It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Arrests, Tear Gas, Sound Weapons used Against West Illinois University Students

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldkidc
reply to post by Xcathdra

Your videos do not show a riot...they show a block party.
Did anyone say that local residents were complaining?
This wasn't an impromptu get together - It's an annual tradition and I wouldn't be surprised if its gotten crazier than this before.
edit on 2-5-2011 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

You know how that could have turned into a real riot?

Walk up to the police line and throw a few boxes of Duncan Donuts up in the air!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
As I said.. You donty have all the footage, or the story...

Doesnt look like just a few people to me...

How the riot started

Gee.. I cant imagine why the police responded in the manner they did....

Go figure.

As I said.. people re so quick to just take an intial report and run with it, without doing any other type of research to see if there is more to the story..

apparently there is.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

All I see is a chair burning and a vandalized stop sign - MISDEMEANORS - which could have been resolved by the cops looking at the inevitable YT videos later, and issuing a summons to those involved. NOTHING in that video warranted the police reaction.

OH YEAH! I almost forgot to mention the storm troopers in the background already advancing on the kids.

Post fail.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
and the NCAA playoffs at Michigan State a few years back werent unexpected either.

You guys are viewing this through blinders and are not seeing the whole picture.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
and the NCAA playoffs at Michigan State a few years back werent unexpected either.

You guys are viewing this through blinders and are not seeing the whole picture.

I'd say you're seeing it through your "Patriot Act II" glasses...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I lived on the block as I said. I have provided the address 318 Wheeler St. I didn't get the story 5th handed from my uncle's , sisters, brothers nephew as you may want to say. This is probably the first time I had seen a thread about somewhere I lived. You can use whatever method you would like to check if that address I gave is indeed the block the party takes place at or not. I don't care, but why would I make these details up. It was kinda neat hearing about my old stomping ground, but not for these reasons.This party has been held for a long time now. Actually, most bigger parties are actully "chalked on the sidewalks on campus(party addresses marked in chalk). So it's no big mystery where the parties are to law enforcement. All the videos posted do show the riot police already there. As most posters have said, the prescence of the "riot police" further riled up the partiers. If the local police had simply drove through the street as they usually do, there would have been no problems, only some arrests as usual for minors drinking and maybe a couple pot busts.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
Post fail.

]That sums your argument up nicely... Quit cherrypicking and look at the over all pictures. I know you and a few others wont do this because it doesnt fit in line with your I hate the Government view points.

I ask for the legal defintion of a riot, people ignore it.
I get people saying, its not a riot, its a block party.

Ive provided the videos people wanted, and as I said, there are more on youtube. I see people are so eager to see both sides of the story that NOT ONE person has gone to check them out.

As I stated before, anyhting that doesnt support your hate the government attitude is dismissed, or the poster attacked.

For a group of people who dislike the government because of perceived underhanded actions, I find it funny that you dont see your own hyprocrisy. Then again I guess its hard to see the trees when your standing in the middle of the forest.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

The cps were acting in self defense. As they moved down the road, the people refused to disperse, bottle were thrown..

They arent allowed to defend themselves?

Wow, that question is totally irrelevant if they shouldn't of been there in the first place.

If the U.S. dropped a battalion in Libya, you would say "don't they have a right to defend themselves?" when in fact they should not be there at all.

You have the worse dis-info tactics I have ever seen, and I'm sure everyone here can see right through you

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedom12WIU is know for it's Law Enforcement program and maybe 1/3 of all men at WIU go on to be cops and I'm sure there were several hundred future police officers at the block party. Several guys I went to college with are on the Macomb police force.

I certainly hope they learned something about the excessive use of force in this real life classroom.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

that post just show you've got a lot of growing up to do.
learn to debate rationally and not with a club.
and stop looking down on others and treating them like kids that need to be "disciplined"

also, don't go quoting me as saying things i didn't.
isn't that against your precious laws?

"do as you are told or you'll get the big club."
xcathedra

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Skerrako

Ah.. I see we have another member of the 4 muskateers now.

There is a difference between block party, peaceful actions, and riot.

