It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any Good Drinks? No Aspartame, No Carbohydrates

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love to drink [color=ff000f]Coke Zero. In my opinion it is the best drink ever made. Maybe it's the aspartame, or the taste. See i would drink something else but I was diagnosed with diabetes a couple years ago. But my sister was born with it so I know can happen, risks, help, etc. So I can't have stuff with carbohydrates in it. [color=ff000f]Coke Zero has no carbohydrates in it. That's most of the reason why I love it.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are any good drinks with no carbohydrates or aspartame in them. This is sort of what your favorite drink with rules...
Please do not say [color=00ffff]Water!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Not sure of carbs, but I would try soda sweetened with Stevia. -- NM, it has no carbs!!!

It's a natural plant leaf, has zero calories and is good for diabetics because it has a 0 glycemic index.

You can buy soda pre-made with it, OR sweeten your own beverages with the powdered form. Stevia is easy to grow as well. Keep in mind some stevia powders can be a little bitter, so check reviews.

Dr. Howenstein notes how any "sugar substitute … made in a factory [he specifically notes Nutrasweet (aspartame), Sucralose, and Splenda] … is dangerous to health. Many of these contain chlorine. The best safe sweetening substance appears to be the natural substance stevia. Several of the glycosides in stevia have blood sugar lowering capability."

Further, Dr. Patrick B. Massey noted in the Daily Herald (May 20, 2002) that, "Stevia has some very interesting properties. It has no calories but has actions similar to several currently used medications. It stimulates the release of insulin and normalizes the response to glucose, especially in type 2 diabetes. It is used in Latin America as an inexpensive therapy for hyperglycemia."

Here's a link to some stevia soda I've tried and liked: www.zevia.com...

Or make your own: www.ehow.com...
edit on 3-5-2011 by donatellanator because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Water... oh, no water... tea.

2nd line

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

I drink a kinda generic koolaide called Wyler's. Use filtered water and sodium saccharin as a sweetner. Use ice cubes made from filtered water. The packets of Wyler's cost 10 cents at the dollar store.

"Outrageous Orange" is the best flavor. I guess you can't have carbs, but I mix 1/2 orange juice with 1/2 filtered water and use the good cubes. Not too sweet, drink a lot of this.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by scojak

Bah you beat me to it!

Coffee is good Vodka as well

-2nd

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

ice water

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
aqua minerale naturale

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

chamomile tea, hot chocolate, milkshakes, the stevia soda is good too but all soda is bad for ya in ways

what you want you probably wont find though

just have a cig and a vodka while you watch the end of the world dude

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm personnally satsified with drinking Ice Water throughout the day, and a hot cup of tea in the morning with a little milk and sugar, just to get me started. On my wild days I'll drink some Orange juice or all natural cranberry juice, with no additives.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Not many people read through the OP carefully.

Second line of majesty.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
BEER!!

no wait, thats got carbs

uhm....

Beer?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Red Wine.

Lots and lots of Red Wine.

Here in France doctors still recommend "a" glass for some patients :-)

A tipple of Cognac never goes a miss too.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
1. Ice cold water
2. Green, Black, or Oolong tea bags brewed with a touch of lemon juice (zero carbs, all natural)
3. Coffee (try to be somewhat moderate)
4. Skim or 1% milk (also in moderation)

I've stopped drinking ALL types (including diet) of soda 3-4 months ago and probably lost about 15-20 lbs. Although I will still have the occasional couple of Monster Energy Lo-Carb when I help my buddy with his early morning Sunday paper route

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I loooove rooibos tea. You can make it hot or iced and drink it unsweetened, or you can add a few leaves of stevia (I grow my own).

Also delicious are rose hips tea and hibiscus tea, they are lemony tart and don't really need sweetener if you like the tartness. Again, you can add a few leaves of stevia if you need sweetener.

Also, FYI Pepsi One uses Splenda rather than aspartame. I usually buy it instead for that reason.
edit on 4-5-2011 by OuttaHere because: Just because...

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Just water .

H2O

Aqua.

Iced is not even good for you man has survived for thousand of years on just water.

And don't be foolish enough to buy bottled water.

Why pay for something that is free.

I have a Britta pitcher that filters out all the chemicals, and I feel bottles that I carry.

The only thing I drink other than water is coffee.

Which is nothing more than flavored hot water.

And people will actually pay good money for it.

Fools we are all.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I love the soft drink Zevia. I buy it at whole foods or natural grocers. It's good and they have several flavors. My favorite is "dr. Zevia" it's a healthy dr.pepper knock-off. Stevia in general is great for diabetics because I heard that a compound found in this plant can cut down on sugar cravings and even help repair prior high glucose damage in the pancreas. I also like xylitol products. They are safe for your teeth and taste like sugar but are molecularly different so it won't effect blood sugar levels in the body.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by IamJustanAmerican

I don't think anyone is a fool. Maybe you should research how much your Britta filter really gets out. It ain't much.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I'm a new type 1 diabetic, so I recently had to solve this problem too!

Here's what I did. I bought a Soda Stream, liquid caffeine, stevia drops and unsweetened cola flavoring.
The soda stream will carbonate the water, then you just add the caffeine, sweetener & flavoring to your liking. I'm big on fizz & hate too much syrup, so it works out perfectly. Plus the Soda Stream system has reusable bottles, so it cuts down on waste.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
anyone ever tried a Vodka Gimlet?

Vodka Gimlet recipe

Scale ingredients to servings
1 oz lime juice
1 1/2 oz vodka
1 tsp powdered sugar

Lime cordial works better actually.....Very tasty drink.

Only problem is they go down waaaaay to fast

top topics

join