It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What freedoms have we lost Here are a few

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

Interesting, these many things you've listed. A few of them or course apply to me. But a lot of them don't. I don't know where you live, but wherever it is, I sure don't want to be there.

Just a few examples that don't apply to where I live: I collect rainwater. I built a shed and it was bigger than 8x8 and needed no permit. My dogs run loose and free. Not that I recall that on your list. I maintain a compost pile. I can still go to Southern States and get necessary medications and vaccinations for my animals, syringes included, without having to jump through any hoops. I've got a currently nonoperational car sitting in my driveway that is unregistered and I pay no fees on it. My grey water is dumped into a holding tank behind my house and then seeps into the ground. I plant new ones and remove old trees at my own whims. Any extra produce that we grow and want to sell, we can just set up a table in our front yard and sell it to passersby,.

Some others: I can burn my paper trash if I want to. Each year I have a bonfire using a years worth of brush and downed limbs that my grandkids enjoy trying to get near to, to roast marshmallows and hotdogs. Oh, and a big one for me. I can stay up all night and paint and play my stereo at eardrum destroying level when I want to, because nobody complains.

But, yes, I understand there are lots of people in the U.S. who must bow down to an ever increasing government presence and more and more rules and intrusions upon their lives. So far I guess I have been fortunate.

Meanwhile, I think I will go outside and drink a few beers and shoot at the empty cans to keep my aim sharp.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
"Those who wait for it to affect them, will stand alone when it does!"
Quoted by Robert Wolfe

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is a bit off-topic but, your mentioning how you could once just grab a syringe and use antibiotics on your own animals without all the paperwork, vet visits, etc. That reminds me of a story I heard recently from a rancher in SD. He raises livestock for organic beef. Since it is organic the FDA provides him with a list of chemicals, drugs, and such he cannot use. Of course, he is not allowed to use anti-biotics on these animals...so, when his cattle gets, say, an eye infection, what does he use? Diesel fuel. Burns it right out he says, and that particular substance is not on the FDA ban list.

Organic my #.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
OP I feel your pain man,, Wife and I have dreamed all our life of the little cabin in Colorado mountains..
well,, After 25 years we have the property,, BUT CANT BUILD # !.. damn local regulations in that state have gone to the dogs..The property id Way out in the county not any one in site.. and the road is closed in the winter.But. That little $3500 cabin we soooo long dreamed of,, will now cost 15,000 JUST IN PERMITS AND Crap!
3,500 just for an aungmentaion permit goes to Kansas !!! soo,, I suppose we will never have it! ,, and people voted for those changes?? I cant believe that they did.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hbarker

Regulations like that are lobbied in by the large housing development firms. It makes land prices skyrocket till the bubble bursts and no one can afford to do anything. It also makes home building impractical for anyone but already established builders. The government finds it hard to track people if they are not bunched into some city, they like the laws too.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Yeah, well law-breaking doesn't seem like such a bad idea now does it? They are setting themselves up for more riots and more work as more and more people will begin to deride their efforts to enslave us......even with their techy weapons they are still well outnumbered. As for TSA, they will never touch me and I will NEVER go anywhere where I have to use their services. Plans will change quick before I succumb to that crap. I will walk before I will go through that or just not go at all. TSA are nothing but a bunch of government trained creepers. Worse is, if they are government trained then our government is run by molesters as well. Who actually is in charge of this in the government.....there is your answer as to who is a secret molester. Every action first starts with the thought in a persons mind. Flag this people. People need to see just what we're losing....right don to the most basic levels.
edit on 11-5-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Your land? Don't you pay taxes yearly for having that land? In the U.S. we do not own land or property anymore because if you can't pay the yearly taxes that land, or property gets stolen by the Feds/IRS.

Even when you paid the full price of the piece of land, or property you "supposedly own" you still have to pay taxes for it... How does that make it yours when you still have to pay for it the rest of your life?

edit on 11-5-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow... living in rural England I thought we had it bad with anal compulsive bureaucrats and jobsworths. my heart goes out to you guys and I hope you find a way to change the insanity..

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

WOW dont you know youre not supposed to mention all of that stuff

wow now youve done it, you provided truth

i am sure you are now on their kill list

but if not yet, hopefully these truths dont anger anyone to stand up and say enough is enough or they will charge you with inciting a riot for telling the truth

just another freedom gone

nothings free

i miss the old days and wish i was born much longer ago so i wouldnt be around for all of this nonsense, things were tough in the days of old, but at least there was some sort of freedom

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Please, Somebody explain how we are free, if we have to work 40 hrs a week to live?

Modern slavery

"There is nobody more enslaved than somebody who falsely believes they are free"

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The US Constitution my friend, there is nothing like it on the globe....seriously!

You may bog and bitch about taxes, but in other parts of the world they do not have your basic rights that you have here in the US.

