It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 91
<< 88  89  90    92  93 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Ironically, I've been the main one in this thread discussing both the "physics" and the likelihood of her hacking Twitter, and, at the moment, that's what I'm leaning towards. Even the most novice of hackers could gain enough access to rewrite the text of one of their own tweets from April 28...it's really not that hard. Earlier, I had decided that it was nearly impossible for this to be a hack, but it never occurred to me to simply rewrite an earlier tweet (I guess the simplest solutions are sometimes the hardest to see)...it makes it much more likely.
How does one "simply rewrite an earlier tweet"? I would love to know how, but I do not seem to be able to figure that out on my twitter account.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by 000063

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Occam's Razor, people.

The simplest solution is that it happened. You all are bending over backwards with theories on how anything couldn't be manipulated.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com[
The simplist solution is that Meg misread the news ticker. All we have is hearsay. No video of FN. Just one person, watching a network with a viewership of millions, making an uncorroborated claim.

Actually. On mothers day I was talkin with me mum. Since we were visiting ground zero I thought to bring up osamas death.
Now I usually try to avoid topics I read about on ats while talkin with her because she's rather innocent nature, ad often is not up for those discussions.
But oddly she was excited about the topic because her brother who lives in Georgia, who she spoke to earlier, was telling the same story as the original post. And I can assure you my uncle does not visit ats. He watches fox like a hawk unfortunatley... from what I understand he saw this on the ticker aswell. And he has absolutely no motife for telling my mom ,this other then he was genuinley concerned because he too was waiting for the news special after seeing it on the ticker.

I'm going to cal him now after seeing this, I wonder if he has recorded it.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater

How does one "simply rewrite an earlier tweet"? I would love to know how, but I do not seem to be able to figure that out on my twitter account.

You can't do it from your account. You have to hack Twitter's server where the tweets are stored - and, as has been proven time and time again, this isn't a difficult thing to do.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by DunkdaMonk

Find out everything you can from him - when he saw it, what program was on, what time/day it was, who was on at the time... everything.

posted on May, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
nothings come up of this at all....plenty of people have looked...ok...SCOURED the internets looking for verification on what the OP posted, and no dice.

this thread until verification is:

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahmonrarh
nothings come up of this at all....plenty of people have looked...ok...SCOURED the internets looking for verification on what the OP posted, and no dice.

this thread until verification is:

How is this 'busted'? It's still open until proven otherwise. No one would hack twitter just to do that, and if so, they must have had some prior info to do that, it's too much of a strange coincidence otherwise.

It's pretty plain to see the whole story surrounding OBL stinks.

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 4hero

yeah, isn't it great how people show up just to say it's bunk?

Thanks for the input!
Appreciate all the hard debunking work there!

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

if you read my earlier post i posted a link on fox news' article on his death in Dec 2001

posted on May, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
gentlemen, gentlemen...lay down your clubs.

i've been active and actively searching since the OP posted this thread....watching torturous hours of fox vids april 27th/28th(oddly, some searches didnt show the april 28th vids) until my eyes crossed, the dog fell asleep and the wife got pissed and eventually i had to take a breather. some 80 at least, pages and a week later after i initially posted, i hadnt seen anything.

so...i considered it busted. busted as in Flat tire, tire with a hole in it....if there has been evidence(as the poster above says, and i'll look for his post) of the pre-death announcement, please point it out. And that, my friends, will plug this flat tire and we can get it rolling!

**supersimon**
i checked those links, and while stating what we've suspected for a while, it's doesn't help the OP too much. trust me, i was on her side, as i typically take someone at their word 1st, then see how or if things change.
edit on 15-5-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

oh i wasn't trying to support the OP on the April 28th 2011

I was pointing out that he died way earlier than that which was 3 months after 9/11

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What's happened to the OP anyway? Are they in fear of their life or something?

If you start a thread you should see it through and offer as much help as possible imo.
edit on 16-5-2011 by 4hero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4hero

The Op is probably collecting on her bet that she could generate a 90 + page thread and waste everyone's time.
Maybe she works for Foxnews......She has sure generated a lot of interest in their news programs.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by megneverlands

Only thing I can say is Obama gave the order, which makes him credit taker, just a couple days after that layered "proof of birth" was posted on the whitehouse website.

posted on May, 16 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63

Originally posted by 4hero

The Op is probably collecting on her bet that she could generate a 90 + page thread and waste everyone's time.
Maybe she works for Foxnews......She has sure generated a lot of interest in their news programs.

Again, though, it's not really a 'waste of time' seeing as several FOX news tweets were found stating Osama had been killed a week earlier. In addition , there is some great info buried in this thread in regards to various aspects of twitter, background searches, etc.

The only unfortunate thing, imo, is that so much of the useful stuff gets buried under pages of people posting nonsense. But, that's ATS.
edit on 16-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kellys
You know what guys? I've read every single page here and it's clear to me now why so many people totally dismiss anything conspiracy related - it's because so many come across as complete loons!

