It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-THREATS: Credible Intel on Al Qaeda Plots to Bomb New York City

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I know that for some, this is old news. But I include this as a point of ref. and to put the terror discussion withing a broader context.

The 18th issue of the Al-Qa'ida-identified journal 'Sawt Al-Jihad' included an interview with Fawwaz bin Muhammad Al-Nashami, commander of the Al-Quds Brigade that took responsibility for the May 29 attack at Khobar, Saudi Arabia, in which 22 people were killed. The following are excerpts from the interview: [1]

........."We entered one of the companies' [offices], and found there an American infidel who looked like a director of one of the companies. I went into his office and called him. When he turned to me, I shot him in the head, and his head exploded. We entered another office and found one infidel from South Africa, and our brother Hussein slit his throat. We asked Allah to accept [these acts of devotion] from us, and from him. This was the South African infidel." ............See link below to read entire interview. warning, graphic

www.memri.org...

Al-Qa'ida's website [1] posted a video featuring the "last will and testament" of several of the May 12, 2003 Riyadh suicide bombers. According to the site, the wills were recorded two weeks before the attack, on April 29, 2003. Transcripts of the wills were also posted.

.........."A message to the West in their language, as best I could [in English]: I invite you to accept Islam by saying 'Ashhadu Anna La Ilaha Illa Allah Wa-Muhammad Rasul-ul-Allah' 'I bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is his messenger.' �and you will be my brother in Islam, and it doesn't matter what your nationality and color [is]. After you accept Islam, if any enemy attack[s] you, I will do what I can, even if it costs my life to save you. We want from all Christian and Jewish to go out from our Islamic countries and release our brothers from jails, and stop killing Muslims, or we will kill you, as you are killing Muslims. We will continue in our fighting until we get what we want. The real Muslims, they mean what they say. Very soon, all the world will see what we will do. You will not enjoy your life, forever." .....

www.memri.org...

Interesting places to visit

www.terroranalysis.com...
www.debka.com...
www.siteinstitute.org...
haganah.us...
www.homelandsecurityus.com...
www.borrull.org...
www.janes.com...
www.memri.org...
www.e-prism.org...
www.usip.org...
www.maktab-al-jihad.com...
www.truthusa.com... (massive link list)
www.middle-east-online.com...
www.strategypage.com...
www.geocities.com...
home.earthlink.net...
www.zionism.tk...
www.jihadwatch.org...
edwardjayepstein.com...
www.worldthreats.com...

www.google.com...

LL1

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Below is from our local "NY 1" news station:

August 01, 2004 On NY1 Now: News All Day Weather: Muggy, Few Showers High 84

Top Stories

NYPD Warns Of Possible Truck Bomb Attacks

AUGUST 01ST, 2004

New, credible intelligence suggests Al Qaeda may be planning suicide truck bombings against New York City-based corporations, authorities say.

The threats have prompted the NYPD to remind security personnel to take extra precautions at buildings throughout the city, including closely monitoring heating and ventilation units and parking structures.

There is no word of any specific plot, but the NYPD's warnings come after an ABC News report that Al Qaeda may be planning suicide attacks in the city. The network also reported that Al Qaeda may try to send terrorists into the United States across the Mexican border.

It is unclear whether the latest warning is linked to the detention of a woman at a Texas airport last week. She was arrested after trying to board a flight to New York with an altered passport and $7,000, and she was later found to be on an FBI watch list.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
IMO, we are being trained to accept a world of constant terror and revolution. Of course, after checking it at ATS, I then tuned to CNN to see what was going on. I missed the Ridge conference, but heard the warnings over and over - truck bombs, financial institutions, political influence - then, as if to cement the horror into my mind, CNN immediately cuts to Paraguay - where a bomb has just gone off with 70-130 people dead. No cause for the explosion, just a perfect long shot of the smoke, fire, chaos and fear. My subconscious sees terror warning, then bomb damage footage - that's the last I've seen of the paraguay bombing so far - but that bombing footage is inexorably linked to the terror warnings in my mind now.

Then cut to the coordinated car bomb attack against christians in Iraq.
Then cut to the "ceremony" commemorating the warsaw uprising.
ugh.

