Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Fox News reported OBL's death DAYS EARLIER!!!

page: 89
302
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

log in

join

posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
Although I will always be curious how meg pulled this off. PM me some time, meg, and let me know how you did it.




Same as that man.... It's interesting just by itself, how someone tweets that!!




posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrowaBarton
reply to post by Neveos
 


I basically have just went on to you tube and have watched every viddy of anything from FOX News from the dates of the 27th - 29th of April. Also checked the video logs on Fox's website. That's what I've been doing, along with checking FOX vids from results in multiple search engines ( all between the 27th to 29th mind you). If anyone else has any other sites I"m sure they'll post them.

Trowa
edit on 11/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: To add content


I believe CL and Lucidity and Aeons have ordered the material from media matters. It's references several pages back.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Lets say we did find it, what then? You know the zombies out there would claim it was edited or something.


Sucks this seems to be a dead end, but I am not sure it would change much, people just seem to ignore every smoking gun that isn't pointed at the right person these days...



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL
 


I wouldn't say its a complete bust. Several people have come across certain fox news-related tweets which bring the official timeline into question. So the thread is a success for that alone. Plus, I learned a lot about twitter, media matters, and various background research programs.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds
 


ATS did a great job all around finding all the conflicting info. It is ammo that can be used in the upcoming election for sure. We just have to find a way to get people to listen to it. And to stop blaming obama's failures on bush. If bush blamed clinton for everything he did, MSM would have made him a laughingstock....



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
If bush blamed clinton for everything he did, MSM would have made him a laughingstock....


without veering too far off topic, the Bush admin repeatedly blamed Clinton for several things, including 9-11. ell, they blamed some problems on CARTER, for gods sake. And there is some merit to any of those sorts of claims, as no administration exists in a bubble, and are effected by policies in place prior to their own existence.
edit on 12-5-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I can't believe this topic is still going. It is so blatantly clear to me that she only caught the tail end of the "Al-Qaeda plans to retaliate in the event that Bin Laden is killed" message that Mikey brought to our attention earlier.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by expo15
I can't believe this topic is still going. It is so blatantly clear to me that she only caught the tail end of the "Al-Qaeda plans to retaliate in the event that Bin Laden is killed" message that Mikey brought to our attention earlier.


The thing is, it's not obvious at all. In fact, we can rule it out.
For one thing, she insists that she saw the entire headline twice, and her grandmother saw it as well, eliminating the possibility that what she saw was only the end of a longer headline.
For another, we have watched the footage from the time she claims to have seen the headline, and there is no mention of Osama whatsoever. The headline she claims to have seen doesn't exist, but neither does the one people are claiming she misread - at least, not during the time she claims to have seen it.
So, no...not obvious at all.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Bin Laden's death on April 28th is well known. See link. www.epbusinessjournal.com...

However, why did Fox News know about this so quickly?



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderUsOne
Bin Laden's death on April 28th is well known. See link. www.epbusinessjournal.com...

However, why did Fox News know about this so quickly?


From the article you just posted



America’s most wanted person, Osama Bin Laden, founder of the Al Qaeda muslim terrorist organization and mastermind of the September 11, 2001, airplane terrorist attacks on the World Trade twin towers in New York City and the Pentagon in Washington, D.C., was killed by a United States Navy Seals strike team on Sunday, May 1, 2011, in Abbottabad, Pakistan, announced President Barack Obama.


The only mention of April 28th is



President Barack Obama gave his express consent to proceed with a special forces strike against Bin Laden on Thursday, April 28, 2011. President Obama acknowledged the Pakistani’s government collaboration in this mission.


Furthermore The Op of this thread claims that she saw the ticker on the 27th of April and considering the fact that you obviously misread this article ......................


Trowa
edit on 12/5/11 by TrowaBarton because: Spelling



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Earlier in this thread, I asked the OP what the exact text of the ticker said. She claims to have saw it twice...and isn't even sure if it said Killed or Dead.


I'm just baffled by the continued interest in this with all the changes in the story/timeline and the OP never once said exactly what she saw.


Aren't you guys even a little curious as to the exact text that she and her grandma saw a total of 3 times???



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup
 

I don't use twitter, but a simple search reveals a similar exploit.

crave.cnet.co.uk...

edit on 12-5-2011 by czerro because: Edit: posted link without explanation



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by czerro
 


That's not the same as hacking the actual tweet... that's rewriting the text of an embedded tweet (which is really just a copy of the tweet used on an external site). But, that kinda gives me an idea...