As I said before, the rights you guys keep saying were violated, violated the rights of the peolpe not involved who lived in the area this occured in. The streets are a public right of way that were blocked. Beer bottles and other debris all over the place, students in yards, fires, people fighting, shootiung fireworks at each other...

The rights of the students ended when they infringed on the rights of the people in the neighboorhood who were not involved.

The cops told them to disperse.. the students refused.

Gee... I wonder what was going to happen next.

As others have pointed out, this block party happens every year, so the cops knew what was coming. Guess what, the students knew what was coming when the cops arrived, and verbally told them to stop and leave.

The students refused to act in a responsible manner, not the poilice.
The students refused the orders to disperse.
The students knew what was coming and didnt care.

The students failed to hold themsleves accountible... This fact is very evident in the fact this block party occurs every year, with no problems to this extent.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Hey, X-Catheter guy,

Didn't you say it was your bedtime earlier?

Well, since you're here, just wanted to let you know I watched the videos you posted. Yes, the kids did get a little rowdy. No, they shouldn't have thrown bottle at the cops...

Without making them Molotov cocktails first!

Note to college students everywhere: Include in your curriculum Molotov cocktails...and martial arts. These are going to be VERY important skills at your next block party when the goon squad shows up!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

The rights of the students ended when they infringed on the rights of the people in the neighboorhood who were not involved.

You seem to be big on pushing for facts, so where's the complaints from these other residents you keep mentioning??

I haven't seen you post any actual proof yet your entire argument is based on that assumption ..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Actually just so you know the highest level of conspiracy and preplanning and coordination to and in inciting and carrying out violence was done by the police.

They were the ones who showed up armed and in body armor, they are the ones who formed a phlanx to walk down the street intending to beat, or arrest anyone in their way.

If a street gang got together to walk down a street like that, they would be considered a public mennace and committing assault.

If they were armed it would be assault with a deadly weapon.

If they conspired to commit the act ahead of time it would be conspiracy to commit assault with a deadly weapon.

Your problem is you imagine your uniform and a badge gives you the right to break the law.

That is gives anyone the right to break the law.

Who is the real mennace here?

Kids having a good time at an annual party, or the armed guys conspiring to use force against them, kidnap them at gun point.

You really are the one looking at this the wrong way.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Cherry picking?
I've seen you pick more cherry's on this thread than anyone else...don't go throwing rocks when you already have buckets full of cherries in glass houses..or something like that

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Please.. you werent there so dont even try to push this BS. All agencies have plans in place to deal with incidents like this, regardless of the size of the agency. And I can say with certainty that any town that has a college located in it, has these plans down to the detail as to what to do.

The students got out of hand. The students went to far this year. The students refused to disperse.

The students who refused actred irresponsibly.

Trying to blame the police for the students actions is a joke and holds no water.

Whats next? Blame HAARP?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

"for every veteran that comes home from the wars thinking: " i survived that, there must be a reason"

there are 19 that will take the easy way out, because they saw so much of that in the war"

The Dune Chronicles by Frank Herbert

or words to that effect

they are mostly used to treating their fellow humans like trash.
not realizing that it is themselves they are judging.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UcDat
crazy its like a full out assault on your rights and freedoms

where do they get these nazi cops

they brainwashing them or what? who goes out a terrorizes a bunch of kids...

epic catch OP ty FnS

I think the whole event was a setup.

the GoodGuy sock puppets summoned the Police from the internet.

the BadGuy sock puppets summoned a large group of party crashers from the internet.

two flash mobs meet head-on and BAM !!!!

maybe not as far fetched as it sounds ?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I bet your the smuck that always calls the cops when a neighbor throws a party..

Probably because no one invites you..Is that it??

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by coldkidc

I don't know if anyone here is from Virginia but last year there was a real riot at James Madison University. Every year students blow off steam and have a huge party all over campus. Harrisonburg and VA state police showed up and began shooting tear gas and using riot gear. Students reacted by lighting dumpsters on fire and throwing rocks. That turned into a real riot. This looks nothing like that.

This is a ridiculous show of force if you ask me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Gotta call it a night - God bless America

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join