It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama basks in the sunlight of George Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Thanks to inheriting the successful George W. Bush Doctrine, Obama finally accomplishes something - blogs.wsj.com...

+8 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
The guy who entered the presidency with a budgetary surplus? You mean that guy?

I'm still basking in his s*** too now that you mention it. I think most of us are...
edit on 2-5-2011 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh come on...

I give Obama more crap than nearly anyone on ATS.

But today I thank him and congratulate him.

His prudence in acting upon the intelligence he received
was paramount in the success I and many other Americans
celebrate today.

link   
Real successful

3.5 trillion dollars in the hole to kill one man, in a country we send billions of dollars too!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Really though, how much credit does he deserve? I mean, all he did, essentially, was heard the plan and said, "OK, go ahead."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I agree. At least he had the balls to do something, unlike clinton who had the chance and wussed out.
None of this would have happened if that chicken sh** would have given the order back then.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
obamas success was indeed riding the coattails of what gwb set in motion even tho he campaigned against it

it is indeed thanks to gwb and his policies that led to the bin ladens death.

gotta love it tho obama justified bush.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I still don't get what you people don't understand about the fact that it doesn't matter WHO is President. Its not who is in power that matters, its who you can't see who pulls the strings that matter.

Look past the mass mind control media and start opening your eyes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Well to a lot of the victims families, I'm sure it was worth it. Heck, I bet if they had the money, they would have gone after him themselves. It was worth it to me. He had and was going to cost the world even more. I don't think you can put a price on this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think the biggest reason we can congratulate Obama and not Bush is that Obama actually wanted to catch him. Think about it. Obama wanted to end the war but he can't do it without being called "soft" and "liberal" so he went out and got himself a Bin Laden. I doubt anybody will call him soft now when starts to draw down our forces.

Bush, on the other hand, needed him alive to keep the war going. Think about it for a while and maybe you'll agree. I don't know if this is a common perception but it came to me pretty quickly.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Oh, give the man a little credit. I was listening to Beck this morning, and even Beck was recounting a story where he was in Bush's office (yeah I don't know when that happened but moving on
) and the then candidate Obama was quoted as saying that he would dispatch jets to kill Osama, if he knew where he was hiding. Bush replied that the president does not have that much power and his hands were effectively tied, but that he would find that out once elected. Well......even Beck admitted Obama had the balls to do what he said he would, substitute helicopters for jets, and offered his congratulations.

I almost spit up my coffee hearing Beck say something positive about Obama but there it was.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

beck also said making the call to kill osama was a no brainer.

not in those exact words but close enough

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

beck also said making the call to kill osama was a no brainer.

not in those exact words but close enough

Must've missed that part, but isn't it?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

yeah it is a no brainer.

i would have made the call but i would have wanted to be there to see it with my own eyes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalunom

Really though, how much credit does he deserve? I mean, all he did, essentially, was heard the plan and said, "OK, go ahead."

If it were any other president, would you be saying that? Serious question. Would you be down playing the fact that he said "OK, go ahead" if it were another president?

I admit, I am not crazy about the job he has done, either.... But you know...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

absolutely!!!!!! I did hear that Obama and some staff were watching the raid on some sort of broadcast. I'm sure they recorded it, I don't mind if they blur the faces of the Seals for their protection or whatever, but I would like that tape released, just for verification and study purposes.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I don't believe that's all he did.

These things require planning, coordination. not just a "go ahead." The intelligence services could have been devastatingly wrong here. It was a gamble any way you slice it.

Obama made a very difficult decision and he was right to do it. I think the guy deserves credit where credit is due.

This time next week, however, I'll still be hammering the guy on his ridiculous policies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

If it were any other president, would you be saying that? Serious question. Would you be down playing the fact that he said "OK, go ahead" if it were another president?

I admit, I am not crazy about the job he has done, either.... But you know...

Absolutely I would, as someone else said, it doesn't matter who the president is, what they "do" is very little. Not to say that the job isn't difficult...after all, the potus has to take all the heat when things go bad. But, what president wouldn't act, on this intelligence of Osama's whereabouts, given the opportunity? This doesn't strike me as a particularly difficult decision.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Obama's administration orchestrated the mission and Obama himself signed off on it to give it "a green light".

Beck and Limbaugh themselves are even praising the administration on this one. Not you though.

Edit......before you throw the claim that Obama is my messiah, I have grown to detest the job he's doing. I do however appreciate the job that he and his administration has done here. Regardless of theories and what have you. If true (which is what we're discussing), it's a 100 percent success. The only casualty was a chopper.

Other than the Bush regime not finding Bin Laden, I see no reason for Bush to be in the discussion.
edit on 2-5-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Oh come on...

I give Obama more crap than nearly anyone on ATS.

But today I thank him and congratulate him.

His prudence in acting upon the intelligence he received
was paramount in the success I and many other Americans
celebrate today.

AGREED PV.

Oh and Bush was right when he said:

Too bad it wasn't on his watch. :shk:

Ding dong the wicked witch is dead. I will NOT allow this success to be marginalized by the Obama haters.

I applaud your honesty Projectvxn despite our past differences.

edit on 2-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join