It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grifter.be
This is funny you know, every year there is a new topic here that discusses that he sun is changing color it emits towards us... But i think it could be happening. I somehow feel it is much brighter then it used to be!

Hmm.... no.

Sun is still the same as before. You are only spending too much time in dark basement reading conspiracy crap on internet and when you from time to time come to suface your weakened eyes from PC monitor are blinded by the sun and then you blame some conspiracy theory for it

edit on 10-5-2011 by 6205LH because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
If the light spectrum gfrom a prism fas changed, then yes the sun is emmitting differently.
But dunno about effects on dna etc
Good post op.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I was born in 1942.
I observe that the sun appears whiter than it did in my youth.

My interest in the sun for the past 3 years has not been its colour, but its Xray emissions.
I have been experiencing extreme fatigue for 3 years - at age 68, this is 'explained' as old age onset, but I beg to differ.

For 2 years I experienced an overwhelming urge to sleep at odd times during the day.
I noticed that this urge happened to coincide with a peak in Xray flux. (When I get the urge I don't look at the graph, I sleep, then look at the graph afterwards.)

I do not have much scientific knowledge and am not conversant with what 'Xray flux' is. I just observed that it was affecting me physically.

For the past year the daytime urge to sleep has been less frequent, so maybe I have become acclimatised to whatever I was absorbing from the sun.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Don't worry about it, the Sun is still golden and skies are blue (at least for me)

Aging causes that you see sky more white. I'm 21 and I start see blue sky too bright so can't watch it long without sunglasses. And I have never been able to look sun, maybe my eyes are just too sensitive, I like being in dark places
I have never liked bright lights.

Its true that Sun is coming brighter, but it happens slowly. No one is old enough to see changes in Sun's light. But in 1 billion years, Sun becomes too bright for life on earth, average temperature rises to 30 Celsius degrees, and that is critical point, but then we can move to Mars

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hessling
Something else to ponder...

Has anyone else noticed how little time it takes nowadays to get sunburned?

When I was a kid, (I'm 49 years old now), I could spend an entire summer day playing baseball and basketball and never get sunburned. Mind you we didn't know what the hell "sunscreen" was or what the devil SPF meant.

Today I can get sunburned in no time whatsoever. It's not just me either. Whenever I tell someone this they tend to reply "yeah, I know what you mean...it happens to me too!".

Looking forward to more member replies. Great thread. S&F!

I think you'll find that simply being outside in winter, through spring and into summer prepares your skin and makes you more tolerant. However we do not go outside as much as we did. We spend far far more time in front of Tv's, Computers and behind the wheel of a car. As far as kids are concerned (here in UK) the fear of abduction factor has kept kids at home as well as computers 24 hr TV etc. When I was a kid the TV didn't really start until 5pm! and I used to go out ALL DAY playing in the woods, soccer etc.

Lifestyle changes is the cause not a change in the sun!

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

You have opened up reality - welcome. (not being sarcastic FYI)

When you can place your perspective of this change in suns color into your thought process you will start seeing other changes - probably very quickly at first, it may continue it may not.

It's up to you - you saw something awe striking - ready to see the good, the bad, and the ugly and still smile at the beauty of it all?

Good luck. Love & Light.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
1) everytime you say "frequency", i think you mean to say "wavelength". as color of light is measured in nm not hz.

2) plants do not absorb the green wavelength, they reflect it.

3) when you say they want to move to digital "wave", i think you mean to say "band"

concerning the plants grown under blue/red LED lights, i have performed many of these experiments myself. the blue spectrum is heavier during spring, encouraging vegetative growth. and the red/far red wavelengths are heavier during bloominig. the far red/infra red wavelengths are dominate at the end of the day during the last 30 minutes of sunlight, and play a major role on the next days metabolism. by altering how long the plant is exposed to each wavelength one can manipulate just about any aspect of the plants growth. we call this "light poisoning", and it can have huge side effects, such as changing the sex, color, shape, and vigour.

this illustratetes the relationship between light/plants and how they know what season it is. the light tells them what to do and when to do it....

i think its safe to say that if plants are this effected by a subtle shift in spectrum, humans will be tenfold.

oh and you can thank all of the pot growers for pioneering this research.

edit on 10-5-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
This can be nailed so easily. All that is needed is for sombody to produce a chart showing the amplitude by frequency of sunlight at midday for the same day of the year pre 1972 and today. I'm sure it will exist somewhere, some astronomy site maybe?

