It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when the US Army invaded China? Don't remember marching on Beijing? I do.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I will admit that my history classes only mentioned it once or twice, but what caught my attention was when the boxers killed 50 or so children while they were massacring the missionaries.

Yeah these are the people, I want to defend... so who really needs to apologize again?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by nateandcourt
I will admit that my history classes only mentioned it once or twice, but what caught my attention was when the boxers killed 50 or so children while they were massacring the missionaries.

Yeah these are the people, I want to defend... so who really needs to apologize again?

That's the thing. You have been filled with pro-nationalist propaganda that clouds your vision with one-sided stories that cause you to support the invasion army.

This is EXACTLY the same "Pseudo-Logic" that people in the USA suffer from today about Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

'Those people deserved to be invaded and executed! They killed our original invasion team's children!' /sarcasm

Many of the so called "missionaries" were actually agents of the Vatican, there to spread Imperialism and aid in securing resources for the imperialists. They were not really "Christian" per say, but were using that as their "sheeps clothing" to slip in without causing too much alarm. Please read further into this and you will see this isn't exactly a one sided "the evil chinese deserved it" issue.

Sure all murder is wrong I agree.

But you gotta admit, we shouldn't have been forcing our way into their nation to begin with.

Shall we discuss India and what the UK did there? Do you also think the Indians deserved what they got at the hands of UK Imperialism?

Hmmmm...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by nateandcourt

Yes, there were atrocities on both sides.
But the fact remains we were on their turf...

edit on 9-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Hehehe, I meant remember "hearing" or "reading" about it, but you guys/gals know what I mean.

I've been meaning to ask...

How was Woodstock?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by nateandcourt

Yes, there were atrocities on both sides.
But the fact remains we were on their turf...

100% nail on the head there buddy.

All murder is wrong, but being the invader we really don't have much justification or legitimacy.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, the French had pulled out of Vietnam by the time the U.S got involved.

The U.S initially sent troops to Vietnam to train the Vietnamise Army on guerilla warfare tactics. They wanted to halt the spread of Communism.

Vietnam was a country 9000 miles away from the United States of America. Yet America felt that its national interest was threatened strongly enough to fight a war there. The explanation lies in the fear caused by the spread of communism at that tim. The communist take-over of China, the Korean war and the communist Victory over the French in Vietnam - all led many Americans to fear that the communists were taking over the world and must be stopped.
edit on 9/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

No, the French had pulled out of Vietnam by the time the U.S got involved.

Not exactly.

On March 3, 1954, twelve C-119s of the 483rd Troop Carrier Wing ("Packet Rats") based at Ashiya, Japan, were painted with France's insignia and loaned to France with 24 CIA pilots for short term use. Maintenance was carried out by the US Air Force and airlift operations were commanded by McCarty.

Twenty four CIA (CAT) pilots supplied the French Union garrison during the siege of Dien Bien Phu by airlifting paratroopers, ammunition, artillery pieces, tons of barbed wire, medics and other military material.

The 37 CIA pilots completed 682 airdrops under anti-aircraft fire between 13 March and 6 May. Two CAT pilots, Wallace Bufford and James B. McGovern, Jr. were killed in action when their Fairchild C-119 Flying Boxcar was shot down on 6 May 1954

First Indochina War

This was during the First Indochina War, the US - Second Indochina War (Vietnam War) did not officially begin until 1 November 1955.
Second Indochina War (Vietnam War)

So it appears you were completely wrong about that. Nice try though.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
Great work there.
I'm in my mid forties and from the UK
None of this is taught in any schools to my knowledge.
I was not told about.

Star for your efforts op

Maybe it wasn't in the Curriculum back when you were a nipper (or your aged brain is on it's way out
) but we certainly covered it when I was at school in the 90's. It was part of a whole term on the British Empire and our role in world affairs back then.

Granted, most people don't really care much about history and I remember plenty being turned off and disengaged when I was at school, but I love the subject so paid attention.

It is a dark part of our history, but honestly, find me a nation on Earth who's past is clean and when they find themselves "on top", haven't done the same. Just see how brutal China's own dynsaty's were to their own people, even down to forcing all males to have some wierd haircut, punsihable by instant execution if found to not be sporting the approved style?

We're all human and we all have it in us to be total arseholes.

Sorry China, be kind when it's your turn....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Sure it's not going to be taught in schools. It's an invasion and goes totally against your constitution, right?

You got this part 100% correct buddy. Nice work.

It is totally illegal to have undeclared wars like this according to the Constitution.

Congress has to declare it first. Maybe they did? I'll look around and see, but I have a feeling they may not have bothered to declare it the legitimate way.

Thanks for bringing this aspect up Cobaltic, I will research it and see if Congress ever passed a resolution declaring war officially. Very nice point there.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Not completely wrong, that was CIA Black ops.

Sure I wouldn't doubt they had some involvement covertly, but officially they didn't.

