It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italians evacuate Rome over 1915 quake prediction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
can you imagine,what they will be like on December 21, 2012,if they taking days off and getting out of rome,over a old earthquake prediction.

we got all that lot on may 21st,soon,who are gonna be scratching their heads and hiding from embarrassment.

When free speech is abused by inciting panic it's time for laws like this

'Prophet' faces fine for quake warning"

www.iol.co.za...
edit on 10-5-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
If anybody is interested in getting seismic data who are not from the USGS, here you can find the Euro-Mediterranean Seismologic Center:

EMSC

At the moment, everything is reasonably quiet, considering how seismic is Italy. É tutto tranquillo.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Nah .. most of those Italians want a day off from work

'most of those Italians'....??? well, at least you wrote italians with a capital I, otherwise I thought you were denigrating them.

Not most 'Italians' spend their time viewing sites like ATS, and not many times is Italy the centre of a prediction as such.

I think this is probably a first for them....so it is just natural that some of them be afraid, scared, prudent. Wouldn't you be?

Of course, someone used to logging in on ATS everyday, would probably see a prediction as this one as yet another one amongst all the other dozens, which are claimed and then, passed, when nothing really ever happens...

On a personal note....I just happen to be in Rome at the moment!!!! Will write back tomorrow???!!!!
I hope to do so from the comfort of my room, to witness the fact that nothing at all has happened!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

Tommorow WHEN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN will you fear in future from prophets or be a rational man who listen sciense first ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Sarahko

Tommorow WHEN NOTHING WILL HAPPEN will you fear in future from prophets or be a rational man who listen sciense first ?

Sciense with an s as you put it? Or real science with a c?

whichever it may be...there are things that not even real scienCe can predict.
Maybe some prophets can, maybe not....maybe even science can, maybe not....

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
So from now on we have 24 hours to see if anything happens in Italy.
Tic... Toc... Tic... Toc...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahko

My typing mistake about scienCe

Everytime science will be miles ahead from prophets

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
in the last 12 months ATS has done my head in with predictions. none of which have come true. so i will just wait and see. its like an addiction, every time i say no more....i keep coming back.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
This doesn't surprise me. If the prediction is very well known in that area and been around for so long, it stands to reason. I would imagine we will see much the same type of reaction in the US in December of 2012.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Nature has a strange way of surprising mankind, don't be surprised if "the big one" hits moments after all of the evacuees have returned.

They might as well not come back until it hits to be safe

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
This doesn't surprise me. If the prediction is very well known in that area and been around for so long, it stands to reason. I would imagine we will see much the same type of reaction in the US in December of 2012.
dec 2012 will be a blast.. should be some good posts leading up to it ..i'm guessing everything will be ok in Rome tomorrow,will be watching the news closely

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SirMike

Really, the beach? I suppose the families want to have good seats for the tsunami that follows the mega-quake.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
00:35 here in Germany - same as in Italy. It's on now. Gonna watch out for any further breaking news... damn, that's a bit sudden. I stumbled across THIS thread only half an hour ago! www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well, and it seems that there ARE quite a number of incidents which all point towards something big happening within the next 24 hrs. Nostradamus' prophecy, those recently discovered crop circles which seem to indicate something big for the month of May... planetary alignment + comet Elenin... (and apparently cases of collective nosebleed? - haha, read a bit of that thread if you can't figure the connection x] )

I'm well aware that each one of these occurrences can be refuted or discussed - still, altogether they form a rather suspicious union, don't you think...?

However, I've come across quite much prophecy-topics as of late and guess what, more often than not they dissolve into nothing more but mere smoke screens. Not that I'd mind this for catastrophes and generally doom-gloom-events of any sorts.

But yeah, we'll just have to see.

lol, word @ arbitrarygeneraiist ^

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I found ATS probably about a year ago myself...what drew me was the Fragile Earth topics...but boy oh boy, have the "predictions" drawn me in. I was always going to just "readn" never post...and well...you see how that's worked.

My fear, with the predictions, is that someone will "get it right" and that will lead to more followers. The next day will certainly tell...if only Nostradamus had left a PowerBall quattrain.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
for me it was last year when all the predictions about nov 8. it was the day before my birthday and there were so many. i vowed then that if nothing happened, then i would no longer take the predictions seriously. but im still drawn to reading them.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Well...who was this guy...did he accurately predict other earthquakes?

Apparently, yes. In 1927 in fact.

He received a knighthood from Mussolini for his efforts too.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Sarahko

My typing mistake about scienCe

Everytime science will be miles ahead from prophets

Here we are talking about Italians and the spelling/typo Nazis show up.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

My sentiment, as well...

"There's this prediction that tomorrow's going to be one hell of an earthquake. Let's take the day off and get out of the city."

"Yeah, I've heard about that, too. Where do you think we should go?"

"The beach! It's perfect - there's flat and open ground for miles, and nothing to fall on you but water!"

"Yeah... why didn't I think of that!?"

I mean... really? ... The Japanese just got blind-sided by a quake/tsunami duo and these people attempt to flee an earthquake by going to the beach........

Sorry - don't think I'll be donating to aid efforts on this one.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Well, today's the day Italia !

Fingers crossed and let's all hope you stay safe and quake free

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Related Thread:

Residents In Rome Fearful Of 'Prophetic' Quake..
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by storyboard
started on 5/11/2011 @ 05:17 AM

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join