It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It Was Right In Front of Our Eyes

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ev0lveUp

I know the lack of Vitamin D causes weight gain, which I've noticed not only with myself but with others around me, but is the Vitamin D carried in the Red light ban?

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt[/i
Now - I have searched through the usual web sites regarding luminesence of the sun. It does appear to be on the wane. This might have some bareing on your subject. It is getting dimmer out there!

However - the underlying premis of this thread, that the red is dissapearing from sun light - this is a falacy. It is not possible, Try dropping a picture into photoshop or whatever editor you use, and reducing the red channel. What do you see? Looking a bit blue/green? I thought so.

You're making some excellent points, and I'd like to add a few others:

* as we age, changes in our bodies cause us to see, feel, and taste things differently (as a child, the smell of oranges would make me ill because it was so strong. Now I love them.)

* one of the changes that comes with age is decreased color vision (I can link up a whole ton of journals on this, but here's a nice site that explains it all without overloading you with terminology) click here for more info

* in addition, pollutants have changed how the light appears here on earth. The light from the sun is being filtered by the atmosphere, so we're not seeing what the sun puts out.

* the sun does have known cycles where it's brighter or dimmer (and does more complex things.) As far as we know, they've been going on for a very long time (billions of years.) Check out wikipedia for the summary of this

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl

I know the lack of Vitamin D causes weight gain, which I've noticed not only with myself but with others around me, but is the Vitamin D carried in the Red light ban?

No. Vitamin D is made by your body (made by your skin, actually). It's a response to sunlight.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

nice thread. lite, but nice.
this has been a feeling I've been unable to articulate for some time now. the stars at night appear to twinkle and sparkle more than I ever remember, and the sun definitely seems whiter, less golden. this is of course, pure speculation and could be paranoia or getting old. it could explain why so many 2012 programs keep popping up on history channel and others. recently i watched a program which claimed a connection between nostradamus and 2012...it's getting a bit ridiculous.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Shamatt

I think kids today call it peer-pressure. Don't they? Anyway, you're probably right!

I do spend most of my time outdoors though and truly feel things are not right.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wheelindiehl

HA HA HA HA HA HA

Vitamin D carried in light - that is brilliant! My favourite quote of the day that!

Vitamin D is created in the eyes and skin by the action of sunlight.

Lack of vitamin D causes rickets, not weight gain.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
this keeps turning into an indigo children thread when it needs to be a chemtrails thread.

Look at me! I'm special! I am an Indigo Child!!

Actually a look to your left here will reveal that I was a Blue Child but that is neither here nor there.

I agree that the sun does seem brighter and I burn easier but maybe that is a reflection of my diet? Maybe we are eating food that lacks nutrients we used to have and that makes us burn easier and makes us more light sensitive?

A search for diet and sunburn reveals a lot of people seem to think so, but hey a lot of people could be wrong.

edit on 10-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is incredibly interesting... (another lurker here) hoping a reminder is sent 'somewhere' for me to read this tomorrow, the world has me exhausted today....
Good job
by the way

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MegaMind

perhaps.

but what if the plants aren't producing as many nutrients due to the changes in light?

*head explodes*

link   
So I watched one of these videos regarding the Suns light change since the 70's and the fact it is now burning He into C.....How is this a good thing? You do know how the life of a star works? When our star burns He to C it is in the final stage. Yes a very long stage but the final stage all the same........Is this confirmed? our sun is now burning He to C?

If this is true then the sun isn't going to get much colder anytime soon infact it will expand.

link   
WHOA yellow star to white?
isnt that a sighn that its dying?
i mean its not sopposed to happen this soon (acording to scientist) but then again there human. (not god)
yea we probly are being conditiond to live without it, hell i can see that.
nothing new about stuff like that.

just kinda scares me that its getting whiter. that might be what the human race (if not the world) will go through during this ( evolution), that seems to be happaning fast.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh yes...Hi! New here
thank you for having me, and see you tomorrow...and cheers for such a brilliant site, even if some of it IS fluff

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ev0lveUp

What about plants? They absorb the green light, but are dependent on the Red and Blue to thrive. Is this the true reason behind the genetically modified plants? Modified to thrive without the Red frequency? Will those gardening notice a failure to thrive in their plants, or will the alteration cause toxicity? Is this the reason behind the Draconian gardening laws?

Plants grown under red LEDs + 3% BL and red LEDs + 15% BL had carbohydrate and enzyme activity levels less than or similar to plants under white light. In summary, the wheat plants grown under red LEDs had lower rates of photosynthesis and differences in carbohydrate levels compared to white light-grown plants. These alterations in leaf starch and sucrose concentrations may be a function of spectral quality-dependent changes in the activity of rate-limiting enzymes in starch and sucrose synthesis

gateway.nlm.nih.gov...
www.sciencedaily.com...

Assuming the Red spectrum were waning, then only those plants whose accessory pigmentation filtered the R&B light would be affected. Red algae is a perfect example of plant life that would not be affected by a loss of or diminishing red light. Also, they don't absorb the green light, the reflect it because they don't absorb it.

Should we worry if the Red frequency that provides the dominant force in our oceans’ thermal circulatory pattern is slipping away? What happens when areas are warm that should be cool, and the air currents are no longer swept up and out and over the poles and circulated correctly? Wouldn’t we begin to see strange weather patterns, changes in our temperatures and even dies offs of marine life? Oh, wait. We have.

