It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug that could stop MS discovered

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
There's a lot of MS in my family, I've seen what it does... any advancement is good. They've made tons of progress so far, if this isn't the cure, then at least they're on the right track. I see no reason to downplay this.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Wow, great news!
Hopefully all goes well!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Thank you for this post. It was really nice because it made my wife's day. We're hoping for positive results from the human trials. S&F

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Awesome news! However the drug companies will fight hard to keep this away from the public at large as they make billions from treating symptoms and withholding cures. Now that is a real conspiracy and it makes my blood boil!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This is a double-edged sword. somebody or some group could use this to cause MS...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

YOU GUYS WOULDNT KNOW A CONSPIRACY IF IT KNOCKED ON YOUR DOOR AND STUNG YOU!

I believe the discovery of this cure for MS goes back to 2003 so it appears to be a conspiracy to keep this
safe treatment off the market.
A doctor at Irvine University found that Sea anemone ,and scorpion venom eliminated all symptoms
of MS in experimental animals that had a form of MS.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
Activated autoreactive TEM cells probably contribute to MS by migrating to inflamed tissues where they secrete interferon γ and tumor necrosis factor α. In keeping with this idea, adoptive transfer of Kv1.3high rat memory T cells into naïve recipients Selective targeting of these disease-causing cells with Kv1.3 channel blockers prevents and reverses EAE in this rat model , and no side-effects are observed despite the expression of Kv1.3 channels in the brain, arteries , bladder and epithelia . Together, these findings lead to the prediction that Kv1.3 channel blockers will ameliorate symptoms of MS and other autoimmune disorders mediated by TEM cells in humans.

I believe the discovery of this cure for MS goes back to 2003 so it appears to be a conspiracy to keep this
safe treatment off the market.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Mopping up excess GM-CSF may also help treat other conditions, including diabetes, it is hoped.

interesting i googled "GM-CSF Sarcoidosis" and found some interesting things.
onlinelibrary.wiley.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Thank you for that link!!!

I have MS (a mild case), but what is causing me more pain and suffering right now are all my joint issues. I have degenerative arthiritis in my neck, hip and both knees. To the point where I can no longer run and need surgery. I am currently yet again laid up with an acute neck and left to wondering WHY this is happening to me. I am only 39 years old, been active all my life and live a healthy lifestyle. So WHY!!

Well, a quick search on the GM-CSF reveals that there is a known connection between it and imflamatory disorders. This makes sense to me because I have always thought all of it was connected. Has to be.

So this is HUGE for me. Not only could controlling this factor stop the MS disease process, but possibly help with the daily pain I push through and the constant joint problems!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
theirs nothing new about gm-csf blockers..
this is no cure.. in fact, it ll shut down your immune system...
its a band aid for a broken leg, the cure will come when we understand why autoimmune diseases happen... my guess is HERV..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
This is a double-edged sword. somebody or some group could use this to cause MS...

I agree.. The title should read "Drug that could stop MS discovered, but will not be available to you"

Deebo

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Does it also work against Apple

(Sorry, I know the disease is dreadful and this is a great thing but I work in the computer industry and it just seemed funny to me. Please don't take offence, I'm not trying to down-play Multiple Sclerosis).

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
holy cow!!!
i hope its real, and i hope they can create a human version.

AWESOME post!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
go figure. my fathers in the hospital right now possibly on his deathbed. he's had MS for about 25 years. I'm praying that he lives to see 50 in November, from what I've seen of people with MS, his is the most severe. He's been living life trapped by 4 walls, he developed bed sores and pressure wounds from sitting in his wheelchair. for as long as i can remember, his knees have been bent, he lost use of his left arm years ago and slowly he lost use of the right one. its now progressed to the point where its effecting the muscles in his throat. we hospitalized him 2 and a half weeks ago, on Easter actually. the reason was because he had a UTI and was hallucinating and delusional, after being in the hospital for a few days they realized he had aspirating pneumonia from him not swallowing food and drinks properly. also. and gall stones, and a growth on his adrenal gland. and one of his wounds are infected because usually my mother takes care of his wounds. 3 hours ago they just put him on a resuscitator, soon they're going to give him a cat scan to see if there's an even bigger infection.

sorry for the essay I just have a lot on my mind. maybe I'll post a rant. maybe i wont. i just hope my fathers immune system can handle whatever is going on, because even the doctors are unsure about whats going on..even if this cant help him it can prevent anybody else with MS from reaching the dreadful point hes at.please keep him in your thoughts,

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

Oh wow that's terrible, I'll keep your father in my prayers, figuratively or maybe literally. I have an uncle that has MS and I realize how painful of an affliction it can be. But he doesn't even have it as bad as you've described. I wouldn't wish something like that on my worst of enemies. Lets hope this turns out to be something near-to, if not the cure itself.

Infinite Blessings my friend

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SIKKAthanMOST

S&F
I am sorry to hear about your father. MS can be such a dreadful disease and people who are not affected by it have a hard time understanding what the sufferer and their family can go through. I started developing symptoms last spring (dizziness/vertigo) by the time I got diagnosed in October, I had spent a week in the hospital, lost some function in my left leg and developed some cognitive issues. In one short year my entire life has changed. I can no longer drive or do a lot of the things that I loved to do. I deal with crippling fatigue and pain everyday. I take several medications for pain that never goes completely away and shots 3 times a week to slow the progress of the disease. I realize that there are many, many people out there who wish that they were as sick as I am even on my worst day, but still, MS is a difficult disease to deal with. My prayers go out to all who have been affected by this horrible disease.
edit on 11-5-2011 by kismet815 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

Good news! I hope it will play out well and will help people with MS. Thanks for the info.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
When my wife and I first married she got MS symptoms just a few months later, it has plagued us for 8 years.

Her condition is under control with a new drug but a CURE would be amazing.

I sent the link to her email, thank you very much!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

antibody therapy has been tried before for many conditions and gm-csf is a normal immune modulator

such that i'll reserve judgement until phase III human trials.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Matti420

Thats why i didnt expand on my comment as ive seen firsthand that it calms the neural pathways (i think) which can stop the muscle twitches which are sometimes violently uncontrollable, But iam unsure if its a 'cure' but i know it can make it 'bearable' which is a good enough reason for it to be used !

Big Pharma is marketing plenty of THC or CBD based drugs just under another name which is chemically the same as Bud. Sativex (i think thats how its spelt) is just one i can think of.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I was listening to one of these 3 shows awhile back, Coast to Coast, Rense or Alex Jones, don't remember which one but they had a Doctor on describing Illnesses and Disease's that could easily be cured with simple vitamin therapy and MS was one of those mentioned. They also mentioned how Big Pharma will also make a simple vitamin therapy discovery and then mask it as a new drug discovery.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join