Officially the U.S didn't enter the war at that stage.

This is the official version of events as taught in schools: www.schoolhistory.co.uk...

So not totally wrong, old bean!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Let's try not to make this a 'pity party' for China. That wasn't the intention of posting this topic.

The intention was to reveal that many people have been withheld important parts of our history that explain many of today's current situations.

I'm using a "conspiracy slant" since this is a General Conspiracy forum. And there are several "conspiracies" tied into this issue, hell, dozens of them.

That's why I framed it as "this wasn't told to us for a reason", and since Cobaltic brought up the question of if we even had a legal resolution declaring war, that is a possible conspiracy there too.

It also ties in really well with globalist conspiracies and explains a lot about the "NWO-group" and how they operate.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Sure I wouldn't doubt they had some involvement covertly, but officially they didn't.

This is the official version of events as taught in schools: www.schoolhistory.co.uk...

That's another conspiracy.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or serious but thanks for revealing that aspect of the situation. I appreciate your candidness.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Let's try not to make this a 'pity party' for China. That wasn't the intention of posting this topic.

Agreed.

If as some have already posted that...

"makes me believe that if the chinese ever knew this they would want to retaliate to it's fullest extent." etc.

Keep in mind that by comparison. That was a tiny blip in the very LONG Chinese history and pales in comparison to the carnage and atrocities by the Chinese on Chinese during the "Cultural Revolution".

Who will they "retaliate against"

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Vietnam War was officially a "police action" if I remember correctly. When I was in school many many years ago we covered the Boxer Rebellion fairly well. I seem to remember spending several days discussing the lead-up and follow-through. And there was an essay involved! Yikes!

But most students in high school will face this lesson with a "what does it matter" and promptly forget all about it. I also remember the movie starring Steve McQueen about a patrol boat in the Yangtze during the Rebellion. The Sand Pebbles I think it was. It's a good watch, if somewhat dated.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

China declared War on the Foreign Powers...

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't think there is any conspiracy in not teaching it (although they do in the UK) but rather a "what is important" to teach question with limited time, budgets and what have you. I've heard plenty said by Americans about their own School system and it would seem it is "patchy" at best when covering some subjects and in others is downright dodgy....
edit on 9/5/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull
I learnt about it at school.. it is after all part of history.. perhaps we (where) taught differently in the UK.. and yes we got to see the nasty graphic images.. tho I'd bet if I asked the kids today I would draw a blank expression.

There was also a movie staring among others David Niven and Charlton Heston on the topic so it is not as tho this is hidden... en.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for the interesting information. It's nice to know that at least at one point, this history was fairly well known and discussed in school (at least your particular school).

Also that Heston movie looks interesting, I will try to find a copy of it this week and give it a watch. Thank you for sharing that, I personally think Heston is one of the better actors (loved his Michelangelo*The Agony and the Ecstacy* and Soylent Green).

However from reading a synopsis on the film, it apparently is from the Alliance perspective, however I do not know exactly what "slant" they will take with the whole issue. I will just have to watch it and find out, and give my own critique afterwards.

Thanks for posting, I appreciate it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

That's another conspiracy.

I don't know if you were being sarcastic or serious but thanks for revealing that aspect of the situation. I appreciate your candidness.

No, I was high-lighting this because this is what is being taught, seriously.

I don't and won't sympathise with China. But as previously mentioned, every imperialistic regime has their skeletons and this goes back to the Romans, probably before.

But as Stumason says, let's hope China are more gentle, although I doubt it!!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hi there,

Excellent post and excellent thread.
many thanks for posting this , as many others who have posted before have said this is something that not many people know about, either through lack of this subject being taught or through misinformation (selective teaching )

many thanks OP

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

China declared War on the Foreign Powers...

EDIT: For what it's worth, I don't think there is any conspiracy in not teaching it (although they do in the UK) but rather a "what is important" to teach question with limited time, budgets and what have you. I've heard plenty said by Americans about their own School system and it would seem it is "patchy" at best when covering some subjects and in others is downright dodgy....
edit on 9/5/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

My personal experience with US schools was mixed. Some good teachers, mostly really poor.

In my 8th grade world history class, we were discussing WW2. And my history teacher said this, and I am not kidding either, "The Lexington was sunk at the Battle of Midway". I immediately raised my hand and said "No sir, it was the Yorktown that was sunk at the Battle of Midway". And I wouldn't allow him to win, we debated it for about 5-10minutes seriously in front of the whole class.

He then said to me, I'll bet you a free soda if you look it up and prove me wrong.

I went to the library and returned in 10minutes with a WW2 history book, and proved it was the Yorktown that sunk.

An 8th grader schooled his history teacher and won a soda, in front of the whole class. It was awesome.

But sad for the state of education!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I go to saint johns college high school here in Washington D.C and I was taught all of this stuff in the 10th grade so I don't think they are trying to hide it from anyone, great find though. snf.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join