It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massachusetts: proposed "arsenal" law"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

While I really disagree with how many guns are floating around and how easygoing people are about weapons like that, I can't as a Canadian under canadian law dictate how americans should feel about their law and agree with you fully there.
The only opinion I offer is, if they allowed guns to be had by all in the first place and are now seeing how it affects crime etc, why aren't they wasting time on this. I think existing gun laws need to be addressed seriously, instead of trivial things like how much they have and making some elaborate law to govern it.

As a canadian I say, I dont like your guns but I like that you exercise your rights according to law. Whether I agree with the overall concept shouldn't be thrown into the debate like some. Come to canada! But leave the guns at home

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Finally, a Canadian gets it.
Here is the kicker. Take the "Assault Weapons Ban" (Crap from start to finish). It has bans on importation of foreign manufactured firearms for sale in the US. Canada has no such ban. So, in alot of cases, your laws are not as strict as our.

But, all that aside. Gun crime, as a whole, is committed by people who are not legal owners of firearms. Gun laws only control the willing and those that don't want to be criminals.
I do agree, that current laws, if enforced would take care of most of the problems. New laws are not needed. They only serve to keep politicians looking busy and to strip the rights away from lawful/legal owners.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

Just for S's and G's, go do a check of the violent crimes committed in Kennesaw GA, as compared to surrounding cities/towns.

I will wait for your reply in what you have found.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Is this another law trying to force us into a contract with some corporation? We have the right to own weapons, but if you exercise that right you must install & maintain home security installations with centralised monitoring that comes with installations cost & monthly fees?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SeeingBlue

Seems to be.
Is Honeywell or GE involved?

Who has the brainpower/time to research if any major companies have HQs in this state?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I just re-read the second part posted by the OP.
So they not only want to restrict owners, but want to create new departments within the LEA to be involved?

Why are more people not going crazy over crap like this?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
....people seriously own more than 10 guns? I live in canada and haven't even seen a gun aside from police officers and military...

Get out much? I live in Canada and I have several guns... all legal... and I know lots of people who own guns, for hunting and competition.

Originally posted by OUNjahhrynI think the law should be "if you own more than 10 guns, get rid of most of them"

What about LIVE AND LET LIVE? Most Canadians need a reality check and learn what FREEDOM means.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
I just re-read the second part posted by the OP.
So they not only want to restrict owners, but want to create new departments within the LEA to be involved?

Why are more people not going crazy over crap like this?

I'm mad as hell...
think this is just another intrusion of big brother into our personals lives...
but you saw the reaction I got... Apparently I'm just another gun nut rather than a responsible law abiding citizen????

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
This law, as so many short sighted ideas do, will lead to a flourishing black market for weapons that go bang. People will merely go under the table. Not that I would ever do that, oh no, not me... uh-uh... nope. Strictly law abiding, that's me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yep, as we are all just knuckle dragging savage cowards.
I am truly worried at the state of people when the reaction to this is not "Why is the Govt doing this and how do they have the authority to does this".
Oh well. My friends and family are not like that, so there is hope.

edit on 9-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Like there isn't one already...when was the last time you were at a gun show
anyone can get anything there no problem no background check and often even banned stuff as well.

ETA:
fair nuff...
edit on 9-5-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

What I should have said was, even more so than there already is...

No need to edit now, I guess...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Don't think all us in canada are morons lol. 27 guns in our house at the moment

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeeingBlue
Is this another law trying to force us into a contract with some corporation? We have the right to own weapons, but if you exercise that right you must install & maintain home security installations with centralised monitoring that comes with installations cost & monthly fees?

I was just going to post something about that... The government trying to save another to big to fail company again on the sly?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Nice sig. by the way with 27 guns in the house I guess you don't need too much protection

The key is to have at least 4 people there to wield them...you know cover entrances and at least the front and back of the house

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

What about LIVE AND LET LIVE? Most Canadians need a reality check and learn what FREEDOM means.

freedom - you can own guns, or not own guns. You can agree with guns, or disagree with guns. I AM expressing my freedom.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

Yes you are, by agreeing with a law that restricts the rights of others.

Gotta love it.

edit on 9-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Yes you are, being agreeing with a law that restricts the rights of others.

Gotta love it.

not once did i state in this entire thread that I agreed or disagreed with the law. What I have been saying is that (in my eyes) owning more than 10 guns is preposterous and unnecessary.

I'd rather see the money people are spending on their fear/little D@&K syndrome go towards people that are suffering NOW. instead of buying your 11th gun. donate that money to those that need it.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I would rather see lefties stop trying to dictate to people how to spend the little money the governments let us keep. If you want to throw away your money, that is your business. Some of us would rather invest our money in useful tools, without being held to retarded unconstitutional conditions.
edit on Mon, 09 May 2011 16:34:56 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn
....people seriously own more than 10 guns? I live in canada and haven't even seen a gun aside from police officers and military...

I think the law should be "if you own more than 10 guns, get rid of most of them"

So what does this mean then?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join