It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Back then you would only feel Warmth on your skin.. and so I used to lay out in the sun to feel that warmth... these days a few minutes in the Morning sun is enough to make me head for shade.. even in Autumn as it is now.

Seeker:- If you stop wearing sunglasses you will get used to it again and not have to squint so much. I tried it for a year and found it was only a matter of weeks until I didn't seem to need sunglasses anymore.. although passing white buildings with white concrete footpaths still reflect way too much light for my old eyes.

As long as near 20 years ago I remember walking in the sun for a distance of perhaps 100 meters and it felt as if the sun was 100c on my skin - only in one suburb tho, possibly because 20 odd years ago I used to partake in recreational gatherings with mates...

I always thought it was like the sky had a hole in it and it was blistering...

I think this is entirely normal. There is nothing to define normal but it sure is not created.

Oh and hyper-photosensitivity is not cleared up by not wearing sunnies - I'm ver terribly photosensitive. And even on overcast rainy days, if I am caught without sunnies out side, even the glare off the wet road can debilitate me to the point of having to rely on someone to navigate.

Bright sights, or loud noises do me in. I hope you're not advising people who suffer a real problem to not use sunnies.. terrible to be caught in that...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp
What about plants? They absorb the green light, but are dependent on the Red and Blue to thrive. Is this the true reason behind the genetically modified plants? Modified to thrive without the Red frequency? Will those gardening notice a failure to thrive in their plants, or will the alteration cause toxicity? Is this the reason behind the Draconian gardening laws?

Plants reflect green light, that's why they're green. Also, infra-red (chlorophyll A) and ultra-violet (A & B) straddle the visible spectrum bi-modally with broad peaks and plants would see little effect from the subtle sort of shift you are talking about.

What I think you are experiencing is the effects of both nostalgia and ageing eyes.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I catch the bus every morning, and every morning the suns in my face but its so bright that i have to look in the wrong direction waiting for the bus to arrive, and i've been thinking for months now that the sun has changed, and yes it is almost white to me. Thank you for this post, makes sense to me.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
This thread reminds me of a Outer Limits episode
"Music of the Spheres"

Basically, removing the narrative, the plot was about the sun shifting to the ultraviolet...and ya, things went from a golden-ish red tone we are accustom to now, to a sort of annoying white florescent light color.

In the program, some aliens sent a encoded signal to earth, some DJ picked it up and thought it sounded cool, so added it to his music, and the people listening to it transformed..first it looked pretty bad, major skin disorders or whatnot...it was thought to be some crazy dangerous thing until they understood what was going on (basically, we change, or the sun kills us within a few minutes of direct exposure without the change)

Anyhow, perhaps the ops is influenced by seeing that episode years back and it pushing into his subconscious...or perhaps there is something to the story.

I am a late 30 something and in remembering my days as a kid, well...it doesn't matter what I remember, as its all just perception and unless I have had a implant to measure photons or what type and speed of the radiation coming off the sun now and compare them to back then, then my opinion means nothing beyond what I percieved.

Forward to 36:00 for things somewhat relevant to this thread.
edit on 10-5-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by BornParadox
reply to post by oleus

Zomg.. Earlier while on a smoke break I was staring into the moon and was noticing that the light was much more, white/pure/less yellow. Then I come home to this.

Gawd Damn Bravo OP.

What now? How do we learn? What do we need to know?

Eat food! Sleep some. Go to the toilet - and maybe even shower! Wake up tomorrow, feed the cat, pet the dog and feed the goldfish. Mow the lawn, prune the roses, weed that damn garden !!! Get the mail, throw the bills at the far end of the table, open the one addressed to the previous tennant - laugh that it's a final notice bill... Stop laughing when you realise you still live where that final notice is directed at.

Make toast, coffee and stare out the window - boy that sun sure is bright... Dont remember it ever being that bright.

Open the paper, turn to the letters to the editor... it's all about osama.. flip to the funnies.. calvin seems more and more black and white these days... dont remember it ever being that dull..

