It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
what are the odds that people who will seek to join in the middle of the night a conspiracy site when they do not believe there is a conspiracy?

It is ALWAYS the middle of the night somewhere on this spinning rock.

reply to post by Illusionsaregrander
No need for another post....

I wasn't saying that I disagreed with you.
I just don't think the time of day is a relevant factor.
I sleep when the suns up.

edit on 5/2/11 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

The threads this occurred in happened not too long after it was announced the body was dumped at sea, and they are so huge now, there is no way I will find those posts, but in one, there were two new joins stumping for Obama, and if you asked one a question, a person question, the other answered it.

You might not find that strange, but several of us did. And the replies were weird and only vaguely related to what you said.

The consensus was that they were bots.

So, its not hard evidence, but............I disagree that nothing weird was going on in the Osama threads last night. It also struck us as strange how quickly the media began stumping AGAINST conspiracy theorists.

Just my 2 cents. Take it as you will.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

With this being the site it is how would you know if its been infiltrated?

Sorry i couldn't resist saying that. I think it just because of the current situation nothing more.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
And for those concerned about privacy: every aspect of the data we use for comparison and retained, is encrypted, not stored as clear text, and purged after 48 hours.

Nice to hear that. Any advice on how to get a good thread going when the NEW THREAD board rolls over every 20 min. The infiltrators boat load of pablum is sinking Jems. The best way to derail truth is to bury it.
edit on 2-5-2011 by MinorityReporter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by wheels
I also think we are witnessing something of a race to post the first big scoop.

As I said...attention seekers.
I wish it wasn't like this...people are way too needy.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Hard to know what's going on, I'm sure that many will see conspiracy, while others will see different. I've not caught up on threads/news since last night, so won't make a judgment call too early - but I will say that in my short time here, I've seen the threads turn into a cluster* every time something big happens and not too unlike MSM, in that way. I chalk it up to people jumping on the bandwagon of the moment, but on ATS it's with a conspiracy (or straight up bizarre) topical slant. I tend to look at all with a skeptical eye.

edit on 2-5-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just as the newsgroups, IRC, and the internet in general became dumbed down as more people joined the bandwagon, so too is this happening with think tanks like ATS. It's to be expected. Now as to whether there's AI persona's or whatever on here as well, I don't know, but if not now, soon enough.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I noticed a surge in new members posting in the Obama BC threads in the past few days..
Who knows if is infiltration or not but they all seemed pro Obama...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

As always the feed back from ATS is appreciated.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Typical day on ATS, Slayer... You've had too much coffee, calm down.

When the US government spent so much time and effort creating Al Qaeda, and Osama Bin Laden, you should expect a major production involving his fabricated death.

Already setting this up for the "Elvis was here" school of after death sightings, I see...

Listen, you folks are gonna believe what you want, which is why I've refrained for the most part in commenting in any of the OBL is Dead threads. The crap I've seen posted is beyond belief, and for the life of me (or the life of OBL for that matter) I can't see how folks can make these claims and keep a straight face.

Keep up the good work in the propaganda effort. It'll pay off in spades during the forthcoming "I saw Osama at McDonalds!" rush....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Luckyxfactor

Im new to this and i think its a great site...And yes peoples different views could be seen like that..and this could be correct..!!!May we are all in the nets scope and are some kind of pain in the arse(butt)for the Greater Powers..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Keep up the good work in the propaganda effort. It'll pay off in spades during the forthcoming "I saw Osama at McDonalds!" rush....

But the majority believe he died years ago..
So no Maccas for OBL.....

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I'm not sure what you mean. I must be slow today (sighs), or am I always? Could you be a little more specific? I thought ATS always had/has a wide variety of viewpoints, it wouldn't be quite as stimulating if everyone thought the same thing. There is a ton of threads (OBL's death), though and that might contribute to the craziness. Unless you're referring to how everyone, well the majority of ATS members are agreeing that the story of OBL's death appears to be too neat and tidy to be true? Whether it is or not I haven't a clue but sure enjoy the speculation and varying points of views.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I have been noticing the same only not just with the OBL threads, it is happening with quite a few other topics as well.

Some of it I reckon is just a few trolls and nothing more.

I do think there is a chance of deliberate disinformation being created with the OBL topic however, especially given that so many media outlets attacked conspiracies from the start of this news being announced.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I really began noticing it in the first birth certifricate release thread....
A whole lot of people spouting off like they were some kind of expert, only problem was a lot of it was half truths, and outright lies stated over and over again.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I haven't been on long but even I've seen a difference from the Egypt protests thread(s) to the Osama bin Dying thread(s)..
Now granted, this IS a conspiracy site, but even conspiracy sites can hold. . . um. . . er. . . conspiracies.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

But the majority believe he died years ago..
So no Maccas for OBL.....

I don't know if it's a majority, but I know that belief is pretty prevalent, and way up near the top. Just give it a few weeks and see if the reports don't come rolling in that OBL and Elvis have been spotted sharing burgers, fries, and falafel in such diverse culinary capitals as Pittsburg and Canberra, often on the same day.

I personally don't believe he was killed years ago, nor do I believe he was killed just yesterday. I do believe he's dead, and I further believe that if the body truly was dumped in the ocean, that was a boneheaded thing to do. Without a body, the OBL sightings are sure to begin, probably in company of Elvis and Zbignew Brzezinsky.

Maybe they put him in the FBI witness Protection Program and relocated him as "Tim Osman"? Yeah, I've seriously seen THAT claim, too, already.
It's all BS, and BS never dies...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Tea Party, Birthers, Anti Obama-ites, Neo Conservitive Nazi's, Anti Muslims have flooded ATS as of late and everytime someone is able to prove someone wrong they are quick to employ character assassinations, personal attacks/insults and are unable to hit back on facts alone.
edit on 2-5-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I just had this vision of Elvis and OBL hunking down a steak on the Bush ranch..

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I wonder if it has to to with political polarization. We have the conservatives, an a very enthusiastic group that defends Obama at every turn.
I see this continuing as the election season draws near.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join