What leads you to believe that the red spectrum of light is in any way a DOMINANT force of the thermal circulation? Salinity and the denseness of the liquid is the DOMINANT force that guides it's movement. And the sun isn't the only mechanism that heats the oceans either. It is as equally heated from undersea volcanism as it is from the sun. In fact, were it not for prevailing winds, 60% of the "warmer" waters, would instead be frigid.

What is the human + frequency relationship?

I think there is a far greater relationship for humans in schumanns resonance than there is as relationship of red light to humans.

“Indigo children” is the New Age description given to children born after 1986 (?). Is this the ‘feel good’ description to define an actual fact- a pretty painting to pre-dispose the populace into expecting change and giving it a lofty ‘ascension’ aspect?

What does the light do?

How will this transition affect those of us more aligned to the Red frequency, other than grieving the loss of the golden glow?

You mean, alleged transition, don't you? Or do you mean If it IS a fact, then how would the resulting transition...etc? It was a little hard to tell if you think it all a fact or a possibility.

Descriptions of indigo children include the belief that they are empathetic, curious, strong-willed, independent, and often perceived by friends and family as being strange; possess a clear sense of self-definition and purpose; and also exhibit a strong inclination towards spiritual matters from early childhood. Indigo children have also been described as having a strong feeling of entitlement, or "deserving to be here." Other alleged traits include a high intelligence quotient, an inherent intuitive ability, and resistance to authority.[4][6] According to Tober and Carroll, indigo children function poorly in conventional schools due to their rejection of authority, being smarter than their teachers, and a lack of response to guilt-, fear- or manipulation-based discipline.[7]

LOL you're kidding right? You ask any group of 100 people, on any day, and likely 90% of them would describe themselves identically to this....Indigo or not.

How much have we heard about ‘moving into a higher frequency or ‘else’ you fail? A LOT. How much have we heard that it’s not just a feel good tangential New Age diatribe? Zero.

I'm very much in the "it's just a feel good tangential new age diatribe" camp. Firmly planted there too.

Now, will we be allowed to discuss this?

Arent you right now?

Will it affect us in our day to day lives? Well, it seems like it already is, going by the expenses put out to not mention it- but work around it anyway.

It's not affecting me.

I’d like to hear your thoughts- and please, no bashing- I can also pick this post apart ten ways to Sunday, for its lack of scientific jargon. I’m attempting to communicate to the largest audience possible, not publish a scientific paper.

Well, I assume that when you ask to hear thoughts, they would include dissenting thoughts, not just those that support the premise? With that said, sometimes the only way to establish why you're dissenting in the first place is by picking certain elements of a discussion apart.
edit on 10-5-2011 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Omniview
WHOA yellow star to white?
isnt that a sighn that its dying?
i mean its not sopposed to happen this soon (acording to scientist) but then again there human. (not god)
yea we probly are being conditiond to live without it, hell i can see that.
nothing new about stuff like that.

There won't be any living without the sun. I can guarantee that. (Firefox spell checker is your friend or should be)
edit on 10-5-2011 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
So I watched one of these videos regarding the Suns light change since the 70's and the fact it is now burning He into C.....How is this a good thing? You do know how the life of a star works? When our star burns He to C it is in the final stage. Yes a very long stage but the final stage all the same........Is this confirmed? our sun is now burning He to C?

If this is true then the sun isn't going to get much colder anytime soon infact it will expand.

It will expand because burning He to C reduces it weight. This means the heat produced has a greater expansion effect than the gravity caused by its weight, and it therefore expands. It is not expanding because it is getting hotter, but because it is getting lighter. This will take many millions of years before it has any affect on earth.

But I did read the same theory somewhhere (New Scientist I think) - interesting topic. Not related of course! lol

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Indeed, although spending far too many hours in front of the computer replying to ATS threads and posts, has been found to cause weight gain.

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That's bs, we've never been able to look at the sun without going blind. I'm 52 and that's one thing I remember well; when we learned in school not to even glance at the sun.

link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone

Originally posted by Shamatt

Indeed, although spending far too many hours in front of the computer replying to ATS threads and posts, has been found to cause weight gain.

And probably rickets too lol - Get out of the bedroom and into the sun lihgt people!

link   
Solar luminosity

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The solar luminosity, , is a unit of luminosity or radiant power (power emitted in the form of photons) conventionally used by astronomers to give the luminosities of stars. One solar luminosity is equal to the current accepted luminosity of the Sun, which is 3.839×1026 W, or 3.839×1033 erg/s.[1] The value is slightly higher, 3.939×1026 W (equivalent to 4.382×109 kg/s or 2.107×10−15 M☉/d) if the solar neutrino radiation is included as well as electromagnetic radiation.[2] The Sun is a weakly variable star and its luminosity therefore fluctuates. The major fluctuation is the eleven-year solar cycle (sunspot cycle), which causes a periodic variation of about ±0.1%. Any other variation over the last 200–300 years is thought to be much smaller than this.[2]

Just a bit of input to consider

posted on May, 10 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I was born in 1953. The skies were bluer and the sun was yellower. I've been saying so for a few years and my kids think I'm crazy (well, they may be right, but...). Back in the day, parents used to warn their kids not to "stare" at the sun. That was because the sun wasn't as "bright-white" as it is today, and you COULD actually stare at it for a quick moment before turning away. Today, parents don't bother. You can barely glance at the corona, forget the disk, before being forced to look away. Haven't read all the responses, someone else may have already mentioned this, but a "whitening' sun will have repercussions for Kal El, aka, Superman, whose super powers depend on a yellow sun. Bummer.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join