Get in the car, drive to work, arrive after swearing in 5 different languages at 5 various cultures who have 5 different modes of operating a car. Greet your boss, yet still say "Good morning!" and not what you have planned for past 8 months.

Sit at your desk, pray the annoying co-worker you work with doe.. she arrives... you spend all your effort staring at the monitor as if it will reveal a secret... you ignore her waffle asking whats so interesting about the monitor.

You survive another day.

You go home.

Make toast, because you have run out of mince.

Sleep.

You have time to do this and more.

The main thing to remember is, you're still going to die so don't worry!!!!!!!!

Personally, I'm going to make a pizza from scratch.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Since last July, the Earth has been falling ever closer to the Sun. Every moment since then, our planet has edged closer to the nearest star in the Universe, approaching it at over 1100 kilometers per hour, 27,500 km/day, 800,000 km every month.The Earth’s orbit around the Sun is not a perfect circle. It’s actually an ellipse, so sometimes we’re closer to the Sun, and sometimes farther away. Various factors change the exact date and time every year.So there you go. You may not notice the Sun looking slightly bigger, or being warmer..but its perfectly normal

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Related to this thread I have been shaving my head for some 20 years now, this year as a matter of fact Sunday last week I coached two soccer games spent 2 1/2 hours in the sun (60 degrees out) and my head is sunburned! I've never had that happen.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502
Related to this thread I have been shaving my head for some 20 years now, this year as a matter of fact Sunday last week I coached two soccer games spent 2 1/2 hours in the sun (60 degrees out) and my head is sunburned! I've never had that happen.

Try using spray on canola oil - the stuff you use in the kitchen -- I kid you not.

It stops the shaved scalp flaking, and I'm pretty sure it would allow you to cook an egg while playing soccer!

Not sure if it will help the pain tho, but it's an idea!!!

(seriously, the oil stops the scalp flaking if you're like me and are made from dessicated coconut!)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
i noticed a change in the sun also. i wish i had a prism so i could try the spectrum test. when i was a kid i remember looking at the sun and the orb being more orange now if i tried that id go blind because its more white and harder to look at. i remember studing stars and the cycles they go through and gasses that are burned. apparently we lived long enough to witness a change.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Speaking of light spectrum, ascension and changes of consciousness; I ponder the ideas of the people who are more susceptible to the change of spectrum....

For example, many many years ago, I had a picture of my aura using Kirlian Photography. What was interesting was that my aura is BRIGHT RED! I mean red red red....I have personally never liked red but thought that may be why I love blue so much, being I love the opposite spectrum, anyway, over the last 10 years I have redone my aura photo every other year and have noticed something very strange.....

My aura has slowly transformed......I went from being very red, to now more orange and violet. And this past year I have gone from loving the color blue MY WHOLE LIFE to really liking red now, and wearing more red.....hmmmmm
I have found this interesting to say the least. Also my spirituality has shifted, and many beliefs I have held dear have crumbled as new thought forms taken over.......Does it mean anything?? I'm not sure but I know for me over the last few years there has been a HUGE SHIFT!!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by badw0lf

Originally posted by ANOMALY502

Try using spray on canola oil - the stuff you use in the kitchen -- I kid you not.

It stops the shaved scalp flaking, and I'm pretty sure it would allow you to cook an egg while playing soccer!

Not sure if it will help the pain tho, but it's an idea!!!

(seriously, the oil stops the scalp flaking if you're like me and are made from dessicated coconut!)

I use coconut oil on my noggin, and now a hat all the time I guess.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Ya know, I too say it often to people around me that things look different now a days. Some people agree, some don't.

And there is something to it. Kids back in the 1970's through the 1990's drew the sun as being the color yellow in a blue sky. Do you know what they're drawing now? A white sky with a white sun. I don't know about you, but I have many people paying attention where I live and yes, on clear days the skies are blue, but that's early morning. The day NEVER stays clear and blue anymore. Once chemtrails come in the day finishes white. And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this. I've had many people come to me and the people I've had pay attention are also now very intrigued by it all. Something IS indeed amiss.

