It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Osama Is About To Win The 'War On Terror'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
My take, it doesn't matter when, where, how, if Bin Laden died. He already won the instant the Patriot Act was enacted, the instant TSA was born, the moment Afghanistan and Iraq were invaded, when we became ready to spend everything to win the "War on Terror", when we became more interested in "security" than justice!

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinnthia

My thoughts were the same. Just wondering...has anyone tallied how much it has cost as a ntion to destroy/kill Osama?? And please, do not tell me about how much the cost of "freedom" is.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Not only bankrupcy, but, the loss of civil liberties. That is what bin laden has accomplished. Stop celebrating one man's death, and demand your liberties back, demand your freedom back.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations

I think benefits for the private corporations (and the people that make big money through them) is a major part of what this has always been about. The American people may have lost out, but TPTB are probably quite happy about how things are going.

Also, Alex Jones has an interesting Bilderberg insider story that mentions them wanting to keep the middle east wars going - Link

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

If you remember, George Bush and the administration dismissed these statements by Osama Bin Ladin as purely propaganda.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well the U.S is still able to conduct operation around the world including the one that killed osama. Osama and al qeada have not done anything as of late. Imagine Osama was hiding inside a house for years scared of being captured or killed. Makes u wonder who was terrorizing who.

The economic problems in The U.S came from fraud the banks did in the housing market not from the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. The only problem the wars created were debt which can be paid off eventually. Osama and his cohorts are mostly dead and captured. Even with Osama dead the war on terror is not ending any time soon, which makes any presumption concerning who is about to win premature.
edit on 3-5-2011 by shyster55 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Actually we'll all be ok. We can just print as much money as we need.

Did everyone forget that?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
But everyone remember, this is a huge win for America right?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Brilliant post S&F for you.

I think thats what you called 'played' but remember the US used it to their advantage my awarding all their contracts to people like Hailburton (isn't that Rumies company?), so more like a money laundering game, yeah the US people got seriously stuffed.

Ouch thats gotta hurt....

Also there is the oil and the minerals...worth a few bob.

The US Geological Survey prompted widespread cheer in Kabul with the release of a report on Monday stating that Afghanistan is home to $1 trillion (£680bn) in mineral wealth. But Afghan and international leaders should be cautious. This discovery is a double-edged sword. The mineral reserves may pave the path to a better future, but they may also lead to even more endemic conflict.

The Guardian
edit on 3-5-2011 by oxford because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
So no one in america or europe is profiting from this war on terror? I know its costing the public but what about the arms dealers and cotractors.

They absolutely are. Did you read all of what Osama said? That was his point. The rich jerks have made unbelievable amounts of money, but America is losing. Not a dime that gets made by private entities has anything to do with America

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by john1287
reply to post by Caji316

osama is not going to win not now not ever i dont even have to read this crap to no you are rong so good luck with your fairytails

Haha.. shh Johnny.. just go back to sleep. Are you having trouble sleeping? You want me to warm up a glass of tap water for you?

Hey quiet down everybody.. John's trying to sleep

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
the white house just stated that OBL was unarmed when the SEALs shot him and he resisted arrest. Why couldn't we take him alive if that was the case? i think that statement about OBL being unarmed just adds to the true mystery around this whole situation. you would think that they would try at all cost to get the most wanted man in the world alive.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
What if the "killing of Osama" was just a ruse to make people think America won the war in Afghanistan?When in reality they have to pull out like the Russians did because they couldn't defeat them!

Definitely something to think about!

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

This video should kind of sum up the war costs and plans of the elite.

www.youtube.com...=13

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia
Unfortunately, the moment I heard the news this is kind of the first thing I thought of. How many lives did we waste and how many dollars did we waste in order to avenge 9/11? Did it even out? I remembered early on that the stated goal was not to blow up or attack the US but to bleed it dry. I had a hard time getting too excited.

Maybe 5K lives lost with another 40k in wounded and handicapped.

Around 1.2 Trillion in dollars thus far.

IMO...We never should have gone in heavy to Afghanistan and not at all in Iraq. We could have nudged those countries along with some surgical strikes and then let the natives sort out what they want to do about thier leaders.

As the Obama administration just proved, we can make our presence felt in the terrorist community with small elite operations and a well backed, determined intelligence community.

The Middle East has shown that they are capable of change on thier own or with no or little support...air/drones...mostly aimed at blowing up high end military equipment that the US gave the dictators to begin with...otherwise leveling the playing field when neccessary.

We are not the lords of Democracy...we barely can hold our own "great experiment" together at times.

Occupation and "Nation Building" is insanely costly and outright counter-productive to combatting terrorism.

As for the OP...good points...but nothing that hasn't been expressed by others besides OBL and I have no interest in his ramblings. He murdered thousands of innocent Americans...I could care less what he (later) claimed was his motivation or strategy. I am sure Hitler thought he was building a better world. I stopped listening to anything OBL had to say when the first plane struck the towers.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I honestly think that he didnt won anything, BECAUSE ANY WAR CAUSES DEMAND,,of services,infrastructure,weapons,intel,etc etc,even the samallest bullet cost money,whoever saw the war on terror as a BIG BUSINESS, has a big fat check account rigth now.And growing,look at this they really cant protect you or me from terrorist attacks, be real,they know the art of killing by the mases,its just the shares of the so call war on terror that are for sale.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

That was 2004 and our national debt was $7 trillion, now it is on the verge of $15 trillion dollars, and we so close to the debt ceiling we can touch it with our noses. We are on the verge of bankruptcy.

I actually agree with the spirit of your post, but this is a bit misleading. Entitlements take most of the budget and even if we were not at war, it would not have lowered the debt that much. The Bailouts and reduced tax revenue created most of the debt, not the wars. As dirty as it is, wars produce a dividend that negates much of their cost. I'm not justifying it, just pointing out the reality.

Having said that, we should have zero people in Iraq and Afghanistan should be only surgical strikes against specific targets I think. The way they took Osama is how we should be dealing with the leaders of the Jihadist groups. Just keep cutting the new heads off the snake as they regrow and deprive the body of its senses to mindlessly wander about.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
earth to humans...

earth to humans...

9/11/01 was a false flag operation....

it was not osama bin laden or any oter cave dwellers...

it was the powers that were of this world...

aaron russo knew one of them and spoke out and then died of "cancer"

remember?

you will

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I actually agree with the spirit of your post, but this is a bit misleading

Sure is.

The only reason we are in the position we are is because our politicians have long forgotten the most important rule in Budget 101, don't spend more than what you take in.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Who cares about the money. We lost or moral direction. We never said we wanted to capture Bin Ladin. Even the president addressed us without mentioning that any attempt to put Bin Ladin on trial was ever considered. Congressmen talked about the incident as a planned 'hit". What ever happened to the rule of law? I don't believe Osbama killed Osama anyway. We should at least come up with a story for the children, like how Bin Ladin refused to surrender and was shot in self defense..

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join