It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember when the US Army invaded China? Don't remember marching on Beijing? I do.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+104 more 
posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Why doesn't anyone remember the US invasion of China?

Well it wasn't just the USA, we were part of a global alliance. Thousands of people died in battle, it was pretty sick.

I wonder why this isn't taught in American History ? US War vs China?
Oh yeah, because that's not what we call it. We call it something else. The Boxer Rebellion

And look at how arrogant we westerners really are. The Chinese dared fight back against our imperialism and we called them "Rebels". What kind of twisted double-speak backwards logic is that?? We were Invaders...

The Eight Nation Alliance was made up of :: USA, UK, Russia, Germany, Italy, Japan, France, and Austria-Hungary.
Year : 1898 -1901

Status : Ignored In American Public Schools and when mentioned, downplayed and smoke-screened with lies or half-truths.

Dead : Over 40,000 at least.

Why did the Chinese take arms? To oppose foreign Imperialism.

The uprising took place in response to foreign "spheres of influence" in China, with grievances ranging from opium traders, political invasion, economic manipulation, to missionary evangelism. In China, popular sentiment remained resistant to foreign influences, and anger rose over the "unequal treaties" (不平等條約), which the weak Qing state could not resist.

Look at this photograph, it's quite rare and impressive.

It shows soldiers standing side by side of the Alliance. [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7faef86648a5.jpg[/atsimg]

Left to right: Britain, United States, Russia, British India, Germany, France, Austria-Hungary, Italy, Japan.

Ever seen anything like that before?

Check this "famous" but actually totally forgotten painting depicting the US Army at battle in Beijing.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/477081b45ab0.jpg[/atsimg]

Print(reprodution) of the origional "I'll Try Sir," U.S. Army in Action historical painting, depicting the United States Army during the 14 August 1900 Allied Relief Expedition assault on the outer walls of Peking in China during the Boxer Rebellion.

Further information about this event.

During the fiercely opposed relief expedition to Peking in the Boxer Rebellion in 1900, when two companies of the U.S. Army's 14th Infantry Regiment were pinned by heavy fire from the east wall of the Tartar City and the Fox Tower between abutments of the Chinese City Wall near Tung Pien Gate, volunteers were called for to attempt the first perilous ascent of the wall. Trumpeter Calvin P. Titus of E Company immediately stepped forward saying, "I'll try, sir!" Using jagged holes in the stone wall, he succeeded in reaching the top. He was followed by the rest of his company, who climbed unarmed, and hauled up their rifles and ammunition belts by a rope made of rifle slings. As the troops ascended the wall artillery fire from Reilly's battery set fire to the Fox Tower. In the face of continued heavy Chinese fire, the colors broke out in the August breeze as the sign that U.S. Army troops had achieved a major step in the relief of the besieged Legations. For his courageous and daring deed in being the first to climb the wall, Trumpeter Titus was awarded the Congressional Medal of Honor.

I know crazy right? I was never taught about the US invasion of China as a kid. They told us about the Spanish-American War and then skipped right to WorldWar1. Well, this is what happened right after the S-A War.

And what did the Global Alliance of Imperialists do to the Chinese patriots who dared to stand up in the face of tyranny? They executed them.
This is the least graphic photo I could find.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cf683a87a139.png[/atsimg]

You should see the photo where the Japanese were beheading them. It's on the Wikipedia page, but I will not post the photo here at ATS because it's graphic. Here is the link. DISCRETION ADVISED! Graphic, View at own Risk

There is far worse than this. Far more graphic.

Why do so few people actually know anything about this event?

Here is why friends. Because we have been lied to and tricked and mislead about our own history for ages. Certain things are covered up or ignored while other things are focused on far more than they should be.

The Boxer Rebellion is an example of the NWO invading a resistant nation for imperialistic and profit based reasons. But aha! This Global Order of Imperialist Nations were already in action over 110 years ago. Surprise surprise.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. This is nothing compared to what has been hidden or ignored.

