It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Osama Is About To Win The 'War On Terror'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+167 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I know we are all celebrating the death of the most wanted and evil man in the world, but it is time to snap back to reality. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what was Osama bin Laden's overall plan against the U.S. again? Well if you remember, and I am sure everyone has heard of this, then even in death Osama is about to win his fight against the U.S. and the "War on Terror."

In 2004, Osama released a videotape stating his plan:

(Bin Laden: Goal is to bankrupt U.S.)
articles.cnn.com...:WORLD

He said the mujahedeen fighters did the same thing to the Soviet Union in Afghanistan in the 1980s, "using guerrilla warfare and the war of attrition to fight tyrannical superpowers."

"We, alongside the mujahedeen, bled Russia for 10 years until it went bankrupt and was forced to withdraw in defeat," bin Laden said.

He also said al Qaeda has found it "easy for us to provoke and bait this administration."

"All that we have to do is to send two mujahedeen to the furthest point east to raise a piece of cloth on which is written al Qaeda, in order to make generals race there to cause America to suffer human, economic and political losses without their achieving anything of note other than some benefits for their private corporations," bin Laden said.

As part of the "bleed-until-bankruptcy plan," bin Laden cited a British estimate that it cost al Qaeda about $500,000 to carry out the attacks of September 11, 2001, an amount that he said paled in comparison with the costs incurred by the United States.

"Every dollar of al Qaeda defeated a million dollars, by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs," he said. "As for the economic deficit, it has reached record astronomical numbers estimated to total more than a trillion dollars.

The total U.S. national debt is more than $7 trillion. The U.S. federal deficit was $413 billion in 2004, according to the Treasury Department.

"It is true that this shows that al Qaeda has gained, but on the other hand it shows that the Bush administration has also gained, something that anyone who looks at the size of the contracts acquired by the shady Bush administration-linked mega-corporations, like Halliburton and its kind, will be convinced.

"And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their economy."

As for President Bush's Iraq policy, Bin Laden said, "the darkness of black gold blurred his vision and insight, and he gave priority to private interests over the public interests of America.

"So the war went ahead, the death toll rose, the American economy bled, and Bush became embroiled in the swamps of Iraq that threaten his future," bin Laden said.

U.S. government officials said Friday that the tape appeared to be authentic and recently made. It was the first videotaped message from the al Qaeda leader in nearly three years.

That was 2004 and our national debt was $7 trillion, now it is on the verge of $15 trillion dollars, and we so close to the debt ceiling we can touch it with our noses. We are on the verge of bankruptcy. It is a very real problem, and without drastic measures such as; huge cuts in defense spending and social programs, ending the wars overseas, and raising taxes it will be almost unavoidable.

Osama may have died yesterday, but he is about to win the “War on Terror.” So, yeah we got ‘em, but it you think about it... he just duped the hell out of us.

Three good threads by: Vitchilo.
(US total debt officially breaks debt ceiling!)
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=11111247#pid11111247

(US Treasury's Geithner says US to start "extraordinary" measures to stay under debt ceiling)
www.abovetopsecret.com...&flagit=697748

(U.S. gets C credit rating, as low as Mexico)
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=11194944#pid11194944

(This Can't Be Happening In America) by: Hessling
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Money wasted Clocks.

(U.S. National Debt Clock)
www.usdebtclock.org...

(Cost of U.S. Wars Clock)
costofwar.com...

edit on 2-5-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
This says it all ""And it all shows that the real loser is you," he said. "It is the American people and their country."

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

Wow good catch. I am amazed more people aren't flagging this.

S+F

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Excellent post! Thank you for educating me!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills
I know we are all celebrating the death of the most wanted and evil man in the world, but it is time to snap back to reality. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but what was Osama bin Laden's overall plan against the U.S. again? Well if you remember, and I am sure everyone has heard of this, then even in death Osama is about to win his fight against the U.S. and the "War on Terror."

Unfortunately, the moment I heard the news this is kind of the first thing I thought of. How many lives did we waste and how many dollars did we waste in order to avenge 9/11? Did it even out? I remembered early on that the stated goal was not to blow up or attack the US but to bleed it dry. I had a hard time getting too excited.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
wow, well thought through, i hadnt even thought of this, its flagged.