These guys are the absolute masters of media brainwashing. I'd be very impressed if it was so damn scary.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok- now the terror alerts codes are being elevated- Can anyone please tell me, if this government knows (they) are coming here thru Mexican borders WHY OH WHY are they NOT sending Civil Guards, every man who is signed up for ANY duty to cover ALL of the Mexican border- Heck i'd volunteer myself, and im a woman- WHY isnt the government doing anything different in respect to covering the borders?

Doesnt that raise some red flags with you? Call me a nut but i still beleive this is all a bunch of Boogie Boogie flap 1) to take away from the Democratic convention, 2) To set the stage for Bush's speeches at the Republican convention...or worse yet.... to INDEFINATELY postpone elections...this prospect sends a chill down my back........

We are being conditioned mentally and, sorry to say, it is working....
The scariest part about this is the fact that by CONSTANTLY saying "they're coming, they're coming.....", we are inviting- INVITING something to really
happen in our country. So now we wait and see what happens. Those who know the truth will pay. I do beleive this. At this point, many of us wonder what is REALLY going on-

This country is in much need of an overhaul and this is usually done by a new government and administration. I dont specially like Kerry, but who else would be in the position to do overhaul? No one but Kerry.

My intention here is not to Bush-bash, but to try to get a better, clearer grasp on the situation we are faced with today.

We get, Code red, but go about your daily lives- Code orange, but enjoy your day- " They're coming", but dont let that upset your day-Buildings are a target, but go on about your daily lives- Borders are crawling with terrorists, but no extra security- Come on.....This is sheer insanity, and I cannot wait to be rid of this administration

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
fear fear fear fear fear...so we, the govt, need to protect the citizens but we can't do it without having much more ...shall we say, latitude in identifing possible suspects. of course the suspects would not be middle-eastern 'cause that would be profiling. anyway.....an enemy with no country, except the countries that the govt says so..an enemy with no face, except the face the govt gives them...an enemy with no tactics, except the tactics the govt says they will use...basicaly, an enemy that is whoever the govt says they are.
the u.s. is kept in a constant state of fear....what happens to people when they are constantly being told that they need to fear, it will happen, keep an eye out, watch your neighbor, train in home service workers 'how to spot signs of a possible terrorist....u.s. ....land of the snitch, home of the weak

reality is stranger than fiction........

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
George Little: The sky is falling....The sky is falling.....No wonder we are the laughing stock of the entire world.

To those of you who want 4 more years of this: BIG MISTAKE. DO SOME HOMEWORK. THIS IS NOT WHAT WE WANT FOR OUR CHILDREN.

This administration rules on terror- This is an old and neocon way of getting the results the government wants-

This is just a hop, skip and jump away from dictatorship.....YOU MUST BELEIVE THIS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

lOOK UP HITLER- Any article on Hitler will give you step by step blow by blow of what is happening now...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
SOURCE: DRUDGE REPORT LIVE

25 YEAR OLD CAPTURED AL QAEDA COMPUTER GEEK BLOWS WHISTLE TO SAVE HIS BACON........DEVELOPING.......HOLLAND TUNNEL TO CLOSE DOWN AT MIDNIGHT EASTERN TIME AS PRECAUTION... this is too much...stay tunned......
BUSH WILL SAVE US

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
George Little: The sky is falling....The sky is falling.....No wonder we are the laughing stock of the entire world.

This administration rules on terror- This is an old and neocon way of getting the results the government wants-

This is just a hop, skip and jump away from dictatorship.....YOU MUST BELEIVE THIS BEFORE ITS TOO LATE

lOOK UP HITLER- Any article on Hitler will give you step by step blow by blow of what is happening now...

Talking about propaganda......and you are here to save us? You have all the anwsers to every problem we have right? or rather you will say that Kerry will be the one to save us....

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Another 9/11 is just what Dubya needs right now..... Or Usama, The next four weeks pre-republican nomination party would be the opurtune time for Dubyas crew to try for another 9/11 type swindle, dont you think?
The one, the ONLY solution to stopping all possible terrorists??? is take away their cause!!!

[edit on 1-8-2004 by NOBS]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I don't mean to sound rude, but how many of the people in posting on this thread are actually from New York or Washington and secondly even in the states?