Seriously, no one new is ever going to want to post anything here when this is the kind of reaction you could get.

Sure, there is nothing wrong looking into claims and in details too, but the general abuse, belittling and childishness from some members has been nothing short of embarrassing!

There are three options .....

a) they are telling the truth and there has been no need for any of the rudeness shown
b) they got it wrong - everyone makes mistakes and there is no need for rudeness
c) they are lying and there is no need for rudeness (anyone who would make it up is in need of help not ridicule)

We are all sat behind PCs and laptops but there is SOMEONE sat there!

It wouldn't come as a shock if the OP just felt that this was a little too personal and decided that enough is enough - we could be losing valuable members before they even get started.

i think this, a little reworded, could almost be a point in every FAQ of every forum in the world.

it isn't just the rudeness, or the off-topic nonsense, it's also that people do not read what has already been written before posting.

i would love to have posted days ago, but have had to spend a couple days just reading every post BEFORE posting.. with a calm mind, absorbing what's been said.

otherwise you get repeats of links, stories, opinions, questions, etc that were already posted by others, causing replies that are also rehashes, etc. bloating the whole thread.

yeah, you get the feeling a lot of people are unintelligent loons.

it took 50 pages before some brains to participate.. because of the madness at first.

some observations and comments.. maybe mostly off topic, but what does it matter now.

if osama was dead years ago, then it isn't a case of when in that week or so he died,
it's that the made up story, or cover story for something else, was prepared in that week or so.

media helps set the policies and agendas in many cases, rather than just observing and analyzing them.

if you are of the belief that numbers and dates are important for TPTB,
there could be something to illuminati may day, or to that this was 66 years after hitler's death.
(royal wedding same day as hitler's wedding - another interesting coincidence)

learn and use greenwich mean time (GMT, UTC, world time) it saves headaches. it doesn't matter what time zone someone is who writes or reads.. it's still the same time in world time.. i.e. whatever time it says for you, do a little sum based on your timezone and, hey presto, there is GMT and then anyone can do a little sum to see what time it is in any timezone.

another thing often mentioned was how amazing it was that the ticker on that assange video said obama died a week ago.. when you can go to youtube and see geraldo say that live on air.

anyway, without video of the ticker, it's the word of someone..
and in the end it doesn't really matter.. it could be lots of possibilities..
from a wrong report given to fox, a mistake, a joke even by someone working there or visiting..
a misread by the OP.. or a real read by the OP..

they are big liars any which way..
it's not like a video of the ticker would create peace and rainbows in the world.

the president of the usa said he saw the first plane hit the north tower..
this is just a junky news network being focused on.

the 9-11 attacks were a mossad job.. the american government is infiltrated by israeli-loyalists..
the project for a new american century is this century.. and twitter, facebook, forums, the lot..
are in al qaeda.. in the database.. we threaten israel in any way, we are terrorists.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecrazydude11
reply to post by megneverlands

To be honest, i have to say that osama bin laden getting killed sound like a bucket of crap.
My opinion on this matter is this: Osama back in the day actually used to work for the CIA, it sounds a little bit fishy to me that Obama (out of nowhere) found and gave the order to kill Osama. He's been in hiding for 9 years and he's ends up actually being in a nice house? i'm not buying it the usa has one of the best search tactics around the world. i think that the CIA needed him and they helped him get out of pakistan. I mean i knew they wer not going to give out the picture, it was so obvious to me. now the big question is: What is the CIA brewing up that requiere Osama Bin Laden's help?

and he had bad kidneys, was on dialysis.. also reported to have diabetes and other serious illness..
it's highly unlikely he survived until 2011, dude.
the 'work' you talk of was the mujahideen.. militants trained to help fight the soviet union who were invading afghanistan.
edit on 17/5/11 by stoneskull because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Okay - does someone know what the default time zone on Twitter is?

I suspect that it is possible that Meg's user time stamp isn't set to her local area in her user settings.

If that is the case, that might help pin down the time being off between her saying when she did it and when the tweet is timed for. A little math, and voila the difference disappears.

So, can someone tell me what Twitter's default time zone is?

post a tweet and check.

that was easy, and it was frustrating to see it took 70 pages for this area, an important area to be understood.

i posted a tweet, and in my timeline, looking at others tweets as well, can see i'm seeing the timestamps as my time..

so i go to meg's post..

apr 29.. 12:43 am.. that's my time.. which is gmt/utc+7

so the tweet was posted at apr 28. 17:43 / 5:43 pm gmt/utc

so it was posted 09:43am usa pacific time.. (gmt/utc-8)

and if in daylight saving time(was it?) then 10:43am

i worked that out by the time i was reading page 20..

why?

why is she saying it was evening of the april 28?.. when it was the morning?
it couldn't be delayed by cell phone coverage or the like (facepalm).. delayed back in time..?

if she's telling the truth..

how?

there is no point looking at videos in the evening of april 28
because the tweet was in the morning!

and if the tweet was in the morning, why is she lying?

and why did she tweet that at all? how could she have known anything?

it's been an exercise in madness the last week on this thread, i tells ya..

perhaps that was the point.

hahahaha

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
at the time it was just an odd thing..

one of those things that happen.. not many people automatically take a photo or something,
especially when busy..

it was only amazing later on.. once it was officially announced.

