It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the Predictions Might Be True This Time...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been doing a lot of traveling up and down the East Coast recently (which might end up being a very good thing). Anyways, as I was driving into Virginia, I saw a HUGE billboard claiming that May 21, 2011 was when "The Rapture" will happen. I couldn't believe what I saw, but going back to North Carolina a few days later I saw it again!

So I got to thinkin... why would organized religion openly announce their belief in a prediction that could quickly make people lose faith? Within a few weeks, Christianity could lose thousands, possibly millions of followers... but then it hit me.

I am a firm believer in "TPTB". I really don't care what label is attached to the organization because no matter what we will probably never know what they call each other. If this prediction is true, then it i probably being manipulated by the same people announcing the predictions. In my time as a conspiracy theorist, I've learned how interconnected many of the controlling establishments are. A thread that I love to point to in justification of my view is All Roads Lead to Rome.

So now we have something called "self-fulfilled prophecy". The story of Revelations is being fulfilled by the same people who wrote the story of Revelations! Now this seems to make a bit more sense to me... but then the question comes, why would they want this to happen? This could have an infinite amount of answers, as any good science-fiction writer has probably pondered many of them, but I think I have one that is partially correct.

Maybe the only way to become God is to fulfill your own prophecy. To create a predetermined change in the path of reality for an entire species. Maybe everything that's happening is Lucifer incarnating his desire to become like God.

Now the terms Lucifer and God I use only as symbols to represent certain characteristics of humanity. What I'm trying to say is maybe TPTB are trying to evolve the rest of humanity and this is the only way to do it.

It would make sense that Biblical allegories would explain our situation if they are truly blueprints for TPTB. Thoughts?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
So I got to thinkin... why would organized religion openly announce their belief in a prediction that could quickly make people lose faith? Within a few weeks, Christianity could lose thousands, possibly millions of followers... but then it hit me.

prepared4truth - I think any "mainstream" Christians think that the "End of The World" people are just fanatic fruitbats. Doubtful that the Christian Movement would lose anyone that believed in the religion.....

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
If I give you a star you will have 666 stars. So I'm not going to!
I believe it's all connected somehow, either on a divine level or a human one.
Check out www.goroadachi.com... . This guy makes some amazing connections. I honestly do not know what to believe anymore. The world NEEDS to change, maybe they are trying to make us sit around and wait for a Messiah, that will never come. In the meantime they rob us of anything and everything. Wealth, Love, Freedom, Life, Justice, Land.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
... or possibly an attack on Christianity to make it lose credibility. ?

But more likely I would have to agree GoingDrk where most mainstream Christians are not End Of The World fanatics and wouldn't denounce their religion because of the fanatics claims not panning out.

I mean, this isn't the first time a Christian has said the end of the world is near...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
As I read the beginning of your post, I thought you were going in a different direction than this. One that would explain the 5/21 prophecy and all of the money being spent to propogate it. Could it be that "TPTB" are actually working to destroy religion and it's followers? Like you said...when/if this doesn't happen, the church could potentially lose a lot of followers. Could this be by design?

Just a thought...
edit on 5/5/2011 by freakjive because: spelling

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by prepared4truth

Neat thought.
Here's where i get off, I believe in a supreme being a "God".
He is not what many religions have painted him to be, he would be kind and loving as he has infinite, omnipotenet knowledge, and eternal fortitude.
Now this "God" i speak of is not afraid of my rifle, The PTB is.
You cannot make something of nothing.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by freakjive
Could it be that "TPTB" are actually working to destroy religion and it's followers? Like you said...when/if this doesn't happen, the church could potentially lose a lot of followers. Could this be by design?

Just a thought...

And a very interesting one at that. That could definitely be part of the much bigger plan at hand here. I would think that abolishing religion would only be one step in this plan, albeit a very important one. Another might be unifying the world with one currency (which would happen after the disaster demolishes major currency values) and uniting the world's languages.

