It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surprise Surprise: Obama's ratings increase after the kiliing of OBL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
4 out of 10 respondents to the latest poll agree that their image of Barack Obama has increased as a result of OBL's killing.

Now call me scepitical but.....

uk.reuters.com...

ETA: Content from website.

In the poll, 39 percent of Americans said their image of Obama's leadership had improved, while 52 percent said it had not changed and 10 percent said it had worsened.

edit on 3/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/5/11 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Funnily enough I was saying to a friend only a couple of hours ago that now they have bought Osama out of the fridge and chucked him in the ocean that I bet Obama's popularity would rise, typical ignorance. I saw the celebrations of the amerikans over his death, it almost made me vomit. Just stupid.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Yet Bush sat on OBL since 2001 and let his Presidency end in failure, so that Obama could take all the credit for his re-election. Makes perfect sense.

Right guys?

edit on 3-5-2011 by Tosskey because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by undead trev

Were there not cries of outrage when library images from Palestine were shown after the 9/11 attacks?

Hypocrisy or understandable revengeful celebrations? I would go with the first of those choices.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its true. Just like the movie Idiocracy its happening now.
People are voting for the person that seems the coolest and popular and all that. Not whats best for the country.

I remember one time when they did a test on elementary children to vote between George Bush Jr and Al Gore.
and most of the children and i think almost all of them voted for George W Bush. why? because in the picture George W. Bush looked better and had a Dog next to him. and the children liked the Dog and the picture and the group of elementary friends decided to vote on the same person just for the appearance

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Tosskey

Let me see. Bush had already secured a second term in office, so was there any need to roll out his corpse at that stage.

Obama released a totally fake B.C and was being made to look foolish by, of all people, Donald Trump.

Don't forget it's not the Presidents who set the agenda. Things only happen when the puppet masters decide.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
yea isnt the timing a little strange seeing as "president" obama is up for re election next year he has to have somthing to stand on to make him look like a strong leader kind of like bush did grandstanding after 911 at ground zero suckering america into a list of never ending wars

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
whats interesting about this is the timing, its not like this happened during a peak election cycle or some other obvious time for trying to boost poll popularity, this will likely help in polling for a couple weeks or so but by the time polls really start to matter it will be long forgotten by the public conscience. Means one of two things; either its is real and there is no agenda to releasing the information, or something big is going to (or is already) happening that requires boosting popularity or covering up with big time information such as this
edit on 3-5-2011 by theODC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

Just like Bush did after 9/11, I guess Obama is hoping that like the war on terror help Bush win the elections the portrait of hero finding the so call "mastermind" of 9/11 will win the next one for him.

The elites in this nation knows how to run the population like a pro.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by system0v3r1de
yea isnt the timing a little strange seeing as "president" obama is up for re election next year he has to have somthing to stand on to make him look like a strong leader kind of like bush did grandstanding after 911 at ground zero suckering america into a list of never ending wars

And also managing to overthrow public enemy number two, Saddam Hussein.

He was great though wasn't he? Good old George Dubya.

Barack is fantastic too. Now if he would just release some footage of the showdown.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
4 in ten 10 americans have better opinions of obama.

hmm not really a great change in this persons opinion.

that means there are 6 people for every 4 people who think obama is still a shill.

guess the ameircan public isnt as stupid as i thought.

top topics

join