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by noseeum

4. The tweet doesn't say that OP "had aing" about OBL being killed. It doesn't say "haha just kidding" or "lol" or anything to indicate it was a joke. It says she saw a ticker on FOX about OBL being dead. It wasn't a "joke" about how silly it is for FOX to cover the wedding when more important things are happening in the world. It wasn't a "sarcastic" remark. And it blows the "ironic statement she posted about the inanity of the Royal wedding, which she later capitalized on after she found out OBL was killed by coming here and getting everyone worked into a tizzy" theory out of the water just by simply viewing the tweet and the other tweets posted that day. Whether FOX should have covered more "hard" news wasn't an issue for the OP because it is clear she was VERY interested in the Royal Wedding. So, it makes absolutely no sense that she would comment on the silliness of it all by posting a "joke" about OBL to ironically highlight the inanity of it all. That is simply a completely unfounded claim.
5. It seems to me that the ticker item she saw wasn't taken by her to be all that big of a deal at the time. She was dealing with other things -- cousin, royal wedding, traveling, etc. She posted the tweet only to comment on the fact that it was odd that it wasn't breaking news all over the place. When I fist heard about OBL being killed, it wasn't a big shock to me, and I doubt it shocked very many others either. I figured he was already dead, and that one day we'd be hearing an announcement about it at an opportune time for some pol or TPTB. The OP didn't seem to be too taken aback by the news. She didn't say "OMGOMG!!!!! OBL is dead!!!!!" She merely commented on what she saw and expressed surprise that it wasn't a bigger news item.

I think it's unreasonable to expect her to remember every detail of the situation because it's clear that it didn't seem like a big deal to her at the time she posted the tweet. It was almost an off-hand remark. It would be nice if she could come here and give a detailed account of every moment that day, along with corroborating evidence, but that's simply impossible for her to do, whether she's honest or not. Remember, on the 28th, Meg would have had no reason to lie about what she claimed to have seen. Sure, maybe she could get some kind of benefit from it now, after the fact, even if the only benefit is lulz. But that day there was no reason for her to post that tweet, other than she saw what she saw. Or saw something and made a mistake about what it said.

yes, this..

and you know, it might not have even been on fox! haha!

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by noseeum
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Don't know. Maybe she's wrong about when it happened. Maybe she saw the ticker late on the 27th, so it showed up GMT 10:43AM. Maybe she is mistaken about the entire time-frame in general.

What I do know is that Twitter's time-stamp shows that she posted that tweet on the 28th, and that's several days before OBL was supposedly killed. Why did she post this tweet? How did she essentially announce the killing days before it supposedly happened? That seems to me to be a more important question. And because of Twitter's time-stamp, it's got better evidence that doesn't rely on someone's recollection of events from a busy night.

Maybe she saw a ticker, maybe not. Maybe she's right about the timing, maybe not. Maybe she's honest, maybe not. Doesn't matter, because Twitter's server ha zero motive to lie. and it isn't likely that it made a mistake with the date on that one tweet and no others.

So, the most reliable testimony we have is the Twitter time-stamp, and it says April 28th. Shouldn't we be relying on the most reliable evidence? And not get bogged down in what may be unreliable evidence -- i.e. Meg's memory of an off-hand comment on a busy night?

wow, i was on the same train as you..

was just thinking that now.

she must've thought it was the 28th because that's what the tweet said when she remembered she saw the ticker days earlier..

but it must've been on the 27th if she's being honest about it being in the evening.

that would explain the time and other discrepancies.

edit:

Originally posted by megneverlands
I'm back.

I screwed up. When I looked at the tweet right before I posted my original post, I saw the 28th, so I kept saying I had seen it that night. I screwed up. I saw the ticker the night of the 27th. I guess I tweeted about it the next morning. I had a lot going on and I guess I thought I posted it or thought I sent it, but didn't. I'm really really sorry to those of you who have been looking over videos from the night of the 28th. At least now you can search the correct evening. Sorry for the confusion. I guess didn't think I'd have to remember any of this. Again, I'm really sorry. At least now the time issue can be resolved.

That is FANTASTIC that many of you are contacting other people and news agencies. It would be incredible if someone has the video of the ticker I saw.

Sorry that I haven't been around much. Ive been busy and things in here were frustrating for a bit. Seems things have calmed down now and we're getting down to business.

Thanks to you that have sent me supportive messages and tweets.

Again, I am SO sorry for the time issue. I'm really glad I figured it out because it was stumping me too. Maybe that's why no one has been successful in finding the video with the ticker yet. Maybe now we can!

aha!

top topics

<< 88  89  90    92  93 >>

join