It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama basks in the sunlight of George Bush

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
reply to post by kinda kurious

ROFLMAO!

Jinx! You totally owe me a coke now.

Spooky world. You know in some cultures when two members post identical content it is part of a complex mating ritual.
But I'll buy you a Coke even though I'm feeling 7 UP.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX
Oh please, spare me the shameless drama. You're getting pretty out there with the "No one else opinions matter, it's Un-American" territory. If you want to audition for the Ministry of Propaganda, be my guest, I'll forward your resume.

Yes, I'm sure all the "victims" are going to sleep sooo well, knowing that an entire decade after-the-fact, a dying man, and supposed perpetrator of events, was killed. Why don't you round up all the victims and see if their suffering has eased, now that a dirtbag hiding in caves for 10 years has died.

The US death toll for Iraq & Afghanistan is nearly 6,000, and that is deaths and deaths alone. This is not counting the horribly maimed and mentally destroyed. I'm not even going to look up the death tolls for other nations combined, or that of the indigenous in Iraq/Afghanistan, as the numbers are staggering and it depresses me.

So, people the world over are still dying from all this, while dimwits celebrate a meaningless event. While you tap dance and stroke your crackpot emotions, someone is likely being wounded or killed in this region right now, because of a war of vengeance. To stroke emotions for the monkeys among us. There are literally people in America that think all of this destruction and death, the massive amounts of death, is wholly worth it because they get to cheer the death of Osama for 2 days, and then go back to NASCAR and Royal Wedding recaps.

The fact that this is being used to exploit favor for Obama, a political ploy, is astounding and infuriating to me. Democrats foaming at the mouth to celebrate their version of "Mission Accomplished", and like Bush's folly, nothing has been accomplished and nothing changes.

Was this all worth it? All this blood for a decrepit body tossed in the ocean.

Two words: Nuremberg Trials.

A waste of time, right?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Sorry but Obama does deserve the credit because he is the man in office when the events happened.

Even if the whole apparatus was put in place by Bush, Obama had the balls to set American forces loose in Pakistan.

But credit and blame work the same.

Just as Obama deserves credit for killing Osama, he also deserves blame for high gas prices and a bad economy.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Bush is probably thinking to himself. "Damn!... Why didn't I think of faking Osama's death?"

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Thats not sunlight.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by BlueLightRain

LOL - Well, whatever you want to call it,
he's still basking in it.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Oh come on...

I give Obama more crap than nearly anyone on ATS.

But today I thank him and congratulate him.

His prudence in acting upon the intelligence he received
was paramount in the success I and many other Americans
celebrate today.

You guys are engaging in lunacy. You could put anyone in the Presidential position and they'd have done the same thing.

Obama is a suit, he had nothing to do with the work involved. He simply okayed something that 99% of Americans would of okayed.

Even Bush, the giant retard he is, could have done the same.

Obama was hardly likely to say no.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Like it matters who is pres or what party controls the congress. I can't believe people on ats continue falling for this crud at this late stage. Zombies or trolls? Wtf are you?

edit on 3-5-2011 by Snoopy1978 because: Spellcheck screwed with the word ats

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
Two words: Nuremberg Trials.

A waste of time, right?

The Nuremberg trials were considered by many to be a joke, a dog and pony show to once again put on a performance to satisfy the petty emotions of people who didn't care one way or the other in the end. The greatest controversy is that they were not proper trials, and were basically long-winded theatrical executions. A lot of people were concerned of the precedent set by perverting the court and justice system, no matter how heinous some of these men's crimes were.

You're welcome to read up on the criticisms of the Trials, so I won't go into that here, as you are starting to derail the topic (hardly surprising). All I'll say is that Nuremberg and Osama Bin Laden's death have absolutely nothing in common. The trials were a result of a long, bloody world war between official standing armies, and in the end, even though it was somewhat of a joke and justice wasn't served to everybody (see Operation Paperclip; Concentration Camp guards, etc) it can still be given a pass due to the very overt nature of the entire war.

This is different. This is, quite frankly, a pile of bullsht. As someone pointed out in another thread;

Originally posted by Konah
There is absolutely no reason to celebrate tonight. Our country is united in hatred and has forgotten it's duty as American citizens to question, to dissent.

Without any amount of proof masses of people are gathering. Moreover, they are gathering over the death of one man who was shown to have no ties to what happened on September 11th - but they will not gather to protest the suspension of their civil liberties.

