It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smackdown: Police officer 'takes out drunk girl, 15, outside school in violent attack'

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I wonder how many head-craackings it will take. I have read articles indicating the police are being trained by the military to deal with civilians.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

WOW,well i,m sure glad i live in england and i,ve never been arrested like that(even when i have been mouthy)but hay maybe she did have a gun

thank god someone was recordin this or we,d never of seen this guy that calls himself A MAN being a d**khead.
sorry for being bit rude but this tyoe of thing does my head right inn,no need for it at all.
police only have to twist my arm a bit from the back to make me get on that floor pretty fast,no need for force like this,yes god bless america!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

If he thought she was pulling a weapon force is justified. He was WALKING towards her until she started reaching down then he tackled her. Should he wait for her to turn around pointing a gun till he takes action? How naive can people be on here? Would you wait to see the barrel of a gun when you can take non-lethal action before?

Like you said, he just arrived on scene, he does not know the story of the situation. Does not know if she was armed during that fight or not. He just got there, there is a girl on the ground, someone says get that girl and that girl is walking away, does not stop and then looks like is reaching for a weapon. Training kicks in, rather than risk getting shot he takes action. How is this so hard to understand? It seems like common sense to me

Anyway I'm done with this.. we can agree to disagree. I've stated what I believed happened more than enough. I don't see the point in continuing. Carry on with the "if it was my daughter I'd kill him" garbage, before he even has a chance to explain his side or stand trial. That to me is more sick than what this cop did or didn't do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by SecretUsername because: typo

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I was so appalled by this officers behaviour, that I had to put keyboard to screen and send the Arizona Police Dept a mail as to my thoughts, i will post it here for you to see, i am sure it will just get tossed in the bin, but hey I tried. I wonder if i will now appear on a list somewhere even though i am not from America?.

I am not from America, and this is the first time i have ever felt the need to put keyboard to screen as it were.

I Wanted your management to know that it is appalling that one of your so called police officers(Peace officers) can treat a vulnerable young girl in such a way, Clearly the girl presents no threat to him and is walking away from the situation, so he may have told her to stop a couple of times, and she may have ignored him, knowing she was drunk, this should have registered in your officers tiny brain that she would not be acting normally. So instead of being a peace keeper he takes on the role of being a bully and a law breaker.

How can you contemplate keeping this excuse of a man employed as an officer with your dept.? I see he is a 6.5 year veteran of the service, clearly he believes the girl to be trash, and decides to throw her to the sidewalk(no doubt where he thinks trash belongs) if in his estimation everyone is scum, then quite clearly he needs to go and take a job of which he is more suited, a few good options may be 1. Mugger 2. Robber 3. violent street attacker for whatever reason.

Sarcasm aside, you give this man a badge and allow him to carry a gun? i think a psychological evaluation needs to be done here as a matter of urgency.

I have a relation here in England who is in the police force, and he is a credit, he uses his intelligence to control the situation, and treats people as he finds them, he is what i would call a true peace officer, and firm when he needs to be in other words, he changes his approach to whatever situation he is in.

I understand that sometimes situations can and do get out of hand, however clearly this (and i use the term loosely) officer was way out of line, i trust that he is going to face criminal charges on a level with the seriousness of the assault that he committed?

The other part i found hard to believe is that no one appeared to question why the officer did that to her at the scene, his partner did not appear to say a word and it appeared to be accepted that this was a normal reaction , the citizens did not appear to have a problem with it either(or perhaps they were scared of being shot if they opened their mouths)to my mind his partner is just as guilty, his duty was to step in and protect the girl. As i understand it an officers duty is to protect the citizens of your country, not knock them out by bashing their heads against a brick wall.

Now i wish you to understand me clearly here, i have the utmost respect for the officers on your force that do there jobs day in and day out with utter devotion and who try to make some difference in the local community in a positive way, and follow the remit of the job. i.e upholding the law, I think it would be more fitting for this officer to have a swastika for a badge rather than a police badge.

