It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What freedoms have we lost Here are a few

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I keep seeing rebuttals to our lose of freedoms or restoration of the American way saying what freedoms have you lost. Here is a little list for every one .

Spanning 40+ years living rural and working construction .

In days gone by if you needed a new chicken coop you just built one .
Now you need a building permit if over 8x8. Some jurisdictions have a land use board where you have to get their approval first for any structure shed fence pole ect . This is my land mind you .

The old tractors and farm implements or old wagons could just be lined up along the fence.
Now you need to put them in a shed or barn and pay for a building a shed and a building permit if the land use board will allow it .

Rain water was collected for dry days to water the animals or garden.
Now this water that fell on my land belongs to the government or some corporation down stream.

Grey water like from a washing machine was dumped out on the trees garden or grass to save on water.
Now it is illegal to do that .

The pile of compost and animal droppings was next years fertilizer .
Now the EPA considers this as hazardous biowaste . Should be hauled off to a waste control center and We need to use chemically produced fertilizers .\

A sick animal you could go to the coop get penicillin a syringe and fix em up your self or the vet would tell you what to get coop get it and do it . You could even get the stitches and fix the cuts your self if strong enough stomach
Now you need a heap of paper work to get a syringe or other antibiotics DL number type of animal to be used on. Forget stitches now .

Our extra eggs and milk we would sell or trade with neighbors or sell at the farmers market .
Now This is a big no no not with out major paperwork , inspections and pasteurization , and if its goat milk even more hurdles if not a out right ban .

The old beat up pickup truck that never leaves the farm kept just for around the farm stuff.
Now has to be insured and registered or it will be considered a junker and liable to be hauled off if not housed in a state approved shed .

If I wanted to replace some trees and plant a mulberry a sea green juniper a current and a hack berry I would just do it .
A . Now many places you need a permit from the city or county to remove a tree.
B . You need to see if the new plants are listed as approved to be planted in your jurisdiction if not tough you cant plant it . All 4 have been listed as high pollen producers and are baned many places. If in a historic district they will tell you what trees can be cut and what they will be replaced with.

If I need to paint my house me and the other half decide on color and do it .
Now if in a historic district you need to have color change approved with the county or city or any remodels also approved . If in a home owners association they will tell you what color to use .

Bought my boy a dirt bike took him to the hills teach em how to ride and let em have fun.
Now buy the bike register it plates on it even if off road only safety class for the kid all the right protective gear or you are liable. Bicycles atvs 4wheelers 3 wheelers all need plates . Citations or confiscations if not plated .

Take the old lawn mower motor out build a go cart or a mini chopper or mini bike watch the kids have fun.
Now it is not usable any where other than your own property as long as the police don't see it since it has no serial number it cant be plated then its subjected to fines or confiscation.

At work wait till the 10 am break the burrito lady will show up and sell burritos a buck a piece oh dang they were good for 20 years never heard of ANY ONE GETTING SICK from these the local restaurants didn't have that good of track record !
Now shes gone city and county license fees food inspection kitchen inspection she gave up and works at 7-11. She couldn't afford to remodel her kitchen to meet state fed county and city rules .

Once a week I would stop at the Mennonite bake sale on the side of the road near a major intersection breads and cakes and pies of all kinds jams jellies all home made from scratch . My mouth waters to think about some of those foods .
Now they are gone as well same reason as above . Read how many times kids are not allowed to sell cookies or lemon-aid .

During a remodel a old lady asks to replace a light bulb for her no problem there you go done.
Now if not a licensed handy man or electrician you can be cited for that .

Got mad at the boss you and 2 others sitting at the bar fuming discus he should be grabbed after work and beat with in a inch of his life . Just mad talk nothing would ever come of it . No crime no one hurt .
Now that is under the patriot act considered conspiracy to commit a crime and prosecutable as a crime.

Bus travel buy ticket ride
Now DL or ID or you cant buy ticket .

Air travel buy ticket give name and fly
Now DL# check no fly list lines frisking groping rummaging forced to watched your wife nudie scanned your daughter and son nudie scanned or groped and fondled

Train travel buy ticket ride
TSA will soon be there .

Malls
TSA will soon be there

Stadiums
TSA will soon be there

Its small things but they keep adding up from the early 60s to today yes there is quite a bit of change the last 15 it is getting faster the last 10 the most .

