It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Credible Intel on Al Qaeda Plots to Bomb New York City

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
If anything, I think something will happen before the RNC. Its obvious Al-Qaeda wants Bush out of office, Kerry did not seem that much intrested in fighting terrorism (at least at the rate Bush does), until now. I would think they wouldnt want to give Bush a chance at the convention and thus Kerry and the dems had their big hoopla, and Bush, as far as the "hollywoodness" of the conventions go, would not even get a chance to shine.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcgolf

Originally posted by Grimnebulin
Goodbye RNC protests. 250,000-400,000 were expected to show. Good excuse for a total security clampdown.

Of course, it's all part of the Bush "World Domination Plan." I seriously doubt it's all part of a master plan.

Been in Boston in the last week? Talk about total clampdown... a dedicated protest zone covered with razor wire, away from the convention center. The protestors never got organized enough to cause any ruckus, and it showed. There were only six or eight arrests in the entire week.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I will give my black helicopter theory on this so called threat: I beleive this is desperation on the current administration to either postpone elections or NOT have the elections....at all......BUT since we are about to be attacked because these terror alerts are "inviting" something to happen, we will have a police state...and this...my friends, will be the beginning of the END. I keep saying this current administration will LEAVE the white house kicking and screaming.....so while i can still exercise my freedom of speech, I will let everyone know what's going to happen...This has all the earmarks of the coming dictatorship to America run by the puppetmasters in Washington DC, and starring George W. Bush, Puppet par exellence. I may NOT be able to speak freely later on... so thank you for letting me indulge.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In my opinion, there will be no dictatorship, just like in 1999 and 2000 and 2001 and 2002....well, you get my drift. By this time next year people are still going to be able to bash and diss the government, whoever is in office, and pretty much say almost anything they want to say.

If terrorists wanted to hit a state that has many tourists they would have chosen Florida or California, not New York, althou NY does have a lot of tourism, but not as much as FL and CA.

Are people forgetting what the WTC was already? New York and Washington DC have always been the center of the US. One is the capitol where pretty much our government resides, and the other, New York, is the market center of the US, and it was the first capital of the US, where Washington took his oath as president in 1789.

If you want to destroy a country you hit both the market and the government, and that would be New York and Washington. Althou hitting the market would be enough, but these people really want to leave nothing to chance it appears.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh, is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Is anyone keeping an eye on Ann Coultier?

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by curme

Is anyone keeping an eye on Ann Coultier?

Yeah, but I usually turn the sound down

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Why are people so perplexed as to why they would target NYC???

Its pretty simple really; it's the financial hub of the world, cultural hub of the US, the HQ of several global media conglomerates and is home to more than a million Jews.

What more could an Islamic terrorist want in one city (besides federal government facilities of course)???

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by astarc
Its pretty simple really; it's the financial hub of the world, cultural hub of the US, the HQ of several global media conglomerates and is home to more than a million Jews.

Exactly. A proper nuclear bomb would kill more Jews than are living in Haifa. The economics would be a disaster even on another small scale attack like 9/11.

Somebody mentioned about tourists...tourists? They want to kill Americans and Jews so they target something that's constantly in the media and has the highest density population. The question left is why people consider NYC to be a less attractive target, more a wish or? Every intelligent terrorist would go after NYC if not fitted with material to blow up WDC objects.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Nothing is going to happen in NYC during the RNC if you think the security was tight in Boston just wait till you see the security in NYC. The government knows terrorist don't like bush cuz of hit tough stance ion terrorism so the security will be very tight and I think nothing will happen.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Nothing is going to happen in NYC during the RNC if you think the security was tight in Boston just wait till you see the security in NYC. The government knows terrorist don't like bush cuz of hit tough stance ion terrorism so the security will be very tight and I think nothing will happen.

Yes, during the RNC NYC is probably a fortress

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by shoo

Originally posted by WestPoint23

This is has nothing to do with conventions, it's an imminent threat against buildings in NY from suicide truck bombings. The convention is a month away.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast

This is has nothing to do with conventions, it's an imminent threat against buildings in NY from suicide truck bombings. The convention is a month away.

Read my post. Read your post.
Tell me yours makes sense as answer on mine.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by astarc
Why are people so perplexed as to why they would target NYC???

