It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when the US Army invaded China? Don't remember marching on Beijing? I do.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by OverMan
"92% of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan."

[stuff about Oxycodone]

The International Narcotics Control Board estimates that 11.5 tons[clarification needed] of oxycodone were manufactured worldwide in 1998, which grew to 75.2 tons in 2007.[11] Of all countries, the United States had the highest total consumption of oxycodone in 2007 (82% of the world total of 51.6 tons).[11] In addition, in 2007 the U.S. had the highest per capita consumption of oxycodone, followed by Canada, Denmark, Australia, and Norway

So, they find a pretext to invade, they then move to control and to protect the drugs, they export the drugs to the 1st world countries where they are used to addict and pacify the population while simultaneously the drugs are used as the excuse via The War On Drugs to negate our rights and destroy our families further by filling the prison system with our Parents and children.

The opium in Oxycodone doesn't come from Afghanistan.

The quote from your source, "92% of the opiates on the world market originated in Afghanistan" is referring to illegal opium production.

The opium for legal opiate medications is also legally produced. The #1 producer of legal opium for legal medicines is still, iirc...

...France.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Very interesting and informative.

Don't know if this has been asked.

You say the war was 1901, correct?

And yet you say you remember it?

If you were born in 1900 that would make you 111 years old, but you still wouldn't have been old enough to 'remember' it....

Am I missing something?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Excellent thread OP...

Amazing how history changes depending on who's teaching.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by c3hamby
Very interesting and informative.

Don't know if this has been asked.

You say the war was 1901, correct?

And yet you say you remember it?

If you were born in 1900 that would make you 111 years old, but you still wouldn't have been old enough to 'remember' it....

Am I missing something?

He's doesn't mean he remembers it happening, genius. He "remembers" it in a figurative sense. That is, he knows about it compared to people now who aren't told of it.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OverMan

I think it's highly relevant to the discussion to bring up Oxycodone thanks.

The discussion we have been having here in many ways explains partly how we have gotten ourselves into the predicament we are in now with these addictive substances.

Also the connections between the suppliers of modern Opiate based products and the historical suppliers abound.

Since I am thinking about it I will go ahead and link this; British East India Company.

the British East India Company)[2] was an early English joint-stock company[3] that was formed initially for pursuing trade with the East Indies, but that ended up trading mainly with the Indian subcontinent and China. The oldest among several similarly formed European East India Companies, the Company was granted an English Royal Charter, under the name Governor and Company of Merchants of London Trading into the East Indies, by Elizabeth I on 31 December 1600.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
What'd'ya mean, 'never taught'? There was a movie about it, '55 days in Peking',
Because that's the way the white people pronounced it then. I think it had Chareston Heston.
Christain Missionaries were entrapped in the Emporer's inner sanctum. The u.s. marines came to save them.
In possibly the biggest one-sided war ever. The chinese had no guns, the death odds were 20,000 to 2. I would guess that the u.s. marines had better mussle sp? safety discipline then, and the '2' were 'friendly fire'.
It all took place in 1900., and ended, I think, in August, that year.
It became the last piece of colonization for the WASPs.
Later, china lost their 'last emperor' and took up constitutional government in 1910.
So, China became the last in of blacks, browns, tans and yellows, for the wasps, and first back out in 1910.
Then, wasps had no one left to go against except themselves, so we got WWI, WWII, etc.

So, it was taught, in the day, its just, there's nothing on it now.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Again, China's military dwarfs in comparison. So who even cares if China found out? They wouldnt do anything. Their to weak to use force and they surely dont want to cut off there greatest source of income(USA).

This link will show you how much we spend towards our military compared to other countires. And this is just the money the tax payers know about.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The more and more threads and comments I read, it's starting to appear this is an Anti American website.

If only people were smart enough to not swallow mainstream media, WIKIPEDIA, and post their own delusional thoughts as "fact" which eagerly gets gobbled up by those who easily influenced because they don't know any better.

This world is going to hell and I believe it is because of people with outlandish theories getting together and presenting theory, and it gets turned into a "fact" when enough other delusional people agrfee with them.]

I think media today, PC today, etc is RUINING our county. Loose lips sink ships. Sure we should know some of what is going on, but NOT all. And not because it has to be hidden because it's so nefarious.

Modern culture wanting to know everything in realtime is going to kill more people than anything else in history. Secrets must be kept to keep our country safe.

This Country and others were built because they didn't have wesbsites, 24 hour news, and people screaming for civil liberties to learn every aspect of what is going on. the white house has already said to much in the last decade. Those who "seek the truth" and fill in the blanks with BS, are ruining this county. Im not saying atrocities shouldn't be reported, but I think those that feel the US is the Devil should look at their own policies and religions that make death, torture and rape, normal. Pot, Kettle, Black?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Essentially China was the new "New World". Just like the Americas - the Western world wanted to invade and conquer under the "Manifest Destiny" ideology.

They came in the same way:
1st - Simple Explorers
2nd - Traders and Missionaries
3rd - Colonists
4th - Armies

The difference is that China had an actual organized nation with an existing societal hierarchy able to withstand the "modernized" world's aggression.