Otherwise this is simply viewing the past through rose tinted spectacles (hence the red light in the past
)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr

Originally posted by Hessling
Something else to ponder...

Has anyone else noticed how little time it takes nowadays to get sunburned?

When I was a kid, (I'm 49 years old now), I could spend an entire summer day playing baseball and basketball and never get sunburned. Mind you we didn't know what the hell "sunscreen" was or what the devil SPF meant.

Today I can get sunburned in no time whatsoever. It's not just me either. Whenever I tell someone this they tend to reply "yeah, I know what you mean...it happens to me too!".

Looking forward to more member replies. Great thread. S&F!

I think you'll find that simply being outside in winter, through spring and into summer prepares your skin and makes you more tolerant. However we do not go outside as much as we did. We spend far far more time in front of Tv's, Computers and behind the wheel of a car. As far as kids are concerned (here in UK) the fear of abduction factor has kept kids at home as well as computers 24 hr TV etc. When I was a kid the TV didn't really start until 5pm! and I used to go out ALL DAY playing in the woods, soccer etc.

Lifestyle changes is the cause not a change in the sun!

What fear of abduction? Kids still roam the streets like they always have.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
There are more particles in the sky. Radioactive particles most likely. In the Arctic we experience these as coronal rings around the sun "big concentric rings of light around the sun that look like rainbows" caused by reflections of the light from the sun on ice particles in the air. However now I presume these anomolies are presenting themselves as differences in refractions of light, lower light, and just plain different sight observations of colors of the sky, everywhere around the globe, including more heat, and less time to burn in the sun the presence of high amounts of radioactive particles in the air is causing these effects. I live in Hawaii and have seen solar coronal rings and lunar coronal rings in the past couple months. I have also noticed what seems to be the ocean rising. Ever since the tsunamis here and in Japan which is consistent with the damage of the nuclear plants the weather has been turbulent, the oceans have been much more turbulent, and the ocean truly has seemed to rise, It is much more humid, and the sun does seem to be dimmer but yet much more intense. I dont want to be a fearmonger. These are my observations, and my theorys. It is possible but not set in stone.
edit on 10-5-2011 by polarboarder because: edited to clarify and make the post more precise

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Very good thread. I've been paying more attention to our sun since a scary and intense dream that i had. Yes the sun's light has changed and seems whiter, almost like a bright flourescent bulb sometimes. Instead of feeling warm and welcoming it feels harsh. It's energies has changed to me. Don alejandro, Wandering wolf says hunab ku, the sun is going through a change as prophesied. He has much to say about this transformation we are going through in relation to our sun.

I noticed that the sun began to look differently in color after the lunar eclipse, before the big quake in Japan.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Well I've noticed the sun's not only whiter, but the light of a summers day in recent years literally washes the colour from the surroundings. Whether this is due to my age & eye health I don't know - I'm 36, but It's been noticed, even by folks in their 20's whom I had this conversation with last night while out.

The jury's out it seem's. My OH & everyone else seem to see this as something weird going on within our own atmosphere, even perhaps just regional since many have reported that while on their foreign holidays the sun's still as yellow & the sky still as blue as ever.

Bless my lovely OH though, I'm sure he think's I'm a bit of a nutter, but to satisfy my curiosity is cutting and polishing a prism at work for me today.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

I'm 64 and indeed the sunlight is whiter than when I was young. In fact I'd been saying that to friends, but only those who were older could remember the difference. Since I've never been comfortable in sunlight, (skin and eyes) this difference actually hurts. I've taken to wearing long sleeve shirts in the summer. Never was a sun bather.