I though that NY have majority hispanics.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Fox news is saying Tom Ridge will give a news conference on this threat at 2:00 pm EST. This may be worth watching.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The source is dubious, i'm not worried by this one at all.

Still, it will be good to watch Ridge remind us all to be scared.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Still, it will be good to watch Ridge remind us all to be scared.

I am sorry you see things this way. In my mind, he is trying to keep people alive.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Two updates:

1) Tom Ridge has called off his planned trip to New York today, according to spokeswoman Shannon Galey.

2) The FBI and DHS will "provide additional details this afternoon'' on various pieces of threat information the agencies are gathering. Probably a press conference.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Possible evidence Right Here??

www.prophecies.us... pic&topic=0&PHPSESSID=df66be93ae45496db26cc780cbed65b3

Posted on: Saturday 31 July 2004 @ 06:47:54

dreammuscle23 writes"I have this feeling that America is gonna be rocked soon by a terrorist attack. Before the new year it will come and it will be devestating for all. I have dreamed about this and cannot remember what type of attack it is just that it kills many. "

Posted on: Saturday 31 July 2004 @ 18:14:00

kimberlynn writes"I am a practicing psychic. More I am a medium. My most recent readings I keep getting a brick wall being built between the spirit world and myself. They are preparing for a large number of souls to pass at the same time. They are in great turmoil over what is to come. What I have seen while doing my readings is this. White box trucks no letters or words on them anywhere. In the back of these trucks are between 4 to 6 men. As they get out of the trucks I see them each being handed a brown cardboard box. The boxes are 2ft by 2ft squared. Inside the boxes are round metal balls almost the size of the box. As the men depart from the trucks they all move in different directions. 1 man and only 1 will be stopped he is the only one that will not make his target. I see this happening in nyc, as well as 3 other locations..1 could be the boston area i see cobblestone..1 looks to be phillie...1 looks to be san fran I am being shown that bridge...I do not see alot of fire coming from the explosions at all..I do see buildings damaged I see ppl running and gagging, falling in the street..I see roads being blocked and government workers in full white gear and gas masks. going in and starting the clean up. It is not nuclear, seems to be dirty bombs.."

Posted on: Thursday 29 July 2004 @ 11:06:41

Emissary writes"Dreamed that I was lying on the bed when I noticed the sky turned red. I went to the window and there was a very large man in a white robe. He had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. He reminded me of Jesus but he was NOT Jesus. He looked very biblical.

He spoke to me telepathically and said "Do not fear. These things must come to pass." As he said this, he turned his head and faced the east towards New York City and a tear rolled down his face.

At first I had no idea what he was talking about and then I got the impression of water. Water covering certain parts of New York especially downtown (financial district). A huge wave of water is coming which will come in as far as Mid-town (42nd Street).

I was not given a specific time. "

[edit on 1-8-2004 by sugeshotcha]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm constantly amazed at the number of people who claim that the terrorist alerts and ongoing war on terror are simply political ploys by the government. These are people who have demonstrated a capacity to commit mass murder and the most savage dehumanized murders imaginable. What is more evil than producing a death-cult mentality in which snuff films are produced.

For those of you who are not of this opinion, I suggest you read what terrorists are actually saying. There are plenty of informative sources that provide thoughtful analysis of terrorism. MEMRI has often provided verbatum translations of interviews with terrorists. Eastern intelligence network has provided verbatum translations of jihadist message boards and also translations of various announcements, including the statements read before numerous beheadings.

One can anticipate that some folks will suggest that the message boards, beheadings etc are the work of a vast government conspiracy. But the scale and scope of such a claim is pretty fantastic and lacks credibility. Moreover, if this is the case, why do we not have some folks coming forward, ala deep throat, to expose such a charade.

These radical jihadists wish to kill my family, you and your family, our economy and destroy our society and western civilization, period. If you doubt this, become better educated about what these folks say they believe, what they want to do and why. We kafirs (non belivers) are to be converted, subjugated or slaughtered. This is not simply an anti-american/anti jewish ideology. There are kafirs around the world that have been targeted. From China to south east asia, central asia, africa, europe and australia. This is a global jihad and is evidenced by what these people say and their actions. To believe otherwise is folly.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Another Update:

NY Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Ray Kelly will give a news conference @ 4:00 PM EST.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join