I remember when the US Army teamed up with Russia and the rest of the gang to invade China. Do you?

If you didn't know about this, shouldn't you be angry with your leaders for trying to manipulate your perception of American military history? (Or if you are from one of the other alliance nations - what about your history lessons?)

I don't know if this is taught in grade school in Europe or Japan, but I sure as hell know here in the USA it is largely ignored, downplayed, and lied about consistently when it is brought up.

I could go on forever about the coverup of history and what has been hidden from us. I suggest everyone read the wiki article and do google searches on the subject if they want to learn more about our Real History.

Maybe it's time the 8 nation alliance comes clean and apologizes formally and publicly to the Chinese people for what we did 110 years ago? I think that would be a honorable thing to do, personally.

Enjoy the reading friends. I will add more if I see anything significant that should be pointed out.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I didn't know about the opium wars either until December. I can't believe we forced China to buy drugs. But when they sent a ship full of opium here it made the news, although not very long. Just once was all I saw if I hadn't been by the TV I'd a never known.

Feds probably took it and sold it themselves, if they didn't smoke it first.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Wow I had no idea. Thanks for showing me another piece of history

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A pretty interesting link here too

www.awm.gov.au...

+32 more 
posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

it's no different from the coalition of the willing invading and destroying iraq and afghanistan, only this time the freedom fighters are called "insurgents." it's the same dastardly trick we've been using in our mass media over and over and over since the founding of this nation. we are always the good guys. no matter what.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
makes me believe that if the chinese ever knew this they would want to retaliate to it's fullest extent.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
thank you for the information, when i first started reading i thought it was leading down the path of somebody pretending to have memories of a future war with china and not understanding why nobody else remembers it, like a time slip claim. but the more i read the more it became obvious that it was refering to the past and an event that i have never ever heard of in my entire life.

star and flag.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by siren8
I didn't know about the opium wars either until December. I can't believe we forced China to buy drugs. But when they sent a ship full of opium here it made the news, although not very long. Just once was all I saw if I hadn't been by the TV I'd a never known.

Feds probably took it and sold it themselves, if they didn't smoke it first.

Glad you brought it up. The Opium Wars happened before the Boxer Rebellion. In a lot of ways, they led into it and developed part of the motivation of the Boxers.

The Opium Wars

The Opium Wars, also known as the Anglo-Chinese Wars, divided into the First Opium War from 1839 to 1842 and the Second Opium War from 1856 to 1860, were the climax of disputes over trade and diplomatic relations between China under the Qing Dynasty and the British Empire.

After the inauguration of the Canton System in 1756, which restricted trade to one port and did not allow foreign entrance to China, the British East India Company faced a trade imbalance in favor of China and invested heavily in opium production to redress the balance. British and United States merchants brought opium from Bengal to the coast of China, where they sold it to Chinese smugglers who distributed the drug in defiance of Chinese laws. Aware both of the drain of silver and the growing numbers of addicts, the Dao Guang Emperor demanded action.

Can you believe it?

We teamed up to smuggle illegal drugs into their nation PURPOSELY to harm their populations health and economic prowess!

What is the word for this? Dastardly?

edit on 9-5-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Great work there.
I'm in my mid forties and from the UK
None of this is taught in any schools to my knowledge.
I was not told about.

Star for your efforts op

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Haha well then it all makes sense now. This is why they produce toxic merchandise for the US. Payback Mutha******!

edit on 9-5-2011 by smokeythabear because: typo

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You remember it? Wow, you must be old!!

The boxers were a mean people weren't they?

Sure it's not going to be taught in schools. It's an invasion and goes totally against your constitution, right?

edit on 9/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
it doesn't surprise me to learn something new or should I say true instead of new hahaha about our history ......I new about the opium war with China, but I honestly thought they were only the Brits, not an alliance of countries.

Really appreciate this OP.