I understand that the police are not social workers, but even to my untrained eye, the girl is drunk and no threat to someone of his size, i am sure your officer that deals with these incidents day in and day out should have had a lot better judgement than to do what he did, he could have quite easily killed her,He is what 6 feet tall and 15-16 stone, each time i watch this video, it makes me more angry. what if this had been your daughter?

Finally, this officer is a representative of your city, i personally have posted this as my facebook profile to my friends, and i know some of them have done the same to there friends, I am sure i am not the only person to have done this in the world, what message does this send to the world about your city and your police dept? i know it makes me not want to visit.

I truly hope that whatever investigation you carry out that it is done with complete openness and said Patrick Larson is punished accordingly, he is an embarrassment to your police dept, as is the officer that stood by and watched. You are accountable to the people of your city here.

Regards

Gaeme Bromley

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUsername

If he thought she was pulling a weapon force is justified. He was WALKING towards her until she started reaching down then he tackled her. Should he wait for her to turn around pointing a gun till he takes action? How naive can people be on here? Would you wait to see the barrel of a gun when you can take non-lethal action before?

Like you said, he just arrived on scene, he does not know the story of the situation. Does not know if she was armed during that fight or not. He just got there, there is a girl on the ground, someone says get that girl and that girl is walking away, does not stop and then looks like is reaching for a weapon. Training kicks in, rather than risk getting shot he takes action. How is this so hard to understand? It seems like common sense to me

Anyway I'm done with this.. we can agree to disagree. I've stated what I believed happened more than enough. I don't see the point in continuing. Carry on with the "if it was my daughter I'd kill him" garbage, before he even has a chance to explain his side or stand trial. That to me is more sick than what this cop did or didn't do.
edit on 7-5-2011 by SecretUsername because: typo

Of course youi're done with it, because you don't expect a law abiding parent with compassion to challenge your position. What was my former post on if I was in the jury? Did I say one word about what I would do to a cop? You are lumping my response in with others apparently.

For a comparison, how about that story of the teen mom who allegedly hit her bf/baby daddy or whatever and went to court and was convicted of a misdemeanor.
Do you think that a cop slamming a girl's head into a concrete wall deserves less?

edit on 7-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

I apologize if you feel I was lumping you into that category, that was not my intention. That was mainly for the rest of the people who are bound to come in and say it.

As far as being done with it.. well that has nothing to do that your challenging my point of view. I welcome people to have their own views that's what makes humanity great. I'm sure a lot on here will not agree with me, and I don't really care either. I'm done with it because I don't see the point of repeating what I have already said. Like I said in that post... we can agree to disagree. I'm not out to convince people take my theory as truth, people will make their own decisions. I only wanted to offer another point of view. That view has been explained enough that I don't see the point of continuing.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
Pieces of garbage like this do not deserve a badge.

If he wasn't wearing that uniform you would mistake him for the local skinhead.

This is another fine example why they don't want police video recorded. It's so we have to behave and they don't.

When they make it illegal to film them, the person who put this on YouTube will be in more trouble than the cop.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
oh my goodness. That's really horrible! I was genuinely shocked when he pushed her - how did that not crack her head open? I really hope that cop gets charged, they need to know that people won't accept their over-stepping the boundaries because they wear a uniform. Disgraceful!

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

Amazing what they'll do in the absence of a video camera.

Amazing what they do in front of them.............Amazing what they get away with,regardless of them.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   

The military as well as private military corporations do train police in advanced weaponry and tactics but mostly for dealing with high-risk criminals and active shooters.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretUsername

Training kicks in, rather than risk getting shot he takes action. How is this so hard to understand? It seems like common sense to me

Yeah it doesn't seem like common sense. IT IS common sense. But people let their knee-jerk bleeding-heart liberal bias obscure their view of common sense.

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The problem here.... is that the cop is wearing spandex (and beats women)... and that this is front page on ATS.
edit on 7-5-2011 by KindaGrayish because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Good on your sir, for following your morals, not many people do, officer beaker I don't think agrees with the other cops actions. As much as he was trying to say he doesn't know what the dude was thinking lol. Not all cops are bad, that guy should of just joined the NFL. He may have a harder time against 300+ pound men though

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

new topics

top topics