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
If she is off by just a little on the time, the ticker could have been on during the re-broadcast of O'Reilly factor. The re-broadcast of O'Reilly would have a different ticker than the earlier airing of course. It will be very difficult to find any DVR copies of the re-broadcast, because most people would have just recording the first airing.



posted on May, 12 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderUsOne
Bin Laden's death on April 28th is well known. See link. www.epbusinessjournal.com...

However, why did Fox News know about this so quickly?


It does not say in the article he was killed on April 28th it says he was killed on May 1st - he says Obama gave the orders for the strike on April 28th ...



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mommabean70

Originally posted by MurderUsOne
Bin Laden's death on April 28th is well known. See link. www.epbusinessjournal.com...

However, why did Fox News know about this so quickly?


It does not say in the article he was killed on April 28th it says he was killed on May 1st - he says Obama gave the orders for the strike on April 28th ...



Just another example of someone misreading the news......This thread is done in my book...................



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CLPrime
 


Well I only pointed out that it was a similar concept, that was not really that difficult to pull off. People keep suggesting that Tweets are immutable, and that Twitter is impervious to exploits. That's laughable and as the link I referenced showed disprovable. Twitter HAS had exploited tweets in the past. I'm not saying that that is how this was done, I'm just pointing out that it is likely that it CAN be done. I have two idea's though.

1.) Is it possible to embed images or hyperlinks in a tweet. Is it possible to reference a tweet within another tweet? I don't use twitter so these are questions I have, and would make modifying the text in an old tweet very easy.

2.) On a global phone, how does Twitter determine the timestamp?



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by czerro
 


I know, what you mentioned was only a similar concept, I just wanted to point it out in case anyone saw what you had linked and thought it had anything to do with actually changing the text of a tweet.
But, like I said, it did give me an idea. I tried to work my idea and see if I could do it, but I can't, 'cause I'm not a hacker... but, if Meg has even a little bit of a serious interest in hacking, I think it would have been very easy for her to hack the code for some random tweet she posted on April 28 and just change the text (like your link demonstrated, but within the tweet itself, not in a reproduction of the tweet on an external site). Google Chrome's Inspect Element feature can mimic this, but it's not a hacking platform, so it's safeguarded to keep the user from altering the physical code of the page (it just overwrite the code within the browser, so the changes you make are only seen by you and they go away after you close the Inspect Element page). But, to see how easy it is to do, just go into Chrome's Inspect Element feature, locate the line of code that contains the text of the tweet, and rewrite it. It's as simple as that. Anyone able to hack the physical code of the page would easily be able to do the same thing, but it would be permanent and visible to everyone.

Writing may not be Meg's only niche.



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
reply to post by czerro
 


I know, what you mentioned was only a similar concept, I just wanted to point it out in case anyone saw what you had linked and thought it had anything to do with actually changing the text of a tweet.
But, like I said, it did give me an idea. I tried to work my idea and see if I could do it, but I can't, 'cause I'm not a hacker... but, if Meg has even a little bit of a serious interest in hacking, I think it would have been very easy for her to hack the code for some random tweet she posted on April 28 and just change the text (like your link demonstrated, but within the tweet itself, not in a reproduction of the tweet on an external site). Google Chrome's Inspect Element feature can mimic this, but it's not a hacking platform, so it's safeguarded to keep the user from altering the physical code of the page (it just overwrite the code within the browser, so the changes you make are only seen by you and they go away after you close the Inspect Element page). But, to see how easy it is to do, just go into Chrome's Inspect Element feature, locate the line of code that contains the text of the tweet, and rewrite it. It's as simple as that. Anyone able to hack the physical code of the page would easily be able to do the same thing, but it would be permanent and visible to everyone.

Writing may not be Meg's only niche.


No - this is probably not the case. All the tweets in the world are not helld as html, they are held as collumns of data in a database. The asp,sql (Or othher database query tool) will be reading the database to dinamically build the web page subsequently presented by Google chrome or whatever browser you are using. You can indeed acheive the results you explaine by manipulating the html page delivered to your browser. But if a hacker wanted to chage a tweet the way you suggest they would have to actually change the contece of the database which that tweet was writtten to. There wouldbe 2 options. Either send a tweet AFTER the reported killing and modify the database reccord of when it was tweeted. Or, and this would be my approach, chnge the contence of a tweet posted on the day in question. This would be easier as it is not known if the database reccord containing the tween has a datetime field, or if it is the master database table bing queried for a write time when the tweet is ultimatley displayed.

(I used to be a DB Admin and run large company systems)



posted on May, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt

Or, and this would be my approach, chnge the contence of a tweet posted on the day in question.


I could've sworn this is what I said.





new topics

top topics



 
302
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

log in

join