to try to debunk an urban legend predicting a devastating earthquake in Rome on Wednesday.

Italy goes to enormous lengths to debunk quake myth

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

You are way too intelligent...you must know the Romani very good!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
can you imagine,what they will be like on December 21, 2012,if they taking days off and getting out of rome,over a old earthquake prediction.

we got all that lot on may 21st,soon,who are gonna be scratching their heads and hiding from embarrassment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join