Since the earth is in (or so scientists say) a cycle of changing poles, possibly this has some effect on what spectrum of sunlight reaches us. The thought that the sun changed the way it processes its fusion in the 1970's boggles the mind.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I'm not sure I fully understand the thread but are you saying the red spectrum is gone? This cannot be, two days ago I saw a rainbow and lo-and-behold there it was the colour red sitting frimly at the top, as it always has.

All broadcasts follow Red Green Blue frequencies. Whoops. Not now. They phased that out. We went digital. Television screens use Red Blue Green to make all colors through triangulation, and we’re all using different screens now. Flat screens, LCD, etc. In the UK, they want to put radio on digital waves as well.

I still use an old style television in my bedroom and it works just fine.

ALS
edit on 10-5-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
This is interesting...

I'm 50 and I've always remembered the sun being more "yellow" as a kid. For a long time I've thought, "why is it so "white" outside instead of yellow like when I was growing up. But then again, I never gave it much thought because my dinky yard seemed huge when I was a kid. I find it interesting that other have made this observation. F&S.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Wow, interesting thread.

Firstly, I agree with some of the posters when saying the atmosphere of our planet plays a huge part in what light gets to us, and it would be smart to start there. It's hotter? Sure is, apparently there's some global climate change taking place. Also we did a number on the Ozone layer. Even if your prism experiment is missing a range of color, that doesn't mean the sun is no longer producing it. It could simply mean the nature of the upper atmosphere has changed as such to block the red spectrum. This would lend some credibility to the chemtrails debate as well.

I personally haven't really noticed a difference with the sun itself, but i have noticed a lack of clear deep blue skies I remember as a child. that can easily be explained with increased pollution and air traffic.

What I do find interesting, for several reasons, is the fact that so many people here are saying they've noticed this "white" sun, and their friends have, their wives, husbands, etc.... Yet this is the first I've ever heard of it, and none of these other people have ever mentioned it before. I'd lean towards bandwagon jumping as is apparent in other threads. It's also possible that this will lead to the chemtrails scenario where once you learn of them, you see them everywhere. but I will also stay skeptical and make an effort to pay a little attention to the sun in the coming weeks.

So far though, today excluded as it's raining, the sun is the sun for me, yellow and bright, orange when it's setting, as always.

In the interim, I'd suggest anyone with access to a prism go document this, it will only take a second to capture an image and post it here. something as big and easily tested as a change in the nature of light coming from the sun, shouldn't rely on word of mouth, pictures or it didn't happen. I don't expect one, because the red spectrum is quite obviously fine, but I still expect something.
edit on 10-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Benchkey

Isn't it just more likely that your eyes have weakened over the years, making them more sensitive to light?

ALS

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

oh and you can thank all of the pot growers for pioneering this research.

HaH I was just about to comment on your familiarity with grow lights

So we can either go get a picture right now, or just wait for this grow season to kick off, if the plants are all kerfunkled then we might have a problem. My plants grew fine last year, and the year before, and well, every year as far back as I can remember. Last season was a bumper season but even the low yields were producing exactly as expected, no abnormal plant growth or stunting. No "poisoning symptoms" as such to mess up the flowering stage.

This season I intend to do some small variety tomatoes starting them indoors then moving outside for the flowering stage. (manual pollination is lame) so if there's any issue with the sunlight things shouldn't go smoothly.

I'm just not seeing the evidence for this myself, I'm not looking all that hard either.
edit on 10-5-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
An angle that just popped into my head. Maybe it has to do with the TV. My generation we grew up watching TV daily, after we had to come in for the night. Perhaps looking at screens like TV and monitors has messed with out color perception over time?

When I got my first pair of glasses at 19, I was amazed at how much details I was missing out on and not knowing. I suppose it was just a slow transition, so I didn't notice till I put that first pair on and looked at the world in 20/20 for the first time in like 10 years.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I have to say, i'm not surprised. It's spring in the northern hemisphere, and for whatever reason, i've felt the sun to be brighter and more white this spring. Anybody else?

Also, i fit the description of the "indigo" kids perfectly, even the age since i'm only 18. But i've thought it was just a way for young kids to say "we're better than you." Who knows?
edit on 10-5-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join