It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
OK, lets make this easy.

How many people here have seen a rainbow? OK, all of us I'm guessing. Good. As you know a rainbow is the splitting of white light into its various wavelengths via refraction through watter droplets in the atmosphere. Same as a prism.

How many people have noticed the red band missing from the rainbow? I have not, and I have seen several recently. Ergo - initial premis fails!

Now - I have searched through the usual web sites regarding luminesence of the sun. It does appear to be on the wane. This might have some bareing on your subject. It is getting dimmer out there!

However - the underlying premis of this thread, that the red is dissapearing from sun light - this is a falacy. It is not possible, Try dropping a picture into photoshop or whatever editor you use, and reducing the red channel. What do you see? Looking a bit blue/green? I thought so.

Now for those of you in sunlight at the moment. Go look out the window. Looking a bit blue green? No? Thought not.
Reduction in the red band would not make the sunlight look whiter! It would make it look blue/green-ish.

So, stop taking this nonsence seriously people. All this "It was different when I was young" stuff. I was young 40 years ago and I don't remember the light being any different. If you are having to squint in the sunlight - get out more! Remember - the past is always better in your memory. I remember those long sunny summer days when I was 5 or 6 years old, back in the 70's, all those Roller fans in tartan, platform shoes, playing on my pogo stick in the sunshine till bedtime! Brilliant memmories. The sun was the same as it is now, I promise you.

Blimey - all this from an OP who thinks plants only absorb green light! LOL

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by mossme89

you'd be surprised how many "indigo kids" use those exact words.

Haha what do you mean?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Wow, this is a very interesting read. Something about this thread is different from others... S&F for you, and bookmarking for future reference.

I've always had that thought in my head as well - that the world was more "sepia" colored back in the days, and the film isn't to blame for that.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

Before I got into any conspiracy sites I did notice that the sun seemed extremely bright,and thought oh well and went on with my life.Never thought that someone else noticed it too,I was afraid I would sound crazy if I said it to someone so I'm glad you put this well researched,thought out thread together.
If your theory is correct then where does that leave my sons who are both red,green color blind?(my father as well)They both see red as shades of browns and greens as shades of yellow and blues.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I agree whole-heartedly! Just the other day I was standing outside with my coworkers and talking shop when I made the comment, "Do you guys feel that?" Everyone stated how cool the temperature was, but no one noticed the intensity of the Sun's rays except me. I noticed how it was literally burning to my skin and when I asked the others if it felt the same, they said it feels hot on their skin also. They didn't notice it until I pointed it out though. The sheeple will simply fall in line and dismiss it.

I tell my wife, almost every day, that the sun and sky are different now. The sun is brighter and the skies are not deep blue any longer. TPTB simply tell us all is well ( and OBL is dead too) and we'll take care of you. I disagree! Something is happening folks. I'm 48 and have seen the world (thanks to USN/USMC). Be prepared folks!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Glad I am not the only one noticing a spectral shift. Much of this has to do with all the hydrocarbons that are in our atmosphere. Another factor is that the surface tension of water seems to have changed, making water molecules not stick together like they used to. Do I have any scientific proof? No, just theory.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
After doing a google search on the color of the sun I find that the natural color of the sun is supposed to be white. Our atmosphere is what makes the sun yellowish. So if people notice a change in the suns color, etc it is probably the atmosphere that is changing not the sun. I too have noticed that the sun seems whiter in color and very bright to look at. Also I know that many physiological things, diet, vitamins, drugs can affect light sensitivity both of the skin and eyes.

So that leaves me wondering what proof there is that the light has changed? I searched for pictures of the suns spectrum but couldn't find any to compare from an older date like the 70's. Then it occurred to me that a rainbow is a solar spectrum. So I looked up pictures of rainbows. From all the bright vivid rainbow photographs I saw red was very strong. In fact should any of you want to see the prism break down of sun light but lack a prism take your garden hose and create a fine mist in the sun and you can see the spectrum colors for yourself. Red is not absent.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thestillborn1
I agree whole-heartedly! Just the other day I was standing outside with my coworkers and talking shop when I made the comment, "Do you guys feel that?" Everyone stated how cool the temperature was, but no one noticed the intensity of the Sun's rays except me. I noticed how it was literally burning to my skin and when I asked the others if it felt the same, they said it feels hot on their skin also. They didn't notice it until I pointed it out though. The sheeple will simply fall in line and dismiss it.

I tell my wife, almost every day, that the sun and sky are different now. The sun is brighter and the skies are not deep blue any longer. TPTB simply tell us all is well ( and OBL is dead too) and we'll take care of you. I disagree! Something is happening folks. I'm 48 and have seen the world (thanks to USN/USMC). Be prepared folks!

I am almost the same age as you. This is not real mate. Every scientific source tells us that the suns luminocity is reducing. If it feels warmer on your skin it is because you have changed (You'r almost 50 dude!) If your friends noticed it after you pointed it out.... there is a name for that - autosugestion. Try asking your friends next time "Do you smell something odd" and make a fuss of sniffing the air. I bet you a months sallary at least half of them will agree with you!

Don't get sucked in mate.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
webecoist.com...

Wouldnt Rainbows cease?

Rainbows,
A rainbow is an optical and meteorological phenomenon that causes a spectrum of light to appear in the sky when the Sun shines on to droplets of moisture in the Earth's atmosphere. It takes the form of a multicoloured arc. Rainbows caused by sunlight always appear in the section of sky directly opposite the sun.
en.wikipedia.org...