S&F for you

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I learned about the Boxer rebellion but then again I didn’t go to a public school. But come on now … sympathy for the Boxers? They were a pack of murderous savages .. kin to the Red Guard’s who swept though China in a orgy of death and destruction 50 years later. Whatever the grievances the Chinese had with the foreign powers that was carving them up doesn’t excuse the behavior of the Boxers.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I remember this was still in the history books when I went to school (early '60s). It was, as you say (in different words), whitewashed. Extremely slanted to put us (the invaders) in a favorable light. Years later I saw on (I believe) the History Channel a much more objective re-telling. To say it was news to me would be extreme understatement. It floored me.

But that was back when I was innocent, naive, and ignorant. Now I've found ATS, and literally nothing surprises me anymore. Often shocked, but never surprised....

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I learnt about it at school.. it is after all part of history.. perhaps we (where) taught differently in the UK.. and yes we got to see the nasty graphic images.. tho I'd bet if I asked the kids today I would draw a blank expression.

There was also a movie staring among others David Niven and Charlton Heston on the topic so it is not as tho this is hidden... en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
And people think that China is not going to remember something like this?

You wonder why China is so strong against western ways?

There you go.

Thanks, OP. Another piece of the puzzle placed.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
While we are on the subject of deleting history.. Tiananmen Square protests of 1989 anyone?

China has removed this from their history books altogether and guess what you cannot talk about it either.

Eleven-year jail sentence for free speech activist Liu Xiaobo.

As far as the boxer rebellion goes didn't Empress Dowager Cixi declare war first? it's kinda expected that you will be attacked if you do something like that. So yes the rest of the world sent troops to protect their citizens from them. The Boxers were not attacking military targets they were attacking diplomats and civilians. I have no sympathy for them.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

S & F

Thanks for posting.
Glad somebody has been spending their time reviewing Real history. Yes, I've read about this part of history a while ago. No, It wasn't covered in my lessons at "School" that thoroughly either. But I've always been interested in history.

I remember when the US Army teamed up with Russia and the rest of the gang to invade China. Do you?

If you didn't know about this, shouldn't you be angry with your leaders for trying to manipulate your perception of American military history? (Or if you are from one of the other alliance nations - what about your history lessons?)

I don't remember it. It was way before my time and I'll practically guarantee anybody who was involved is either now dead or sucking air through a tube. It is a good bit of history that shouldn't be forgotten or covered up. There are plenty of books on this subject at any local public library.

That's how I learned about it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I finished a course last year called 'modern world history' a 2 year course in the UK and not once did i hear of this! Or anywhere else for that matter!

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hehehe, I meant remember "hearing" or "reading" about it, but you guys/gals know what I mean.

While we are on the subject of Chinese History, I will also link the French vs China war as well.
Sino-French War

The Sino-French War was a limited conflict fought between August 1884 and April 1885 to decide whether France should replace China in control of Tonkin (northern Vietnam). As the French achieved their war aims, they are usually considered to have won the war.[1] Nevertheless, the French triumph was marred by a number of defeats in individual battles and the Chinese armies performed rather better than they did in China's other nineteenth-century foreign wars. In some quarters near Guangxi and in Taiwan the war is even regarded as a Chinese victory.

This is actually what led the USA to the Vietnam War. Directly.

Keep in mind during WW2 the Japanese took Vietnam from the French, but after the war the French re-occupied it.

When the US got involved in Vietnam it was because of a rebellion of the Vietnamese locals against the French Imperialist government controlling the region.
First Indochina War

fought in French Indochina from December 19, 1946, until August 1, 1954, between the French Union's French Far East Expeditionary Corps, led by France and supported by Emperor Bảo Đại's Vietnamese National Army against the Việt Minh, led by Hồ Chí Minh and Võ Nguyên Giáp. Most of the fighting took place in Tonkin in Northern Vietnam, although the conflict engulfed the entire country and also extended into the neighboring French Indochina protectorates of Laos and Cambodia.

This is why the USA got involved. The French were getting whooped and needed assistance.

The "Second Indochina War" Is called "The Vietnam War" here in the USA.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join