It is sickening. Today, I am disappointed in America.

This post here speaks volumes, and they are right.

Anyway, let me know if you want to keep cherry picking moments of history to derail this thread further. Though I'll have to stop you if you go so far as to delve into the execution of Cicero by Mark Antony.

"..we will be reading Miranda rights to the corpse of Osama bin Laden. Bin Laden will never appear in an American courtroom. The possibility of catching him alive is infinitesimal. He will be killed by us or he will be killed by his own people so he can't be captured by us." -Attorney General Eric Holder

What justice?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
the bush doctrine? is that the same doctrine that hogtied and undermined the generals that the plan used to kill or capture bin laden at tora bora was so ineffective, amateurish and undermanned that osama escaped with little trouble.

a third rate risk player could have come up with a better battle plan.

i remember bush summing up his doctrine in 2002, 6 months after 9/11, with broken hearted families still gripping with fresh wounds and ground zero still smoldering says:

"I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
- G.W. Bush, 3/13/02

ya, he deserves full credit for finding osama.

edit on 3-5-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Thanks for your reply, I've wasted no time in reading it.

ON TOPIC:

Obama basks in the sunlight of George Bush

On the contrary I find few, if any, similarities between current and former POTUS in the area of military or national security doctrine. First and foremost the "Commander in Chief" moniker is simply a title, we all get that. It is largely the same military, troops on the ground and subservient chain of command. So ALL credit toward ANY success should be focused on the true brave heros who serve our great nation and their courage and sacrifice.

However, as CIC the POTUS sets tone and policy for the military decisions made. Bush was more of a "showboater" with a swagger while uttering bravado phrases like "wanted dead or alive," "evil doers" and most famously "bring them on." There is compelling evidence to show that intel revealed via Presidential Daily Briefings prior to 911 pointed to a looming attack using commercial aircraft on American soil. That warning was largely unheeded. Bush also catastrophically opined "Mission Accomplished" on the deck of a US aircraft which has become the premature proclamation of our time. It was also the invasion of Iraq on under the guise of fabricated intelligence purporting WMD that will go down in history as one of the greatest military blunders of all time.

Conversely President Obama, as I've stated numerous times, exudes the calm cool confidence of a Christian holding four aces. (parlance of Mark Twain) He is careful and calculated in his word, deeds and actions and doesn't diminish his role with fake bravado. While I am disappointed that some of the knee jerk policies and decisions inherited from the prior administration remain intact (most notably Gitmo and Patriot Act and perpetuation of two senseless wars) I am hopeful the closure of eliminating OBL brings sweeping change in the future.

It is ironic to see the hypocrites that decry sanctions such as the Patriot Act now claiming the Bush doctrine is an admirable thing. I refuse to stand idly as others attempt to rewrite history. Justice has been served on a silver platter.

911 occurred on Bush's watch and the balance of his term was a reactionary. OBL was finally killed on President Obama's watch by an administration that is largely proactive. It was a gutsy move well worth the risk.

This seals the fate of the failed Bush "War on Terror" forever. Might as well accept that FACT.

edit on 3-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You guys are completely dumb and now I am fully convinced that you guys are just Obama Haters. You never see anything objectively and do nothing but spew crap.

You know what you are doing. You guys are screaming wolf over and over. Well guess what, when Obama really does screw up, no one will listen to you.

George Bush and Obama did things completely separate. GW (for example) wouldn't go into Pak until later in his "career" and Obama worked directly until this mission was accomplished.

Oooh that must really chap your hide, eh?

Pfft Basking in the sunlight of GW.

W was an idiot, one of the worst presidents in history (according to historians) and you guys can bash Obama for his spending all you want, but you need to remember that a majority of economists said that Obama should have spent more on recovery.

ATS is starting to fill up with partisan hacks who have no clue what is going on in our country politically, financially and all your lies are based on fear.

Take some economic courses, I beg you.

PS, I lean left but fall more towards the middle and I assure you I am not biased...only fact based.

I wouldn't be sticking up for Obama if it wasn't for all of the Disinfo from complete twits such as the ones in this thread.

Good day.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vikus
Sorry but Obama does deserve the credit because he is the man in office when the events happened.

Even if the whole apparatus was put in place by Bush, Obama had the balls to set American forces loose in Pakistan.

But credit and blame work the same.

Just as Obama deserves credit for killing Osama, he also deserves blame for high gas prices and a bad economy.