Maybe it has something to do with the ozone. Who knows. But today it just seems off than the days back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I do agree about the colour of the sun nowadays, though until reading this thread it didn't really occur to me that it was all the time, but am definitely aware of it when I DO decide to look at it
However, where I live in the UK we still get some lovely bright blue skies, and have had several days like that this year, and badly need some rain! Today is lovely blue with white fluffy clouds

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectJimmy
reply to post by destro423

You know what, I'll surely agree with you, the sun is bright enough to look white, no doubt about it. In fact my eyes are adjusting from just looking out the window at it. Where we differ is in you thinking it was once yellow, that's the nostalgia effect.

When you were a kid the sun was yellow, the sky was bluer and ice cream tasted better. Then you grew up, you started paying bills, had responsibility, and got scared of tomorrow. You needed something to look back on, so your brain made you think those things about your childhood. That's perfectly normal and how the mind works.

I remember fondly being a kid, running around on holiday on the French coast, that was still the same sun, but I was happier. I didn't have a care in the world back then, except what the little French girls on the beach were saying in that language I barely understood about the little British kid playing in the sand.

Those were good times, and I know I'm remembering them to be even better than they really were. That's why we all wish we could live back in our youth, before we got old, before we got scared. That's nostalgia, and if everyone else agrees with you, it's because everyone else is remembering their childhood better too.

Well I for one, don't wish to be back in my youth!! I didn't have a bad childhood at all, no bad memories, but I am 60 now, and don't wish to be any younger, or go back to any other time in my life. There have been good times and some not so good times, where I have suffered with depression a bit, but on the whole I've had a decent life so far, and am still looking forward to what the future holds.....no going back for me!!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Circumstantial evidence:

All broadcasts follow Red Green Blue frequencies. Whoops. Not now.

Nore did they ever. The analogue signal was embeded in a carrier wave which was transmitted. It was picked up by an areial and the television receiver subtracted the embedded signal from the carrier wave. The reason Digital is superior is because it can take advantage of error correction. Never was TV transmitted as Red, Blue and Green frequencies - how would this even work?

Television screens use Red Blue Green to make all colors through triangulation,

No, sorry - triangulation is how you trace radio signals. Diferent intesity flashes from each of the 3 colours procude the pixel element on the screen.

and we’re all using different screens now. Flat screens, LCD, etc. In the UK, they want to put radio on digital waves as well.

Digital radio has been arround in the UK for over 5 or 6 years. It uses the same carrier wave technology as televisions and transmits a digit audio signal on the carrier wave rather than an analogue one.

Oh, and then the light bulbs had to change. Everyone loves a bit of mood lighting, tinting golden in the early morning or the late evening. Only you lose that with the new mercury bulbs. Like the sunlight, they’re too white, too harsh.

You can buy new compact bulbs with a wide range of diferent colour temperatures, and a range of intensities. From golden to bright white as required.

What about plants? They absorb the green light,

Um, No! No they don't. They reflect green light, that is why they are green. Green is the only light they don't absorb - all the other frequencies they do absorb.

but are dependent on the Red and Blue to thrive. Is this the true reason behind the genetically modified plants? Modified to thrive without the Red frequency? Will those gardening notice a failure to thrive in their plants, or will the alteration cause toxicity? Is this the reason behind the Draconian gardening laws?

Plants grown under red LEDs + 3% BL and red LEDs + 15% BL had carbohydrate and enzyme activity levels less than or similar to plants under white light. In summary, the wheat plants grown under red LEDs had lower rates of photosynthesis and differences in carbohydrate levels compared to white light-grown plants. These alterations in leaf starch and sucrose concentrations may be a function of spectral quality-dependent changes in the activity of rate-limiting enzymes in starch and sucrose synthesis

gateway.nlm.nih.gov...
www.sciencedaily.com...

