It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama basks in the sunlight of George Bush

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

Originally posted by kalunom
reply to post by projectvxn

Really though, how much credit does he deserve? I mean, all he did, essentially, was heard the plan and said, "OK, go ahead."

I don't believe that's all he did.

These things require planning, coordination. not just a "go ahead." The intelligence services could have been devastatingly wrong here. It was a gamble any way you slice it.

Obama made a very difficult decision and he was right to do it. I think the guy deserves credit where credit is due.

This time next week, however, I'll still be hammering the guy on his ridiculous policies.

Had the intelligence been wrong, or the strike gone awry, I can't see that it would have been huge deal. We see stories all the time all over the mideast of strikes that kill civilians, busloads of children, and the like...they are a dime a dozen and no one ever seems to think twice about them. Sad but true. It would have just been brushed under the rug.

As said in my other reply, how could he have not made the decision he did? I'd rather give credit to the people who actually did the work.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
obamas success was indeed riding the coattails of what gwb set in motion even tho he campaigned against it

it is indeed thanks to gwb and his policies that led to the bin ladens death.

gotta love it tho obama justified bush.

Bush went into Iraq.
Obama promised to go big in Afghanistan.
They killed him in Pakistan?

OK well to quote most of the people on ATS that post from the right side of things "Bush is not president anymore and we are sick of you blaming/giving him credit for stuff!"

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by searching4truth

Don't worry I am sure that the "government" will release a very rainy and very difficult to see video of the whole think to appease the skeptical while protecting the "heroes".

What a joke, Obama has prove that he is nothing but another puppet to corporate interest.

edit on 2-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

bush also set up gitmo from which alot of the intelligence came from

bush also vamped up cia resources with regards to who the courier was and the gitmo detainees put a name to the face...

the fact is obama campaigned agianst everything bush did and it was only from what bush did that obama even had the opportunity to even go into pakistan.

obama didnt do crap pretty simple.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
OK well to quote most of the people on ATS that post from the right side of things "Bush is not president anymore and we are sick of you blaming/giving him credit for stuff!"

WINNING! ROFLMAO. Tanking our economy isn't Bush's fault but he gets credit for playing a nonexistent role in getting OBL.

edit on 2-5-2011 by kinda kurious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
What a joke, Obama has prove that he is nothing but another puppet to corporate interest.

You have to prove you are a better poster.

Hey, I came across a video of Bush explaining his cunning plan that Obama obviously just totally jacked.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

ROFLMAO!

Jinx! You totally owe me a coke now.
edit on 5/2/11 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Don't worry I am sure that the "government" will release a very rainy and very difficult to see video of the whole think to appease the skeptical while protecting the "heroes".

edit on 2-5-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

Well, I hope they do.

How exactly does the killing of Osama prove that he is a puppet of corporate interests?

As I've said repeatedly across ats, I am of the belief that Osama left the earth long ago, but working with the current news he just died yesterday, how does this support the inept Obama opinion? I would think if any group would happy with the death it would be the righties ( being overall conservative myself) particularly the extreme righties. Has this not been the goal since September 12 2001? Or is it just that this particular "victory" went to Obama instead of Bush or Mc Cain? I give credit where credit is due, and assuming the official story is the God's honest truth, then congrats Mr. Pres.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I do not think you understand how it works.
We were attacked on 9/11.
Because we were attacked, Bush and Guliani became heros.
Osama was killed on 5/1.
Because of that, Obama is a do nothing corporate puppet.

This is not rocket science.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

I do not think you understand how it works.
We were attacked on 9/11.
Because we were attacked, Bush and Guliani became heros.
Osama was killed on 5/1.
Because of that, Obama is a do nothing corporate puppet.

This is not rocket science.

lmao.....thank you, I appreciate the break down. I didn't realize in my month or so hiatus from ats that the structure had change dramatically. I will work harder to bring forth false information and baseless claims.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

But Bush had 8 years to do what Obama has done in only 2.5.

Had the intel been wrong and the team shot up a bunch of innocent Pakistanis, I seriously doubt you would be praising Bush and Gitmo and the intel.

The fact is that no matter what Obama does or doesn't do, you will fault him. It never matters. You will continually give Bush the credit when Obama succeeds and you will fault Obama when he's influenced my Bush's mess. That's the only thing that is apparent and simple.

Anyone who isn't applauding the administrations jon on this is in nothing more than denial. Its sour grapes at its finest. You actually dislike a man so much that when he does the world a great service, you find a way to award the kudos to George Bush

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

You kiddng?

You're one of the few posters I enjoy going toe to toe with...Even though it often gets out of hand lol.

I think there is plenty of congrats to go around on this one.

But President Obama certainly DOES deserve the credit for being prudent enough to act on such a gamble.

That takes stones.

That said, I still think his centralization ideas on the economy, and many of the Bush era policies he's kept going are a problem. I still won't be voting for the guy.

