It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drug that could stop MS discovered

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Excellent news. Thanks so much for posting! Autoimmune diseases are rising exponentially and outpacing cancer and heart disease by millions. There is currently no real treatment for any of them - just symptom chasing drugs with enormous side effects. Hope they hurry this along. A lot of people are suffering out there.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Atom12

So is there anybody brave enough to buy a scorpion and sting themselves with it to see if it works?
Or is everybody just going to wait for the Pharmaceutical Conspiracy to save them?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

wont tptb stop this medicine, they have no interest in helping people

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I once volunteered at the local nursing home a couple years back. I met the most wonderful person ever but she suffered from multiple sclerosis. I couldn't imagine her suffering.. From the bedsores, to not being able to move.. Multiple Sclerosis among other autoimmune diseases are really horrible. I'm glad that some good news has come out in the last few days.

If anyone is interested in a really positive story about someone with Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, google Jason Becker. A phenomenal musician with a story to tell.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
GREAT news as far as i'm concerned. I have had MS for 7 years now. I've been very lucky so far though. I had a few attacks early on, then i've been in remission ever since. I'll watch this one close. I just hope there isn't a ton of horrible side effects of the drug though, as many of the current treatments i won't do because the potential side effects are very bad.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
man this would be amazing. my mom has been diagnosed with MS and it would be really great to see her regain her health. lets all pray that this is a real breakthrough with the medicine and knowledge of MS!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Now THIS is a GREAT post. If only there were more like it. Im waiting for somebody to spin this as a conspiracy theory.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I would like to ask what is the side-effect? If it's a drug that means that there is a side-effect. And if it's drug that means that it's not natural. There was already a cure for MS, why make a drug that just make it worse?

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
My fiance would be pleased, she has early stage MS.

I could die happy knowing that she could enjoy a long life.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I would be surprised to see an actual cure rather than treatment for the simple fact that MS research, like other searches for cures, is big business and makes a lot of people a lot of money. The key is to find a treatment that people will have to pay for their entire lives.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
The article says its only been tested on mice with conditions that have symptoms similar to MS, but I sincerely hope this works for people as well. A friend of mine was just told he may have MS.

Great Find

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jackvincent90
reply to post by iforget

wont tptb stop this medicine, they have no interest in helping people

Stop the medicine? No.

Backwards engineer it? Yes.

By backwards engineer, I don't mean reverse engineer. I mean they take progress the opposite way.

TPTB will find a way to make this drug only mildly effective in humans, coupled with a frequent "topping up" on your dosage and probably a hefty 5-digit price tag per dose.

This drug can give people something very valuable: time.

No way does corp pharma let that pass by w/out going through their profit-multiplying steps.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Fantastic.
I have a friend with that..did a MS walk through florida in show of support for the cure.
MS is a nasty disorder.

I will bitch some other day about how its a conspiracy and they wanted to create a drug to control it verses cure it..for now, I will just be happy that some may suddenly find life to be less than suck with this.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Definitely better than nothing.
Hopefully it's not 1000$ a pill

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crackavelli
I would be surprised to see an actual cure rather than treatment for the simple fact that MS research, like other searches for cures, is big business and makes a lot of people a lot of money. The key is to find a treatment that people will have to pay for their entire lives.

Bingo

And that is why I am in favor of a full socialization of our health care system. If you remove the incentive to keep people sick, and give the incentive to have people remain alive (to tax), then you will quickly find "miracle cures" pop up overnight so we stop burdening the health care system.

There can be a philosophical argument had, however, that ends when I get sick and simply want to be cured verses have some corporations figure out how to nickle and dime me into a early grave.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You might want to rename the Post to Drug that could stop MS discovered than shelved..

Honestly the powers that be will not cure all these diseases, as it is fast becoming our #1 if not already money making business in America and around the world.

Curing these things will cause shareholders to lose money and of course that can not be tolerated in todays age..

How did we ever become such a corrupt world.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

And when the US doctors and FDA get a hold of the information they will with hold it from all the people because they make too much money on the sick and ailing ... sad...

My mom died of complications from MS about 10 years ago she was 52 ....

It would be nice if there were a "cure" or nearly a cure... and one that the people can know about and make use of!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I hope that the human trials work. Very nice post.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Greensquad414 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
This is great news. All diseases should be cured. We all know that Big pharma is preventing this from happening. The technology is there, it is just hidden. The cures are there, but only for the rich. This will change soon if you are ready to take the first steps.
edit on 11-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added a few lines

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by BanMePlz
This is great news. All diseases should be cured. We all know that Big pharma is preventing this from happening. The technology is there, it is just hidden. The cures are there, but only for the rich. This will change soon if you are ready to take the first steps.
edit on 11-5-2011 by BanMePlz because: added a few lines

All medical should be removed from capitalistic needs and instead pushed into the domain of the fed. the fed wants people healthy and working for a very long long time (Taxes). Their incentive is to raise the retirement age to infinity and keep people fueling tax money to the coffers.

A corporations motivation is to keep someone near death and soaking up government money to help pay for a treatment plan...there is no money in curing anything.

Ayn Rand is right, read her book, see it as the core motivation and how the enemy works..She wrote the corporate terrorists handbook (Atlas Shrugged is the offical title)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join