Why did you quote an article about plants grown in additional red light if your premise is that red light is going missing from the spectrum? Makes no sence.

Should we worry if the Red frequency that provides the dominant force in our oceans’ thermal circulatory pattern is slipping away?

Reference please. This is not true. There is no science in this statment at all. Humbug!

What happens when areas are warm that should be cool, and the air currents are no longer swept up and out and over the poles and circulated correctly? Wouldn’t we begin to see strange weather patterns, changes in our temperatures and even dies offs of marine life? Oh, wait. We have.

These things have nothing to do with light. It is the motion of the moon arround the earth you are thinking of.

Dude - if you had a question about indigo children you should have asked it. Stumbling through all this tosh realy made me think this was going to be a poor thread. As it turns out it is an interesting subject, shame you spoiled it.

So, what is your opinion, and/or what is your question? I have yet to figure this out from your ramble.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

made me laugh but you are so damn right!...if we worry too much it wont change anything,it doesnt really matter if we live 60 ,70 or 100 years...we dont even know why we live !..does it really matter if the sun changed?..the planet will go on,humanity will go on one way or another..
all i wish sometimes is to throw away this computer and the tv,maybe keep the radio for some music
..go buy some land ,a small house and grow my own animals and my own plants...i guess i hate modern times

a friendly hug to all of you who feel the same..tired of not knowing why,just live and get it over with..

a 29 year old gorgeous ignorant..

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
This is funny you know, every year there is a new topic here that discusses that he sun is changing color it emits towards us... But i think it could be happening. I somehow feel it is much brighter then it used to be!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by goodtimesarecoming

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
Ya know, I too say it often to people around me that things look different now a days. Some people agree, some don't.

And there is something to it. Kids back in the 1970's through the 1990's drew the sun as being the color yellow in a blue sky. Do you know what they're drawing now? A white sky with a white sun. I don't know about you, but I have many people paying attention where I live and yes, on clear days the skies are blue, but that's early morning. The day NEVER stays clear and blue anymore. Once chemtrails come in the day finishes white. And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who sees this. I've had many people come to me and the people I've had pay attention are also now very intrigued by it all. Something IS indeed amiss.

Maybe it has something to do with the ozone. Who knows. But today it just seems off than the days back in the 70's, 80's and 90's.

I do agree about the colour of the sun nowadays, though until reading this thread it didn't really occur to me that it was all the time, but am definitely aware of it when I DO decide to look at it
However, where I live in the UK we still get some lovely bright blue skies, and have had several days like that this year, and badly need some rain! Today is lovely blue with white fluffy clouds

Thunder storms the last few days where I am(North West).

I definitely think the sun is brighter, but I just put it down to work and being in the house more. When I was younger I was out in the sun for hours every day and full days on the weekend. It's alot rarer now that I'm out in the sun. Like alcohol, if you don't drink it for a few years and then do, it will hit you hard because you're not used to it. I've never really thought "Hey the sun has gotten brighter", I've always just assumed my eyes aren't used to it like they once were because I'm inside too much.

Or maybe there is some sort of atmospheric change and it appears less colorful.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
The sunlight is definitely whiter and hotter and brighter. My sister and I have been commenting on this for the past few years. It is not pleasant to have 'full sun' in the summer anymore. It is like a searing white light that drowns out everything and blinds you. I have noticed this. I am VERY sensitive to light and angle of light and have an excellent memory or light and angle from childhood. The light of the sun is 'off'...yes, it is.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Oh codswallop, all this 'moving into a better state of mind' rubbish. What about when I go outside and look at all the chavs around the place, the beatings, stabbings, fights, shootings. Wars going on worldwide, corruption, children dying from needless diseases when those who could help them just want to make themselves get richer instead.

Don't give me all this cr-p about 'moving into a better state of mind.'

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Also I hear that looking at computer and tv screens often damages your optic nerves. I can't speak for anyone else but I spend alot of the time on the computer as work requires it. Poor diet and lack of sleep can also be factors. Which is increasing exponentially.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join