A penny for your thoughts...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Neat thought.
Here's where i get off, I believe in a supreme being a "God".
He is not what many religions have painted him to be, he would be kind and loving as he has infinite, omnipotenet knowledge, and eternal fortitude.
Now this "God" i speak of is not afraid of my rifle, The PTB is.
You cannot make something of nothing.

Here's a thought for you my friend...

If God is infinite, that means he would be just as cruel and hateful as he is kind and loving. Infinite means everything, including the "bad" along with the "good".

Maybe this train of thought will give you clearer perspective of what TPTB's true intentions could be...

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That is the thing, my "God" knows all and sees all, past present and even future, God knows no time restraints.
There is no free will, we do what god has programmed us to do and then we die.
Therefore there is no cruelty, no evil, no wrongdoing, as our actions are what God has made us do for a response.
Just my angle, i may be wrong, who knows?

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by prepared4truth
Here's a thought for you my friend...

If God is infinite, that means he would be just as cruel and hateful as he is kind and loving. Infinite means everything, including the "bad" along with the "good".

Intriguing! I like the way you think. It's very hard to argue with that logic. (of course, there's always faith)

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Interesting theory ,however, If they are "Christian" then they don't believe in any set date as the bible in several places states

Mark 13:32 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."
Matthew 24:36 says the same.
Acts 1:7 He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority."

These aren't any Christians that's support or believe in the bible as their doctrine.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
The bible is nothing more than a book of fairy tales and this prediction will fail to come to fruition just like the other 293298499238 predictions I read on here and elsewhere every single day......hope this helps.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
On May 21st all the 'chosen ones' will probably be 'raptured' into the seed vaults and underground bunkers. The news can report how all the political leaders , rich people, scientists, lawyers , news anchors ,etc have all been raptured because they were the good people.

The rest can of the human race can spend the next few months going insane and killing each other until the planet is torched in october which is also predicted. That will conviently solve the over population issues and the good folk can come out of the bunkers after the clean-up teams are finished after a few months.

job done.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
i view terms in this way.lords are rulers of planets this planet and other planets.draco and annunaki gods right now are the lords of this planet. gods and goddesses is what we are. many of the souls on this planet are billions of years old. fallen gods.the creator is the all knowing energy of the universe. the creator is both male and female energy. the illuminati stole all the ancient teachings and symbols the egyptians had turned around and demonized them so we view it as evil or paganism.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   

well then, there needs a lot to happen between today 5-5-2011 & the 21st of May = 16 days distant....

first the antichrist must have been revealed to the masses & of course the antichrist must have already have instituted a Middle East Peace Plan...neither of which are in place for the Rapture of the 'Chosen' to take place.

its a
'humbug' proposal to my sensibilities

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio

well then, there needs a lot to happen between today 5-5-2011 & the 21st of May = 16 days distant....

first the antichrist must have been revealed to the masses & of course the antichrist must have already have instituted a Middle East Peace Plan...neither of which are in place for the Rapture of the 'Chosen' to take place.

its a
'humbug' proposal to my sensibilities

unless the "antichrist" is Barack Obama and the "Middle East Peace Plan" is represented by Osama bin Laden's fake death.

not saying that's what I believe, just offering that the symbols may not be as clear cut as we believe they will be...

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Well, May 2011 does not look likely to me:

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Match the dates of Chile earthquake, Christchurch earthquake and Japan and all these quakes match the planetary alignment of Elenin - this can not be a coincidence,...

That means September 2011-November 2011 looks very interesting as there are several alignments on these dates:

www.youtube.com...=23

However, there will not be an end of times as we know them, this is just scroll six of Revelation I believe...

/Truthfulness-Compassion-Forbearance is good, Falun Dafa is good..

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarlyDurban
The bible is nothing more than a book of fairy tales and this prediction will fail to come to fruition just like the other 293298499238 predictions I read on here and elsewhere every single day......hope this helps.

Rather, The Bible is a thick collection off Ancient Alien-encounters that got twisted by time and religion.

top topics

join