<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OUNjahhryn

Originally posted by macman

reply to post by RickyD

we should destroy all guns and only allow swords. reinstate the samurai code. i'm sure the cowards that use guns against innocents to rob or intimidate would all but vanish.

Samurai had crossbows. Your argument stinks more then what I left in the toilet.

actually they used a yumi compound bow. but im pretty sure that was only for horseback. plus the samurai really changed after (i think) chinese or mongolians invaded. so depending on what era you get your information on, its very different.

Still a device that can force a lethal object to strike a target from a distance. Your retort leads nowhere.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I own 2- .45 cal pistols, a .40 cal pistol, a 9mm pistol, 2- .22 cal rifles, 2- .223 cal rifles, 2- 7.62x39 rifles, 2- .308 cal rifles, an 8mm rifle, a .30-30 cal rifle, 2- 12 ga. shotguns and a .410 ga. shotgun.

I also own 4 suits, 4 sport jackets, 63 ties, 8 pairs of shoes, 34 dress shirts and 27 pairs of slacks.

Why?

Because I can.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by OUNjahhryn

I agree if there were no guns people would think twice about violence when it's up close and personal and very gruesome but there has always been crime and people that are fine with slicing you up so it makes no difference. I just think we should all be on level ground. If you knew I was armed the same as you you'd think twice about aggression towards me. It's simple no matter what the weapon is if we are on equal ground then those people who pick on the weak would have far less targets.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
If I had the money, I would more then likely own about 50 different guns.
Why? Because I want to and I can.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

the comment about destroying all guns was morose a lighthearted comment between myself and another poster in this thread. that being said. if tomorrow all guns on earth were destroyed. I would rejoice.

outside of hunting. guns just make weak men strong. THAT being said. hunting is no longer a necessity for most. ie, grocery stores. but usa#1 can keep all their guns and gun lovers, you guys seem to really enjoy bullets, i'll stick with my instruments of music, not war.

Im out of this thread. you all worry me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by RickyD

I agree if there were no guns people would think twice about violence when it's up close and personal and very gruesome but there has always been crime and people that are fine with slicing you up so it makes no difference. I just think we should all be on level ground. If you knew I was armed the same as you you'd think twice about aggression towards me. It's simple no matter what the weapon is if we are on equal ground then those people who pick on the weak would have far less targets.

I don't think so. Society as a whole overcomes social obstacles very quickly. The violent crimes would just be in the form of knife attacks. Lets not forget spears, axes, swords, crossbows, bow and arrow, blowguns, slingshots.
I can go on for hours with this.

Violence will not stop, just because one of the inanimate objects is removed.
edit on 9-5-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by survivalstation

Not to encroach on your freedoms, but........ why do you need 63 ties? That's... ridiculous.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

think its invalid? research how many they each had. i'm sure it wasn't more than 10, which is what this whole thread and my argument is about. learn to stay on topic buddy.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

So it was a lighthearted remark, with a non-lighthearted idea behind it? Um, ok.

Thanks for granting America permission to go about our business.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Did you read the whole post cause that's what I said
If there were no guns there still have always been criminals and people who wouldn't think twice about slicing someone up. The point is a level playing field...if you aren't able to be singled out as the weak one your not as much of a target.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Your right...
Look at the UK... they have some of the strictest gun laws on that planet...
they also have one hell of a problem with knifing... knife attacks... they easily mach our gun violence rate per capita...

but ya know who have even stronger stricter gun laws.... Mexico... and with 35,000 dead now... those laws dont seem to be very effective now do they?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   

reply to post by macman

think its invalid? research how many they each had. i'm sure it wasn't more than 10, which is what this whole thread and my argument is about. learn to stay on topic buddy.

It does not matter if they had 100. Still not the business of the Govt, or Canadian citizens.
I could care less what laws are passed in Canada. And I will always stay out of the business of the Canadian Citizen.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by RickyD

Yeah, it was an agreement/addition to.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Really it doesn't matter how many you have you can only effectively wield one at a time so if you have 100 the best you can do is arm others and that seems to be what they're really against and why would they have to worry is what you should ask yourself. I'd say it's cause of the way they are f^cking us over and creating an unhappy population. That is why we have the right in the first place!

ETA: It's all about level ground...
edit on 9-5-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Well now that half of us have probably made 5 federal lists off this thread I'm gonna check out what else is going on in the world today...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Really it doesn't matter how many you have you can only effectively wield one at a time so if you have 100 the best you can do is arm others and that seems to be what they're really against and why would they have to worry is what you should ask yourself. I'd say it's cause of the way they are f^cking us over and creating an unhappy population. That is why we have the right in the first place!

ETA: It's all about level ground...
edit on 9-5-2011 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

Here here!!!!!
Someone gets it.
Yes, 100 guns would be nice to have, cool to show off and brag about. But, you are right as you could only man one at a time.
Still, it's the right of the individual.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well now that half of us have probably made 5 federal lists off this thread I'm gonna check out what else is going on in the world today...

HEY! I never said I had any guns. Yeah, I don't. Yeah, that's it. None. Move to the next house.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Mactire

When you work in an office wearing a tie 4 or 5 days a week, having a different tie with the same shirt and slacks looks like a different outfit.

That and I'm a sloppy eater always getting gravy, spaghetti sauce, etc on my tie.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by survivalstation
reply to post by Mactire

When you work in an office wearing a tie 4 or 5 days a week, having a different tie with the same shirt and slacks looks like a different outfit.

That and I'm a sloppy eater always getting gravy, spaghetti sauce, etc on my tie.

Yes, but the question is, are all those ties registered?

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I have around ten guns, because I have a house full of music instruments. I entend to keep them thank you.
Both instruments and guns

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join