Do not all charms fly
At the mere touch of cold philosophy?
There was an awful rainbow once in heaven:
We know her woof, her texture; she is given
In the dull catalogue of common things.
Philosophy will clip an Angel's wings,
Conquer all mysteries by rule and line,
Empty the haunted air, and gnomed mine –
Unweave a rainbow
Keats

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
[/more]

This is amazing, i have thought about this also. I myself am an "Indigo Child", alot of that is what happens so ive noticed, and that we also have a pack style manner, We segregate ourselves into cliques more than older generations BUT we accept other cliques more than older generations, Many of us do show up our teachers ive proved my math, History, English and science teachers wrong before on Multipul ocasions.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Also the frequency thing everything runs on frequency as the old druids knew Music/Sound ran the universe, we need to emit a certain vibration to create a frequency this is throught torsion and String theory that it is achieved but if it was posible we could create universes per say(travel to ones with specifics Eg. Dimention where elvis didnt die he did just go home! like MIB said
)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Solsthime331
Many of us do show up our teachers ive proved my math, History, English and science teachers wrong before on Multipul ocasions.

I can absolutely see where this would be accurate, yes.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

[/more]
Many of us do show up our teachers ive proved my math, History, English and science teachers wrong before on Multipul ocasions.

You can't show up anyone on spelling with writing like that! BTW Firefox has a built in spell checker - very nice.

Also our educational system has really gone into decline. When I was in school I had an alcoholic history teacher that reeked of alcohol and literally passed out snoring with her head on her desk. Showing up teachers isn't that hard to do.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
But there were measurements and scientific data about Sun for more then a century. So instead of very very subjective "i feel" ,"he swears", "they notice" - go and dig in the archives. THEN it will be a huuuge story.
I can add the fact that you surely know - evaporation rates changed (lower). This is a fact with numbers and such. It is blamed on more particle pollution in the atmosphere now vs then.
But maybe it i due to what you say. It is simply impossible though to trust your theory which got no proof. We change with age. Our eyesight is known to change with age. I will trust that long before i will trust change in sun luminosity.
Please don't exclude us because we are not scientific,the he swears,I feel,and they noticed are first reactions to something they never would have thought to investigate,now that it has been brought to our attention and initial reaction is out,I'm off to research and my next response will be more scientific and first hand observations.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

[/more]

This is amazing, i have thought about this also. I myself am an "Indigo Child", alot of that is what happens so ive noticed, and that we also have a pack style manner, We segregate ourselves into cliques more than older generations BUT we accept other cliques more than older generations, Many of us do show up our teachers ive proved my math, History, English and science teachers wrong before on Multipul ocasions.

Oh please!

First off to link the myth of "indigo children" with a falicy about changing sun light is absurd in the extreem. The phrase orriginated fro the fact the person who introduced the concept said that these children have "indigo auras"! Ok, I never seen one! Auras change depending on your location, mood etc. I dare 1 of you to get an aura photo - bet its not indigo!

Then, Have you even read about the indigo children falacy?

Indigo children is a pseudoscientific[1] label given to children who are claimed to possess special, unusual and/or supernatural traits or abilities. The idea is based on New Age concepts developed in the 1970s by Nancy Ann Tappe. The concept of indigo children gained popular interest with the publication of a series of books in the late 1990s and the release of several films in the following decade. A variety of books, conferences and related materials have been created surrounding belief in the idea of indigo children and their nature and abilities. These beliefs range from their being the next stage in human evolution or possessing paranormal abilities such as telepathy to the belief that they are simply more empathic and creative than their peers.

Although there are no scientific studies to give credibility to the existence of any indigo children, or their traits, the phenomenon appeals to some parents whose children have been diagnosed with learning disabilities and parents seeking to believe that their children are special. This is viewed by skeptics as a way for parents to avoid proper (and generally pharmaceutical) pediatric treatment or a psychiatric diagnosis which implies imperfection. The list of traits used to describe the children has also been criticized for being vague enough to be applied to almost anyone, a form of the Forer effect. The phenomenon has been criticized as a means of making money from credulous parents through the sales of related products and services.

en.wikipedia.org...

Please read it.

This is "one of those threads" I can tell.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have crystals that hang in my breakfast nook windows. They produce little "rainbows" on the walls and floor.
The red is still there, along with every other color you can think of, and maybe some you can't, lol. There is a beautiful aquamarine today....that I haven't noticed before.

But I can move them in a certain way, and sustain large bands of red.

OP, I really like the way you write, and I gave you a flag. But why would you write something that is clearly erroneous?

edit on 5/10/2011 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this keeps turning into an indigo children thread when it needs to be a chemtrails thread.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Surely this can be proven / disproven by scientific data?

Someone catch me up if sunlight data from present has been compared to data from say, 30 years ago ?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Seems like the sky was a much deeper blue when I was a child. You know, that deep blue that made you wonder that if you could just get up there to it you would be on the cusp of outer space. I used to day dream alot about it then. I remember being able to watch cumulo nimbus clouds stack up and take the "anvil" shape before a good thunderstorm. Now it seems like the sky just goes gray and it rains. Of course there are not as many blue sky days anymore and the ones that we do have seem to be more of a powder blue. What do I know? Maybe I have been caught up in the rat race too much to know what is normal.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
this keeps turning into an indigo children thread when it needs to be a chemtrails thread.

It already is - can't you see how effectively they have dummed down so much of society already?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join