But people really do need to drop the Bush vs. Obama politics on this one. It's stupid. Bush is not president. Obama is.

Why is it that it's not ok to blame Bush for things that Obama is in charge of two years in, but it is perfectly fine to give credit to Bush for a decision Obama made?

I'm not down with that kind of BS.
edit on 2-5-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

the intel that led to yesterday started years before obama even got elected into office.

yeah i do fault him for taking credit for things he did not do.

the people who made this possible were the men and women at the cia and those people at gitmo and those men who carried out the operation.

obama sat in the situation room and watch those men as if it was a video game.

no man theres no way i will give credit to obama.
edit on 2-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The current administration was tracking a courier of Osama. They have been tracking him for over a year. Their latest intel had nothing to do with George Bush.

None of this mission had anything to do with George Bush.

Even Beck and Limbaugh are applauding Obama and his staff. If those two guys can eat crow when Obama succeeds, I don't see why anyone couldn't do the same. Unless of course if they have a predisposition to hate on Obama. You clearly have this.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
obama sat in the situation room and watch those men as if it was a video game.

no man theres no way i will give credit to obama

It was just reported that sitting next to Obama was the #3 man in the JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) operation. Obama was said to be "very hands on" and chose from various proposals. It was very fluid and real time.

Try as you might, YOU CANNOT diminish this tremendous achievement. The Birthers were right about the Birth Certificate being a distraction. It was used as a cover to carry out this raid......boom. It is simply un American to fail to acknowledge the enormity of this success both militarily and politically.

Bottom line: We were attacked on Bush's watch and America was vindicated on Obama's watch.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Oh come on...

I give Obama more crap than nearly anyone on ATS.

But today I thank him and congratulate him.

His prudence in acting upon the intelligence he received
was paramount in the success I and many other Americans
celebrate today.

What exactly are you celebrating? A dying man was pronounced dead, and putting aside the conspiracies on this one... What does it do/change?

Thousands of people throughout the world have been killed due to the rushed conflict America thrust itself into, on two fronts. A decade later, and Osama is dead.. and.. you're celebrating.

I'm actually pretty bummed out, not because Bin Laden is dead, because I couldn't care less one way or the other, as he hasn't mattered in this world for about 5 years now. But I'm pretty saddened to see how selfish and ignorant most people still are. They think this whole conflict is a Hollywood movie. A bad guy dies in the crescendo of events, and like a bunch of witless monkeys, you cheer it, thinking it actually changes something other than your petty, selfish emotions.

Meanwhile, in the middle-east, hundreds of thousands are killed, maimed, wounded or their minds torn from all of this conflict, on a minute-to-minute basis. Wake up. This isn't a movie.

Back home, our country is in utter economic devastation, out-of-control leadership and a cartel of banking barons still making runs on what we have left to survive. Basically, we are in a world of #, and this is all because we wanted to stop being honorable and intelligent, and wanted to give everything up to be a country run by emotions.

*Clap*.. not.
edit on 2-5-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

un america he says

un american that is the biggest bunch of bs i have ever read.

no body no achievement.

and i can and i have.

obama didnt do anything feel free to continue to carry his water.

freedom of speech and dissent is COMPLETELY AMERICAN.
edit on 2-5-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Oh come on...

I give Obama more crap than nearly anyone on ATS.

But today I thank him and congratulate him.

His prudence in acting upon the intelligence he received
was paramount in the success I and many other Americans
celebrate today.

What exactly are you celebrating? A dying man was pronounced dead, and putting aside the conspiracies on this one... What does it do/change?

Thousands of people throughout the world have been killed due to the rushed conflict America thrust itself into, on two fronts. A decade later, and Osama is dead.. and.. you're celebrating.

I'm actually pretty bummed out, not because Bin Laden is dead, because I couldn't care less one way or the other, as he hasn't mattered in this world for about 5 years now. But I'm pretty saddened to see how selfish and ignorant most people still are.

Using your logic, there is a statute of limitations on murder......not. Justice was served as OBL was complicit and culpable for 911. Unfortunately it doesn't matter what you think. It matters what the thousands of victim's relatives think. It matters what the first responders who survived and have health issues think. It matters what the children who lost parents or parents who lost children think. Your opinion sir, is inconsequential in the scheme of things. :shk:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

^ What he said.

I think it is appropriate to celebrate a small victory in a very long war.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I won't say you're un-American. That's childish and probably untrue. I will however say that a lot of what you're syaing has no merit. How can we accept your input when it's always the same color, regardless of the topic? You have shown that you will fault Obama even when he does good things. Therefore your only input is to slander the president and throw mud at him for the right wing. You should instead try to objectively view things without the republican goggles on. Otherwise you're behaving exactly how TPTB want you to behave. They want you to argue over silly things. At the end of the day Bush and Obama bow to the same dam source. The dollar.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join