It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama basks in the sunlight of George Bush

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I think the biggest reason we can congratulate Obama and not Bush is that Obama actually wanted to catch him. Think about it. Obama wanted to end the war but he can't do it without being called "soft" and "liberal" so he went out and got himself a Bin Laden. I doubt anybody will call him soft now when starts to draw down our forces.

Bush, on the other hand, needed him alive to keep the war going. Think about it for a while and maybe you'll agree. I don't know if this is a common perception but it came to me pretty quickly.

Point taken, but what makes you think that BHO wants to "end the war" or even "draw down our forces" anytime soon? If anything, and correct me if I'm wrong, he has escalated the effort in Afghanistan and added more troops, added drones to Pakistan, and is now engaged in Libya.

Truth is, BHO doesn't have a magic wand. He can't just decide willy nilly to end the war on terror. In case you missed it, Islamic religious extremists have declared a holy war on us. As long as these extremists are alive and/or want to kill us, then we will be at war.

He didn't even close club gitmo, so what makes you think he's going to "end the war" much less "draw down our forces"?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NadaCambia
You guys are engaging in lunacy. You could put anyone in the Presidential position and they'd have done the same thing.

How did that go for Carter?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by coastalite

All I can say is watch and see. Bin Laden is a key.

I think his 2008 Obama will start to show again and he might actually start doing stuff without being afraid of being called a wuss. I know I make it sound like a school yard but oranges and apples are both still round fruits.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just came across this.

In 2008, President Obama promised to send in United States ground forces to kill Osama bin Laden in Pakistan if he had “actionable intelligence” on bin Laden’s whereabouts. Last Friday, President Obama followed through on that promise.
Link

Just another broken promise by the great failure. I forget what Bush's plan was?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
The best liars are the ones who mix in a little truth to make it more believable. All the greatest evil ones have done it. The serpent speaks with forked tongue. "Thou shalt not surely die" but ya might.

Oh yah, and Glenn Beck put the idea forth that this action could destablize the area. That sure sounds right to me. I mean already Osama's son is talking about getting revenge.
edit on 4-5-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Sorry but Obama does deserve the credit because he is the man in office when the events happened.

Even if the whole apparatus was put in place by Bush, Obama had the balls to set American forces loose in Pakistan.

But credit and blame work the same.

Just as Obama deserves credit for killing Osama, he also deserves blame for high gas prices and a bad economy.

Either that, or Axelrod said, meh, better do it or the military guys may start to get suspicious. Nothing this guy does is on the up and up. Axelrod probly said, I know how tuff it is to sacrifice one of your fellow travelers but it'll help your poll numbers and the ends always justify the means, Karl Marx said so.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I am kind of curious where you and judge Napalitano were for the last 8 years?
I do not recall hearing anyone say we should stop hunting Osama.
Did I miss that?

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spinalremain

i want proof before i jump on the bandwagon and cheer for the death of another.

thats all i need.

Hmmmmm. You seemed to agree he was dead in this post

Originally posted by neo96
with the death of bin laden the world has just been changed and none of it for the better.

You want proof? How long can you hold your breath? OBL didn't end up with 32 virgins but rather swimming with the fishes. I know you're upset you've already realized this insures a 2012 victory. We BOTH know that.

edit on 2-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

I want proof too, and so do a lot of other people. I suspect they will not release pictures because there are no pics to show, or they really did get him but then why won't they show the pics? Do you really buy that they would shoot him in the head point blank without a trial, then bathe his body and wrap in fresh linens like the women bathed Jesus, and then (as Glenn Beck so poignantly mentioned, they happened to have a muslim cleric on hand to administer the rites) and drop his body into the sea, instead of bring it back to the States, or wow, beings there were only a handful of women and children at the compound they could have taken him into custody alive. But why didn't they? A lot of people want to know, and these are sensible questions.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

I am kind of curious where you and judge Napalitano were for the last 8 years?
I do not recall hearing anyone say we should stop hunting Osama.
Did I miss that?