Its much easier sitting in Uzbhekistan and saying well there isn't really any cause for concern, than living in New york City and saying oh well life goes on.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I live in Phoenix, Arizona- The hub for terrorists entering from the south. My life could be at stake- Now you know im not located in Bumfok, Ethiopia.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I am very concerned leading into November elections and the Republican nomination party conference over the next four weeks.... What on earth can Dubya offer up otherwise to reassure the masses than more retoric for his nomination speech ???
Another 9/11 would be perfect timing for him...

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Actually the bin laden family will profit from another 9/11 attack.

If the U.S. boosts defense spending in its quest to stop Osama bin Laden's alleged terrorist activities, there may be one unexpected beneficiary: Mr. bin Laden's family.

Among its far-flung business interests, the well-heeled Saudi Arabian clan -- which says it is estranged from Osama -- is an investor in a fund established by Carlyle Group, a well-connected Washington merchant bank specializing in buyouts of defense and aerospace companies.

Through this investment and its ties to Saudi royalty, the bin Laden family has become acquainted with some of the biggest names in the Republican Party. In recent years, former President Bush, ex-Secretary of State James Baker and ex-Secretary of Defense Frank Carlucci have made the pilgrimage to the bin Laden family's headquarters in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Mr. Bush makes speeches on behalf of Carlyle Group and is senior adviser to its Asian Partners fund, while Mr. Baker is its senior counselor. Mr. Carlucci is the group's chairman.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This is more
..........Lets hope this alert is also bogus.

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I e-mailed a friend of mine from my old neighborhood on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, this is the actual letter. The opinion of one New Yorker:

Yo...

So Tom Ridge says the feds are getting stuff that
isn't the "usual chatter". I think it's because they
haven't faced the "unusually successful Democratic
convention" they now have to deal with.

It's bull#...fear is all the right wing has.

XXXXXX
--- XXXXXXX wrote:

> Is NYC's new red threat level serious, or just
> political
> posturing for the upcomming convention? Does this
> have
> to do with the churches being blown up in Iraq, are
> they going to blow up churches here? Just though
> maybe
> you would know the vibe since your on the street. An
> embedded
> citizen.
> ~XXXXXXX

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Now I'm no terrorist but I know if I crashed my exploding car into CNN's building and people see two or more anchormen being blown up live, thats better than blowing up cows in Nebraska.

That in itself (the anchormen being blown to bits) would make the location much more desirable, IMO...

Sorry, couldn't resist!

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I live in Phoenix, Arizona- The hub for terrorists entering from the south. My life could be at stake- Now you know im not located in Bumfok, Ethiopia.

Me too. It's pretty scarey to thnk we are the hub of the terrorist system. I try not to let all this hype bother me, but, despite my logical arguments to the contrary, when I saw some Middle Eastern people in Walmart today, I was a little unnerved. That's no way to live! I was really ashamed of myself for feeling unnerved, but there's been all this Phoenix, hype and it was crowded store and Walmart drives me whacko anyway

Living at the crossroads

joey

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
Yo...

So Tom Ridge says the feds are getting stuff that
isn't the "usual chatter". I think it's because they
haven't faced the "unusually successful Democratic
convention" they now have to deal with.

It's bull#...fear is all the right wing has.

Your friend say that the democratic convention was an unusual success?.......
Kerry had a 4 point bounce...a very small bounce. Bush and Kerry are almost pretty much in a tie right now, but Kerry is also losing a lot of vet votes due to his military record more so than Bush. I think this will be a very close election also, and the voters that are still undecided will decide the election. Anyways, the democratic convention was not "unusually successful."

[edit on 2-8-2004 by Muaddib]

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This isn't about the RNC. Its about the DNC. This is needed to quickly shift attention away from the DNC to something else. Get peoples minds off of the democrats to help keep people from swinging their direction. But that aside...

How on earth is anyone supposed to believe anything that comes from Ridge's mouth? Credible evidence? Credible and Ridge are two words that should never be used together. He wouldn't know credible if it ran him over. They make up stories every few months in order to justify dragging out the "war on terror".

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
This isn't about the RNC. Its about the DNC. This is needed to quickly shift attention away from the DNC to something else. Get peoples minds off of the democrats to help keep people from swinging their direction. But that aside...

Why is it needed if the convention was not really that successful?.....
If it had been a real success, then perhaps, but even then i think there is a high probability that this is real.

And once again, people were making a big deal because the administrations (both Clinton and Bush) didn't take the AQ chatter very seriously before 9/11, but now that we are taking it more serious it is also a plot by the government?......

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join