It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Be advised

As many of you already know I and many others have been members here a few years and have seen some patterns develop when certain news events break and I'm well aware of this being a conspiracy site and all but, the last few hours ATS seems to have gone into OVERDRIVE

I swear, so much confusion flying around on ATS at the moment esp regarding OBL's death. I'm having a field day reading all the stereotyping and what appears to be blatant disinformation and smearing of news articles information.

It seems to me that there are quite a few "Newish" members [Not singling anybody out] who seem to be thread hopping from one thread to another. What happened to deny ignorance?

Has anybody else seen this or is catching the "Confusion" of reported stories here?
I dunno, maybe my tinfoil hat is a bit too tight this morning.

Walks off scratching his head to get some coffee

Carry on...

edit on 2-5-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
*shrug* I see what you mean, but I chalk it up to the feeding frenzy. It will fade in a few days and we'll be back to more meaningless stuff.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Typical day on ATS, Slayer... You've had too much coffee, calm down.

When the US government spent so much time and effort creating Al Qaeda, and Osama Bin Laden, you should expect a major production involving his fabricated death.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'm fairly new, even still, people should get the drift by now. I hope logic hits them in the head once in a while.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I agree, there seems to be an awful lot of confusion and I attribute that to speculative threads and posts that get jumped on by other members and later stated as fact. Take the obviously hoaxed photo of the dead Bin Laden. People are jumping to the conclusion that it is the official photo even though there is no evidence that is the case. The US government is not that sloppy if they were to hoax a photo it would be very hard to debunk. This photo is not the case!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

hey....

I am a newbee here but can assure you I am definately not here in this thread or on ATS to stir up nonsense.

I am concerned at the content of some of the threads posted here and it is actually quite sad that people here seem to be really really hyped up to believe any guff.... I think the world has supposed to have ended 3 times at least since I joined.... we were due to be in full global melt down and be over run by aliens.....

As far as I can see, all is ok outside my window..Sometimes I think people need to chill a bit.

You only have to see the hype about Osama here today to realise there is a feeding frenzie going on. Rather than the " Go Team America whoop whoop ....." attitude, I would dearly love to read sober reactions. Surely I can not be the only person thinking that today is a bad day. Evil won. People forget the old saying two wrongs do not make a right.....I am now praying today will NOT lead to more pain and loss of life.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hi Slayer.
I see the insanity as well but I am not so sure its from being infilterated.
My view is there are just alot more attention seeking and not by older members.
The amount of duplicate threads has my head spinning and I am amazed people are posting these threads thinking it has never been covered here on ats before.

edit on 2-5-2011 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

True...

I'm not pointing out which facts or stipulations.

It just seems like the past few hours have been way too rampant with what appears to be way over the top and quite frankly some rather bizarre [Even for ATS standards] speculation and innuendo etc...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I have encountered some confusion being spewed about around the hallow halls of ATS about the death of Osama Bin Laden. Perhaps, it is the sheer shock and awe of the abrupt bombshell announcement made last night by the President. As ATS member, rogerstigers, mentioned previously, "It will fade in a few days and we'll be back to more meaningless stuff.."

I am more confused by the information coming out of the White House and the MSM. I have seen no evidence about this military operation taking place or even the death of Osama Bin Laden. Until I see a corpse or an in depth presentation about the raid like was shown with the capture of Saddam Hussein or the death Zarqawi, I reserve my judgment on the matter. As far as I see it, all this is just hearsay, and it looks a heck of a lot like a prime example of a diversionary tactic. I will not go over the laundry list for why a diversion is needed, but it seems the world is coming apart at the seams. Hopefully, more evidence comes out about this, and we can bring Osama Bin Laden's story to a proper close? As it stands now, this story has conspiracy written all over it.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I just chalk a lot of that silliness up to a lack of reading comprehension skills.

That faked photo is a perfect example. The link clearly says it's from 2009, yet some folks are jumping all over it.

This site is amazing. It can make me feel both woefully uninformed, and extremely intelligent and observant all within a matter of minutes.

Hang with 'em Slayer. You're definitely the type of cat the will pull us out of the muck when it all dies down.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
We have some unique and potentially proprietary analytics that compares available data about new registrations, looking for predictable patterns that would indicate a coordinated attempt to flood our site with specific opinions. This has been in place for nearly a year... and has been refined at least three times. The intent is to "catch" one or more people creating multiple accounts, or, alert us when software is used to create multiple "sock puppets."

Thus far, we're not seeing anything alarming. While I don't want to reveal the details of our system, there are no "signatures" that would be suspicious.

And for those concerned about privacy: every aspect of the data we use for comparison and retained, is encrypted, not stored as clear text, and purged after 48 hours.
edit on 2-5-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Welcome to the new and improved, commercial ATS.

Enjoy

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
"Infiltration" carries such a negative stigma. Harsh term, don't you think?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
i agree with you not just with the osb thread but with others like

the dreaded birth certificate and the Russian alien hoax to name

another couple it is swamping all the good threads out

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Honestly, I don't think there has actually been any sort of infiltration.
This recent current topic obviously brings out many questions in all.

I was thinking that there is probably just alot more members online this morning, than usual Monday mornings.

Some most likely just joined.
Some that are usually lurkers will want to throw in their 2 cents. on this particular matter.
Some that normally open the site for 5-10 minutes to check on the current top topics are, may be on alot longer this particular morning. etc. etc.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Well, personally I do have to doubt that there has been any infiltration of any kind related to the topic at hand here. If I can remember right in fact, I think the same sort of behaviour seen to cause this thread today occurred quickly after the Japan Crisis started and then began to unfold also.

I’d assume just like in any big disaster, or any big news story, people tend to jump all over it and then begin to post anything which can vaguely be tied to it in the hope It’s of any real value or importance.

That’s just my opinion of course but I just can't see any other conclusion here being that people have just jumped all over this topic and are looking for any reason to cry conspiracy thus why we've seen so many different and "out there" topics thus far.
edit on 2-5-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   

I dont say this often Slayer, but you are right.

I noticed it too, and thanks for making the thread. Awareness is key. We had a bunch of new joins last night right after this broke who stayed on all night and interestingly enough, they were all stumping the party line and cheerleading Obama.

Now I can see joining ATS right after a big story breaks. Even in the middle of the night. But what are the odds that people who will seek to join in the middle of the night a conspiracy site when they do not believe there is a conspiracy?

Just use common sense people. Look at join dates, posting style, content, ask them questions, (the bot ones give weird answers to questions) and keep ATS free of ignorance. Just remember the TnC and dont personally attack them. Or the mods might come after you.

Cheers.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
The confusing part of it all to me is the sheer number of threads being started with the exact same message or information....Do we really need 75 threads on the same topic?? If I do a search of "osama dead" I can clearly see there are already multiple threads. If I check recent posts, new topics and hot topics I can see multiple threads..and yet someone feels it necessary to start yet another...with nothing new to offer WHYYYY?? Is this to move the threads with some possible real or true information off the front page or what exactly is the reason for this?

Michelle

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I am fairly new as well and I am concerned. More about if we are all looking here, what are we missing over there.
My hope is that some of the more seasoned members are looking at alternative news outlets for what it is we are missing, as I am trying to do, but of course, seems like we are drowning in Osama stories everywhere.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I also think we are witnessing something of a race to post the first big scoop.

Throw it against the wall to see if it sticks.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join