+20 more 
posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
To be honest all they have won in this war in Iraq is thousands of dead soldiers, millions of innocent casualties and trillions of dollars in debt. Their is little relief in knowing that Osama is dead with more repercussions of attack coming soon. Amerian's celebrating that it took 10 years to kill one man. When will they learn..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Is that really surprising? Perhaps one of the reasons Jihadis get some many recruits is because they have no economic future where they currently are in life. Better to sacrifice one's life in the name of God than die an unemployed nobody in a dirty slum.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah, bleeding us dry financially, and loss of to many lives is hardly a conquest for one man.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I mean I am glad we finally killed him, but I really don't understand how our leaders failed to grasp the complexity of his plan? He stated it out in the open!!! He did the exact same thing to Russia when they invaded Afghanistan and failed after 10 years! The Soviet Union began cutting their losses and retreating about the same time their economy and country crashed, is it really about to happen again? Why are we occupying an entire country and people because Osama lived there?

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I think also it is frightening the nuclear statement the AQ made. That with Osama's death will be a 'nuclear hellstorm' on the West. That is what worries me right now...

+11 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Do you honestly think that the US Gov. had no idea that this would be the outcome?

I think that they knew that this would be the outcome and as long as the big wigs were able to line their pockets along with their cronies pockets then everything else is moot including the standard of living for American citizens.

Osama was 100% correct when he said that the American people were the real losers because as we have all seen the politicians are laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

How many lives did we waste and how many dollars did we waste in order to avenge 9/11? Did it even out?

Do you really think anyone really cares about the innocent lives wasted? As for the money, it wasn't wasted, it was transferred from the middle class to the rich. The American middle class taxpayers have been hoodwinked and impoverished with phony wars more than he/she will ever realize.
edit on 3-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2011 by SphinxMontreal because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Hearing world leaders say that the world is a safer place without Osama Bin laden makes me just want to kick them in the balls.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Wow that's a real eye opener.

Looking at it objectively, it's a brilliant and possibly fool proof plan. Whether Osama was alive or dead he still wins because while he was alive the U.S just kept bleeding like someone cut it's jugular vein. And now that he's dead there will inevitably be a backlash/Jihad etc. Win - win for Osama.

The Bush administration obviously knew this was how it was going to pan out so they made the best of the situation and filled their bellies with silver and took the side door out and left the American people in the lurch. What a bunch of snakes.

I really feel for you guys

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tooo many pills

The Soviet intervention in Afghanistan and subsequent insurgency did not bankrupt the Soviet Union or force it's ultimate collapse.

However the U.S. falling in to a monumental trap is a given. Ignorance & arrognace mixed together is a most painful concoction.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Hi all,

Has any of you ever thought this was planned the whole time?
Osama bin laden and bush administration?

AOL news

And i think the link below might give you a better idea as to what i mean about this whole thing was a set up.

Wikipedia

+45 more 
posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I know we are all celebrating the death of the most wanted and evil man in the world,

PLEASE speak for yourself. This sentence is inaccurate and sickens me.

I for one am not celebrating this faked death which is an insult to the intelligence of many - and I don't believe your opinion that he was the most evil man in the world. The world's most evil men live in DC, in my opinion, and are still alive and free.

edit on 3-5-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2DamnGood
Hi all,

Has any of you ever thought this was planned the whole time?
Osama bin laden and bush administration?

AOL news

And i think the link below might give you a better idea as to what i mean about this whole thing was a set up.

Wikipedia

Yeah it does seem like they were hand in hand with this whole thing. Al-Qaeda would definitely need some help on the inside to carry out 9/11 and that's looks like what happened. Bush/Rumsfeld et al get Iraq as their reward.

Or maybe they really did kill Osama when they figured out he pretty much double crossed them. Damn, the possibilities are endless.
edit on 3-5-2011 by Fatgoblin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

I mean I am glad we finally killed him, but I really don't understand how our leaders failed to grasp the complexity of his plan? He stated it out in the open!!! He did the exact same thing to Russia when they invaded Afghanistan and failed after 10 years! The Soviet Union began cutting their losses and retreating about the same time their economy and country crashed, is it really about to happen again? Why are we occupying an entire country and people because Osama lived there?

I doubt our leaders have failed to grasp anything. It wasn't Bin Laden's plan to bankrupt the Soviet Union, it was America's, specifically the CIA and people like Zbigniew Brzezinski, and Bin Laden and the Mujahideen were merely our tool. Brzezinski is open about his desire for a one-world government, and he believes that America as a super-power must be brought down. It's my suspicion that after seeing how well this plan worked on the Soviet Union, they decided to use it on us.

Thank you, OP, for shedding light on this. To say that this is significant is a drastic understatement. This could very well mean everything. I feel like this has lead me to finally connect some major dots with my own understanding of things.
edit on 3-5-2011 by bacci0909 because: I said "the Soviets Union" and changed it to "the Soviet Union". Didn't want to sound stupid

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join