Sinnthia, who said anything about stopping hunting Osama. See, if you are a real conspiracy theorist you would have known that you can hunt and hunt and hunt for as long as you want without finding him for the war on terrorism. Isn't that what all the liberals said about Bush? Finding him suddenly now when the Prez numbers were down is just too convenient and Im not buying it. If they really did get him, I'd say it had very little to do with the Prez. I bet they and Pakistan had Intel on him all along and did nothing till they needed it. That is if he really was still alive after all this time. Please don't take this in a partisan way either. I was not a big Bush supporter either because he's 3rd gen Skull and Bones. By the way, liberals generally have complained bitterly that Bush didn't declare war properly and so on, but now your favored lib Prez can bomb Libya without even talking to Congress(yes Bush did ask Congress and they said yes) and he can do a direct hit on Osama without a trial or anything, and do it without Pakistani knowledge. Wow the things this Prez does that you all would have totally gone ballistic if Bush did it. Please, where are your cries for Bin Ladin's fair trial by a jury of his peers? Well, at least we can't complain that he was detained unfairly at Gitmo, cause um well he wasn't detained, just shot in the head.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
If Obama is responsible for the death of Obama then please explain how.

Someone else gathered the intelligence.

Someone else followed the intelligence.

Someone else located Bin Laden.

Someone else came up with a plan to capture or kill bin laden.

Obama said do it.

Someone else accomplished the mission.

Obama addressed the nation.

Obama isn't riding the coat tails of Bush, he is riding the coattails of all the people who put in thousands of hours of work to accomplish this mission.

Screw thanking Obama. I'm thanking the Navy Seals.

In a word........authorization.

BTW, so much for "basking." President Obama graciously extended olive branch to GWB to attend Ground Zero ceremony on Thursday but Bush DECLINED offer.

Possible reasons:

Too embarrassed/ false pride?
Resentment/jealousy?
Not worthy?
Didn't want to acknowledge Obama succeeded where he failed?

Someone please explain this snub to me.

Bush provided SHADE not SUNLIGHT.

edit on 4-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

In a word........authorization.

BTW, so much for "basking." President Obama graciously extended olive branch to GWB to attend Ground Zero ceremony on Thursday but Bush DECLINED offer.

Possible reasons:

Too embarrassed/ false pride?
Resentment/jealousy?
Not worthy?
Didn't want to acknowledge Obama succeeded where he failed?

Someone please explain this snub to me.

Bush provided SHADE not SUNLIGHT.

edit on 4-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

Exactly. If this had gone horribly wrong and the seals died or were captured, it would have been all Obama's fault for authorizing it. So when everything goes perfectly, why is not his victory?

I saw that Bush declined, and thought it was both surprising and just plain rude, I chuck it up to jealousy. If I had a goal for the country and my successor succeeded where I had not, I would absolutely go to welcome the accomplishment, it was an accomplishment bigger than a personal career success (or at least it should be), it was a victory for the entire the country. Maybe victory is the wrong word, perhaps completion of a goal. Anyway, I think he should have went, my personal feeling George W. aside, he was the president during the attack and the president for the majority of the conflicts that followed, I think I he should have went.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShakaDoodle
Thanks to inheriting the successful George W. Bush Doctrine, Obama finally accomplishes something - blogs.wsj.com...

what a bunch of right-wing crap...it's simple...bush talked the talk, Obama walked the walk...they even have bush in 2003 on video say that he doesn't even care about bin laden any more. maybe it's bushs family business ties to the bin laden family that made old "W" just drop it.
face it, Obama had the balls, and bush wimped out. and if you've noticed the people are thanking Obama NOT bush.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

Thanks for bringing that up, I wasn't even thinking of the Bush/ Bin Laden tie. Perhaps....his rejection of the invitation had something to do with that, either to not rock the boat with bin Ladens family or gasp even a sign of respect by not celebrating the death of Osama.

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't know. I always found George Bush to be quite...dim? *laughs to self*
edit on 4-5-2011 by angrymomma because: Baby banging on keyboard. Listen to her! She has important things to type!

posted on May, 4 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by angrymomma
I don't know. I always found George Bush to be quite...dim? *laughs to self*
edit on 4-5-2011 by angrymomma because: Baby banging on keyboard. Listen to her! She has important things to type!

hahaha you made a funny.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join