It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has ATS been infiltrated?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by John_Rodger_Cornman

Originally posted by HawkMan11
"Infiltration" carries such a negative stigma. Harsh term, don't you think?

Look at your join date dude.

Its pretty obvious who the PR agents are.

Are we assuming my join date is indicative of something?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well if we have been infiltrated I suspect the methods would be a little more subtle then some bots
Granted the events of last night were of a highly unusual nature and watching the thread race start was actually comical. Unless the staff and owners have sold us out
I think that we are just seeing the results of people wanting to get as much info as possible, regardless of the accuracy and that race to be first to post breaking news. We just need to take a look and see approach to the sign-ups from last night. If they stick around and post like the rest of us crazies all is good. But if they just post a few things then vanish well we have been infiltrated. And hey maybe it isn't the Gov't doin it, may be the reptillians or some other group are using the site as a test. MIB's posting on ATS

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Personally, I don't understand why EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy. The man who was responsible for thousands of deaths is finally DEAD. Can't we just be happy and leave it at that? I understand the US government is anything but HONEST with its' citizens ALL of the time, but I don't believe this is a "cover up" or conspiracy this time. I believe we did just as we were told, we snuck in behind enemy lines, found OBL and shot him in the head. And now he's gone. Yay! I think I will have a glass of champagne to celebrate.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
i haven't seen anything change since I joined tbh, mostly a balance of members that don't fully read a post, do a quick search on google or aim to be the first to post some major news for stars and flags.

i was thinking more along the lines of why something i posted a couple of days ago in Inventor Survives 10 Murder Attempts to Release World Changing ... is now suddenly unavailable - at least a placeholder deletion thread explaining some reasons would have suited me better. Afterall what's the point of spending time posting on a subject to have it whisked away with no explanation - that's more of a conspiracy than the membership ....
edit on 2-5-2011 by digitalf because: typo

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjl32
Personally, I don't understand why EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy. The man who was responsible for thousands of deaths is finally DEAD. Can't we just be happy and leave it at that?

Sure, just like accepting that the wicked witch of OZ is dead, melted they say... Good enough for me.

All hail the CIA, the Wicked Osama is dead.

edit on 2-5-2011 by Fractured.Facade because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anjl32

It has a conspiracy behind it for two reasons. 1- Given his location the locals were in on the joke. 2- If the US invaded a sovereign nation to send troops to execute the mission we may have a problem. Especially if #1 is the case. Pakistan has been playing with its cards close to its chest in regards to what information it releases to the US. Some of the information we have indicates there is more that is being left unsaid.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anjl32

Roll with the punches.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

and what happens to those people who have been caught out making more than one account?

im curious because on some threads its blatantly obvious, especially when they make slip ups...

Id be curious to know the punishment for that........

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
reply to post by Skyfloating

You forgot me, I'm trustworthy, and right 99.999999999% of the time.

Perfection is impossible.

Links or you're lying..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

How dare you insult me?

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I wouldn't say "infiltrated"....probably more along the lines of "probed"...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by HawkMan11

Whats your view on the death of osama, I think it's bull and a
smokescreen.

Look around . look up , but don't look down. If you do you will
fall.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Is there a way to know for sure?
Or is it just hit and miss?
Or is it hit, but really miss, because it was a decoy?
Hmmm...
I've noticed some 'activity' on ATS the last few days that strikes me as 'interesting' and 'may or may not warrant further investigation.'

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Infiltrate? Perhaps or perhaps not. From my observation, ATS seems to be 'commercialized'. Quantity of members over quality

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Wouldn't it be naive to think that ATS wasn't already infiltrated?

I figured it was something to be expected, which is why I take every thread with a pinch of salt...

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
To be honest though, is there a need to infiltrate a fairly public forum? Anybody can join.

In a way it's sort of like "infiltrating" Anonymous.
So what are the secrets?

Various internet sites have their cliques and regulars, but the only effort needed to "infiltrate" them is enabling scripts for that site (if you do safe browsing), registering an account and creating a user profile, and logging in. Stick around long enough, comment on posts, build up reputation points... There, now you're a member of the site. It's not like you're some mastermind scheming your way into some criminal organization or covert operation. (Those who have been banned may have some desire to infiltrate, as they have been restricted access. But most of those people were either doing some serious trolling or flagrant violations of the site's TOS.) Not to mention that for most content at sites like ATS, you don't even need to be logged in to view. For a guesstimated 98% of what's going on, it's public with no membership required. (There are some forums here that are members-only like RATS, but to be honest I find them kind of tame compared to the rest. Sorry to disappoint - if any non-member is reading.)

Now if you're worried about forums being manipulated by various members, well I could understand that. But if you're going by the actual definition, infiltration isn't something you typically worry about with mostly public activity. (Unless you're pointing fingers at staff or moderators which control a site or forum. Those positions would require actual infiltration by somebody wanting to push an agenda. But then how would you go about proving it without risking the almighty ban-hammer? Good luck there.)

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjl32
Personally, I don't understand why EVERYTHING has to be a conspiracy. The man who was responsible for thousands of deaths is finally DEAD. Can't we just be happy and leave it at that? I understand the US government is anything but HONEST with its' citizens ALL of the time, but I don't believe this is a "cover up" or conspiracy this time. I believe we did just as we were told, we snuck in behind enemy lines, found OBL and shot him in the head. And now he's gone. Yay! I think I will have a glass of champagne to celebrate.

Quite agree.I would add that people have a choice of:

A) - S..t happens due to human error, greed stupidity etc etc
or
B) - S..t never happens it's all done on purpose and since its bad it must be a conspiracy!

This site site is swimming with choice B. This is NOT what this site was like several years ago when I first joined. Back then we had debates and proposals backed up with evidence we could evaluate.

WRT this particular situation: A citizen of Pakistan inadvertantly posted the attack on Bin Laden as it was happening on Twitter since he had no idea what was happening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now that's evidence !!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

the persona software is in full power mode and it is dead easy to drive ats content/homepage with this kind of tool

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I noticed at least one funny thing in the last 18 hours, and that is the posting over and over and over again of that fake OBL death pic (and I can't remember for sure if it was one or two users in particular who did it, but it seems to me that it was...postiing in multiple threads). It just seemed odd to me. And then to see on the heels of this how the MSM tried to say that "conspiracy theorists" were propagating that fake pic was even odder. The mods did a pretty good job weeding these posts out, but it was almost as if the people posting the pic didn't care to hear it was a proven fake, even though a simple search either in ATS or on the web clearly showed that.

The rest I chalk up to the news outlets and their speculation and commentary surrounding the actual facts, which we do not now know and maybe will never know, feeding speculation here. As per usual.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have seen it Slayer.. I noticed it yesterday.
This new member made a fourm post and then posted the link to it on almost every post that was going live.
Seemed odd to me.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XmikaX
the persona software is in full power mode and it is dead easy to drive ats content/homepage with this kind of tool

Really?

Your evidence?

On the first page of this thread, I explained how we have a system (which we may eventually provide as an open source software solution for other sites) that monitors new registrations for patterns than would indicate coordinated activity. None has been observed.

Why is that when we see a rise in diversity of opinion, a segment of ATS members automatically assume some nefarious reason?

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join