Taxes maintain infrastructure people! How old is everyone on this thread? gheeesh!

and working? You are suppose to work for a living, you have but 24 hours in a day( 1/3rd for work, 1/3 for rest, and 1/3 for entertainment/social time) total time = living.

Plain and simple, without a dissertation.
edit on 11-5-2011 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

So we're supposed to work so somebody else can profit off of our sweat while we rake in scraps?

40% of the total currency is owned by %1 of the people

If you don't see something wrong with that then im sorry

I would GLADLY live in a world where the work I have to do is for my own survival and my family, not for monetary gains for some a hole I don't even know.

Plus, if you have not noticed, no matter what country you live in, or what age you live in, people will resist the system and become homeless, not because they are what we call "losers", but because this way of life is unnatural, and they would rather live in slums then become a slave.

"Squatters" have existed since the beginning of civilization, and rightly so

edit on 11-5-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lostinthedarkness
Take the old lawn mower motor out build a go cart or a mini chopper or mini bike watch the kids have fun.

That reminds me of being a kid.
My granddad built us a go-cart and we raced it around his chicken houses...which was a big no-no because it scared the chickens, but we were buttheaded kids so we did it anyway when he was out in his garden picking corn for dinner.

The best thing I remember about being a kid was riding in his old beat up pickup truck in the bed. We used to fight over who got to sit on the hub over the tires. Three of us, two of them...lots of fighting in that old truck. He'd take us to get ice cream, and then take us riding through the fields. We never worried about falling out or getting hurt.

It makes me wonder what fond memories my little one will have.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

That is where you get an education, skill or trade and apply them so you may afford a "standard of living". I am not a teacher but somehow on this particular thread I feel like one.

You are entitled to live the way you want to in the United States.

1.) Make a profit

2.) Get by

3.) Fail

Now, if you choose to FAIL then be prepared to live under the accepted standard of living and become somewhat of an outcast to society, by applying for welfare, social services, government subsidies, ect.

I have been employed since the age of 6 with a paper route, and ALWAYS understood the economic system I was born into. No problem, makes sense to me. If I can do, then I will do, very basic principle of life.

Our U.S. system of government is set up for room for improvement of self. You never settle(at least I was raised that way). I cannot speak for no one but myself.

All BS aside including bitching about change that occurs, you are very fortunate if you are an American, and I am not a US hater or lover, I just live and abide by the rules and the regulations of the land I am a citizen in.

I know in other countries people are STILL trying to get here to this country where I live.These are the facts, and the facts are the facts, either accept them or live a lie!

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Well I won't ask YOU why you can live as a slave, and don't ask why I will resist.

Lol the most basic system? If you even knew anything about money or how its created, you would be mad, I would take the stance that you have zero knowledge of the federal reserve and how cruel it is designed.

Ask somebody in Africa if they had any of those 3 choices. They cannot even get a meal because of the system, resulting in 15,000+ dead every DAY.

So just think how expensive this lifestyle is friend, if you still support it, you're clearly a sheep, and somebody I would not like to spend 5 seconds with.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

No one says you HAVE TO work a 40 hour week, that was just an accepted norm from an "average" work week. Now, due to changes in our world, that 40 our work week seems like a bare minimum. Most people I know work more than that!

All depends once again on your "standard of living"

Work more earn more

Work less earn less

...it is all relative.

I work about that, but due to the nature of my work I can work less time and be compensated the same.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

You just don't get it do you?

You can waste all your time working as much as you want, but when you get old and get that house and car you always wanted, your still going to want more.

So go ahead, spend you life as a slave sheep, I just want to live in a free world, which this is not. It's impossible to have freedom in a civilized world, from what history shows us.

And tell that to the sweat shop workers and all the other very hard working jobs that pay 5 cents an hour. They work 5x as hard as any american, and very very poor.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I can vouch for what you say
I grew up on a farm.

Now why in sam hell do we have to pay for rain water and who determined the plot of earth you sit upon belongs to a bank?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who owns the sun, the wind, the earth?

Everyone does.

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I could not imagine being so ignorant like your coming off, to believe you MUST pay/work to have a house, food, water, and pleasure.

Shame on you

posted on May, 11 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I know nothing about the Federal Reserve huh? That statement alone tells me that you make very broad assumptions about people you do not even know, including the Africans which from my experience with them are very hard workers who come to the US and work harder than the average American, which they are entitled to.

You don't even know me, and that is fine for you do not have to. All you need to know is that as an American I have rights, entitlements, and freedoms nowhere given under any other government body.

Sounds to me that you hate your life as an American, you have the right to do that alone without the Feds coming to get you. Why not renege your citizenship and then you may apply for citizenship under the government of your choice, instead of bitching about it on a public forum like you are!

Action speaks louder than words my friend. Are you going to live the rest of your days on ATS bitching and moaning about US this and US that, or make the move to the country of your choice and get some happiness in your life?

Call or fold!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join