Unlike the native American populations, the Chinese were able to lose the battles but win the war and eventually repel the full invasion and retain their sovereignty.

Make no mistake - the Allied forces were going to try and colonize China the same way they had the Americas a mere 300 years earlier.

The real crappy thing about it all is that the original Chinese culture died in that 100 long process. The pseudo Communist culture there now is an import.

Not sure that they could have avoided this themselves without being an expanding imperial power themselves, but that wasn't in the cards because they could never get their own house in order to look outwards.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Good Grief

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SigmundFRAUD
The more and more threads and comments I read, it's starting to appear this is an Anti American website.

If only people were smart enough to not swallow mainstream media, WIKIPEDIA, and post their own delusional thoughts as "fact" which eagerly gets gobbled up by those who easily influenced because they don't know any better.

This world is going to hell and I believe it is because of people with outlandish theories getting together and presenting theory, and it gets turned into a "fact" when enough other delusional people agrfee with them.]

I think media today, PC today, etc is RUINING our county. Loose lips sink ships. Sure we should know some of what is going on, but NOT all. And not because it has to be hidden because it's so nefarious.

Modern culture wanting to know everything in realtime is going to kill more people than anything else in history. Secrets must be kept to keep our country safe.

This Country and others were built because they didn't have wesbsites, 24 hour news, and people screaming for civil liberties to learn every aspect of what is going on. the white house has already said to much in the last decade. Those who "seek the truth" and fill in the blanks with BS, are ruining this county. Im not saying atrocities shouldn't be reported, but I think those that feel the US is the Devil should look at their own policies and religions that make death, torture and rape, normal. Pot, Kettle, Black?

Dude, if someone ain't hating on you - you're not doing something right. Everyone hates the winner - rules of the game.

Everyone hates the Yankees and rooted for the Red Sox, Everyone hates the Patriots and rooted for Indy.

When you're on top - everyone wants to see you fall... human nature.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I remember when the US Army teamed up with Russia and the rest of the gang to invade China. Do you?

Yes and we were taught is was to protect the opium trade!!!!

But then again I am no spring chicken any more... SIGHHhhhhh

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I've been meaning to ask...

How was Woodstock?

Mom would not let me go cause I was a girl but my brother went.

Careful you might get an answer you were not expecting.

Old Fart's Wife

edit on 10-5-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SigmundFRAUD

AMEN! I have finally found someone who shares my exacts thoughts about ATS.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Not too bing you guys back from your cloud, but I learned about both the Opium wars and the Boxer Rebellion in sixth grade. And no it wasn't all pc'ed we were taught that we(west) shipped opium to purposely get the population addicted and weaken them, and the boxer rebellion was taugth to us as the Chinese rising up to fight foreign occupation. No conspiracy and we expanded on it just as recently as when I was a sophomore only two years ago.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Excellent thread OP...

Yeah, thats galled Indoctrination. It'd popular in countries where most of the other generation was taught the same.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

I am not anti-American. I am a real American IMO, and love this country and what it was founded upon.

However, I am very displeased at the way international globalist corporations have USED our nation as a pawn in the global game of chess. They sacrificed our sons and daughters for their own profits and imperialistic pursuits. And they still do this same thing today.

I would have to term you as the Anti-American and reverse your accusation back onto yourself, sadly, due to the fact you support the "suppression of facts and truth" to "protect the empire" essentially.

Every part of these incidents reeks of Unconstitutional behavior, it stinks of cover-ups and misdirection and the twisting of perception towards a pro-imperialist viewpoint.

If you really cared about America and her children, you would re-think your position deeply and realize that murdering foreigners unjustly and unfairly only makes people hate our great nation. Also, they never believe us when we talk about Freedom and Liberty anymore either, because of these actions.

If you support a Constitutional government founded upon Justice, you will quickly reject the wars of imperialism that we have been involved in.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Excellent thread OP...

Yeah, thats galled Indoctrination. It'd popular in countries where most of the other generation was taught the same.

But who is the indoctrinated one?

The guy saying "Some truth needs to be covered up to protect the system" (you)
Or the guy saying "All truth must be revealed in order to make better decisions for the future" (me)

The guy saying "Some facts about history are Anti-American"
Or the one stating that "The Freedom to know our true history is pro-American"?

I apologize for paraphrasing your statements, but essentially that is what you were implying with your comments above. I am sorry that you dislike the truth, but it is something you will have to face and overcome. Please don't reject it as some Anti-American garbage. It's not. It's pro-American all the way my friend. Pro-Freedom, Pro-Truth, Pro-Justice.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gncnew

When you're on top - everyone wants to see you fall... human nature.

Yeah...that is why Americans work so hard to help developing countries or countries killing their own poeple, because we like to see people fall/fail.

It might be "human nature to want to see your favorite team win and the other fall". The US participates in Live and Death situations that impact the world. Not just whether a baseball franchise sells less hats and hotdogs if they fall

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I have heard of the Boxer Rebellion but never looked into it.

Why the hell can't countries just leave other countries alone?

And people wonder why the world hates us here in the U.S.

All this damn flag waving and "yahooooo" mentality is for the birds.

How about us minding our own damn business for once and taking care of our problems here.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join