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Habeus Corpus is effectively gone at the federal level(Since Bush admin). Basically if the executive power, via DHS, arbitrarily considers you an "enemy combatant" or "domestic terrorist", all your rights as an American citizen are gone. No warrants required. You can even be assassinated (that's one of Obama's innovation's). Per the DHS director, anyone who espouses civil liberties or is vocal about protecting the Constitution should be considered "suspect". Interesting times.
When it comes to local level laws, though, that's something you may actually be able to fight against. And nobody forces anyone to live somewhere with a Homeowners Association (Hate those mini gestapos).

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Great post, star and flag!

Sadly too many are blind to these types of things. Our individual rights, and our freedom to be independent are almost completely gone. Just terrible...

One thing that you sort of touched on in your post, which I would like to delve a bit deeper into is property rights.

NOBODY owns property anymore in the USA. Zero. Not a single person owns their property. You are sadly mistaken if you think you own your property just because you have a piece of paper that says so.

Want proof?

First of all, property taxes. You don't own your property, you are paying for upkeep while you RENT your property from the government. That's what property taxes actually are, rent. Nobody owns their property they just rent it.

Second of all, as you mentioned in your thread, if you want to do almost ANYTHING on your own property, you must get licenses and approval. How is it that you own property, if you need permission to use it for anything? Sounds again like renting.

Third, at ANY time the government can STEAL "your" land away from you. Many times without any sort of compensation. Ownership? Yeah right.

So go rent some land, you will pay a fee to rent that land. If you want to build on that land, you must get permission. EXACTLY the same as "owning" land. You pay a fee to own it (rent) and you must get permission from your landlord (government) if you want to do anything on it.

This very basic principle that NOBODY in America owns their own land is overlooked by most everybody. How can you have a free country if you cant even own property? You can't, and we don't have a free country.

Sad, sad state of affairs.
edit on 9-5-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
But.....

Were all safer for it...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by louieprima

reply to post by James1982

You both are right .

I had so much to say but was trying to keep it short and sweet with out a deep discussion on each point .I could have gone on for pages . But hopefully it wakes someone up

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dont forget the patriot act my friend!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What's freedom...working 5 days per week like a slave to put food on the table, pay my bills, mortgage and government taxes? If that's freedom, then I'm absolutely free.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudasIscariot
What's freedom...working 5 days per week like a slave to put food on the table, pay my bills, mortgage and government taxes? If that's freedom, then I'm absolutely free.

Indeed.

AND have to pay for the priviledge of eating foods containing more toxic soup than the Fukushima reactors, and watch those taxes get used for some of the most evil, despicable things that have ever been done in the name of "safety and security".

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

I hope this doesn't come off as mean, but can you back up all your claims with citations? We can't just take your word for it

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
You forgot the main one, the freedom to live....simply living. Property tax forces you to engage in some form of legal commerce to pay the state, lest they take the land for failure to pay.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My monitors and feeds are still reporting to me this very second that the doc in full is still legal and binding active and still remains as "The Supreme Law Of The Land" and will not ever change.

There is a common misconception that everyone needs to know that needs to be debunked and that is the Congress or whoever can literately sign and pass a million laws restricting and amending our rights and freedoms but ultimately it is up to you, The American People to maintain and retain said rights leaving final law totally up to The People of The United States Of America to never relent, never refrain, never forfeit these sacred vows and rights bestowed upon us in The Constitution Of The United States Of America!

They are ours and not theirs, remember this. Non-negotiable, non relinquinsable, non grata whose points are anchored, padlocked and cemented!

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, NOW AND FOREVER!
edit on 10-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Terrorist

you must work for the gov with that post reply or your to young to know better

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

here is a little reading for you

www.redwoodcity.org...

21. Removal 22. Can I remove the street tree in front of my house and replace it with another tree? In most cases, no. Generally, only trees found to be dead, dying or structurally unsound are approved for removal. Certain construction permits may cause the removal of a tree. There will be a replanting condition based on the size of the tree removed. 23. Why do I need a permit to cut down my own tree? The City has a Tree Preservation Ordinance protecting trees growing on private property that are greater than a minimum size. Please see Tree Services for an overview. 24. I’m doing a remodel and need to remove one or more trees. How do I proceed? The tree removal will be coordinated with the building permit. If the tree is found to need to be removed for the project, you will receive a preliminary approval for the tree removal. Once the building permit is issued, you will also be issued the permit to remove the tree. 25. When can a city tree be removed? A tree is only removed that is dead, dying, structurally unsound or if it creates a problem that cannot be resolved without causing great harm to the tree. Trees are inspected and the decision to remove is made on a case-by-case basis. 26. Can I have the wood from my city tree? The wood from city-owned trees belongs to the citizens of Redwood City. Usable wood is left along the public thoroughfare. Citizens may pick up the wood on a first come first serve bases after the crew has left the job site. 27. Can you remove my tree because it is messy? In most cases, messiness is not sufficient cause to remove a tree. Tree litter can be placed in the BFI recycling bins. The street sweeper will also pick up tree litter in the gutter during their normal route.

www.miamidade.gov...

www.the33tv.com...

