It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italians evacuate Rome over 1915 quake prediction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
And this one too:

Panic In Italy Over May 11 Megaquake Prediction From Seismologist That Died In 1979
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by Seektruthalways1
started on 5/9/2011 @ 04:50 PM

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Nothing happened as usual.

Why is it that earthquakes always happen when we least expect it? Its because you can't predict when and where they will happen, thats why.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why italians don't ask themselves if this prediction is credible ? They don't want to work today and prefer go to the beach

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Well, the sad true is that southern Italians, and among them Romans hate to work and are lazy. They almost live on charity from norther Italy taxation.
So, undependently from the fact they belive or not in that hoax they have found a good pretest to stay home and don´t work.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Mama Mia!!! Nothing has happened. I swear if something happens I'm reading this guys predictions and living by them lol. But As usual nowt!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Not to worry,
Soon....the only predictions we will be left with, will be from the UN and their pet project Climate Change.
Most, if not all of them will be swept under the carpet when they are about to be proven false.

I look at predictions (for the most part) like someone rolling a set of dice...eventually someones going to get it right.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nuspy

Really - so you are saying that people living in Rome are Lazy? I actually find that to be an offensive and unjust comment.

I've been to Rome many times and stayed for long periods, and found that most people living in the city had a job and surprise surprise many very high paid ones.

Also found that Southern Italians actually worked twice as hard being that they had smaller opportunities to obtain higher wages.

Are you even Italian?

edit on 11-5-2011 by Mark_Frost because: typo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by nuspy

Well, the sad true is that southern Italians, and among them Romans hate to work and are lazy. They almost live on charity from norther Italy taxation. So, undependently from the fact they belive or not in that hoax they have found a good pretest to stay home and don´t work.

These are very heavy accusations against part of the Italian population that, contrary to what you say, work like hell in difficult conditions and even get underpaid. You cannot generalize, it's like to say that all Hungarians are gipsies and thieves. You must apologize for the very offensive words you used, this is unacceptable and untrue. South Italy does not live on North Italy charity and before getting invaded and robbed by the northerners in 1860, the Kingdom of Naples was one of the most "illuminated" (in the good meaning of the term) and scientifically/culturally/technically advanced kingdoms of Europe. It's really unbelievable how somebody can be so full of prejudice as you are.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by nuspy

...Why do I get the feeling, Some people join sites like this.....just to stir the pot.

PS. In an Ideal world, None of us should have to 'work' per se.........
Working (the way it is structured) is degrading and humiliating,
We have been enslaved to debt.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Did you notice in the link the op provided it said that he predicted a quake for January 2, 1924. But it was 2 days late......I don't care what anybody says, that's pretty dang close.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Imagine now the 2012 prophecy

a lot of people will not go to work on the 21 december

mass panic will occur on that predicted date for sure

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

It's going to be a Friday, it will be a long weekend!!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
AHHHGGH!!! This is the most baseless so-called "prediction EVER. Bendendi did not predict a geographical location or specific date. After he died in 1979 a large portion of his works were burn. Of those that survived were two peices of paper, each with a YEAR written on them. The years were 2011 and 2012. Nothing more. Nothing is ever said about Rome or an earthquake.

Paola Lagorio, the president of an association dedicated to Bendandi and which preserves all his manuscripts, says they make no reference to any earthquake around Rome in 2011.

About Bendendi

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
St. Malachy has been pretty friggin accurate in predictions, and according to him Rome is fine until the next pope comes around. Just sayin'.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

My friend moved to Italy a few months ago.

She claims she hasn't seen any real legit media coverage, also has not seen any panic or major evacuations..Everyone is showing up for work and school.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

I have to admit I'd probably be a little paranoid over there, just because I'm a fairly gullible person and you just never know... lol

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
It was in Spain, 5.3, well close enough ...

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayrton

It's on the very same fault line. So if it's spreading, Rome will be the next. And there were two EQ in Spain, not one. The first was 4.5 and the second was the 5.3 (Usually the second should be smaller, yet it's greater.). And what you also forget to calculate in; the guy who predicted this is always mistaken as the EQs what he predicted came 2-3 days later.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Sentinel412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I was surprised today to see the quake in Madrid! There is a fundamental science attached to astronomy that has long since been forgotten - and I'm not talking about astrology. In any case, there may be a lot of credence to the older predictions by people who were more familiar with ancient astronomical history. You never know what knowledge was lost in the Library of Alexandria.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hundroid
reply to post by Ben81

It's going to be a Friday, it will be a long weekend!!

Friday???

You mean the 13th?
Yep a long day I guess

edit on 11-5-2011 by DutchBigBoy because: typo

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join