The economy has been recovering for awhile. While I do not agree with all of the steps taken (Wallstreet and Banks are free reign...still) Obama is not to blame.

Don't forget in 2000 we had a surplus and Bush was quick to piss away America's wealth. I could explain this further (like Medicare Part D) but you people need to research the facts before making outrageous claims.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
If Obama is responsible for the death of Obama then please explain how.

Someone else gathered the intelligence.

Someone else followed the intelligence.

Someone else located Bin Laden.

Someone else came up with a plan to capture or kill bin laden.

Obama said do it.

Someone else accomplished the mission.

Obama addressed the nation.

Obama isn't riding the coat tails of Bush, he is riding the coattails of all the people who put in thousands of hours of work to accomplish this mission.

Screw thanking Obama. I'm thanking the Navy Seals.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
People on ats lose me, current president obama throws the American people a bone, nothing more, nothing less, and American people are rejoicing

Nothing has changed with said, budget spending,Gitmo,3wars,Patriot Act, etc,etc.

Back to the bone and what truly is starting to scare the shizzle out of me from most Americans with the death of OBL: WAS not America found on the right of being innocent till proven guilty

So let me get this straight, the MSM can label ANYONE a terrorist our American government goes into a country that we are not even at war with and KILL him. I am by no means a OBL lover, but come on cold blooded killing with JUSTIFICATION of being labeled a TERRORIST

The term sheeple just has been taken to a whole new level, as the attention span of most Americans has been set at a whole new low, and the empathy level has become null and void.

In a nutshell; this war on terror was staged, labeled, and portrayed all from the msm, which can and will label ANYONE A TERRORIST, so be very careful people, as you too have the chance of being labeled a terrorist with your death being shot from a CNN camera as the masses cry out for MORE-MORE-MORE

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
What immediately came to MY mind is the end of Toy Story 3 when Woody and the gang are basically in the garbage dump...they avoid the shredder by grabbing onto metal objects and hang on to the ceiling while everything else gets shredded to little bitties. When they drop down, Rex says "Look! I see daylight! We're going to be okay!!!" and Woody says "Uhh Rex...thats not daylight..." because they are now heading toward the room where all the trash is burnt, the "daylight" he saw is the fire pit, and they're heading straight for it.

Take that as you will...I prefer to stay out of this one, I havent made up my mind on what to believe yet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
It's very simple, the leader takes the crap and the leader takes the credit. It's a very simple that has been in place long before Obama took office, and it appears to me that some are so blinded their hatred of our leader they refuse to acknowledge his role in the event. I absolutely agree that the Seals deserve a big round of applause, a cookie, perhaps a monetary bonus for their bravery, effort, and accomplishment. What if they failed?

If the mission has been a complete failure the general population in the US would be screaming what an idiot Obama is (well, more than currently anyway), how dare we violate a sovereign country, how could we put our troops in such danger, blah blah blah.

His call worked out for him and our goals. Good job. He's had his day to party now let's get back to work.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Interesting the TIMING of the whole operation.

Supposedly, they had been aware of the compound for a good six months. For all we know, they could have been aware of it for the last 6 years. Truth is, they can tell us anything they want - and we have no way of knowing if any of it is true at all. Frankly, I have a hard time believing anything the MSM or white house has to say. It's as if they're working out the lies as they go. Look at all the discrepancies and misinformation.

At first, it was believed to be a missle. Woops, no it was a firefight. Then a woman used as a human shield. Then not a human shield. It was his wife, maybe not his wife. It was a younger son, now an older son. He was armed and fighting back, he was unarmed but resisted. Pakistan knew about the mission, no they didn't. They got the intel from waterboarding, no they didn't. The intel came from GITMO, no it didn't. He was double tapped to the head, no it was one to the head and one to the chest. 99.9% DNA match, but who's DNA are they matching it to? Did they have Bin Laden's DNA on file, or was it the DNA of a family member? Why not 100% DNA match? Why a burial at sea so quickly after his death?

Also interesting to note: Bin Laden died the same day that Hitler allegedly died.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
reply to post by SyphonX

Thanks for your reply, I've wasted no time in reading it.

ON TOPIC:

Then don't make statements/ask questions that have nothing to do with the topic. It was not I who brought up the Nuremberg Trials.
edit on 3-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by truthmaven

Right on! I totally agree.....what about the shadow government.......who are they? They have the power.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join