Nothing to sneeze at: Albuquerque bans certain trees ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) - Call it an allergy shot for the sniffly-sneezy bunch: Cypress, mulberry, elm and male juniper trees will be considered outlaw greenery by next August. The City Council banned certain pollen-producing trees in an effort to provide relief for allergy sufferers. "We're not eliminating all trees; we're not eliminating a whole bunch of trees,'' said Alan Armijo, who sponsored the measure. "We'll still be able to plant 85 percent of the trees we're planting right now.'' The prohibition becomes law on Aug. 1. Fines of up to $500 can be imposed for growing, selling, importing or planting the new offenders. Male junipers that are taller than 2 feet also fall under the ban, which does not include existing trees. Rio Grande cottonwoods, quaking aspens, mountain cottonwoods, sycamores and ash trees can be sold as long as they are tagged high-pollen producers. The pollen count is generally high in Albuquerque from January to June. Tree experts said the ordinance, which was approved Monday by a 6-2 vote, would not be effective because allergy problems would shift to new trees as people become sensitized to different kinds of pollen. Environmentalists said banning trees would cause a precarious decline in the urban forest, making it more susceptible to disease.

lubbockonline.com...

As for the building rules some jurisdictions use a 10x10 and larger for a building permit others and any thing attached to the ground .

Simple construction facts work out side your license is fine able.

just look at a home owner association rules .

The food sellers was word of mouth

Mod Note : Posting work written by others.– Please Review This Link.
edit on 11-5-2011 by xpert11 because: Mod Edit and note , add external source tags

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

This.

Also, what state do you live in? These all sound like very localized issues.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

I live in NM near CO the county has passed many regulations in the last 10 years . I was taken back by a lot of them . but came to find out after some research that many of these are not just local . These type of rules are all over the US .

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Good post of restrictions in rural areas. Not only have restrictions in rural and city areas, if not set by homeowner associates and city and state rules, national laws are stepping in(Recent see TSA's security measures on Portland trams).

LA200 and other Antibiotics, syringes and needles can still be bought at animal feed stores, no questions asked, guess that depends on where you live... However, to buy certain medications online from a safe source, prescriptions are required. I feel that will change as soon as they deem 'bathtub meth makers' to be using the antibiotics in the making of methamphetamines, as they have done with other medicine(are you kidding me, fishtank bacteria neutralizing meds as an ingredient?!). Then it will be fully restricted. That or some other proposed reason(big pharma) to stop it from being available without prescription.

Suture kits can be bought on EBay, but haven't seen kits locally, in a while, but should still be available at in least some places
edit on 10-5-2011 by dreamingawake because: correction

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Just city and municipal ordinances that mainly keep the property intact and safe for all to live, cohabitate or to travel upon.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Lostinthedarkness

A few more local ones (these have happened to family members):
-in a historical district you cannot alter your home in any way and if it needs a new furnace you have to get it approved by a local government board who may tell you what kind to get.

-if you own a second home and want your kid to move into it, in most towns you cannot get an occupancy permit unless an inspector approves the home. That inspector can ask for anything from a new fence to trim and moulding around a garage door. If you say no, no occupancy permit and no trash/water/gas to the home.

-if you send your underage child out to play, and he/she gets injured, the neighbors who witnessed the injury can call the cops and they have to come out (or send a Child Protection Pro out)

-if you live in a home near a prominent geological feature, such as a cave or sinkhole, local ordinances forbid you from putting anything 75 feet from the mouth-not even a leaf pile.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
It gets worse every year too. Property taxes keep on climbing every year, yet my earnings stay about the same. So that means I have to work longer days just to keep up. If it continues, in 5 years I will have to work 7 days a week... Something's gotta give.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
i fear the day this will happen in the country i live - Indonesia.... it already starts

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join